Today on CNN Newsroom

August 19th, 2009

"Nothing Stops a Bullet Like a Job..." *

*That's the motto of Homeboy Industries - an L.A. non-profit that gives gangbangers an alternative to street life, and helps them get OUT. The group provides everything from education, to job training and placement, to mental health counseling... even tattoo removal.

Homeboy does a lot of good, for individuals and for the community. But as it says on their website, "Homeboy needs help."

Kyra talked to Father Greg Boyle, the group's founder, and David Oropeza, an ex-gang member.

(For more information about Homeboy Industries, or to make a donation, click here.)

1. Shafiq Abdussabur

"We are our Brother's Keeper." There is plenty of excess waste money around and it should make it's way to helping this cause. I heard about this program about 3-4 years ago on NPR. It's awesome!

August 19, 2009 at 10:51 am |
  2. Adel

Yes. Democrats should pass Health Care Reform without the Republican vote! When Republicans were in the majority they stopped all health care reform. Now, Republicans are being allowed to stonewall the process. Those opposed will, in my opinion, be the first in line to benefit from any health care reform. Why not go ahead with opposition votes?

August 19, 2009 at 11:10 am |
  3. Brenda

I ABSOLUTELY believe the Democrats should move forward with the Health Care Reform without the Republicans. It is obvious that no matter what concessions they receive the Republicans will be the party of NO. I believe the President needs to step forward, state what he wants in the Bill (including single payer option) and not give any concessions! He should get the Bill the voters put him in office to deliver - not placate the Republicans.

August 19, 2009 at 11:10 am |
  4. Ron

Let's stop this foolishness. It is clear that the republicans don't want to agree on anything. They don't care about the american people, only themselves. Forget about them, we voted for Obama, and we want healthcare with the public option.

August 19, 2009 at 11:12 am |
  5. Sandra

It does not matter what WE THE PEOPLE want, the Democrats and their Socialist views are going to FORCE HEALTH CARE REFORM through, even if they have to go behind CLOSED DOORS with the setting President, B. Hussein Obama.

I like my Health Care, and I do not want it changed.

What needs to happen is this setting President and the Democrats need to concentrate on getting jobs for the USA "LEGAL" Citizens and balancing the Budget, and putting back the Stimulus into the PEOPLE of the USA, nothing else should be voted in until the Economy is fixed!

August 19, 2009 at 11:13 am |
  6. Trish Stelten

For those people who feel safe because you have health insurance think again. Think about my Granddaughter Amber who is 23 years old and found out in Jan. she has brain cancer. She trusts her doctors and has health insurance. However the faceless people at the insurance company that have never seen her medicals records are refusing to pay for treatments and medications they deem are not necessary. Imagine she is someone you love and you don't have the money to pay for treatments that may save her life. The insurance companies are rationing care. By refusing to pay for treatments, they are in some cases making the calls that could determine if someone lives or dies. This can happen to everyone facing a serious illness!

August 19, 2009 at 11:14 am |
  7. Carole Moye

go on with the national health care option – we need it badly. Get the filthy rich insurance companies out of the mix and work for the people that elected you – do we have to regret voting for you obama? Keep your promises – the republications are working overtime to discredit everything you do and say! You know it! Come on – where are you Obama? Leave our medicare alone – especially the Medicare advantage Programs – they are great for seniors! I've had Medicare Complete 2 since it started – before AARP endorsed it – and it's great!

August 19, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  8. monica goodrich

How do you negotiate facts with people that do nothing but propigate LIES! They don't want to negotiate. They just want to kill healthcare reform. These people don't want to be told what to do, but they will be told what to think!

August 19, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  9. Darren Watson

The healthcare issue has exposed a big problem with our country, no one trust our goverment to manage anything. If you want to know what goverment healthcare program would be like, just ask someone that has had to deal with the V.A and thier form of so called healthcare.

August 19, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  10. monica goodrich

Is it true that the bill contains language that does not allow negotiations with drug companies for lower prices? Does it also restricts drugs coming from Canada?

August 19, 2009 at 11:20 am |
  11. Alice Acosta

Barney Frank needs to answer questions that are asked of him at these town hall meetings, that he is attending. Instead, he says something moronic. You know why he asked a question with a question and then degraded the woman asking the question? It's because he doesn't have a good answer and may not understand her question. I believe most of the people that are for this health care project aren't doing it for the good of the country because if they were doing what the United States citizens wanted they would dump it.

August 19, 2009 at 11:22 am |
  12. William

While I support the Democratic health care reform bill, I don't think they should go it alone. That kind of partisanship undermines the idea of a democratic form of government and dilutes the fervor with which an issue is approached and debated. It shows a lack of respect for the ideas of others and will ultimately weaken the bill itself through a close-minded mentality.

August 19, 2009 at 11:24 am |
  13. Jocelyne

Republicans have no intention of voting for any healthcare reform bil l anyway. I give the President credit for trying but this ship has sail. I think everyone in congress or senator republican or democrats should give up his or her own healthcare if they think we can take all the time in the world to do something so crucial.

August 19, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  14. JudyM

Who are the people being polled for all these big poll numbers on all the networks? I'm a Democrat from Oregon and my husband and I, or anybody we know has ever been polled on anything including healthcare. I have no healthcare, I have four immediate family members without healthcare due to not being able to afford it. We ALL want the public option. We need it now. My husband has been diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia. He can go to the VA, but he'll need care. What happens to him if something happens to me? We've worked hard all our lives. How did we get here? They need to do the right thing. NOW.

August 19, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  15. Donna White

Since this country is made up of democrats, rebublicans, and independents, it would not be wise to pass a bill that is affecting every american by one party only, and if they do it will have long reaching effects on that party.

August 19, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  16. JOE TATE

THE WAY SOME OF OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS ARE FIGHTING AGAINST HEALTHCARE REFORM MAKE ME FEEL THEY ARE GETTING KICKBACKS OR OWN A LOT OF STOCK IN THE INSURANCE AND DRUG COMPANIES.

August 19, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  17. Carolyn Danley

IT'S TIME FOR THIS DEBATE ABOUT HEALTH CARE/INSURANCE REFORM TO END! The people who want the truth will seek the truth, and the people who don't want the truth will never believe the truth.THIS BAD CARMA OF GOVERNERING WILL NEVER END,UNTIL BOTH SIDES HONESTLY WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY,instead of self or party affilliation. THE PRESIDENT HONESTLY TRIED FOR BI-PARTISAN,IT'S NOT WORKING. GAME OVER!

August 19, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  18. Linda Barnard

The GOP had 8 yrs running for their plan on Health Care Reform and they never had a plan, nor discussed anything. I haven't heard their plan yet. Just NO, NO, NO. If you don't do it now, it won't pass. If amendments are needed, do it as we go along. I also hope we get some kind of reform in private insurance companies so they can't refuse for pre-existing illness or cancel when you have major illness like cancer or lose your job.

August 19, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  19. bill

I would like to know if you (the media) is misleading the public. Is it not true that the GOP committee members have written a majority of the health reform bill ( many of their amendments were adopted)? and if so why, then this is not being reported? To hear that they (GOP), will not support the bill is wrong and deceiving the the American public.

August 19, 2009 at 11:33 am |
  20. BELVA Zocher-Burke

ABSOLUTLY, the democrats should forget the Republicans. It's unbelievable how stupid the Republicans are. " PULL THE PLUG ON GRANDMA" Also, to have 45% of the republicans believe America would kill our people explains why our country is in the mess it is. How unintelligent are these people? What constitutes libel or slander? Also to carry a loaded gun to any public gathering is insane. I' sick and tired of idiots comparing my president to Hitler.

Thanks for listening
    Belva

August 19, 2009 at 11:33 am |
  21. George

How did we elect so many Republicans that are aganist
    ever thing.

August 19, 2009 at 11:40 am |
  22. Tim

You know what gets me about the health care debate is that when the news media comes on and says they are going to dispel the myths about reform, they do anything but that. I may have something to do with how much money they take from the heath industry in advertising revenue

August 19, 2009 at 11:40 am |
  23. WILLIAM

I would like to know who is spreading all the lies about the health care bill. What could be the objective when it could means so much to members of their own families and others. It doesn't make sense to me. Especially coming from members of congress. What do thay have to gain?

August 19, 2009 at 11:44 am |
  24. LouLou

I'm 62 years old and have an individual health insurance policy. At my last annual physical, I begged the doctor to please order the bare minimum in tests and blood work, because I'm afraid that if it appears that I need a lot of diagnostic testing, the insurance company will decline to renew me.

I'm blessed with good health now, but I live in fear of becoming ill and not being covered by health insurance. My premium, copays and deductibles are high, but I can't get anything better, so I'm held captive.

Health care reform is desperately needed now, and must be done by whatever means necessary. The President and the Democrats are right about this issue, and need to move forward on their own.

August 19, 2009 at 11:50 am |
  25. Libby Hall

Do the Democrats not realize they were voted into office at a 60% majority for a reason? The voters agreed that "change" was necessary, and health care reform was a large part of the campaign promises. President Obama needs to stop trying to be inclusive of those who are opposed to everything proposed by the party-in-power and step forward with the main points of his reform plans and get those talking points before the public. For Republicans to harp on the cost of health reform is ludicrous coming from those who, while in power, voted in a drug benefit and two wars with no funding whatsoever.

August 19, 2009 at 11:51 am |
  26. Donald

Health-care Reform with a robust public option was a central theme for President Obama when he was campaigning for the presidency. He and the Democrats got a majority mandate from the constituents. The Democrats needs to remember that fact and support the president whether Republicans are willing to support on not. It is ashame that people are going bankcrupt or losing their because they get ill while these insurance CEO's are taking home millions of dollars in compensation, something is wrong with that picture. I am sick of hearing some of the Republicans in the Congress and Senate saying private insurance companies will not be able to compete with the public option and make money. It is obvious that they care more about these companies than the people. Many of these elected personnel are being lobbied by this industry, so they have fight for their financial masters.

August 19, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  27. Donald

Health-care Reform with a robust public option was a central theme for President Obama when he was campaigning for the presidency. He and the Democrats got a majority mandate from the constituents. The Democrats needs to remember that fact and support the president whether Republicans are willing to support or not. It is ashame that people are going bankcrupt or losing their homes because they get ill while these insurance CEO's are taking home millions of dollars in compensation, something is wrong with that picture. I am sick of hearing some of the Republicans in the Congress and Senate saying private insurance companies will not be able to compete with the public option and make money. It is obvious that they care more about these companies than the people. Many of these elected personnel are being lobbied by this industry, so they have to fight for their financial masters.

August 19, 2009 at 11:58 am |
  28. Patricia Bainter

The VA is the only health care my husband has now. Without it
    he would probably would have already passed away. Two years
    ago we both had health insurance unitl he lost his job because of
    his diabetes. I'm a medical biller, and I can't afford the health insurance plans that are available. I know which ones are best, but
    their cost is out of my budget. My income is our sole support. Doing
    what I do, I see everyday how health insurance companies operate.
    Its reported that the CEO of United Health Care makes over $120,000.00 and hour. People worry that with a public option the
    health insurance compaines will go broke. What will actually happen
    is they will be forced to produce policies that people can afford, They need the competition to bring
    health insurance back into line. With the high salaries that CEO's
    make, I can understand why they are kicking up so much dust about
    reform. But it high time costs and care came back into balance.

August 19, 2009 at 12:00 pm |
  29. robert alcaraz

the reason for the public option is to standup to the big insurance companies they are the ones who made billions of dollars this last quater. the goverment is the only one who can standup to these corportions. Who is the goverment ? We are ! Obama is putting his reputation on the line so that everybody can have a better life where everybody can have health insuance and not lose every thing when a love one gets sick

August 19, 2009 at 12:06 pm |
  30. Donald

Americans please remember that when president Roosevelt was intrducing social security, many say Americans will end up wearing dog tags. The president was opposed then. Again not so long ago when president J. F.Kennedy was introducing Medicare and Medicaid many opposed him yet look today some of these same people are saying they don't want government hand on their medicare and medicaid (both government run programs). You will look back 20 years from now and give God thanks that the president take this bold step to reform Healthcare. With or without Republican support in both houses the Democrats need to support President Obama and get Healthcare reform done this year. It is necessary, it will stop many of the bankcruptcies and home losses due to illness.

August 19, 2009 at 12:06 pm |
  31. Scott

I will not support a government run health care option that controls treatment between me and my doctor and has access to my medical records. I will not have my tax dollars pay for abortions that would be covered through this plan. I am a Christian and my guess is most Christians will not support paying for abortions either.

If I am told that I have to pay taxes toward this health care option, I will defect to Canada before I will disobey God and my beliefs.

August 19, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  32. S, in Ohio

The Democrats can do what they want without the Republicans, but they'll pay for it come election time. Too many people, both Republican and Democrat do not want this health care bill to be passed. If the Democrats force it on America, then people will want to break their majorities at the ballot box.

August 19, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  33. margaret

We want a national healthcare bill like the one Obama originally proposed. This was the main concern of the whole campaign so we shouldn't forget it now. I wish the republicans weren't so mean hearted.

August 19, 2009 at 12:09 pm |
  34. Ruth

Yes, we should go ahead without Republican support on the Health Reform. Republicans have shown over and over that they do not wish to be friends or cooperate in any way, shape, or form. They just diss us Democrats off at any chance they get.

August 19, 2009 at 12:12 pm |
  35. jill

Democrats should pass HCR without the Republicans.

For everyone that has private insurance please check with the insurance company Annual or Lifetime Caps on Coverage . You will be surprised.

August 19, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  36. JOAN SMITH

WE ELECTED PRES. OBAMA AND A LOT OF OTHER DEMOCRATS ON THE STRENGTH OF THE PROMISE TO REFORM HEALTHCARE. WITHOUT A STRONG, MEDICARE-LIKE OPTION THERE CAN BE NO REAL FEFORM. WE WANT THE STRONG PUBLIC OPTION, AND THE REPUBLICAN SO CALLED BASE IS A SELFISH, CONNIVING BUNCH WHO ARE FRIGHTENED OF LOOSING EVEN ONE PERC OR PRIVILEGE. THEY HAVE BEEN CONSULTED AND CODDLED. THEY NEVER CONSULTED WITH DEMOCRATS ON THEIR RUINOUS IDEAS FOR THIS COUNTRY. WHY SHOULD THE DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY WORRY ABOUT THEIR PETTY FEARS? WE KNOW WHERE THIS NEEDS TO GO AND THEY DONT. SO, UPWARD AND ONWARD. JMS

August 19, 2009 at 12:17 pm |
  37. Debbie

Why isn't CNN.COM/NEWSROOM or anybody else concerned with the fact that struggling military families are deprived of medical insurance coverage through the government if the veteran is physically and mentally healthy upon discharge from active duty? Struggling veterans and their families should not continue to be over looked when their tour of duty ends. No matter what our station in life is, we should not continue to be over looked as civilians in health care reform.

Please Care

August 19, 2009 at 12:24 pm |
  38. azuh chuks okolie

It is very unfortunate that the Repulicans are acting completely unconcern about this Health care issue, but i want to use this opportunity to remind them of the oath of Office they took, to serve and protect America, and Americans.Till now, they are not doing enough regarding this Health care, because from their comments and the ways they are handling the issue, it seems that their goal here is to frustrate the Health care issue, so that the Bill will not be passed. To this end, i strongly advice the Americans to hold them responsibly if the Health care is not reform.

August 19, 2009 at 12:24 pm |
  39. Gerald T. Sluman

It is incredibly hard to watch the Republican party bash the health care reform plans. I guess If you have great coverage now the reform does not matter. It does however matter a great deal to those without coverage or are having a problem making the donut hole payments.
    We need reform and we need it now.

August 19, 2009 at 12:28 pm |
  40. d johnson

Their is no reform without a public option , if you want free market healthcare this is it.

August 19, 2009 at 12:28 pm |
  41. Reed J Lagasse

I think that the only people that don't want the Public Health Care Option are those who never paid for health care insurance. If they had to pay like we average American do, they sure as hell would not complain about reforming health care. I've said it time and time again to my State Senate and House members that health care should never be a for profit business. The cause of rising health care cost in this country is because of the Health Insurance Companies wanting to make their billions in profits. The people that oppose are either Town, State, or Federal employees. The Unions who complain are State and Federal Emplyee Unions. These employees get free health insurance, so thye have no knowledge of what Health Insurance cost us today. They have no right to oppose health care reform. The taxpayers are those who pay for their health care insurance.

August 19, 2009 at 12:38 pm |
  42. Bill in Sacramento

Three cheers for Barney Frank!!! People who don't trust the government are the lazy and uninformed. We are the government! If you check the voting records of your local legislative representatives you can make informed decisions as to wether they deserve your vote during the next elections. OH! It's WE The People, Not, Me the People.

August 19, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  43. susan tucker

so, do you think the president along with other government officials will be covered under this plan-give me a break. They need to take a hard look at Canada and France and all the prolblems they are having with their health care plan. Take a look at how many come here for treatment. Leave well enough alone

August 19, 2009 at 12:59 pm |
  44. Stephany Gormley

My husband and I are 2 of the faces in the 47+ million crowd of people who don't have health insurance. My husband is self-employed, I work for a small, nonprofit that provides social counseling to children. The nonprofit that employs me cannot afford (as much as they would like to) health insurance for me. My husband had purchased his own coverage, but the insurance company was taken over by a larger company that cancelled all the providers in our area.

One might ask why we don't purchase health insurance from another company. First of all, my husband was classified as a diabetic 4 years ago–his blood sugar level was ONLY 4 points above the normal limit (no insulin needed, only minor diet restrictions), other than that he's in excellent health. I am also in good health. The problem is two-fold. No health insurance company that serves our area will take him because of his "pre-existing condition" and if we look outside of our area, the coverage is poor, the premiums are unaffordable, and the deductibles are outrageous. The only coverage we found would cost $1500 per month (just for my husband), does not cover routine office visits, and has a 20% co-pay along with a $5000 deductible.

People need to realize that there are many employers and self-employed Americans who do not have health insurance or any prospects of being able to find something affordable on their own. I know from my work in the nonprofit community that many nonprofits cannot afford health insurance for their dedicated employees. There are also for-profit companies in our area who hire people under the category of "casual employment" which does not offer benefits of any kind and part-time workers who have no employer-provided health insurance.

Please think of all of us when you are weighing the need for healthcare reform and the public option. We are your neighbors, we pay taxes, we work hard, and we need help. Please let the government represent your compassion and understanding of the issues. Please don't let your decision be colored by an industry that makes billions of dollars in profits each year or by the of lies being forwarded by people who want to scare Americans and are more interested in promoting their own political agenda than making sure every American has equal access to healthcare.

We don't want to add to the burden on taxpayers by using our hospital's emergency room and we don't want to die because we couldn't afford early detection of disease or illness.

August 19, 2009 at 1:06 pm |
  45. michael armstrong sr.

Why dont home boy industries try out for some stimulus money.

August 19, 2009 at 2:50 pm |
  46. Margie

I am an avid watcher of CNN but lately I have to say I am so surprised to hear many of the anchor people call the President Mr. Obama as Kyra just did. I find it very disrespectful. I do not remember any other President being called MR. after an inauguration. It is not only CNN. but I just heard it again and thought I would write and see if we can show some respect for our President. He earned the right to be called President. I know I would like that. I sure wouldn't call Dr. Smith Mr. Smith.

August 19, 2009 at 2:59 pm |
  47. Victor From El Paso

Works for suicide too!

August 19, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  48. Maria Mayer

If we'll not have public option available, we'll have no leverage against private health insurance companies. There will be no reason for them to reduce costs of premium or do not dictate us their rules. Health insurance business should be compatible like any other. Why we should worry about them and patronize them by illuminating competition? If their products/coverages are as good as they claim to be, they will survive.

August 19, 2009 at 4:21 pm |
  49. Edith Reed

I'm surprised that there is no liking the rabble rousing of the hate speak going on at town hall meeting. It reminds me of the crowd s chanting at NAZI speaches by Hitler and his Crononies
    When I hear Russ Limbaugh stir the haters and those who can't see the evil he is preaching. I'm sure when who ever he is fronting for takes over. he will be the minster of propoganda.The new Joseph Gobbels.
    I hope there are still remember those days of evil.
    E Reed

August 19, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  50. vincent McKay

Krya:
    I watched you interview these so called, heads of VA hospitals, in regards to the atrocious conduct of not sterilizing colonoscopy tubes. You didn't back down, especially when said doctor tried to spin it. I was scheduled to have the exam a year ago, however, my inner guide told me no way. Glad I listened to it for once. There is another problem that has just cropped up, and that is the abuse of travel pay. As with anything good, there are those that want to rape the system, even if it is for a few bucks. Well these losers have made it extremely difficult for those of us that are honest. I have a weekly round trip of almost two hundred miles, to go to the VA for PTSD therapy, and much needed dental work. In July the VA changed the travel pay policy, especially for those of us driving long distances, that a check would be sent to our address of record. All well and good, however, a genius at the Los Angeles, Westwood VA hospital has taken it upon himself to delay these reimbursements. At three dollars a gallon, I am unable to keep up my therapy and dental work, as I can't afford it. I am a Vietnam era vet on a 100% disability. It isn't all that much, and doesn't go that far. So, maybe a call from one of you caring folks at CNN to; Chris Duncan (310) 478-3711 ext. 42482, and light a fire under him, would get the reimbursement engine running. He doesn't return calls. Guess vets just aren't important enough. Without receiving the money for the fuel and auto upkeep, I am forced to cancel my therapy. I am not looking forward to regressing. Scary times ahead.
    Sincerely
    Vince McKay

August 19, 2009 at 6:32 pm |
  51. Donaldo

GM is back good news 1,350 workers back to work the Gop was not vote for GM not forget program cash for clunkers people are enthusiasm gop vote no the small business wait the program health care GOP don't want vote for program for the students GOP vote no clean energy again gop vote no but the GOP to wait 2010 and 2012 your vote for a another program of war and back U.S Troops in Iraq down U.S again debt and deficit and also to inflate their money in the others country

August 19, 2009 at 7:56 pm |
  52. Maureen Mower

Off Topic but important:

Did you see the segment on CNN this morning (approx. 7:35am) with Tony Perkins and another religious leader discussing healthcare reform? Perkins made abortion the primary issue.

What bugged me was two things:

First, it was three men (including the anchor) discussing something that is absolutely a women's health issue. No female perspective on the panel, and no consideration at all for the woman's health, let alone the many other reasons a woman might consider an abortion. We women need to make it clear, once and for all, that the decision re abortion is NOT to be made by any man. Whether you are personally for or against abortion rights, one cannot deny that this is purely a women's issue, and therefore, any decisions should be made solely by women – not by men who still haven't gotten over the fact that they no longer control us.

Second, none of them – including the anchor – mentioned the option that has been discussed lately, where each person could choose whether or not to join a plan that provides coverage for abortions – thereby giving each person the option to support abortion rights or not via the choice we make for our own coverage (and where our premiums go).

Please review that segment and consider a rebuttal from the woman's perspective.

August 20, 2009 at 7:48 am |
  53. Maureen Mower

Scott August 19th, 2009 12:08 pm ET

*****************************************************************************

Apparently you have forgotten that Jesus healed the sick for free. He didn't ask for their health insurance card, nor did he charge them a fee or bankrupt their families.

I wonder if you will stand by that statement you made about moving to Canada once healthcare passes. Easy to say that online when no one can hold you to it.

By the way – have you forgotten that Canada HAS universal healthcare, and that they very likely DO cover at least some abortions (when the mother's life is at risk, for instance)?

August 20, 2009 at 9:11 am |
  54. Maureen Mower

PS to Scott:

But hey, if you really want to "defect" to Canada... bye. It's not like we're gonna miss you or anything.

August 20, 2009 at 9:13 am |
  55. Allen Klinefelter

I am sorry, but none of the passengers on the plane got a pass. This man should have been taken up to 30K and let out!

August 20, 2009 at 1:45 pm |
  56. Allen Klinefelter

Health Care Reform is something every living citizen of America should be for, but it seem as if the republicans are for big insurnace as well as Blue Dog Democrats.
    We fight, argue, research, poll, talk some more and still nothing gets done. Its how Washington works unless they need a pay raise. I just can't understand anyone who would think Death Squads are in the bill. I just want to ask one question, would you rather discuss with you doctor how you would like things to go should you not be able to make decisions yourself, or some Judge if you have no relative to make those decisions. Does anyone think a public option insurnace plan is going to be free? I don't think so, it will provide an afforadable insurance plan for a fair dollar.
    If we do not pass health care with a public option we might as well have our pay check direct deposited to the insurance company. Hope you people who do not allow a proper debate on the subject by yelling at a public meeting are the first ones to loose your health care.

August 20, 2009 at 1:55 pm |
  57. Herb Fastrich

The ball is in Obama's court. It's up to him to get the party behind him on this one. It's time he became the leader

August 20, 2009 at 5:00 pm |
  58. Napoléon

we need of doctor for Haïti this is a little country in the Carabean than hurricane ( can) to strike to north of this country

August 20, 2009 at 5:53 pm |
  59. Roberto Cappote

Napoleon;
    You may see all these people's chats. Most of them just care about themselves but I tell you (In the name of Jesus) that you have found grace in the eyes of God (the Creator of heaven and earth) and today, more than a Doctor is sent to you and your country too. Thousands of angles of God are arround you.
    While all these people is complaining about their nation not giving up on letting their governor to start the demolition of the best Health Care System in the world, you and I know that our families in our countries would wish to get (at least) the leftover piece of their medical care.
    And to the guys out there: I am from a Third World country, but I can see that if you give up to the decietful and well used words of your governor Hussein, you will pay high consequences, because your nation is way in debt, they promotes of Health Care Reform don't even know how much this is going to cost?, Madicaid, started the same way and it's a good system but broke, you still have to pay this kind of option, and workers have to pay taxes on the insurances that their employers pay for, something ridiculous. I think Americans have to go back to reading instead of looking only the surface of problems, so they can get involved and help the goverment to do what is best for everyone, and not just to give up on lazy proposes, but to informed and educated proposals.

August 29, 2009 at 3:18 pm |
  60. heisenberg

Estrogens gravitates around service jobs like: medicine and teaching
    Testosterone dominated jobs are the really creative one: engineers, scientist, there is nothing to discuss about.
    Maureen Honey is dilutional thinking that women can be nuclear physicists, mathematicians and engineers.
    They fail miserably in IQ test compared to men

September 3, 2009 at 2:22 pm |