Today on CNN Newsroom

May 20th, 2009

The :30 Pitch-Looking for a job?

Have you been laid off from your job? Did you lose your job due to downsizing? Are you still looking for work? We want to hear from you. If you're a regular viewer of CNN NewsRoom with Kyra Phillips you've probably seen one of our 30 Second Pitch segments. We're trying to link up job seekers with potential employers. If you want to be part of the pitch please get in touch with us here or send a tweet @KyraCNN.

CNN viewer Clint White got in touch with us through our blog and we aired his pitch earlier this month.

1. Kelli

Kris. He is a true singer and a gracious person. Adam only screeches and yells. There is nothing gracious about him.

May 20, 2009 at 11:39 am |
  2. Ken Hamlett

Michael Vick paid a larger debt than most criminals guilty of far worse offenses - losing a fortune, a career and a reputation. In this country, we claim to believe in rehabilitation and forgiveness. If so, then give Mr. Vick another chance to use his talents in the sport of football. His punishment is complete. Now, let him heal and have a chance!

May 20, 2009 at 12:24 pm |
  3. Dawn

I would really love to be part of this segment. I was fired from my job back in November of 2008 the week after my supervisor learned I was pregnant. I have a 2 month old now and I am badly in need of job.

May 20, 2009 at 3:09 pm |
  4. Benjamin Kennedy

i was in a car wreck on dec. 11 07.... i had worked for tony romas as a server in louisville, ky for over a year. i went through physical therapy, and had singed documentation stating that i could not lift TRAYS...... at first they told me (management) that i could take all the time that i need "its fine that you cant lift TRAYS whatever you need"..... about 2 months after the accident i was fired because i couldnt lift TRAYS...... i havent worked since.... my truck was repoed, my credit went from 720 to around 520.... their are more pitbulls in the classifieds then there are jobs.............................................

May 20, 2009 at 3:25 pm |
  5. Marla

the cops...... whatever happened "to protect and to serve"?

May 20, 2009 at 3:39 pm |
  6. Dawn

Please do not judge all police officers by a few really bad ones. We do not do that with any other profession... why does it happen with police?

I know a lot of very good police officers who have done everything they could to to protect and serve.

May 20, 2009 at 3:56 pm |
  7. Barbara

This comment is in regards to the 30 second Pitch-Looking for a Job segment. I recently graduated from law school and discovered that I passed the Texas Bar Exam. So now what? I have a newly minted law degree, I am in possession of a newly issued Texas Bar Card, and I cannot find gainful employment anywhere!!! While I am overwhelmed with student loans, my greatest sense of despair stems from the effect I know I am having on my parents. I feel extremely guilty over having become such a financial burden on my parents, whom have always been so supportive of me. In particular, not a word has been spoken by either my mother or father concerning the financial impact my moving back home has had on them – a true testament to their kind spirit. Thus, I would greatly appreciate any assistance I can get in improving my job prospects, including an opportunity to participate in CNN Newsroom's 30 Second Pitch. Thank you for your time!

May 20, 2009 at 4:49 pm |
  8. Joseph Sadler, Toronto Canada.

KEEP GITMO !! Not all Canadians are idiots. Many of us realize that our continued freedom and security is largely due to the sacrifices made by the US citizens. It's not just your brave soldiers, but every tax-paying American who shares our common belief in liberty and equality. The American people can stand proud that as a whole they have put aside racial differences and have elected the best man for the job. I still support and admire your President, but in light of the utter devastation caused by 9/11, the bombings of the USS Cole, US embassies, trains in Spain, and the subway in London, I cannot understand why anybody would scorn Gitmo. Give your head a shake and open your eyes people. Like or hate Bush, he was absolutely right when he said that one nuclear detonation on US soil by a terrorist group is one too many. If the USA goes down, then Canada goes down with you. And by the way, many of us Canadians have US relatives. We are indeed "family". God bless America.

May 21, 2009 at 12:47 pm |
  9. VICTORIA NYUMAH

After listening to the former VP Dick Cheney defending the Bush administration on methods used to retrieved vital information from terrorists at GITMO, I must say that we americans owed the former administration an apology for bending the laws to save america from further attacks. I hope that the Obama administration will follow similar procedures to keep our beloved Country save instead of trying to abide by the law. Keeping GITMO prisoners in U.S. prisons to me is like inviting Osama bin Laden and company to come and live near Washington.

May 21, 2009 at 1:28 pm |
  10. Patrick Czuprynski

Hi, I am wondering how to get a 30 second clip? I am a recent law student graduate who is taking the Illinois Bar this coming July. I have yet to find a position and am interested in getting a 30 second plug in for myself.

Patrick

May 25, 2009 at 2:17 pm |
  11. Lara Jackson

Hello- I would really like the opportunity to be a part of this segment. I lost my job in November 2008 - it was just a bad fit. I am currently working a "survivor" job, but I'm barely making it.

I am a written communications professional with more than 10 years of experience working in a variety of industries including business to business publications, community newspapers, and nonprofit health care associations. I have excellent research, interviewing, communications, and project management skills. I have experience with feature/editorial writing, promotional/public relations writing, as well as business writing. I am familiar with Associated Press and American Medical Association editing styles. I am a creative and forward-thinker and many of my ideas have been utilized to increase the awareness of the organization and its programs and services. I also have graphic design and Web experience.

I am looking for full-time work, but am open to part-time or contract work in the Chicago area.

Please check out my Web site at http://www.lrjwritingandeditingservices.com and my blog at http://www.laraj71.wordpress.com.

July 3, 2009 at 2:35 pm |
  12. Lara Jackson

Correction - I've been in job transition since November 2007.

August 25, 2009 at 1:05 pm |