Today on CNN Newsroom

May 20th, 2009

It's On!! American Idol: Who Should Win??

Who should win American Idol – Kris or Adam? The big showdown is tonight … Heidi and Josh debated the merits of the two contestants. Who should be the next American Idol? Heidi and Josh really got into it! Check it out:

Filed under: Anchors • Heidi Collins
  1. Vicon

Heidi Collins should be fired for her inappropriate comments

May 20, 2009 at 11:00 am |
  2. Vicon

GO ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  3. Vicon

Adam is true talent and international star!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  4. Tiana Batiste-Waddell

I think Michael Vick should be given another chance to prove himself. He has served his time and commited a crime, on a scale of 1 to 10, is in my opinion on the lower end of the scale. He should not continued to be punished for a mistake he made. If he follows through with the rest of his sentence, then I would see no problem with the NFL reconsidering his participation.

May 20, 2009 at 11:44 am |
  5. CARRIE

VOTED FOR ADAM 4 HOURS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO ADAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 12:25 pm |
  6. CARRIE

I could find 10,000 singers just like Kris Allen and with as much talent. He is a dime a dozen. Adam is a true stand out, even the celebrities who have been on the show are mesmerized by him!! Win or not, he is the TRUE STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 at 12:28 pm |
  7. Ruthie Mae of Perry

Let's get real here!!!.. The man made a wrong turn in his life. He walked out of that gate with all the assets needed to return to a successful life. Wanna bet he hasn't been keeping in shape. This athlete has a lot more to give the NFL and he will be back on the gridiron. He paid his dues. Let the one who has never made a mistake raise his keyboard!

May 20, 2009 at 12:37 pm |
  8. Chris

Kris ALL DAY!!!!!

Adam is too much for me, sorry little girls.

May 20, 2009 at 3:33 pm |
  9. Chris

Oh and Vicon, your a bit too much also. : )

Go Heidi!!

May 20, 2009 at 3:37 pm |
  10. Sterling

I see now how the CNN censorship works now. I posted a relative benign comment and opinion regarding Michael Vick and it was censored for not being a completely pro-Michael comment. Big brother is alive and well and lives at CNN........

May 20, 2009 at 3:40 pm |
  11. Henry

Adam had this thing won ever since Motown week when he sang that Smokey Robinson song.

May 20, 2009 at 4:11 pm |
  12. Barry G

NOTE TO SIMON COWELL: ANY SHOW THAT WOULD PERMIT KRIS ALLEN TO WIN OVER ADAM LAMBERT IS BOGUS> UNLESS YOU CHANGE THE RULES TO PREVENT A SIMILAR TRAVESTY,YOUR SHOW IS A GONER BECAUSE NO INTELLIGENT PERSON (INCLUDING ME) WILL EVER WATCH IT AGAIN

May 21, 2009 at 10:05 am |
  13. Jolene Davis

Enough already, has anyone let Mr Cheney know that he lost..He and Mr Bush lead this country into a war that most agree was fed by lies and false info...How are we as a nation to believe any of the garbage coming out of his mouth now......Its time this country got its act together the people have spoken give our current President a chance to clean up the past mess so mistakes arent made again in the future. More over sight is sorely needed, let the chips fall were they may prosecute those that have missed the mark and forgotten about our constitution...Enough politics and politicans lets see who can work for our country and not the fame fortune and national exposure.

May 21, 2009 at 11:37 am |
  14. Rhonda Charles

I'm sorry but, Simon made the comment at the very begining of Hollywood week about how Kris should have kept his wife quote,"behind the scenes for a little while longer" well as boldly as
    he said that. I feel as a Christian it's fair for me to say, that Adam should have kept his sexuality behind the scenes a little longer. It was so very evident from day one that he was out of the closet. So
    he lost alot of christian based beleivers at week 1. Say it as you may, with all the hipe about homosexuality, some things are probably better
    left undone.(like the eyeliner, the nails, the makeup as whole was atrocious)

May 21, 2009 at 3:30 pm |
  15. Marlene

I think American Idol is on it's way out. I think Kris was cute and a very nice guy. He could sing ok but Adam was the best singer that AI has ever had. I don't know what happened here but I don't think I will ever watch AI again. The results of the finale is ridiculous! One of the problems is that you have all these teen girls with cell phones that don't really know what talent is and are voting only because they think he's cute.....nothing to do with talent. I think the results was very unfair to Adam.....So if the most talented person, by miles, doesn't win, why bother to watch and vote.

May 21, 2009 at 4:26 pm |