Today on CNN Newsroom

August 6th, 2009

Developments in Oklahoma rape case

There are new developments in a story we've been tracking for you in the CNN NewsRoom.

There may be more cases against an Oklahoma man who pleaded guilty to raping a 4 year old girl but only got a one year sentence.

Kyra Phillips interviews the Oklahoma Attorney General and the man's adult daughter who says she is also a victim of David Harold Earls.

We have made several calls to David Harold Earls at the Pittsburgh County Jail and he has not responded to any of our messages.

We have also called the office of the Judge Thomas Bartheld numerous times to for his response to criticism of how he handled the Earls case. He has had no comment.

1. Jean

The Media and other people must put on their thinking cap and think beyond. When I heard that former President Clinton was successful in obtaining the release of the two women journalists and this N. Korean President specifically wanted to speak with him, I immediately thought that the North Korean President (whoever he is) is discriminating; he may be racist as well, towards African American and women. I consider that this man's attitude is demeaning towards President Obama and Secretary of State Hilary Clinton and made them feel small and ignored their US positions.
    Consider that President Obama is an African American person. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton is a woman. Would it be that this N.Korean president refused to talk and/or negotiate with them? This is food for thought.
    Former President Clinton should not be exalted and accept all the compliments. I think that this N. Korean dictator practiced some sort of prejudice towards Pres. Obama and Mrs, Clinton as stated previously. I hope that CNN addresses this or ask this question as stated.

August 6, 2009 at 3:00 pm |
  2. nellpost

Ah, yes, Oklahoma.

August 6, 2009 at 3:41 pm |
  3. Tony

Mrs Willis with a recession it's normal the rate unemployment continue to increase it's not just in U.S. A. but it's global with a economc very strong than the President to look restore the more job coming last for people and the unemployment to reduce

August 7, 2009 at 9:05 am |
  4. Bonnie Babbitt

What a wonderful world to have Medicare for everyone. Let's dump all of this new garbage and go to Single Pay, USA. This senior citizen wants it for all.

August 7, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  5. Bonnie Babbitt

What a wonderful world it would be if we all had Medicare. It would be so simple to turn this well working system into a national health care system.

August 7, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  6. David N.

Considering what a "Hangman's Noose" represents, there should be no exemptions under any law to allow a symbol of hatred and racism to be displayed under any circumstances. But I guess that is why after 10years of fighting with the Postal Service and OPM, I have not been able to get any help with the discrimination and racism that cost me my 15year postal career in Utah!

August 7, 2009 at 2:30 pm |
  7. JAMES

THE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM.

CONGRESS THINKS THEY HAVE THE RIGHT HEALTH CARE PLAN THEN THEY CAN GIVE UP THERE HEALTH CARE PLAN AND BARE THE BURDEN AND SUBMITT TO THE NEW HEALTH CARE PLAN SO THEY WILL GET IT RIGHT. RIGHT NOW NOTHING IS BETTER THAN A GOVERMENT OWNED AND OPERATED PLAN WE CAN'T AFFORD MEDICAD.

PEOPLE ARE PASSIONATE OVER THIER HEALTH CARE, BECAUSE IT'S DEALS WITH THE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND CARE ABOUT. WE DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP OUR CIVIL RIGHTS TO CHOSE. WE HAVE A CHOICE ON ABORTING RIGHTS AND MEDICAL CARE. I'M NOT READY TO GIVE UP MY CIVIL RIGHTS TO CHOSE. TO LET THE GOVERMENT MAKE CHOICES FOR ME.

WE CAN NOT AFFORD AS A NATION TO PROVIDE HEALTH CARE FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE.

I DON'T BELIVE CONGRESS THEY SAY WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR TO GET ELECTED.

August 8, 2009 at 12:03 pm |
  8. angela holmes

his daughter is just as much to blame as he is. she knew he was a child rapist and waited till now to stand up and say that he also raped her as a child. if she would of said so sooner maybe the 4 year old little girl would of been spared.

August 8, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  9. Rob Heym

I want to know why what the airlines are doing in not considered kidnapping. By law anytime you detain someone against their wishes it"s considered kidnapping. I bet once the ceo's start getting locked up this practice will stop.

August 10, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  10. Sue Condrin-Shields

I just tuned in to your program and caught the end of a spot you did on the unemployed , specifically, two college grads that were handing out their resumes on a street corner. I have been unemployed for eight months and am more than frustrated. I have over twenty years experience in sales, eleven of them in the pharmaceutical industry. I am an intelligent, high energy,hard working, successful professional. I am willing to take a pay cut and also am willing to change industries. I willingly adapt to change, work well independently and in a team enviornment. Any suggestions.?Can CNN help me???
    Sue

August 10, 2009 at 3:03 pm |
  11. Lucy

whoa, angela holmes, I have to strongly disagree with you. Do not judge his daughter's actions until you have lived her life. I have been raped twice, and it has been EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to speak up, because of shame and constant self-blame. She went through this a child, I cannot even GUESS what she has been through. Also, if you ever decide to educate yourself on rape, it is NEVER another victim's fault, but actually our cultures. We devalue women's values and place so much emphasis on dominance that it perpetuates the crime.
    Lucy