Today on CNN Newsroom

July 31st, 2009

Come to Mexico, Please?!

The Mexico City Government is trying to sweeten already sweet deals.  Tourism from Americans accounts for 80% of their 13 billion dollar industry.  Would you go?

Filed under: Nicole Lapin • Tony Harris
  1. Amy

Absolutely – we did! After a layoff in December, we had no intention of taking a vacation this summer, but came across a deal that was so amazing, we couldn't pass it up. We spent four days in Puerto Vallarta with friends and had a fantastic time. Didn't pinch our budget badly at all – had the resort almost entirely to ourselves - and got some away time we didn't think we'd be able to have.

July 31, 2009 at 1:53 pm |
  2. Rob

Go to Mexico, what for? Not on your life! Mexico is one of the reasons why we are in this mess and it gets over looked as if it doesnt exsist. China being the other! I wont buy things made in Mexico and if I could find one thing not made in China I wouldnt buy it but life as we know it comes from China along with all the millions of jobs here and all that tax revenue gone that will one day come back to haunt the rich! Drop the health care reform and go to a one payer system like the rest of the civilized world has turned to!

July 31, 2009 at 2:38 pm |
  3. Cara

NO WAY!
    MEXICO NEEDS TO STOP INTERFERING WITH U.S. POLITICS & IMMIGRATION POLICIES AND STOP PROMOTING BREAKING OF CURRENT U.S. IMMIGRATION LAWS–THEY NEED A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THEMSELVES AND THEIR OWN CORRUPTION BEFORE THEY MURMUR A WORD ABOUT WHAT OUR POLICIES SHOULD BE!
    JUST LOOK AT MEXICO'S OWN IMMIGRATION LAWS! ENTERING MEXICO ILLEGALLY CAN GET YOU TO 10 YRS IN JAIL NOT TO MENTION A HEAVTY MONETARY FINE..25,000.!
    I BOYCOTT EVERY THING MEXICAN AND ALSO THOSE U.S. COMPANIES WHO HAVE MOVED U.S. MANUFACTURING TO MEXICO, LIKE FORD MOTOR !! I ALSO REPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS!

August 1, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  4. Mike

I might go. However, with the escalating fighting between the Mexican government and the drug cartels, I would be hesitant.

August 1, 2009 at 3:22 pm |
  5. Chris

If they need people to come visit Mexico why not send all of those illegal aliens FROM MEXICO back to their own country?

August 1, 2009 at 6:00 pm |
  6. Harris Morison

No,we dont go to Mexico or Canada anymore since you are now required to get a passport.

August 5, 2009 at 8:48 am |
  7. Rachel Ketchem

The first week of June, my children and I went Cabo San Lucas. My 19 year old son and his friends stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos and had the best of service. My 15 year old daughter and I stayed at the Hacienda Del Mar and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, along with the service and I was not in any kind of danger or fear of drug lords or thieves. The Mexican people everywhere were kind and very polite. Much more so than places I have recently traveled to in the USA.

August 13, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  8. Charles Hicks

The protests from right wing ultra conservative protesters at the Anti-healthcare reform rallies are not about healthcare, but more about wanting President Obama to fail at anything he does. Yes, there is still a lot of people all over this country and more especilly in the south that are completely prejidous. They would rather the United States completely fail and we have breadlines all accross the country; than, to have President Obama succeed at anything. Did you not hear one white woman say that "We want our country back", what do you think she was talking about?

August 17, 2009 at 12:33 pm |
  9. kateri courtney

Dear Tony,
    I love watching CNN because I really do believe you are the most fair and balanced news network. But am I the only one who sees the interviews and coverage mainly being given to republicans against health care reform. It makes one beg the question as to how far the power of the big insurance companies reach? Do they reach news networks themselves? How can it be that everyone I talk to is outraged to see a co-op coming into place which won't do anything to help Americans and CNN seems to only find opponents to the presidents plan? Co-ops will do nothing but continute to allow the insurance companies to laugh all the way to the bank.
    I am an American who is very disappointed by American greed and ignorance.

August 17, 2009 at 12:38 pm |
  10. Wanda Foster

It's amazing. The first time the general public gets a real deal on something to help them, they act like wealthy Republicans who don't need anything.

They've clearly been brainwashed during the Bush years into thinking that corporations have their best interests in mind. This could start to look like Medicare coverage for everyone, but no one wants that noooo. Not until they turn 65. Then they all want it and don't mess with it. This opposition is nonsensical craziness. Think about it.

August 17, 2009 at 12:43 pm |