Today on CNN Newsroom

September 13th, 2009

Has H1N1 made you less friendly?

France, a country known for it's touchy-feely greetings, has put the kabosh on kissing. One company has even banned employees from wearing neckties because they can be loaded with germs.

You can blame the H1N1 flu virus.

What about you? Has the threat of H1N1 caused you to change the way you greet people? Have you stopped shaking hands or kissing friends hello? Leave your comments here. We may use some of them this morning in the CNN Newsroom.

Post by:
Filed under: CNN Newsroom
  1. ROGER VAUGHN

MY SON, AND I, JUST GOT OUR FLU SHOT YESTERDAY. HIS WAS GONNA BE FREE, IN OCT, AT HIS WORK, BUT I PAID FOR IT, BEFORE WE GOT A BUG, SINUS,OR ALLERGIES!!! I RECOMEND THAT EVERYONE GETS THE VACCINE ASAP!!! IF ANYONE, HAS EVER HAD THE REAL FLU, I GUARANTEE, THEY WOULD DO, EVERYTHING POSSIBLE, TO NOT GET IT AGAIN!!!!!!!
    I LOVE YOUR SHOW, AND TRY TO CATCH IT, EVERY TIME I CAN.
    SINCERELY, ROGER 0554CDT 9/13/2009 SUNDAY

September 13, 2009 at 6:56 am |
  2. Pauly

I caught the H1N1 virus during surgery. I was hospitalized in isolation on June 2, released on June 3 & then readmitted on June 4th!!! I tried complaining to state & federal agencies about the danger I & the public was placed in but no one answered. I suffer from a series of chronic illnesses & should not have been d/c'd prematurely. I was told that I could return if I had any problems. I'm on Medicare & this is exactly the abuse & waste that President Obama has mentioned several times. The hopsital didn't even notify the surgical center where I had the surgery or the surgeon who sent me to the ER before I was admitted the 1st time!!! This is just one example of why this has spread so fast. I believe the surgeon & nurses washed thier hands before my surgery & the surgical center was clean so I how did I catch it? Due to my health, I seldom leave my house & didn't leave it at all for at least a week before the surgery or after until I went for the follow up appt!!!! So I had to have gotten it at the surgical center!!!

September 13, 2009 at 7:04 am |
  3. omnikey

I work on a college campus and plan on avoiding the student union because, so I am avoiding those who I feel are "high risk".

September 13, 2009 at 7:26 am |
  4. Frank

TJ and Betty...you made a comment about a "bad call" in the Clister – Williams match. Unless you have film footage other than what I saw during the match last, you should not make such a biased comment. Wait until all the data is in and then if the call was bad make your case. Other than that, thanks for normally very accurate reporting. FJL

September 13, 2009 at 7:37 am |
  5. Lisa Rasmussen

On the subject of Serena Williams, is there going to be any kind of penalty against the line judge who WRONGLY called Serena's foot fault? It seems to me that that's the REAL story...

September 13, 2009 at 7:38 am |
  6. Allen Herrin

Good Morning Betty, I so enjoy your presentation! I was in RADIO for many years, I therefore appreciate what you go through!
    As far as H1N1 MAKINGME LESS FRIENDLY!!!! I would have to YES, because in 2007, I underwent a LIVER TRANSPLANT, and since I am Immune suppressed I have to be very careful day in and day out! So I have to be even more careful now since the report of this virus!

As for the Tennis up ROAR, I feel that everyone has lost their kool at least once in their life! She knew she was right, and I feel that is why she did what she did! I have never seen her act this way before. Does the Tennis Association not have TV Replay? If they don't, MAYBE THEY SHOULD!!!!

Have a GREAT DAY Betty! Keep TJ Straight!!!!

Allen Herrin
    Fitzgerald, Georgia

September 13, 2009 at 8:18 am |
  7. DJ in Denver

The other day Kathleen Sibilius suggested the elbow bump instead of handshakes and kisses on a CNN interview about people in politics having to shake hands. My girl and I think it's funny and we do the bump a lot.

September 13, 2009 at 8:19 am |
  8. Debra Francois

Serena has lost the match and a fine would be in order. I have empathy for her because she received a major penalty by the officials that made a wrong call. I feel that she should play this opponent again but with better professional honest officials.John McEnroe should not have one word to say based on his behavior patterns.

September 13, 2009 at 8:53 am |
  9. Mike Armstrong TX.

It all depeneds on how you define friendly.

September 13, 2009 at 2:34 pm |
  10. marsh

if aids havent stop people from having sex you think flu gona stop anything-wait till flu media dies down

September 14, 2009 at 10:44 am |
  11. Don

My wife and I LOVE YOU Betty, you and T. J. make the
    perfect couple – the news couldn't be delivered better!!!

September 14, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  12. Don

We love you and Betty – we never miss you two each morning.
    Make sure CNN keeps you two together – a perfect news couple!!

September 14, 2009 at 12:07 pm |
  13. Ron, Hancock, MI

No I'm not less friendly. I'll talk and smile and laugh when I see people. However I don't go places I normally would as often. 🙂

September 15, 2009 at 9:32 am |
  14. Billy Thompkins

How is this different from the regular flu. This is propaganda. Get a life.

September 20, 2009 at 6:29 am |