Today on CNN Newsroom

July 4th, 2009

"Have You Seen My Childhood?"

Michael Jackson described the song "Have You Seen My Childhood" as the most intimately personal and autobiographical of his career. Music producer Bruce Swedien worked with Jackson to record that song. He spoke with CNN's Don Lemon about the experience.

Filed under: Don Lemon
  1. D,wan Carnegie

Now that the boy from the first case against
    Michael has said it was a lie Why don't I see
    any news reports about that or any interviews
    Please do Michael Justice

July 5, 2009 at 2:57 pm |
  2. Jocelan Greene

Michael Jackson HAD a childhood, just a different one from most kids. His was a priviliged childhood, travelling to places that most kids never see, meeting people that most kids would die to meet, and being praised constantly for his talent. Most kids barely get complimented on their accomplishments. His childhood had wealth, people around him pandering to his every wish, travel and advantages that most kids only fantasize about. When he was growing up, no one every said anything negative about him or to him. It's funny, while he claims that he envied other kids, they were envying him. I wonder if he could go back to the four room shack in Gary and fail the audition at Motown and live a 'normal' life, if he would do so. I don't think so.

July 5, 2009 at 3:09 pm |
  3. John

I am a Michael Jackson fan but if I see one more clip on either him or Sarah Palin I think I'm gonna throw up. Get some new news, will you. I usually watch CNN but I've quit watching you and will stay away for a couple of days and hope you guys get on to some Real news.

Just sick of this stuff

July 5, 2009 at 10:55 pm |
  4. Rita Bosico

The death of Michael Jackson has been an unexpectedly profound and disturbing event in my life. I have never been so griefstricken over any other death – ever. I await – and yet dread – the memorial because of the flood of emotions that continue to overwhelm me when I hear his music replayed: uncontrollable sobbing, a flood of sadness at the loss ... Read Moreof such a genius entertainer and loving person, and the reality that I will have to spend the rest of my life without Michael Jackson in it... which for my entire 44 years of my life he was. The world was richer for having him, and is MUCH poorer for losing him. I still haven't caught my breath from this awful tragedy of a world changer gone too soon. My heart is completely broken.

I think someone needs to call Elton John and have him rewrite once again "Candle in the Wind" , so true for Michael. Never knowing who to cling to... when the PAIN set in.

July 6, 2009 at 1:55 pm |
  5. Carolyn Salas

To: Rita Bosico
    My heartfelt feelings exactly...the world is empty.

August 27, 2009 at 11:44 pm |
  6. Joseph

Some people just don't understand Michael Jackson....being different makes you LONELY...! Don't you get it?! How can you said that no one EVER says negative things about him!? Have you seen his childhood?!

August 11, 2010 at 12:07 pm |