Today on CNN Newsroom

September 20th, 2009

Read Affidavits in Terror Probe

CNN is reporting this morning on the arrests of three men overnight in an extensive terrorism probe.

Our Josh Levs showed you where you can read the federal affidavits online.

We're also following updates from our affiliates including KDVR and KMGH.

Post by:
Filed under: Josh Levs
  1. Pauly

I'm sure Cheney, et al are disappointed w/ the arrests. After all, they are waiting to cry that they protected America, (since 9/11), & President Obama didn't. Let's hope another attack never comes.
    This administration not only has to worry about the threat of foreign terrorists but they have to focus on home grown terrorism more than any previous administration. The press & conservatives can keep downplaying this but there are many who want to harm the President & start a race war. Threats against this President have risen by 400%. White supremacist groups have seen thier ranks grow since the election.
    Even if you ignore these threats, you should consider what the anti-Obama propaganda is doing for recruitment by foreign terrorist organizations. I'm sure al-Qaeda & other groups are showing recruits the hateful messages & signs that appear everywhere. What happened to the conservative position that it's unpatriotic to criticize the Commander-in-Chief during war time?
    Not only do they continue w/ their fear & smear tactics but they are spewing hate. Not only among Americans but others that want to harm this great country. In the past, these tactics ended after the election. It has escalated this time. Instead of doing what's right for the country & it's people, conservatives have been campaigning to regain power. They don't care how much these tactics hurt this country or Americans. God help us all!

September 20, 2009 at 8:03 am |
  2. Scott Stodden

Im sorry but its not hard for me to believe that all these men and not just one are responsible for these terroist plots and ploys. They should all be arrested and throw away the key.

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

September 20, 2009 at 8:37 am |
  3. Big John

Mad Props to the FBI!!! I just read the comment from Pauly. I couldn't understand what he was talking about. Go eat a cheeseburger boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

September 20, 2009 at 8:55 am |
  4. Pauly

Of course you couldn't understand anything I said. All you can understand are lies being spewed by the right. What's w/ the boyeeeeee & cheeseburger comment? When you can't argue the issues, you attack. Much like the talking heads & conservative reps in DC!

September 20, 2009 at 9:04 am |
  5. Leta

Ahmad Wasi.......Well do you think we could move a little faster here I am getting GREY hair......I willl not be happy until the day I see Al Gore and Hillary Clinton in HANDCUFF's!!!

September 20, 2009 at 9:36 am |
  6. Leta

Pauly, I am sure you stood up for both George Bush's while they were Commander's in Chief as you do for the now Obama Administration that use to be the Clinton Administration......

September 20, 2009 at 9:43 am |
  7. Leta

Their are just some folks that scare the hell out of me....

September 20, 2009 at 9:43 am |
  8. "BusGreg" Williams

Pauly, your comment is spot on accurate. Thanks!

September 20, 2009 at 11:48 am |
  9. Mike Armstrong TX.

The American people should be scared and be verry vigelant human rights activist are more worried about the rights of those who hate us then they are American lives they have allowed sleeper cells to acumulate across our country and there just waiting for there leader to say now its time.

September 21, 2009 at 9:55 am |
  10. Fabian Bustamante

What really gets to me is how easy is for these people to get in here and have jobs, when many people like me is trying to find a job to take care of my family. Anywhere you look you see these people and you don't know who is who, not even the government knows, they just let anyone here, for the last ten years I have seen these people taking
    over many of the good jobs in this country. One thing that we must keep in mind is that one of the biggest treats we face today is some kind of cyber terrorist attack and IT is one of their preferred jobs. We know as a fact that these people live in a normal way until suddenly they snap, imagin how does the people that live near these guys feel at this moment, thinking that they have a supposedly terrorist as a neighbour, these people walk between us every day and nobody knows who they are. Living like this is the real terror and still they keep coming in here.

September 21, 2009 at 12:33 pm |
  11. Rana

As a student at a University in California, I worry going to class now. There are so many international students and students stuyding abroad that I worry that their mission to the United States is not only for getting an education. I am afraid of making everyone a suspect now. I don't know if it is safe anymore to study at the University library, at our local Starbucks, or even our local bookstore. Moreover, my fear abrupts mostly in the fact that now hotels, stadiums, and other "small targets" are thinking of surveilling the areas due to anyone suspicious terrorist actions. Reason being, I don't think I would feel safe regardless of knowing that when going to a movie theatre or a cafe that there is a possibility of a terrorist act after actually being surveilled. What if a security members slips? 9/11 surveillance at the airports slipped. Why should I trust a simple surveillance at a Vegas hotel or at my local shopping center to simply watch a movie or enjoy a cup of coffee?

September 23, 2009 at 9:03 am |