Today on CNN Newsroom

January 17th, 2010

3 More People Pulled from Rubble Alive

Five days after the earthquake in Haiti, rescuers are still finding survivors.

CNN's Ivan Watson was outside a collapsed supermarket in Port-au-Prince where three people were rescued today, and the search continued for two others.

Filed under: Fredricka Whitfield
  1. KcKnauth

Hotel Montana! Any word?

January 17, 2010 at 9:53 pm |
  2. DORINE

From Hans Tippenhauer: Can someone, anyone who has contact with the rescuers please inform them that there are still a lot of students and teachers still alive under the debris of GOC University in Nazon, including my brother in law Yvre Andre Compas. Please send help to free them. They are running out of time...Please

January 17, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  3. M. Maloney

I have to ask ... where, in a country that is over 80% Catholic, is the Catholic church in all the aid efforts? So far, they have been noticably absent.

January 17, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  4. sandra

My cousin Phillip Saint Germain just got rescued from the Caribbean market just now. I have one more that is still in ther

January 18, 2010 at 2:42 am |
  5. Alex de la Cruz

I want to go to Haiti and help. Not just financially but actually help...... Any ideas ?????

January 18, 2010 at 4:56 am |
  6. edward luczynski

I think that your Mass. senate race coverage is not so subtly favoring the Republican candidate. No where have I heard anyone responding to the absurd messages going out such as the woman physician who stated yesterday to vote for Brown or you would lose your right to choose who supplied your health care and where you could get it. You give the impression that no one is in favor of the health care reform being presented. I think we are seeing another example of the vocal minority
    outmaneuvering the silent majority.
    Edward Luczynski

January 19, 2010 at 1:53 pm |
  7. edward luczynski

responding to the M.Maloney comments above. Catholic Relief Services were and are an important presence on the ground in Haiti.
    Edward Luczynski

January 19, 2010 at 1:58 pm |
  8. Jewels Martinez

Just to let you know there are a lot of us who can take on an orphan and give them a home here in america. Why all the politics in such a crisis and emergency. These kids need to have a home.

January 20, 2010 at 11:24 am |