Today on CNN Newsroom

May 18th, 2009

Deals on Wheels

Courtesy Buddy Jones

Courtesy Buddy Jones

With dealers across the country about to go out of business, there are certainly some deals to be had on cars.

But do you know how to get 'em? And what about the fine print?

If you've got questions about buying a Chrysler or GM, post them here. Kyra will ask our experts today.

Filed under: Kyra Phillips • On TV
  1. Sheila

How do we take advantage of these great deals, when banks are still not loaning?

May 18, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  2. Peg Shambo

I've been giving thought to getting a new - or used - car. I've considered the Chrysler PT Cruiser, a Chevy Blazer, and a Honda CR-V. But my concerns are in terms of warranty coverage, dealer follow-up, and the availability of replacement parts.

May 18, 2009 at 11:57 am |
  3. Curtis Richardson

Your 0900 show on 5-18-09 mentioned a specific website for researching vehicles and dealers. Would you please forward that website to me..........
    cr

May 18, 2009 at 12:50 pm |
  4. Thomas

This whole thing disgusts me. The idea of getting a deal on a car is fine but at the expense of people that are losing their livelihood. This is part of the mindset that got us into trouble in the first place. Shame on you Gerri!

May 18, 2009 at 1:28 pm |
  5. W. Heine

Having watched the news conference with Obama and Netanyahu. I notice something I find interesting. Not once was it mentioned or even touched on, that Israel has the BOMB. If Mexico had the Bomb and we didn't, I know that America would be trying to get it NOW.

May 18, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  6. PR. Opaganda

I have a 76' ford and it gets 9mpg, I want my trade in voucher, where do I do this? :O

May 18, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  7. Fred

Thanks, Gerri, for the tips!

May 18, 2009 at 3:23 pm |
  8. Carrie A

Hi Curtis, the website Gerri mentioned in her 9a segment was truecar.com

Good luck!

May 18, 2009 at 3:24 pm |
  9. Brianna

What was that website mentioned?

May 18, 2009 at 6:00 pm |
  10. Carrie A

Gerri focused on 3 websites today:
    truecar.com
    edmunds.com
    kbb.com

May 18, 2009 at 7:48 pm |
  11. Ed Baker

now that "our" government owns Big Auto
    (and just about everything else)

I wouldn't buy an American car if it was free

now they will put a wiper-blade on and say "made in America"..

we been horn-swaggled again...and again and again..

now let us swap debt for stock! what a crock!

May 20, 2009 at 1:32 pm |
  12. Чистачки Онлайн Магазин

The industry these days is very powerful and it doesn't matter where its made. The quality and price does!

March 21, 2017 at 3:58 am |