Today on CNN Newsroom

February 17th, 2010

Stevie Wonder Gets In Tune With Quake Survivor

A blind quake survivor from Haiti strikes a chord with music great Stevie Wonder. Now the two share an incredible bond. Check it out...

Watch CNN Newsroom with Kyra Phillips weekdays from 9am-11am ET/6am-8am PT.

1. michael armstrong sr. TX.

I would like to see Stevie and the quake survivor perform together for a Haiti benefit .

February 17, 2010 at 4:18 pm |
  2. robyncaffrey keyser west virginia 26726

att kyra

I was watching the clip when he was in the hospital ' and when he got the casio from stevie wonder. ( boy ) now that is a bond ( you could never forget.
    that was so sweet . maybe ? if its possibile ( maybe stevie wonder will go to hati to attend his concert " as he said he wants to have a cocert for hati.

yes we can "

February 18, 2010 at 12:06 am |
  3. Bertrand

Beautiful

February 18, 2010 at 5:47 am |
  4. Mrs. Eileen Curras widow to Hernandez (WWII)

The blind quake survivor as CNN continues to address is not the only Person with Disabilities in Haiti. What else is our Peace Ambassador at the U.N., Mr. Stevie Wonder is going to do to bring to the attention of Haiti government the crisis the quake has brought to the island and the government? This topic cannot continue to be unattended. How many People with Disabilities does Haiti have?

February 18, 2010 at 7:34 am |
  5. John Tyler Erie, Pa

That's an outstanding gesture from Stevie Wonder, he has overcome blindness and first hand understands the needs of this quake survivor. It would be nice to see other musicians do the same and perhaps set up free schools of music in Haiti. When people learn to play a musical instrument it helps them to excel in other areas of education. The people of Haiti need to be educated to get out of the circle of poverty they have been put into over two centuries ago.

February 18, 2010 at 8:41 am |
  6. Tyrone Ambrose

Good morning, Mr. Stevie Wonder I would like to say that knowing it was the greatist gesture of all time givining that man a new musical instrument, You have restore his hope and faith to and knowing that this man can play again with great enjoyment with the help of his friend Mr. Stevie Wonder. When every thin is clear away with the dust i do hope that there will be a music shool to for every one that want to learn how to play an instruments. Thank you Mr. Wonder for giving the people in Haiti full of hope and faith to you have a bless day. Sencerely Tyrone Ambrose

February 18, 2010 at 10:53 am |
  7. Scott Stodden

Stevie Wonder is so amazing, kind, and caring and we all love him! Why wouldn't Stevie be there for the Hatians, he would give the clothes off his back if he could!

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

February 18, 2010 at 11:12 am |
  8. Michael Glasser

Kyra,
    Your spirit is an example for all of us with disabilities.
    Bless you, your music, and your recovery.
    I was recording at “Electric lady land” back in 1970 and my engineer and I were listing to a British comedy album when we heard loud joyous laughter behind us. I turned around, and to my surprise, Stevie had come into the booth to listen to “The Great - Contest”. I was in awe and Stevie smiled, introduced himself, which put me at ease immediately and made me realize Stevie really is a Wonder, a real person, and a compassionate soul. After a laugh or two, Stevie asked to listen to my tracks and offered to critic them for me, WOW! After commenting on my lyrics, we segued into talking about the world and such. I was so impressed with his knowledge, his need to cure the ills of society, and Stevie’s empathy. Stevie’s generosity is most certainly, no surprise to me, what a human being.
    I would love to hear your music. If there is any way, I could get to the concert you will be doing for Haitian relief, I will be there.
    I spent the best year and a half of my youth in my Petionville home. Going to the Petionville School and riding my âness Suzette through the forests and ravines. I knew Haiti in 1957-1958 pre Papa Doc and I will always keep The Haitian Peoples kind sprit deep in my heart.
    I know I went on and on etc. but I told my story so I could share my love for HAITI and STEVIE with the world hoping that everyone on the planet catches a bit of that love and opens up their minds and pockets to help rebuild HAITI.

February 18, 2010 at 11:56 am |
  9. Han G Thesobs

Why is it when "celebrities" do things like this, just moments later you can hear MORONS being aired by so-called "NEWS" stations calling celebrities BAD, perverted, immoral, and lying PEOPLE. During Katrina, Sean Penn? Madonna? Angelina Jolie? Bono? Iraq? 9-11 Investigation? Haiti? Willie Nelson? Mellencamp?

Ever wonder what "allowed" the republicans to destroy America and the world's economies so relatively quickly? 2 things: ZERO ethics in 95% of the media, and 2nd, 99% Greed. With this latest Supreme Court decision, ALL politicians will become 100% corporate shills. The "MEDIA" will get paid billions of TAX-DEDUCTIBLE dollars to AIR propaganda to convince people to vote AGAINST their own welfare.

February 19, 2010 at 12:50 pm |