Today on CNN Newsroom

January 23rd, 2010

Coming Up on this CNN Saturday Morning...

From CNN Copy Editor Mary Acosta:

Pro sports teams step up to help Haiti’s earthquake victims. Some players have a personal connection to the tragedy.

Plus – if you want to help, Congress just gave you a break – for charitable donations on your 2009 tax return. We’ve got the details for you.

And – Lt. General Russel Honore knows all about helping people recover after a disaster. He was in charge of the government’s response to Hurricane Katrina. We’re talking to him about Haiti.

Join Betty and T.J. starting at 6am ET!

Post by:
Filed under: CNN Newsroom
  1. Scott Stodden

Its such a wonderful thing for pro sports teams to step up and help with the victims of Haiti they need us and are depending on the United States for help, rescue and relief, Don't stop the search and rescue relief efforts its to soon! Its also a wonder ful thing for Congress to give us a break for charitable donations, in these days and times we all need a break. Also ask Lt General Russell Honore why there stopping rescue and relief efforts there are so many people still alive I believe and its to soon to stop efforts. How you dooooin TJ & Betty? Thank you so much Betty for my autographed picture you sent me it truly is an honor, I hope TJ will send me a picture as well!

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

January 23, 2010 at 6:12 am |
  2. Pita

The Arch Bishop should be called " Eminence", he is not a Monsignor which is another rank in the hierarchy.

January 23, 2010 at 8:16 am |
  3. nigel

if you evacuate port Au prince and all those people are living in mass tent cities,what happens to that tent city when a category 3 or 4 hurricane slams into Haiti as they do every year ?

January 23, 2010 at 10:10 am |
  4. michael armstrong sr. TX.

Haiti's and hell on earth this Island needs sign's saying danger visit at your own risk send in the U.S.O. and brighten up there lives .

January 23, 2010 at 11:58 am |
  5. Laura

Where can I find Josh Levs viral videos from the morning???????
    They are NOT on the website!! I have wasted 20 minutes looking for them for my daughter, and they are not available!! I am VERY frustrated!!

January 23, 2010 at 3:48 pm |
  6. aimee

Could anyone double check L'Ecole Saint-Jean L'Evangéliste for any survivors? I have a strong feeling there are still survivors – may be 2.

January 23, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  7. John from B'ham

Im suprise that America is helping out another country rather than israel. I no they are allies but helping Haiti in the time of need is a huge change and this is something that Pres. Obama needs to work harder on expecially the Government. America always thought about themselves rather than others. So; If America can change so can every other country, such as Israel and its leaders the zionists and Palestine,India,Afgan,Iraq and so many others. We haven't heard anything about those three or four girls that are from america who visit Haiti when the earthquake hit. I hope they where found and ok. God Bless the World

January 23, 2010 at 7:31 pm |
  8. blchar

Sam's club laying off demo team in all of U.S.A with out bonus checks.

January 23, 2010 at 9:27 pm |