Today on CNN Newsroom

August 7th, 2009

Has the economy turned you into a weekend yard sale shopper?

The World’s Longest Yard Sale takes place this weekend and is in its 22nd year. The sale starts in Unity, Ohio, runs through Kentucky and Tennessee and south to Gadsden, Alabama. Every item under the sun is available for sale along a 654-mile stretch of the highway 127 corridor.

It’s considered a Tour de France for “junktiquers” and it’s not for the faint of heart. Buyers and sellers alike are serious about their yard sale! But is a yard sale something you have turned to as a way to save during tough economic times? What have you bought? What have you sold?tough economic times? What have you bought? What have you sold?

Filed under: Anchors • Heidi Collins
  1. Kelly

As a way to save money, we bought a large portion of toys, playards, baby furniture, etc. at yard sales as the items are a fraction of the cost in the store and generally easy to find.

August 7, 2009 at 9:21 am |
  2. Leslie

I have been looking for ridiculously low prices on big-ticket items that I can sell next year when the economy improves.

Get on Twitter with TJ so I can follow you!

August 7, 2009 at 9:22 am |
  3. Henry 1011

No, the bad economy is a storm that will go away. Buying junks will not solve any problem.

August 7, 2009 at 9:22 am |
  4. Karen in Aurora, CO

I have always been a weekend yard sale shopper – the ability to re-use something and save money is great. I go even more now. I also use Craigslist, and shop at Goodwill and other thrift stores. I take my unusable items to Goodwill, held a yard sale 2 weeks ago (have only done this 3 times ever), and pass along items, especially outgrown baby clothes, to friends. I encourage others to do the same.

August 7, 2009 at 9:23 am |
  5. Reid S.

Got a great deal on rental property and so far have gotten a washer and fridge from a yard sale for $200 and found a dryer that was being thrown away from the front of someones house.....up early on Saturdays!!!

August 7, 2009 at 9:23 am |
  6. demenacer

Yes, I am now a weekend yard sale shopper. You don't want to put your kids in other people clothes if you can afford not to. But, for my 4 and 6 year old, we have bought them a closet full of nice clothes for probably less than $50. This should last us the school year. We are now more casually looking for next years clothes as well.

Also, I bought a few small appliances that I wanted to try but didn't want to shell out the $40 for new. ie.. George Foreman grill for $5.

August 7, 2009 at 9:24 am |
  7. Linda

No, if anything the economy has made me look at what I have in my home, purge, and use the space more efficiently. I must say though that the easiest things to purge are those things I bought at garage/yard sales in my younger days since the investment was low.

August 7, 2009 at 9:25 am |
  8. Brandon Wilson

Heidi,
    I absolutely love yard sale shopping. Regardless of the state of the economy, I would still do it because of the sheer savings that are available.

I have purchased lamps, wall mirrors, an outdoor grill and other things for mere pennies on the dollar.

All in all, I have purchased about $600 worth of needed items and spent only $65 in the past two months.

Yard sales are great.

BW
    Birmingham, Alabama

August 7, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  9. Sara

You just had someone on your show saying the people who are laid-off probably won't get jobs for three quarters. My spouse and I are one of many couples in America who are facing this insanity. We worked hard for years just to have it all taken away by corrupt people on wall street. And now here we sit hungry as hell trying to watch the news and you people are laughing and smiling about buying unnecessary junk? I wish I had the money to waste and throw away like you. Instead I am wondering how me and my partner are going to make ends meet. I'm trying not to cry every day. I am trying not to lose hope.
    Why don't you think of that before you ask stupid questions.

August 7, 2009 at 9:37 am |
  10. Marquis

I think it has for many people. I think you might find some good deals on some things, but you have to remember its mostyly people getting rid of junk trying to make a few dollars so its not alot of useful stuff, unless you are a pack rat.

August 7, 2009 at 9:42 am |
  11. Dan Oliverius

Heidi,

At the outset of the credit crash and the theft on Wall Street, I lost my job one month after my "disabled" wife divorced me and completely wiped out every dime of our retirement in the settlement, money I have been putting away for 30 years (were were married 18 years).

I nearly lost the house, and I am currently living in my own basement (rented out the whole upstairs in order to make the mortgage), where I am attempting to start my own consulting business at age 52. I am embarking in this business out of necessity to create a living for myself.

I was and am currently cash strapped. Prior to the divorce, my ex-wife was featured on the local news as a "compulsive" shopper (her face was blurred out). She owned over 90 pairs of shoes and over 400 pairs of blue jeans. In addition, she bought lots and lots and lots of other people's junk and had completely filled the basement of the house (prior to me cleaning it out) and the garage to the rafters with other people's junk.

I held a yard sale this last fall to make room for a tennant to rent out my house, but I was pleasantly surprised at taking in $ 2,500 to help pay for my health insurance (Cobra) for 5 months.

You can get some great buys at yard sales, but it is also a huge sickness for people who buy things that they either don't need or cannot use because the items are broken. Compulsive shoppers cannot stop buying things, especially when they see some real deals on things they didn't even know they needed in the first place.

Best Regards,
    Dan

August 7, 2009 at 9:47 am |
  12. Faceless in a crowd

The truth of the matter is that 85% of Americans that have a

spendable income are holding back. Its a form of shell shock from

our last Admininstration. A great deal of trust in the value of our lives

have been taken away, Greedy people that we intrusted with

our money have created this current condition.

Nobody wins when everyones loosing.

As far as this garage sale mentality that is sweeping the nation.

People are looking for bargins and look they will. We are a nation of

excesses, with more than what we can use.

The individules that are selling there so called worldly possesions

are also looking to liquidate there assits. A win – win situation for

everyone. "One mans trash is anothers mans treasure". This doesn't

help the economy much at all.

Once this shell shock syndrome fades and the flow of our economy

reverts to an upswing state. Situations that we were use to, will return

to normal . The scars from this run on " a lack of accountability "

from the past 8 yrs. are deep and wide.

Hence, A HEALING PERIOD ..........

As Americans some of us, needs to be more of us, are shifting our

attentions to, why are we here ? We are finding the answer right

under our own noses. The search for values......................

FAMILY, FAMILY,FAMILY & COMMUNITY, COMMUNITY, COMMUNITY.

THE ANSWERS ARE THERE just OPEN YOUR EYES..............

August 7, 2009 at 9:50 am |
  13. heisenberg

HIlda Solis is wrong.
    Try re-train a 50 y/o to switch from building cars to emerging technologies for green energy which are just a bunch of baloney
    similar to cold fusion?
    Wind energy, solar energy and lithium batteries are not going to
    substitute the energy provided by burning coal
    The only real option-Nuclear Energy-is not even being considered

August 7, 2009 at 9:54 am |
  14. daniel

heidi. I watch you every morning! This morning i noticed you had a conversation with the employment sec. I just shook my head as she spoke. I have been on unemployment since jan. I go to the employment office all the time ,and they only have mabe 4 or 5 jobs posted ,all requireing a college degree. So i decided I'd go back to school for a job in the medical field . The government did not pay for any of the training. What she said was so false. I dont know what to do. I cant find a job, I have no insurance and I cant get any help with going back to school. I draw $188 a week and not for much longer. I dont know what will become of me. Im scared Im going to be homeless living on the street

August 7, 2009 at 10:02 am |
  15. Peggy

My husband and I love to go to yard sales every Saturday. We map out the yard sales the night before. Get up at 6:00 a.m. ready to go shop at 6:30 a.m. shop til we drop! Stop somewhere for a potty break. Fast breakfast, doughnut and milk at a Quick trip.

I look for toys for my grandchildren. If I"m lucky I might find something for me. Clothes or household.My husband looks for lamps, and size any color.
    One mans trash is another mans treasure.

August 7, 2009 at 10:08 am |
  16. Jean Brown

Heidi...The economy has been tough in our household for 3 yrs. now and we've become yard sale givers! Everytime we're facing a cash crunch we peruse our overcrowded house and garage, determine if someone will actually pay for anything we have and shove it out the door! win, win!

August 7, 2009 at 10:23 am |
  17. tom

How come I have been watching your show for 45 min and not one mention of the town hall dust ups over health care. But your going to talk about 654 mi. Flea markets? Good bye CNN

August 7, 2009 at 10:24 am |
  18. David

Good morning Heidi,

I've bought dishes and bowls at yard sale, furniture.

I guess I'm in the market for some possible furnishings, kitchen ware,

Around here we have sold a scooter and I think a couch.

Does anyone go the full length of this 654 mile yard sale?

August 7, 2009 at 10:27 am |
  19. Tara

I bought a lithograph 10 years ago at a yard sale for $5.00. We just had it authenticated as a Salvador Dali and it's worth about $5,000!

August 7, 2009 at 10:35 am |
  20. michael armstrong sr.

No the economy has turned me into a dumster diver looking for treasure being trown away in peoples front yards after the yard sales.

August 7, 2009 at 10:37 am |
  21. Mary

Hello Heidi and waving to you from florida

Yard sales, garage sales, auctions, have been my life time hobbies. I learned this savings along time ago other peoples trash is someones dream come true in decorating, or selling the item back to someone else. wish we would have here in florida from west to east coast a strieght line across, plus have 2 forks spreading north and south on east and west coast. hope they will consider this.

August 7, 2009 at 10:42 am |
  22. lewis

You asked for comments about the 127 garage sale:
    –if you're a local, you look for alternate routes to town... avoiding the pedestrians and traffic can be a nightmare.
    –if you go to the sale ..... you go at the last minute

....Garage Sales are literally a Way of Life in TN.... look for a bargain 2 or 3 times a week –or more...many go out every -single- day...hitting the thrift stores in between garage sales.............buy something...put it on Ebay....
    –Attend Auctions ...many attend every week......get a bargain...put in on Ebay.
    .....hold your own never ending garage sale with what you find...
    –after awhile....you see the same things sale to sale, store to store.........
    ....Think of this as perpetual recycling and self employment.....it's all about the hunt....and the gathering.

August 7, 2009 at 10:56 am |
  23. Lynn

Why would I need someone else's junk?

August 7, 2009 at 10:56 am |
  24. Marla FL

The last thing this household needs is MORE JUNK, let alone someone else's junk. My spouse would love nothing more than to fill our home floor to ceiling with junk (is a hoarder) but I absolutely forbid anything from a yard sale to come one foot near my home! When I find contraband junk that was secreted into the house, I throw it away!

August 7, 2009 at 10:59 am |
  25. sandy in huntsville al

i love yard sales it is always a lot of fun, you met some of the nicest people,see some strange things and its great fun

August 7, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  26. Andrew

My mother, stepfather, and I will be at the yard sell on Saturday, howver we can not afford to shop really, we will be selling Hotdogs at out Hot Diggity Hotdog stand. We live in Knoxville and NEED money badly, just like everyone one, my mother is a constant "paying for health insurance in MOST important" kind of person. Eventhough I NEVER thought that way because if you pay $160 a month for ten years thats nearly $20000 dollars(could be used for college) and if you loose and by not paying one month after ten years of paying you will NOT be covered. Why? Well as the ones who created the concept of being paid in order to care for the well being of others. I sure hope that we make enough money to pay rich multimillion dollar makers even more money to keep us in debt, while my mother is more worried about health insurance than the thought of helping herself relax with a well deserved massage that I can NOT afford for her myself. She is too stressed with not being able to pay for things.

August 7, 2009 at 11:06 am |
  27. David Walters

Heidi – just a correction about your 'world's longest yard sale' story. That yard sale, at 654 miles, is not the longest. That title goes to the annual "Historic National Road (US 40) Yard Sale Days", which runs from Baltimore, MD to St, Louis – 824 miles. It is held starting the Wed after Memorial Day and last 5 days. I'm well acquainted with that wonderful event because it started in Dublin, IN, which is 9 miles from my home-town of Connersville. I make it a point to return yearly for the event, traveling from Hagerstown, MD to Richmond, IN on old US 40 because it goes through hundreds of wonderful small towns and cities which are completely missed in interstates. CNN has covered this in the past, so I was surprised at the comments this morning. The press release for this year's sale is found at http://www.oldstorefrontantiques.com/press release. Still, I thoroughly enjoy your morning program. Thanks, Heidi.

David Walters
    Arlington, VA

August 7, 2009 at 11:24 am |
  28. Becker Ca

How is it the sen/congress dont pay for their own health care ?
    And we have money for 2 wars noone cares about.. and no healthcare for everyone? If the usa is so broke ,we did we offer Africa millions in aid? Why do we need the Pentagon anyway?Everything they do can be done on any military base..and if we have the greatest military and best fighters....why cant we win a war after 8 yrs . I say bring them home .

August 7, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  29. Becker Ca

Why is it not mentioned that if we get a public option the sen/congress will lose millions in donations . Why are we.. the public at the mercy of theses sen/congress....we need to get rid of everyone .Vote everyone out and all new members wont have the 30yr ties these old coots have . This gov we now have serves the sen/congress better then the people ....Outlaw the lobbiest

August 7, 2009 at 12:20 pm |
  30. mouse

my name is mouse ( for real ) and my dogs name
    is frankie and we are currently living in
    fort worth tx when it comes to yard sales
    i think its a great idea( you never know what
    you are going to find) but wear i live there
    is a number of apartment complexes so every
    day about 2 to 3 times a day me and frankie
    search the neighborhood during our walks
    so that he can do his business and you wouldn't
    believe what ive found 75 to 80 percent of what
    i have found is great stuff that people didn't want
    because of what i do the only thing ive had
    to buy for my place is food my wife love
    loves it when i come home ,she love
    looking through the bags of goodies
    that i bring home sometimes, sometimes
    she thinks its good stuff and some times its junk
    but we think that we have a great place

August 7, 2009 at 12:36 pm |
  31. Drew

No.. I've already been a yard/tag,/estate,/garage shopper, when I get a chance. My wife is even better getting the bargains.

August 7, 2009 at 12:47 pm |
  32. Margaret

The president needs to use simpler, more direct language (like the bumper sticker slogans used by Republicans, insurance company ads and their spokespeople) and not the wonkish language he falls into. The question on health care is not are you satisfied. It should be: Has your premium been raised? Have you or someone you know been denied care? Will your insurance disappear if you lose your job?

When cost is questioned does that include the profit make by HMOs and insurance companies around the country? For example, iUnited Health made 155% profit (21.7 BILLION) in the quarter ending June 30 this year. If even a portion of the amount people pay into private insurance were paid into a public option most people could have much more security in their covery with none of the arbitrary restrictions they now face. Calling a public option SOCIALISM is really an empty scare tactic. If Medicare is socialism, I'm all for it.

August 7, 2009 at 1:12 pm |
  33. J

Retail seemed to be hardest hit during this recent economic downturn. I mostly stayed clear of major purchases like new cars and new homes. Instead I opted to invest money into repairing and servicing my 13 year old Nissan Maxima at a far less expensive garage then the dealership. Our car seems to be driving just as well as the newer ones at a fraction of the cost. I also invested in a nice work wardrobe from a retail department store during a few seasonal sales. I have also taken advantge of my CostCo membership buying food, new Michelin tires, and a new air conditioner, washer and dryer set. I've donated some of my older clothes to charity, sold a second sofa I was hardly using, and sold my old washer and dryer set to a neighbor for a few hundred dollars.

August 7, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  34. Kay

I just want to know when is CNN, MSNBC, Democrat Progressives/ Liberals, and our so called failed administration is going to finally wake up and see that the angry crowds, tea parties, and protesters are not as they claim the uneducated, or Rep. party, company and activists paid groups, etc.; but average Americans of all classes, races, educational backgrounds and professions, sexes, etc. They ( US Government) still doesn't get it that we were already upset with the past administration and congress and hoping for a real change to help the average person without destroy our country and Constitution. However, we got a disaster and now the average person (like me) feels that we have no other choice; but to take our voice and fight out into the streets, march, and fight like our forefathers did. Why can the bias news media, Democrats, etc. finally realize that most of the up-rising is average Americans. They are their own doom for ignoring this.

August 7, 2009 at 11:46 pm |
  35. John in NC

We need to hear the voices of the almost 50 million people who do not have health insurance, not just the entrenched special interests who are using these town meetings and air waves to protect their own profits.

August 10, 2009 at 9:35 am |
  36. Gisele Jacobson

what I find very disturbing that the propaganda being generated by various interest groups is influencing people who don't know the actual facts of the health bill.. People are forming opinions based on false information, in many cases, basing their opinions on the fear generated by false advertising. and speaking out against a plan that would benefit them.

August 10, 2009 at 9:37 am |
  37. Jimmy Dyer

Why don't peole just read the health care bill for themselves rather than listening to any rumors and lies? The full text is posted at:

It's a complete nightmare. It's worse than the rumors.

August 10, 2009 at 9:44 am |
  38. Sandra Duda

The Health Care Reform is a big joke. No one reads it, and then they vote on it. Let the Senate & Congress use the Health Care for a couple of years, then report to Us, their Boss.

August 10, 2009 at 10:07 am |
  39. Kurt King

United States has the right for its citizens to bear arms written into the constitution – while a citizen that's sick and in need of health care many times is being denied health coverage.

Basically it comes down to:

Bearing arms is a constitutional right
    Health care coverage is a privilege, exclusive to the individuals that are healthy and/or can afford it

Shouldn't it be the other way around, with health care being a constitutional right and bearing arms a privilege?????

Isn't it time that we get real and fix the problem??

It's time for the US to get civilized!!

August 10, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  40. Carol Salter

My husband and I are 61 and live in North Carolina. He is self employed...only one person in company. Neither of us have had cancer. I have asthma and type II diabetes, he had one stint in 1996. We would have to pay $2,500 a MONTH with a $5,000 deductible for insurance. SOMETHING is wrong with a system that allows insurance companies to make huge profits and no crossing state lines for competitive insurance possibilities.

Our system is broken. It's criminal I wish CNN would interview one person a day who has income, but cannot afford insurance. Let people who THINK they will always be covered see what happens when the insurance half of the couple loses a job.

Thank you for your blog on the subject.

August 10, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  41. Marilyn Jenkins

Health Care Reform is inevitable, the current system is unsustainable..it's time to get the massive profits out of the game and for all of us to realize that a baseline of equal health coverage for every is long overdue.

August 10, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  42. Karen

I have three points I would like to express:
    1. I do not want our government involved in anyway with my health care.
    When our government can prove to me that they can manage our mail and teach our children more efficiently than private industry then I will consider letting my government manage my health.

2. The media and our government should look closely at those who are protesting our government involvement in health care. The generation that is protesting is the same generation that protested in the 60's against the Vietnam War. They are just a passionate today. Grass roots today but give them time - they have experience in organizing a grass roots movement.

3. I do not defend Sarah Palin's comment. But, I think maybe she was concerned (as I am) that here son and grandparents under Obama Health Care Plan would not be considered worthy of health care treatment. Obama and his radicals have actually made some comments to this affect when talking about how cost can be reduced.

Karne

August 10, 2009 at 10:15 am |
  43. Denise

It is so interesting that we consider Americans as giving and concerned about those less fortunate when there is a catastrophic event. Day to day living is not our concern.
    Health care reform is necessary in order for our economy to survive.
    There must be change. We need change now or it will forced on us later and I'd rather work on it now.

August 10, 2009 at 10:20 am |
  44. John

The debate on health seems to have a racial tinge to it. It seems that the most viceral reactions are coming from whites. Is it possible that they are rebelling because they think Obama is rewarding the underserved for supportnig him?

August 10, 2009 at 10:43 am |
  45. Louis Wesler

I have good insurance with my employer, the maximum co-pay is $75, per prescription. I work 40 hours a week and IF I could afford the co-payments, my monthly co-pay would be $235 a month! This is almost a weeks pay, so I do without so I can cover food, gasoline, utility price increases. If I lose my job, I have no health or any other insurance except for Auto & Home.

August 10, 2009 at 10:45 am |
  46. Rhonda

One of the provisions of the so called "Health Care" bill gives the federal government the authority of access to all of your personal bank accounts. So it would follow that st some point in the process, the government would have greater authority to remove money from bank accounts in the name of "Health Care.". This is outragious and also illustrates why Americans are furious! CNN must REPORT THE BILLS' PROVISIONS if you really are going to report fairand unbiased information to citizens.

August 10, 2009 at 12:05 pm |
  47. David L Ray

Health care??? Not so, just another control over the freedoms of americans. I have been very active in past years with the Democratic party, but what has been taking place destroys everything I have worked for and gave both money and time. The Republican party is no better with allowing so much destruction toward the US citizens. Remember It's "We the people" not "We the congress."

August 10, 2009 at 12:32 pm |
  48. Stephanie Brown-Montford

It is still better to give than recieve ... I usually have a yard sale every spring or summer after major spring cleaning. I usually get collectors and yard sale h=junkies in general. This year I found more people were looking for large household peices like furniture and electronics. I donated what was not sold to my local charity org. I seems lot of people are in need this year due to the economy.

August 10, 2009 at 6:02 pm |
  49. Chloe

I believe that health care reform is necessary and I support a public option. It is funny to see how some people say we have the "Best" health care system in the world when millions of Americans can't afford health insurance. One woman in the news clip said "people all over the world come here for health care." Come on, that just tells us that we have the best facilities not best health insurance system!

My husband is a Marine and we have a good health insurance provider (Tricare and Tricare dental). But when there is something wrong with my teeth, I go back to Taiwan, where I also hold citizenship, to get treatment because it's still too expensive here.

Open your mind. Don't just compare the US system with the Canadian one. Private health insurance companies can still strive with a public option like in Taiwan. All Americans deserve to have health insurance.

August 11, 2009 at 9:33 am |
  50. COURTNEY HAYNES

I would love to be a yard sale hunter – I used to do so regularly. However, my health and mobility has deteriorated to the point I can't even do that. Also can't work. I have been without health insurance for years, and already have too many unpaid medical bills to go just pile up more. I have been told I need one or maybe both hip joints replaced, and have other serious medical problems. I am trying to find a source of meaningful financial help, but it is not working so far. I am almost 63, so must wait 2 years for Medicare. Meanwhile I am my mother's caregiver – she's 89. She now has to pay for a lot of services I used to do, housework, yardwork and shopping. Thank goodness, she is more mobile than me and her mind works pretty well.

August 11, 2009 at 11:45 am |
  51. James Rudolph

My proposal is to have a modified National Health Insurance Plan paid by a three percent flat national sales tax and a junk food tax. The junk food tax would be on soft drinks, fast food, potato chips, candy, and etc. It would go from five cents to a quarter depending on size. We are all paying for the uninsured/underinsured through the products we purchase. Second, require a surcharge on guns and ammunition to pay for gun shot victims.
    Third, have all motor vehicle policies sold in the United States include a minimum of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars of coverage ( medical and work loss benefits) for injured people involved auto accidents. The above action will create some complaints. It is time people take personal responsibility for the activities they want to do!
    Fourth, we would use prisoners to recycle trash. Those who are behind in child support payments would be required to do community service by working at local supermarkets collecting recycled items brought in by customers. They would put the items in bins located on the parking lots. Our current recycling system is not user & green friendly.
    The federal government would collect the money and give each citizen / family a voucher to purchase health insurance. If the citizen / family are unable to purchase health insurance on the open market, they would be eligible to purchase Medicare Coverage.
    In my opinion, the above plan would reduce the cost of health insurance by ten percent by reducing the cost shifting and creating competition in the health care industry.
    Everybody has to pay for the cost of health insurance as we all will benefit!

August 12, 2009 at 9:47 am |
  52. Anthony

Hi Heidi,
    Why don't you fact check the commercials that CNN and other networks run about the Health Care legislation? Just keep everybody honest.
    Anthony

August 12, 2009 at 10:51 am |
  53. rich sottilaro

what it turned me into is one pissed off middle class American!! Deregulation is the underlying reason we are all suffering!! Politicians and big business screwing the middle class. We are the only ones with money. The rich won't pay it and the poor can't so where does it come from!! People like me! They are trying to make the middle class extinct but at least with president Obama I might have a chance to rebound back
    Our way of life has been destroyed by big business and corrupt government!! No secret there!! Everyone with brains knows it. You vote for somebody and after election they go against all their voters because of big business. Don't tell me about free enterprise and trickle down economics because that brought us to where we are today. Like banks and health care companies they are killing us all!!
    wake up!!!

rich

August 14, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  54. alice pavlik

please move on and leave these people behind that do not think only follow those who will pay them to disrupt the meeting. C Street Family Assoc in DC pay per day $50.to $90 dollars plus bus them to the meetings. This was stated by the leader at a meeting, and this Assoc is the one who said at the interview on MSNBC, that Obama was Hitler. Did you know this Assoc pays a few senators extra funds by giving them money to visit countries, the stated amount by the same leader was $150,000, and if the senator did not spend that much it was still his/hers. This same Assoc is associated with the health insurance and drug companies, that is why the Assoc can hand out so much money,saying it is for humanitarin studies. this is so important to our country, please get it done and passed. I am 74 years.

August 15, 2009 at 12:50 am |