Today on CNN Newsroom

September 2nd, 2009

Swine Flu Web Sites

As fears increase about the H1N1 virus also known as swine flu, the Internet is playing an important role. Here are some key Web sites to follow:

Filed under: Josh Levs • Kyra Phillips
  1. Karina

Many physicians and health websites have been encouraging people to increase their Vitamin D intake in order to boost their immune systems and protect themselves from H1N1.
    The reason that "Flu Season" is in the winter months is because there is usually less sunlight during the winter and therefor people tend to become Vitamin D deficient (Vitamin D is a hormone that naturally occurs in the body after exposure to the sun and/or ingestion of certain foods).
    The following websites discuss the link to Vitamin D protecting against swine Flu.

September 2, 2009 at 2:46 pm |
  2. Dodie ~ California

I am really upset!!!

((( NO PUBLIC OPTION ON HEALTH CARE = NO HEALTH CARE REFORM))

September 2, 2009 at 11:27 pm |
  3. Shirley

Josh,
    Earlier this afternoon you displayed a map which indicated where outbreaks of Swine Flu had occurred. Thank you for sharing this information. Just a brief note: it appeared to me that the Upper Peninsula of the State of Michigan was missing from the map. We are often overlooked by cartographers. We hope that means that no "Yoopers" (as we are affectionately called) have contracted the Swine Flu to-date. In any event, if you ever travel to the U.P., I'm sure you would not forget us.

Sincerely, Shirley

September 3, 2009 at 2:08 pm |
  4. Ann

Protect yourself from swine flu and other types of flu by strengthening your immune system through exercise. Check out Holosfitness.com for exercises that can strengthen your body and boost your body's natural ability to fight illness and disease.

September 3, 2009 at 5:57 pm |
  5. Gail

I am concerned about the H1N1 Vaccine. Back in 1976, they lied to the public and said it was safe. My Grandmother was immediately paralyzed after the Swine Flu Shot of 1976. I want the truth regarding the vaccines, and that is being kept hidden. I also found out that they are changing the vaccine and making it stronger. I want to know where we can get honest results on deaths, people becoming paralyzed from the vaccine, and othe side effects. It reminds me of when my Grandmother became paralyzed, and the doctors said it was just a coincidence. Where we do we go to find out what exactly is in the vaccine and how much of each ingredient, from each manufacturer? Is it egg based or is going to Vero Cell from the cells in the African Green Monkey's kidneys?

September 5, 2009 at 9:30 am |
  6. granyfromthehood

The president of the united states wants to talk to our children it is a good thing. Put aside your anger over losing the election anything that Obama does will be wrong . Do you not know that people all over the world is looking at us laughing. They know that we as a nation is going down. That our hatefulness and meaness is destroying us. Show the world what type of people we are let it not be devisive let it be togetherness. Health care is our godgiven right and so is water and they make us pay for that where is your voice everytime you pay your water bill? Let's have a water party as well as a tea party can you have one without the other?

September 5, 2009 at 10:35 am |
  7. Gail

To: Grantfromthehood,

I received a comment from you, and I do not understand what you are talking about. The link I received, I was talking about the H1N1 Vaccine, and you are talking about a totally different subject. I do not see your comments on this link, but I thought I would respond. I cannot see your comment on this link, but I do not see what you had to say has anything to do with the vaccine.

September 5, 2009 at 2:29 pm |
  8. Jacqueline Grosse

Hi Josh,
    This is in response to your bit on sex offenders. First of all I would like to thank you for this very informative piece. I immediately went to my computer and happened to like 'watchdog' the best. I was very surprised and equally upset to find quite a few living within a few miles of my home. I live in a very large family development with many children, 2 blocks from a school. One offender actually lives a few blocks from another school. Something just does not seem right with that picture. Further more, in a local newspaper here in Redmond, WA there was picture illustrating the "only legal loophole fit for a "three level sex predator" – it was a picture of a noose. Sex offenders have no place in society. Reform for these people is out of the question. I don't know off the top of my head what the rate of recidivism is, but I can say with reasonable certainty that it is very high. For all of those people who feel sorry for sex offenders and believe every offender has a right to be coddled to aid them in their reform, I say this: IF they are so confident. let the offender babysit their child! It takes putting things in perspective and personal to make some people understand the gravity of a problem. Not everyone deserves a second chance and sex offenders definately fall into that category. They need to accept responsibiltiy for their behavior!

September 5, 2009 at 2:42 pm |
  9. L Cook

Regarding the flu, the only thing that has increased alarmingly this year is the amount of fear and hype generated by media. 40,000 to 70,000 people die from typical strains of flu each year in the US alone.

October 27, 2009 at 3:47 pm |