Today on CNN Newsroom

February 21st, 2010

Coming Up on this CNN Sunday Morning...

The NAACP has named 44-year-old Roslyn Brock as its new chairman of the board. She's the youngest person to hold that position. She joins us in the 7 o'clock ET hour.

The nation's governors are huddling in Washington for their annual conference. They've already released a report warning states haven't seen the worst of the recession yet. We'll have a live report in the 8 o'clock ET hour.

The Conservative Political Action Conference wrapped up its annual meeting in Washington Saturday. Take a look at who CPAC delegates chose as the candidate they'd like to see challenge Pres. Obama in 2012.

A day after Tiger Woods admitted straying from his Buddhist faith, the Dalai Lama commented on Woods' extra marital affairs. We'll tell you what he had to say.

Join Betty Nguyen with Rob Marciano in for TJ Holmes on this CNN Sunday morning, beginning 6am ET/ 3am PT.

Filed under: CNN Newsroom
  1. Jim D

Glenn beck was right on the money in calling out the progrssives in both parties for attempting to remake America into a new kind of Hybrid Socialist State. i have to agree with Glenn when he calls Progressivism a cancer becaise the more I read about the progressive movement the more that I see they are the ones who want to limit freedom not conservitves.

It was also great to see a large conservitive youth movement starting to build in this country.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
    Declaration of Independence

Happiness Is Not Guaranteed Nor should it ever be because with out struggle there is no reward.

February 21, 2010 at 5:55 am |
  2. Luke Durkind

I would definitely vote for Ron Paul, he is a different kind of republican and exactly what American is looking for a responsible politician that looks to uphold the rules the founding fathers set for us with good reason. If he decides to focus on the issues the American people would like to focus on such as energy, economics and health care, he could easily win.

February 21, 2010 at 6:10 am |
  3. Jim D

Would I vote for Ron Paul over Obama or Clinton yes!

I would much rather see a Sen. Jim DeMint or Rep Paul Ryan run.

February 21, 2010 at 6:10 am |
  4. Nathan Nevada

The Eternal warfare and debt policies of the Neo-Cons have been soundly rejected. America is now going to make a comeback.

America you do not have to live in Terror any more. You can restore Freedom and prosperity to The States by voting for the man who has told us the truth all along.

A NEW HOPE RON PAUL 2012

February 21, 2010 at 7:15 am |
  5. Suite for Ma Dukes Orchestra

That Hip Hop Orchestra isn't doing anything new.

Suite for Ma Dukes Orchestra

February 21, 2010 at 7:35 am |
  6. bob ransom, mesa, az

RE: 96 hour rule report: what happened to the captain who was given a general discharge. a follow-up report on him might be of interest.

February 21, 2010 at 8:29 am |
  7. DJ

I just watched the interview with the two Governors with Candy Crowley. It seems to me that congress could take a few well needed lessons from these two Governors on getting along and getting the job done...TOGETHER!!!!

February 21, 2010 at 12:25 pm |
  8. Liz Carter-Dec, Ga

I voted for Obama and will vote for him again, if he runs; but if I was of the Republican Persuasion on the handling of certain issues, I would be compelled to vote for Ron Paul! I like him! I told people 3 years ago that the man had more going on than the rest of his counterparts, way back then! To me, he should have been the Republican Candidate running against Barack Obama! I thought he was more qualified than any of the rest of the smooth talkers, who ran against him! John McCain certainly couldn't touch Ron Paul on the issues! He had a great down-to- earth sense of duty to the American People and it seems he still does! Paul still has good sence ideas on how to implement new and better ways of making changes happen! He is full of experience and wisdom. He is courteous and I believe he could make a good leader! Obama would have had a tougher time had he ran against Ron Paul. They are so much alike to me! They both genuinely love their country and care about the plights of the 'little man'!

February 21, 2010 at 1:09 pm |