Today on CNN Newsroom

January 24th, 2010

Coming up on this CNN Sunday Morning...

Even though search and rescue efforts have officially ended in Haiti, people are still being found alive.

A woman from North Carolina whose son e-mailed her from Haiti 11 minutes before the earthquake hit joins us to talk about their desperate search for him. So far, they've had no luck.

CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen joins us with a preview of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown's meeting this week on how to counter radicalization in Yemen.

And Carl Azuz of CNN Student News breaks down the options left for health care reform following Republican Scott Brown's senate seat win.

Join TJ Holmes and Betty Nguyen on this CNN Sunday Morning beginning 6am ET/ 3am PT.

Post by:
Filed under: CNN Newsroom
  1. Amber O'Hara

As ,long as even one survivor is found daily this rescue mission must not stop!

January 24, 2010 at 4:58 am |
  2. Gary

Commentary on the weather experienced in southern California recently was, in part, - "disruptive week they saw over the last couple of days..."

Thanks

January 24, 2010 at 6:47 am |
  3. Robert

Health care reform should be dead! It needs to be scrapped! They need to start on insurance and drug regulation! We should not start up another entitlement program which will be funded by only a certain segment of people! Either all participants pay into equally or no deal! All these people complaining about it are the same people who have it in their mind it will be free, they should be ashamed of themselves! The same ones who will bark at this comment are the same ones who buy their groceries on a Bridge card while talking on their Blackberry! People need to decide what is more important, cell phones, cable tv, x-boxes, internet, the list goes on or their health care! I say health care no matter if it forces you not to have all the extras!

January 24, 2010 at 7:47 am |
  4. Robert

wake up Americans this bill is nothing more than a stuffed pork barrel chucked full of special interest and pet projects! This bill as the Liberals have it can not benefit the American people period! People need to be more accountable for their own lives, instead of asking someone else to do it for them! Learn to go without! America is the land of opportunity not the land of free giveaways!

January 24, 2010 at 7:51 am |
  5. KENNY.E

Even doe Haiti officially stop the search and rescue more people will be found alive.i understand the hurt and wish i could really do something to help.at the same time i think its time to start to rebuild.i,m pretty sure that our president will help as much as he can.
    I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR EVERYONE IN HAITI,
    kenny brentwood ny,

January 24, 2010 at 8:02 am |
  6. Robert

My heart certainly goes out to Haiti and all of the other places in the world thats been devastated by natural disasters and human made disasters but the liberals of this country who feel its our responsibility to take every person from poverty stricken countries here to live, whos going to pay for these people? If all liberals wanted to pool their money together and take these people in on their dime I say I`m all for it, but I and my wife work just to pay the bills and cant afford things like early childhood developement that people on welfare enjoy. Something is not right thinking I should have to stay working to pay for people who dont work lifestyles! When I cant afford to have a cell phone but watch the girl in line in front of me paying for her 2 carts of groceries with a bridge card all awhile yapping on her Blackberry! I guess with these people its ok as long as they arent the ones having to work! Oh by the way CNN I would appreciate this being posted, I realize it doesnt agree with your liberal ideals but it needs to be heard never the less!

January 24, 2010 at 10:31 am |
  7. Larry So Cali

I could go under the deepest ocean on earth or to the planet Pluto and Rush Limbaugh come through "Loud and clear" But try to listen to "Air America" where you actually get the "Whole Honest Truth" that people NEVER hear and forget it very hard to listen cause of all the static ....no matter if in my car or at home...it's a damm shame...I have been trying to warn people for years that there is a insideous ruling class control steering the public that most people don't understand whats really going on.

January 24, 2010 at 11:17 am |
  8. Dodd DeLong

Absolutely fantastic Haiti coverage from day one. Your three reporters on site are ALL excellent,. Honest, detailed and giving us the way it is now. Gary's reporting is straight on. Ivan's delivery is so accurate and his face shows us the situation as if we were there talking to him one on one. Anderson, as always is so dedicated to giving us the full story and especially his emphasis on what the needs are day to day. Fantastic team. I hope these three will be recognized in some type of award ceremony in the near future.

January 24, 2010 at 12:32 pm |
  9. Herman Cain

I just saw Jerrie ask a person what to do if you gas pedal sticks–he said to put car in neutral or push in clutch–NO do not do this–it is true it will disconnect the transmission from the power of the engine–BUT it will allow you engine to over rev consquently blowing you engine and could littlerly allow your engine or flywheel to fly apart throwing shrapnel like a bomb blowing up–you simply turn off your ignition switch–be prepared to have to push harder on brakes and it may take more pressure to turn your steering wheel–avoid applying emergency brake–if you do don't put al;lot of pressure–because if you lock up rear tires it could put you into a 180 to 360 degree spinout–do not lock sterring which this should not happen as long as your vehicle is in gear–DO NOT PANIC–slow vehicle down and pull off to the side of road and have a qualified mechanic check out the problem–do not attempt to drive the car any further–even if gas pedal becomes unstuck because it probably will stick again

January 30, 2010 at 10:20 am |
  10. Lrand

Working to distribute food stuffs to the starving people in Haiti is critical. From what I saw, though, what is included in the packages requires cooking, and I doubt that fires are available for that purpose. Is it possible to deliver ready-to-eat items that can be air-distributed?

January 30, 2010 at 11:27 am |