Today on CNN Newsroom

May 25th, 2009

A Psychologist's take on "how to kill" cartoon

Parents and teachers near seattle are baffled, and horrified, by a cartoon circulated on youtube.

It's from a group of 6th grade girls. It shows them killing a classmate, in a half dozen ways.

Elisa Hahn of our seattle affiliate KING has the story.

It's kind of hard to watch that video and dismiss it as some typical school prank. Clinical Psychologist Judy Kuriansky gave us her take on this cartoon and cyber-bullying.

Filed under: Fredricka Whitfield
  1. michael armstrong sr.

these kids are definitly watching to much joe cartoons jib jab and other internet mutilation cartoons these violent cartoons are even on regular tv for instance early in the morning on channel 177 dish network and 176.

May 25, 2009 at 10:23 am |
  2. Jack Medley

That is beyond rational thinking. RED FLAG! I hope you parents of those kids wake up and FIX your children, because there is something wrong with them. And if you don't, that means there's something wrong with you as well.

Your kids are on the wrong track, PAY ATTENTION!

May 25, 2009 at 10:23 am |
  3. Sandy Hughes

These children watch to much TV and are using a computer that they are not being supervised. (Where are the parents) I think they need to be in church and to learn the 10 Commandments. I will pray for all involved.

May 25, 2009 at 10:40 am |
  4. nana

What will happen to the laws governing the boarders. Is she going o mainy help her people.

May 26, 2009 at 11:05 am |
  5. tom

the united nations is a joke they dont back up what they say N.Korea is doing whatever they want too N.Korea has been told by the U.N not test fire missiles and what about the detonating a nuclear bomb i say it again the U.N is a joke

May 26, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  6. Mike

It is aparent to me that our new president is methodically placing minoritys in positions of government to decrease the white majorities grip on power.
    I expect this to continue in the future I can only hope we wake up in time before the majority loses everything we worked so long and, hard to achieve wake up people

May 26, 2009 at 11:33 am |
  7. Amy

I am ashamed of my state of California today. I am not gay but I support gay marriage. God is love, compassion, tolerance, and he or she also supports gay marriage. While satan opposes gay marriage because satan is hate, fear, and oppression. For those who disagree with me and say the the bible says gay marriage is wrong, I say do your research and learn that the King James version was edited by white heterosexual males in the early 1600s were known to be racist and sexist.

May 26, 2009 at 1:35 pm |