Today on CNN Newsroom

February 11th, 2010

Share Your Toyota Story

Toyota has come under fire in the last month, issuing recalls for gas pedal and brake repairs. From the Camry and Corolla, to the iconic Prius and other models, more than 8 million vehicles have been recalled. Many dealers are working around the clock to repair recalled cars.

Our question: What has your Toyota experience been like? If you've taken your car in for repairs let us know how it went.

We'll share some of your comments in the CNN Newsroom, 11am ET – 1pm ET.

Be sure to join us today when the service manager from a Toyota dealership will answer your questions about the recalls.

You can leave your questions for the service manager here as well.

Filed under: CNN Newsroom • Tony Harris
  1. Prius Owner

Have not had difficulty with brakes. Dealers are behind the news cycle in terms of being able to make repairs. Toyota still beats GM, Ford, Chrysler for recall incidence rates. All these microprocessors, software in cars today require new quality management processes.

February 11, 2010 at 9:30 am |
  2. Jim Jankus

At age 54 now, out of all the cars I've owned, the unique Toyota Corona – not Carola – made back in 1972 – was the best – never a problem. If I wasn't flat broke – but not in debt – just breaking even – then my next car would have been a Toyota. The current problems, which I believe Toyota will resolve, do not frighten me away from buying a Toyota in the future – when I can finally afford a car again. Meantime, as a science fiction writer, I treat the issue with a humor fantasy headline: "Breaking News! Toyota discovers warp drive! Builds Earth's first star ship!"

February 11, 2010 at 9:34 am |
  3. Michael

I own a Toyota 4 wheel drive pickup that I bought new in 1989. It has 320,000 miles on it and it still runs well enough that I can transport hay, even in winter conditions, across unmaintained roads.

What I find most amazing about this truck is that I have, in the last 20 years, spent less than $700 total for vehical repairs. For durability and extreme reliability, I have never found another vehical to match this.

When my current vehical finaly wears out, another Toyota vehical is at the TOP of my list of prospective purchases.

I seems to me that the current issue is a bit over blown, and has more to do with the hybrid vehicals regenerative braking software than it does with mechanical reliability.

February 11, 2010 at 9:46 am |
  4. Steve

I would have stop the fight cause it was in front of my place of employment which will probably now result in a lawsuit against them because the security who was hired to to provide security did not do that. We text money to help Haitians which is nice. But just stand and watch another American (kids) get kicked in the head when down and do nothing. Amazing!

February 11, 2010 at 10:19 am |
  5. Dyce

I bought a 2007 Toyota Rav4 in January 2007. It was a bad experience with the Brakes grinding when pressed. This is a new car!
    I complained to the Dealer several times, even brought the car to them and the Service Manage road in the car and confirmed it. They put it on a lift and checked the brakes, all pads were good, the disks were smooth so they sent me away as it was with no solution. Toyota corporation said ther were no problems according to the Dealer's report. So basically told me to "go screw". Pardon my language!
    Now I'm doing Brakes on the this car every year. NEVER AGAIN!
    LAST TOYOTA I'll ever buy!
    Dyce

February 11, 2010 at 10:21 am |
  6. Brian Hanna

over the past ten years i have owned 4 Toyota vehicles, all used.

Best cars i have ever owned, and i continue to support them.

February 11, 2010 at 10:22 am |
  7. Beatrice Nero

I am a 60 year old grandmother and I definitely would have risked my own life to help that young girl. When I see situations like this on the news I can't help but think of my own grand children.
    This type of thing brings tears to my eyes. How could those guards have been so cold and callous. NO JOB is worth a persons life or health.

February 11, 2010 at 10:59 am |
  8. Rebecca DeWitt

I wish there was a charitable program where people like myself – who want to make a personal difference for someone in Haiti – could be matched up to provide financial support for a period of time, until the Haitian could get back on his/her feet. We could also exchange letters, photos, emails, etc. That personal connection could be a very gratifying experience for both people or families.

February 11, 2010 at 11:02 am |
  9. James

I bought my first Toyota in 1979 because of quility issues with American made cars. I bought my second Toyota in 1981. I put 200,000 miles on the 1979 with no problems. Had transmission probems with the 1981 after about 50,000 miles.

I have since owned several different make American made cars and have to say that the quality seems equally as good as the Toyotas. (200,000 miles on some of them with no problems.)

I would not hesitate to buy another Toyota if they made something I liked. With all the automakers having stepped up their quality over the years, there's a lot of good choices in new cars. It's not like 20 yrs ago when you could rule out certain automakers because of bad quality.

In our family now: Two Hondas, Ford Truck & car, Toyota, Mazda. The quality is good on all, but I do admire the engineering on the Hondas.

The best car I have every owned was American made and was rated one the worst by leading comsumer magazine. Go figure.

February 11, 2010 at 11:41 am |
  10. Chad H

My experience with Toyota was as to be expected, customer first. I was given a clear explanation as to what the problem was with my gas pedal and how the fix will prevent sticking. I have faith in the Toyota brand and know that they will pick themselves up from their stumble and move forward. I beleive that the media has a lot do with the bad press they are receiving. Toyota's first recall and it is the end of the world although there is a trend if you look at the top ten recalls of all time. I don't remember seeing this kind of coverage on Chryslers 18 recalls last year. Just my two cents. Toyota is a good product with great customers!!! I have all the faith in the world with their cars.

Chad

February 11, 2010 at 11:52 am |
  11. y Murry

I have been a loyal Toyota customer for seven years now. My 2007 camry is part of the recall for unattended acceleration and sticky gas pedal. I scheduled my appointment for the gas pedal nearly seven days ago. I called the service department today and they're telling me that the recall service takes about three hours to complete. Toyota corporation says that it should take 30 minutes. I'm getting rid of my camry as I have lost all confidence in the toyota brand.

February 11, 2010 at 12:19 pm |
  12. michael armstrong sr. TX.

I one time got ran over by a Toyota O What A Feeling .

February 11, 2010 at 12:26 pm |
  13. JohnVenza

Dear Tony
    I have a 2007 Toyota Camry it is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I will not even consider buying anything else in the future.

February 11, 2010 at 12:32 pm |
  14. Charley Marks

I purchased a 2010 Prius last June when they were first introduced. My wife and I haven't noticed any braking issues thus far. We are very satisfied with our Prius. We have put 22,000 miles on it and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Toyota.

February 11, 2010 at 12:33 pm |
  15. Ann-Marie Clements

I bought a NEW Light Green Toyota Prius in June '09 in Charlotte, NC and brought it back to Canada and I haven't had any problems with it. I giggle everytime I go to the gas station and see a pickup truck or large van pump the gas in and the price keeps going up for them. I LOVE MY 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS, especially when I have to get gas once a week!!! I believe the media frenzy is part of the U.S. gov't's way of putting more emphasizes on the U.S. car dealers. I have noticed that the "U.S. Recalls" haven't had as much press releases on them.

My spouse and I gave our two daughters the "Always In The Service Station" VW Beetles, that I was paying more out on service charges than driving them. Now, if you ask me would I buy another VW, the answer is unequivocally NO, NO, NO... I would buy another Toyota in a heartbeat!!! ;>))

February 11, 2010 at 12:36 pm |
  16. Carl lafoe

I have always owned American made vehicles and most of them being GM. I have never once bought a brand new vehicle and it not have problems. I recently switched from a 3/4 ton GMC Sierra pickup to a Toyota Tundra. The quality in engineering, luxury, power and dependability I have in my Toyota makes the American models a joke. The tundra is more than twice the truck of any American companies competition (or lack there of). As for safety, just drive one and you'll know how safe they are. I pit the accelerator issue in the same category as when people have a tire blow out then wreck and flip their car. This is just plain silly, defensive driving tells you to remain calm and don't overreact. Simple lessons for those foolish people. If your car starts to accelerate put it in neutral, pull over, turn it off and call someone for help. Man if people could just use common sense we would all be better of.

February 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm |
  17. Bob

Hi Tony:
    I will gladly trade my 2002 Ford Employer with transmission problems, for a Toyota S.U.V with its problems. With all of Toyota’s problems I would still buy one over Ford

February 11, 2010 at 12:41 pm |
  18. Joe Butara (Toronto)

My husband & myself had in our lifetime 17 cars. Five were Toyotas and 12 were north american.
    Nothing will change our mind to not buy TOYOTA cars again. We were very satisfied with the performance, the quality and the excellent service from the dealership. From our experience north american cars can not match TOYOTA.

February 11, 2010 at 12:41 pm |
  19. Dave S. Briones

We've had our Camry for 3 years without any problems. Went to our Toyota dealer yesterday for an oil change and they informed me that they had performed some recall work. I don't want to say that they fixed the problem(s) since I didn't think it had any in the first place. This is out second Toyota and we'll continue to buy in the future. Remember what happened to Tylenol a few years ago? I still use it today.

Dave from New Mexico

February 11, 2010 at 12:42 pm |
  20. Stan

Hi Tony:
    Please let me share my 2009 Toyota Carolla scary story. I bought the car in summer of '08 (I got the first one off the truck) When the car was about 6 months old (had about 30,000 miles) I pulled into the Farley Plaza on the Atlantic City Expressway to have some lunch. About a half hour later I got into my car, pulled out of my parking spot, and the car took off like I had floored it-it seemed to have a mind of its own and it wanted to go as fast as it could. I immediately slammed on the braakes but the car wanted to just keep flying-in the parking lot with cars driving around everywhere. That was really scary. I grabbed the gear shifting lever and took it out of gear-hitting reverse on the first attempt, then into neurtal. I turned off the engine and parked for about five minutes, then tried again. It has not happened again and the car has about 90,000 miles on it and is a great car-exceept when it has a mind of its own. I related the episode to the Toyota dealer and he acted as if I were nuts. He insisted I must have mixed up the brake pedel with the accelerator pedel. I don't think so.

Stan

February 11, 2010 at 12:44 pm |
  21. Dee Lindsey

When my dad died six years ago I inherited his 1987 Toyota pickup truck.. It still runs today. Only minor repairs have ever been require for this vehicle with under 200,000 miles.People ask all the time about buying it. I still drive it as needed. The only trouble is the American made bed of the truck that has many rust spots. Cab of the truck made in Japan is in much better condition. Interior of truck needs a make over but most used vehicles would that are 23 to 24 years old. Overall I would trust a Toyota and trust them to correct any issue with a vehicle. I buy American when possible but I won't bash Toyota. That truck came to my rescue more than once. It has helped me move friends and family over the years. It has been reliable. When most cars are on the scrap heap, this truck is still going.

February 11, 2010 at 12:44 pm |
  22. Jay

Tony, You reported this morning that we had a 43000 drop in unemployment numbers. Who counts as being unemployed–if it is people who are drawing unemployment payments then maybe the drop in numbers might be caused by something other than an improvement. Like the 43000 may have received the max months of entitlements. But then again you and CNN would never try and spin a story in favor of this wonderful people minded administration–would Ya?

February 11, 2010 at 12:47 pm |
  23. Philip B Fregeau

We have driven our 09 Prius for a year now without a hint of problem. Prius owners should understand how the braking system works on the Prius and brake accordingly ie. light pressure on the peddle to use the regeneration system for normal stopping & more firm pressure to use the hydraulic system for quicker or emergency stopping.

This is the best car we have ever driven. A joy at the gas pump & a joy on the road.

February 11, 2010 at 1:03 pm |
  24. mary lepretre

Should bought a Ford Escape!!! I have bought 2007 Rava its been a lemon.My brakes been squeeking.Three warning lights : engine light,vcs light,4whl drive light.I have it shop couple of times still not fixed. I was recently diagnoised with lung cancer and I have chemo in two weeks.I have to travel from Peace River to Grande Prairie 2.5 hr drive one way. I don't have clue what I am going to do! These lights are on and every time I go there its cost me lots money.I am scared to take it in.I have through two sets of tires.I can only do 80 km/hr but i have go to my chemo appt.I can't trade off its worth nothing.I will never never buy toyota AGAIN.............SHOULD OF BOUGHT FORD LIKE I WAS GOING TOO IN THE BEGINNING. BUYERS BEWARE..DO YOUR HOME WORK....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE LOTS MONEY FOR REPAIRS.
    TAKE CARE
    MARY

February 11, 2010 at 1:17 pm |
  25. Donna

We have owned Toyota since about 1970. Our last car, a Toyota, was traded in after 16 years and nearly 200,000 miles. Our new Toyota is going in to the dealer today for the 'fix'. We will continue to drive Toyotas because we know them to be the best quality in their price range on the market.

February 11, 2010 at 1:45 pm |
  26. tmmc 3906

I am a Canadian Toyota employee who is sick to death of hearing you Americans bash Toyota over their recall. The only reason that this has gone this far is because your government owns the other 2 car manufactures. I don't recall the media going this far when GM build their pick up trucks with the fuel tank on the side of the chasis causing them to explode when T-boned. What about Ford, when they build their SUV's top heavy causing them to role over when turning corners at a certain speed. I believe that there were hundreds or thousands of reports, filed over just these two recalls compared to the 10 that were filed with toyota. Can you tell me how many recalls the US companies have had over the last 20 years compared to Toyota, that might be a story. You Americans need to wake up. You guys are dragging the Toyota name through the mud so you can get your tarp money back. Toyota is more american than you think. Toyota has done nothing but build plants in the US, employing thousands of people over the last ten years, while GM, Chrysler ( which you guys own) and Ford have done nothing but move their plants out side of the US. The great american race is next weekend, the Daytona 500. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the Toyota Camry the only car on the track built in the US
    Yes, this recall is serious and Toyota is going to great lenghts to fix it. They have recalled 8 million cars for 10 reported problems. GM , Chrysler and Ford would do every thing they could to hide from this massive correction attempt. I think it's funny that GM has spent millions of advertising dollars over the last year, comparing thier piece of crap product to Toyota, how original. Can't come up with anything good to say about their own cars. WAKE UP GUYS!!!

February 11, 2010 at 2:03 pm |
  27. Mike N.

I have been driving Toyotas for over 25 years and can unequivocally say that there is nothing better on the market.

The thing that surprises and saddens me is the level of the vitriolic attack both by the press and the politicians.I'm sure that this has nothing to do with fact that Toyota happens to be a Japanese company.

I have not seem anything near this level of outcry with the countless and endless recalls by our "domestic" manufacturers over the decades.

Seems to be that our justly deserved inferiority complex is manifesting itself in not too pleasant a fashion.

February 11, 2010 at 2:24 pm |
  28. R LORANGER

The way you report the Toyota situation is just too patriotic. USA is given a "chance" to beat the no. 1 auto maker in the world. The problem is that you are participating too much into it, knowing the US Government owns a good share of GM...

February 11, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  29. vern

Why have Toyota Tundra 2005 never been recalled for their brakes. I have seen many complainants. I have one. When you have to stop quick. The brakes will not work. I have just about about ran into other vehicle a few times. They know about it. Still never done anything about it.

February 11, 2010 at 3:02 pm |
  30. Alex Orellana

My gas pedal on my Toyota works but the foot rest, that is made of plastic on the driver side, broke and The Toyota dealership in Pasadena, CA wouldn't replace it, even though it's a huge safety hazzard! What should I do?

February 11, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  31. A. Smith, Oregon

My family has been a Toyota customer for 35 years. Our 4 Runner had a electric switch on the console that boosted the fuel injection pressure giving you from 15-30 more horsepower AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON for hill climbs, towing extremes or when you need a boost.

I have never seen that feature on any pathetic America designed and made vehicle, although any of the millions that wish they had that during the life of that vehicle certainly would have used it!

Toyota has so many extra features in its vehicles, they have certainly tapped into what American consumers actually want, unlike that pathetic CEO formerly with GM that pushed vehicles on what he felt American's should have. There is a very real difference.

American automakers were issued a demand by Brazil in 1980 that all new auto's imported from America's automakers MUST burn Straight Alcohol and Alcohol mixed with gasoline in various ratios. Of course American automakers complied in order to make millions from Brazilian consumers. Those same American automakers REFUSED to sell those same vehicles nor the modified engines to the American public.

February 11, 2010 at 6:56 pm |
  32. Patrick M. Murphy

Good Morning,
    Isn't it wonderful that we as human beings have gotten to the point that we have to be caught being doing something wrong before we are willing to be honest about anything. How long has Toyota and the Feds known about these problems !, and you can bet that if they had not gotten caught they would still not be willing to be honest. Doesn't say much for us does it.

February 12, 2010 at 8:27 am |
  33. anonymous

Bob Starford said Toyota will reprogram the flash to override accelerator when brake is pressed. Ummmmm, why isn't this already that way?

February 12, 2010 at 11:43 am |
  34. Bob Burriss

Require the owners of recalled cars to have car fixed prior allowing car to be re-registered. This will cause people to take cars to dearlers–its not just their property/lives at risk but the general public

February 12, 2010 at 11:44 am |
  35. Gady Mayen - Hamilton, Canada

Good Afternoon Tony. My mom owns a 2009 Toyota Corolla. A week after the recall we called the dealer and scheduled an appointment for the same day. That was not the first time the Corolla has been in at Toyota for a recall. When the inspection was done, a person at the dealer said that the car is fine. Should we call again so that they could install the reinforcement bar?

February 12, 2010 at 11:44 am |
  36. Charlotte

Have there been any of these accidents caused by the acceleration or floor carpet on 2004 Camery's??

February 12, 2010 at 11:48 am |
  37. Shane

My mom has a 2006 Toyota Corolla and the floor mats in it would often roll up under the gas and brake pedal. These models don't even have hooks to keep them in place. Why weren't these ealier years part of the recall? I removed her floor mats years ago because of this issue. The car is outstand outside of this one issue.

February 12, 2010 at 11:50 am |
  38. Russ Saunders

While it was interesting hearing about the Toyota recall fix from the representative from Sandy Springs (I worked there as a contractor for Prudential Savings Bank a number of years back), I think a more pertainent question which should demand an answer is why a computer has anything to do with the braking system...there should not be anything to prevent you from stopping a vehicle...the brake systems must be independent and work whether the engine is running or not.

February 12, 2010 at 11:52 am |
  39. Harry

How can a mat or sticky pedal cause rapid acceleration? No way! It has to be farther up the line...electronic.

February 12, 2010 at 11:57 am |
  40. Geanine Brown-Gardner

I am the owner of a 2003 Toyota Corolla Le. When I brought my vehicle, it was new. My car was a part of the recall for ssc 80A – 2003 through 2004 Model Year Corolla and Corolla Matrix Front Door Glass Bolts Safety recall. I still have my paperwork for the recall. Can I got to a Toyota.Dealer and still get my car repair? Also, my back car window on both side will not go down. It is operated by power window. My husband and I don't have any children, so there were not a really to use the back car window. I need to know if other Toyota car owners had the same problem. As I stated that my car was purchase as a new car. I need to know if such problem is something that Toyota may need to recall. It would cost me other $600.00 to get the window fixed. This is my main concern.

February 12, 2010 at 11:59 am |
  41. michael bolin

I purchased a new sienna van from TANSKY TOYOTA in logan ohio august 2009. the van had 3000 miles on the odometer when the engine developed a loud knocking noise. called Tansky service department explaining the engine noise to the service manager and reguested he send a tow truck for the van. he responded by saying that he dident belived the noise warrented a tow truck but he would send one if i agreeded to pay the tow bill. upon arrival at the service department the service manager agreed the engine did not sound normal and the computer had to be reprogramed, and i would have to leave the van at the dealership for a few days. i requested a rental vehicle to drive home, and the manager said i would have to pay for the rental. after reprograming the computer the van developed a hesitation when trying to accelerate and problems of decelerating when applying the breaks. i returned the van to Tansky's and explained to the service manager the van motor would stall when i tryed to accelerate when stopped at a red light or slowing to make a right turn, than suddenly accelerate at a high rate of speed nearly causing a rear end collision with the vehicle ahead of me. the service manager refused to acknowledge that my van had an acceleration and breaking problem and responded bt saying that toyota has never made a defective vehicle and the problem must be me. i have had numerous manufacture defects that toyota has corrected but Tansky and Toyota still refuse to acknowledge that my van has a computer defect that may jeoperdise my life and other motorest that my be involved in an accident as a result of this problem . all made made vehicles are prone to malfunction. the difference is the manufacturer who is willing to admit the problem and correct it . it's not the van i find fault with it's the people at toyota that put my life in harms way, but refuses to acknowledge the fact, that i have a problem with. being on disibilty retirement with a fixed income i dont have the resource to trade the van for a new vehicle and the van has no resale value so i'm stuck driving a vehile that's not safe to be driven

February 12, 2010 at 10:42 pm |
  42. michael bolin

correction to my committ I purchase my sienna van in august 2006 not august 2009

February 12, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  43. tmmc 3906

Charlene Blake, you also talk about business conduct. PLEASE!!!!!! Explain to me, the business conduct of GM. This company of yours has received BILLIONS of hard working tax payers money, while at the same time, shut down whole entire towns, putting those same tax payers out of work. These companies have paid their ceo's hundreds of millions a year, while laying off thousands of blue collar workers, wiping out thier pensions. These companies have driven them selfs into the ground by having poor quality products, you know that and I know that You really want to buy a car from a company like that

February 13, 2010 at 3:17 pm |
  44. Jeramy

Unfortunately, Recalls are a part of owning any car. The frustration is in the service department of your respective auto company. I've had to deal with several companies and Toyota, hands down, has the best service departments in the country. They treat you as an individual and not just a number. We are more than satisfied with our Toyota Sequoia. Next on the Wife's wish list; Camry Hybrid. "Moving Forward!"

February 15, 2010 at 12:33 pm |
  45. jane

Nothing at all I have seen no change, why is is so difficult to fix up the ghettos of the US, places such as Wilkinsburg Pa. where there are loads of abandoned homes that need to be torn down, Obama has done nothing for these US cities where crime is an issue. Where are the police, I go to shopping areas and see them there, protecting shoppers, but where crack houses are or in the most needed places none.
    It seems even with the first Black President there is still an issue for Black neighborhoods getting help, most of the tax money goes to maintain non black neighborhoods why can't Obama make jobs by having people clean up the most desolate communities. I see no change I see no stimulus money here!
    Thanks Tony for letting me vent
    Jane

February 17, 2010 at 12:39 pm |
  46. Han G Thesobs

Hmmm. Share? Like the starter in my son's Tundra being installed UNDER the intake manifold on TOP of the engine? = $800 to replace. Or the Rav4 Computer that CAUSED 3rd gear transmission failure? = $4000. Or the computer program that CAUSED FAKE failed 02 sensor readings? = $1200. Because the RAV4 had "TOO MUCH MILEAGE", they neglected to send us ANY warnings about it! The 4Runner? Ran terrible, couldn't figure out what was wrong = $1200. The rear end of the 4Runner sagging? The last straw- We sold it....at a loss.

Toyota? You're DONE in my family....FOREVER!

Dodge? Ford? Chevy? You taught Toyota well. From now on it's Honda or Nissan. If an "electric" car is EVER allowed to be mass-produced and "sold" in America...I'll go with it.

My best car with the best mileage? a 90 Pontiac Bonneville. 24 mpg! Wish my same-weight 2005 KIA could get over 20! Another Corporate mistake! 2004 was Consumer's Reports #1 Mid-Sized SUV! 2005? Changed the transmission to a Theoretical design and used CHEAP prior-problem electronics that FAILED repeatedly. Complete disaster after the 1st 5000 miles.

February 19, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  47. Stan from Ohio

Have owned 10 Toyotas since 1976. Almost every model made. Before that, owned cars from "The Big Three". Last was new Dodge that had a major problem almost every 3 months, including blown engine @ 30 MPH. One repair of Dodge took 7 days to fix a part that cost less than a dollar but had to come from warehouse 75 miles away. So I researched Consumer Report mag & have bought Toyotas ever since. In first one I took a 22-state, 6K miles trip. Owned that car 6 yrs. Only repair cost $9 & 3 days in my garage. Now proud owner of '07 & '09 Prius'. Average 52.5 MPG. Also own '91 Corolla bought in '92 which has been driven EVERY day of the week since '92. Only maintenance repairs, (brakes, oil changes, tires, exhaust). Simple common sense for this current Toyota problem we SHOULD HAVE all learned when learning to drive & SHOULD STILL remember...quickest way to stop ANY car. Shift to neutral & then use emergency brake. Emergency brakes on ALL cars are nothing but a cable that applies rear brakes. NO rocket science here! I think that, if it's investigated very thoroughly, sabotage might not be such a far-fetched possibility for Toyota's problems. After all, Toyota's veritably wiped out "The Big Three's" reason for existing. It's not a patriosism thing, I'm a veteran, I learned about Japanese carmakers quality from talking to a lot of servicemembers who had Japanese cars. For me, it's a case of reliability which stems from quality. I work too hard for my money to throw it away. My only regret is I've never bought Toyota stock.

February 19, 2010 at 12:13 pm |