Today on CNN Newsroom

July 12th, 2009

Coming Up in the CNN Newsroom...

President Obama is back in the United States after a historic visit to Ghana. The First Family arrived at Andrews AFB last night.

Coming up in the CNN Newsroom, CNN's Ed Henry looks back on a powerful and emotional day for the President on his first visit to sub-Saharan Africa.

Also ahead, President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama met with Pope Benedict XVI Friday at the Vatican. We'll explain why this meeting was so significant between these two powerful leaders. Even the gift the Pope gave to President Obama was meant to underscore his views on what the Vatican considers prime ethical issues.

Join us in the CNN Newsroom with Betty Nguyen and TJ Holmes, beginning 6am ET/3am PT.

Post by:
Filed under: In the Newsroom
  1. Michael Allen

Do you consider yourself a racist or just pro black? I consider you a racist if judged by the same standards white people or judged by. The African American community would be all up in arms if there was a program directed towards whites as is The Brotherhood program to blacks. I would be willing to bet Jesse Jackson would get involved if there were one white doctor seeking out white patience’s to treat. Do you think that a television station could be called "W.E.T T.V" (White Entertainment Television). What would happen if there were a white version of NAACP? Perhaps it would be ok to have a "White College Fund" to match the "Black College Fund". While we’re at it let’s throw in a white history month to match the black history month. How can the racial divide in this country ever heel when we have double standards, it can’t and it won’t

July 12, 2009 at 7:27 am |
  2. Willow

T.J.
    Do you know anything or have you done the story on Effient the blockbuster drug just approved by FDA? This is going to be the leading selling drug next to lipitor. This is so important for people who have suffered heart attacks life myself and I think all viewers should know this is now available. I believe it was in NYT Times, WSJ and all four wires. Please share with the audience.

July 12, 2009 at 8:39 am |
  3. James Modi

CNN is a great source of news, and my friends and family members watch on TV and listens on XM radio for nothing but CNN. Every anchor in their own rights is awesome. If you want to know how much of an avid CNN follower I am, I can list almost all the anchor off head.

This in particular is to Don Lemon. I love to watch your presentation, but I was terribly disappointed after I watched your interview concerning “10 days in Africa”. This is what you said vis-à-vis that, “It was an emotional moment for President Obama as he visited Africa for the first time since taking office…” You went ahead to say, “when you see the President there, and we saw the President’s speech in Cairo and what that did, what that did for the folks in that part of the world and now you see him in Africa, not only for Africans being seen on world stage like that…” A point of correction. On June 4th, 2009 President Obama made a speech in Cairo Egypt. If CNN did not know about this, Cairo is in Egypt, and Egypt is in Africa. Egypt is on the northern border of Sudan, and Sudan is on the northern border of Kenya. Please Don Lemon, do some reconnaissance before making a presentation. You have done great so far, and you make a great contribution to our lens into the world, but you ought to remember that your job is to bring us out of the cave into the world of light, not vice versa.

July 12, 2009 at 9:04 am |
  4. michael armstrong sr.

mr. obama so far has been not only our president but a freiend to our nation he only wants whats best for this country with out no selfish agendas and reaching out for peace to unite all our countrys will be good for us all.

July 12, 2009 at 9:26 am |
  5. Milton Smith

Using nano tools you can systhesis everything and develope a warp engine. With the triple crown government the empire of the new world would dominate the universe. Each crown has sky bases to watch over the empire. If it doesnt happen tomorrow then your weak ass sissy ass world really does suck itself into a third world state of union. No, the west divids into a western union, triple crown government is installed and sky bases are used.

July 12, 2009 at 3:42 pm |
  6. Gloria-Gaye

I grew up in Philly suburb in the early '70's and remember when we protest another swim club for the same reasons. That swim club also made the news – now it is integrated. It helped us started a local swim club – "The Nile Swim" in Yeadon, Pa. which was open to everyone. I thought those days were gone but I guess we are wrong. I guess I have to dust off those old protest signs my Mom had.

July 12, 2009 at 7:42 pm |
  7. Sheila Arnold

FYI D. Lemon,
    If President Obama spoke in Cairo ...he was in Africa.

July 12, 2009 at 8:26 pm |
  8. michael armstrong sr.

I hope his trip went well but I have a question why cant a president keep gifts given from other countrys that rule sucks .

July 13, 2009 at 9:23 am |
  9. Randy N

I can not go anywhere unless I walk and our president can waste money openly. There are no jobs, our economy is in shambles, and the news service is pandering to these problems by not helping the People of this country. The people want to get rid of this goverment, We want to Impeach this administration. Help us do it. Randy

July 15, 2009 at 12:00 pm |
  10. bilal

His performance as President of the USA is prshaewortiy.He has inspired the World Leaders to create atmosphere for long wanted Peace.But recently his demand for billions of Dollars for finishing war in Afghanistan and Iraq continue to disturb the Asians @ Mid eastern Countries.Since he has been awarded the most prestigious Noble Peace Prize He should work more on dialogues and not much on confontation.The entire world is watching his activities eagerly.People expect from him global peace .His domestic programmes have been so far brought hope and for the people of his Country.It is hoped that he will remain as active as he was in his first year in office.He will work for downtrodden people of the world wherever they are from.Let him be active as ever.

March 26, 2012 at 2:11 am |