Today on CNN Newsroom

January 13th, 2010

Music with a Message

You've likely heard Beyonce's megahit "Single Ladies," but what about "Scholar Ladies?"

It's become a big hit on YouTube, and Fredricka Whitfield talks with two of the scholar ladies and their teacher.

Filed under: Fredricka Whitfield
  1. scott

Great idea. Someone was thinking big. Great job.

January 13, 2010 at 6:37 pm |
  2. Mrs. Eileen G. Curras widow to Hernandez (WWII)

Finally we have article news about something different. I believe that we need to do more Music Pieces with Messages to inspire our world around the society no only with education but services to our society that will help them to confront whatever situation society needs to face. I believe that message on "Scholar Ladies is a good one. Sadly that music programs have being sacrificed.

January 14, 2010 at 12:09 am |
  3. Ann O'Hearn

I want to know what is going on NOW. Stop showing videos from yesterday and beyond. It is upsetting to see and hear comments that are not up to date.

January 15, 2010 at 9:49 am |
  4. Derani Morgan

Dear Dr. Gupta,

My heart goes out to you and do hope you are nominated for an award in recognition of your act to stay and help the patients in the "field hospital" when the medical team pulled out. I am an RN and although not of the same calibre I was left in a situation similar to this and know the sinking feeling that comes with it. You have made it through the night (my night) and now that the medical team is back – you must get some sleep. I am not on twitter and so therefore this is the only way I can get my message and feelings to you.
    Congratulations doctor also on training the news team to be nurses.
    You are all truly "angels"
    Derani

January 16, 2010 at 6:05 pm |
  5. Theron

This is a good way to motivate the kids to do well in school.I'm going to show my daughter this. She loves Beyonce and I'm pretty sure she'll love this video too. I'm pretty sure she'll be dancing to this song as much as Single Ladies.

January 17, 2010 at 12:37 pm |
  6. IAN ANDERSON

Can someone please tell me the title and female artiste for the music used in Beyond Borders?

January 17, 2010 at 11:58 pm |