Today on CNN Newsroom

February 5th, 2010

Your Chance to Sound Off!

This weekend, we're launching a new feature called "Did You Hear?" highlighting some of the week's most provocative and noteworthy news moments.  And we want you to be a part of it.  Click on the links below to see what's coming and give us your reaction.  We'll share your comments on the air starting at noon eastern Saturday.

Here are 2 of the stories we are featuring this weekend.

Filed under: Fredricka Whitfield
  1. dlishtar

Hey I am definitely happy about the toyota recall to save lives but can we get a new car for thiis problem or what? since i have an old 2009 toyota camry...as far as the attacks go we are always gonna have attacks but can we try and do a preemptive strike on them...kinda tough when you dont know whos on whos side..

February 5, 2010 at 10:14 am |
  2. Louise

The question was not logical. Of course there will be an attempted attack in the next 3 or 6 months. That's the main objective of the terrorist. They don't plan one per year. They are planning an attack everyday.

February 5, 2010 at 10:28 am |
  3. sue scott

We the people should not know what our Experts in the military are doing to keep us safe because if we know the terrorists will also...common sense; let them do their job KNOWING THEY ARE DOING THEIR BEST and we will be safer...assuming they are doing a better job now after being caught fumbling...COMMUNICATION between the different agencies was supposed to be done through the computers after 9/11....keep the ball in play guys and stay focused...thank you
    susie
    ewa beach

February 5, 2010 at 12:16 pm |
  4. Flecia Martin

I have driven a Toyota since 2000 and I currently drive a 2005. Until recently I was a poster child for Toyota telling my friends and family that I would never drive anything else. While I will probably still drive a Toyota in the future, my opinion of the company has changed. I think the recall was not soon enough and you comments regarding this issue minimal. I hope you have contacted the people that you have hurt personally and offered them a fair compensation.

February 5, 2010 at 1:28 pm |
  5. Flecia Martin

The United State has military bases setup all over the world perhaps we should have military check points for all planes headed for the United State.

February 5, 2010 at 1:40 pm |
  6. Gary Northwest

Any act of Terrorism should be tried in the military courts. Some would say differently, however I cringe at the thought of giving these people "rights" that belong to US citizens. Mr. Obama was once again going to throw money at the problem and offer $200 million for security to the city that hosts the trials. Why not try these people where they belong which is Guantanemo and give the $200 million to the military for better body armor or equipment they could use to make their jobs a little more safe?

In my book Obama gets a "D" grade

February 5, 2010 at 3:16 pm |
  7. Michele

Is anyone (any "news" organization, that is) going to hold Senator Shelby accountable for blocking 70+ nominations so that he can get pork for his state?

Any takers?

February 5, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  8. Bob Gay

Why does it not surprise me, since the job of a terrorist is to terrorize as much as possible. Just not on Christmas. We could put our resources to much better use if we weren't bound by politically correctness. The israeli's have never had any bomb threats or terrorists on a plane simply by not allowing or scrutinizing all muslims and folks traveling from or to yemen, iran, iraq, or afganistan. Its really simpy but we scrutinize 2 year olds and grand ma's. Duh! What a waste of resources and we wonder why a terrorist like the Christmas bomber can slip in. Lets call an ace an ace and do what Israel has succesfully done for years with a minimum of headcount. Profiling is the intelligent way to sort out terrorists and if they dont like it too bad. They can always move.

February 5, 2010 at 5:13 pm |
  9. call me Roy

Ali, your reporting on CNN is outstanding, like Wolf's. I have a great news story for "Did you hear"
    Dekalb county spends $400,00 on what for teachers? This week, 200 DeKalb County school employees will board planes for Hollywood
    to attend a four-day conference sponsored by America's Choice . School spokesman Dale Davis says, "I am happy that you are expressing interest in this training opportunity for our employees. We are focused on student improvement. America's Choice is in partnership with the district to help improve the academic success in
    40 of our lowest performing schools." Jobs "created or saved" by this $400K expenditure? Well .. there's the pilots and flight attendants on the airplane. Surely those jobs were saved by this crowd of government employees traveling to Hollywood. CNN has been showing many different uses of where the stimulus money has been going. Why haven't I seen this news story on your network?

February 5, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  10. A. Smith, Oregon

Liberian dictator during his war crimes tribunal pointed the finger of enabling at none other than Rev. Pat Robertson.

Flying out gold and diamonds illegally out of the country using Robertson's aid cargo planes? Pat Roberton's connections with a supposed Gold Mine operation as a front for laundering mass amounts of money out of Liberia?

This appears to be a huge story, I hope CNN digs deeper into this extreme corrupt business practices of aiding and enabling a horrific dictator and warlord in Liberia under the guise of religion.

February 5, 2010 at 11:33 pm |
  11. Dana

Hey TJ, Did you get a look at the background while the speaker of the tea party disrespected immigrants while they were serving their meal. The tea party doesn't mind you making their beds or pouring their coffee. Every employee at that convention should have walked out. You can talk trash about me and I serve you. The tea party forgets they vote to. Quiet voters won they white house.

February 6, 2010 at 8:58 am |
  12. LIL

RE Don LEMON's interview wunknown woman on Tea Party interview around 530p; told her SHE WAS OBVIOUSLY AFRICAN AMERICAN; SHE WAS AT A LOSS FOR WORDS & EMBARRASSED & said this would be regarding any nationality. I thought you were very rude & sounded cocky. Never watched this show before but was very surprised in this day & age.

February 6, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  13. Theron

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate the warning. They should be more specific, what exacly might happen and where the targets might be would be nice. As for terrorists being tried in military courts. The shoe bomber Richard Reid was tried in civilian court as well as over 190 other terrorists. The only reason people are complaining is because the Republicans started complaining. Keep in mind, the same people who had no problem when a Republican administration were trying terrorists in civilian courts, suddenly they have a problem with terrorists being tried in civilian court, give me a break. They only have a problem because the President is a democrat. The administration knows what they're doing.

February 8, 2010 at 8:14 pm |