Today on CNN Newsroom

April 5th, 2010

What would you like to ask Tiger Woods?

GETTY IMAGES

GETTY IMAGES

Today is the first day of Masters week and Tiger Woods will take questions from the media in Augusta, Georgia. It will be just the third time he has spoken in public since driving his luxury SUV into a fire hydrant last year, sparking revelations of multiple affairs. Woods will take questions for about 30 minutes. Reporters can ask about anything – from his game to family life.

Our question: What would you like to ask Tiger Woods?

We’ll share some of your comments on air in the CNN Newsroom, 11am ET – 1pm ET.

Filed under: Tony Harris
  1. GUL FROM GEORGIA

Your personal life is surely not of any concern to us. That's between you and your wife. However, I would like to ask you this one question. Had it not been for that unfortunate accident, we would never have known and neither your dear beloved family, about the extramarital affairs you were engaged in,. Had you at any point along the course of these affairs, told yourself "I should stiop these, talk with my wife, and beg for forgiveness?"

April 5, 2010 at 8:15 am |
  2. bruno

My son loves golf (it isn't my bag personally , but when a boy wants to be active in sports I support him!!) and Tiger was the reason I started watching golf, (like many people) so respectfully, my question would be, " Are you proud of the example you have set for young impressionable men, especially with regard to respect for women and the sanctity of family ?" Thanks to CNN for providing a forum for civil discussion. 🙂

April 5, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  3. Jim

Some say this experience might not only make you a better person but a better golfer. How do you see it affecting your concentration on the golf course? Mental toughness and concentration always seemed to be what set you apart from other golfers.Obviously this will be on everyone elses mind who watches you play now.Can you block it out and hit the same shots you always have in pressure situations?

April 5, 2010 at 8:35 am |
  4. sandy creed

Concentrate and play the best golf ever. Keep your family close and your personal life out of the news. I, personally find it sad that we find it necessary to comment on a celebrity's marriage, especially when it is to say how unusual and unbelievable that some celebrity marriages last 25 or more years. I guess we expect our stars (male and female) to be unfaithful –no publicity is bad publicity???

April 5, 2010 at 8:55 am |
  5. NYCProducer

Golf Fans Won’t Be Seeing Red On Sundays – at least not worn by Tiger Woods. It seems that Woods attempts to rebuild the image behind his great golf has decided to change a number of elements surrounding his play. You can expect to see softer edges – a smile or two at his fans, pausing to sign autographs, more control when shots don’t go well, and a different look to go with a different demeanor. It will surely be a mild shock to look at the calendar and see Woods in anything other than red. But that’s what will happen – and that statement, as simple as it is, in this environment; at this point in time – will draw a line in the fairway, and start his new era. My guess is that it will be a white shirt, but whatever color it is, it will give a new look to all his many golf victories to come. As for his personal victories, only time will show his true colors (I couldn’t resist).

April 5, 2010 at 8:59 am |
  6. Maurice Taplin (Jacksonville, NC)

My question is how is your game ready for Augusta? It is not about someones personal down falls that you guys in the media love to exploit for a fast buck. I know I'm not alone in this view so lets talk about something else.

April 5, 2010 at 9:08 am |
  7. Maurice (Jacksonville, NC)

Is there anyone else out there sick of hearing this mess other than myself?

April 5, 2010 at 9:10 am |
  8. michael armstrong sr.

I would like to ask Tiger if he thinks the media has become more like the K.G.B. with private citizens.

April 5, 2010 at 9:12 am |
  9. Butch Jordan

Tiger ...You had a problem in your life that you decided to confront and hopefully, you have faced it, and it's over.

Life will never be the same, and you will constantly be under the scrutiny of every news and media company known to man. We all know that they are, to say the very least, hostile and unrelenting.

Do you think that you can hold up to the constant questions and doubt that will follow you for the rest of your life? I guess my question is ...do you think that you and your wife can find peace in this hurricane that is blowing all around you?

I personally think that you are perhaps, the best golfer that has ever drawn a breath. Your exploits with a golf club absolutely amaze and astound me, and I confess, I am a fan.

I am also a fan of your marriage and what you have done to save it. It would have been so easy to just walk away, and say the hell with it. You stood up to the problems and you faced them because you loved your wife. I just hope the world recognizes that as well as your bad moments.

Life is a series of choices we have to make, and I think you made the right one. Many of us are pulling for you and Elan even more than pulling for you on the golf course ....

April 5, 2010 at 9:29 am |
  10. michael armstrong sr.

Most people out here in T.V. land dont give a care about how many girls Tiger has interviewed in the bedroom but if you ever catch someone of political purpose inquiring minds need to know .

April 5, 2010 at 9:36 am |
  11. Stanley Duett

Why are you giving the media so much control? I would not answer questions for anyone you did your job when you spoke out the first time.

April 5, 2010 at 9:46 am |
  12. Audrey Fryer

I wouldn't ask him any question – I would ask the "media" a question, When are you going to trash the "women" that were chasing after a married man and make them accountable for what they have done?

April 5, 2010 at 9:53 am |
  13. Scott Stodden

I for one am no fan of Tiger Woods at all I think he's disgusting and a pig no matter what! However, I would like to ask how he could not just sleep around on his wife not just once or with one woman but like Jesse James with a whole slew of women? He has a lovely wife who loves him and kids as well, What in his mind triggered him to do this and why should I support him at the Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta, Georgia!

Scott Stodden (Freeport,Illinois)

April 5, 2010 at 10:04 am |
  14. Ed

Why is Gary mcCord of CBS not welcome at Augusta following his comment concerning the putting surfaces having had a bikini wax and Woods be allowed in? It is certainly not money.
    Seems there's an ethical dichotomy.

April 5, 2010 at 10:07 am |
  15. Joe Joe scott

why would tiger cheat on his wife if he loved her?

April 5, 2010 at 10:07 am |
  16. Carolyn

Are you ready to amaze golfers again?

April 5, 2010 at 10:08 am |
  17. Tony

Tiger: why are you putting up with all these personal questions? Is it anyone's business but your own? Why not tell them all to pack sand?

April 5, 2010 at 10:09 am |
  18. Louise

Can we just move on??????? Enough is enough.

April 5, 2010 at 10:09 am |
  19. tom matti

Correction on Justin Bieber: He is 16 years old and drives a Range Rover. Justin was on Leno the other night..

April 5, 2010 at 10:09 am |
  20. don johnson

i would ask tiger....why haven't you told the greedy, nosy, miedia to kiss your ass and stay out of his business? Ask them, how many times have the members of the lowlife media have cheated on their wives or husbands.!!!

April 5, 2010 at 10:10 am |
  21. Matt Calhoun

Has this experience left you more humble? Will you be more courteous towards your fans in the gallery?

April 5, 2010 at 10:10 am |
  22. Maurice Colbert

Tiger, is anything short of a public flogging to "put you in your place" going to satisfy some of your critrics?

April 5, 2010 at 10:10 am |
  23. Kim

Do you think all of the attention that's being paid to your indiscretions is justified and at what point do you think it should stop?

April 5, 2010 at 10:11 am |
  24. Sivert Laurel MD

Why whould you put your good marriage in danger like that you know eventually you get caught with the press or your your wife and a golf club

April 5, 2010 at 10:11 am |
  25. siraj

why the media don't leave you alone? do you think or believe you owe them an explaination?

April 5, 2010 at 10:13 am |
  26. Darren

Why do you feel you need to explain what you have done to anyone. If you had the opportunity to ask someone who asked you a personal question, would you?

April 5, 2010 at 10:13 am |
  27. Nate Wright

Tiger, good afternoon, my concern is your stability on the course. Do you feel after the long stint of the public being more concerned about your personal life than you professional carrer, that you will be able to stay focused, and that the media will as well, on your gameplay and concentration. Thank you and good luck.

Cant wait to see you walk out on the course....its been too long.

April 5, 2010 at 10:14 am |
  28. Matt Calhoun

The next time you come to the Outer Banks of NC. I'd like to see if you could break the course record at The Pointe Golf Club (60). May I play in your foursome?

April 5, 2010 at 10:14 am |
  29. Himayet chowdhury

Hi I am a teen that is one of tiger woods biggest fan .

I would like to ask him who was his inspiration and which one of his family members does he think is going to follow his footsteps?

April 5, 2010 at 10:16 am |
  30. lenny taverna

I would say tiger we are all human and being human we make mistakes ,and all we can ask of him is to be the great father and husband we know he is and let him and his family workout there problems out of the media(,he who is without sin cast the first stone} let us just enjoy your golf game thats all you owe us!!!!!!!

April 5, 2010 at 10:18 am |
  31. Donald

I would ask Tiger if he is ready to win and not just play in The Masters. That is what is really important. Everything else will eventually fade away. His sports accomplishments are what he will be historically known for. Case and point Kobe Bryant.

April 5, 2010 at 10:22 am |
  32. Sivert (Laurel,MD)

Most people will be skeptic about tiger but he can do it but it won't be the same. My question is to Tiger do you think you can get back your fans or go home

April 5, 2010 at 10:24 am |
  33. Pat

I would not ask him anything. I believe he is a sick person.He is addicted to sex instead of drugs and acholol .He needs help. Let the first person without sin cast the first stone. There is none. Let it be over.I still care for him and pray that he can get his life back.

April 5, 2010 at 10:25 am |
  34. Melanie McDonald

I thought Kyra's comment that suggested fans had booed Tiger at The Masters when she said, "oops that hasn't happened yet," was totally unprofessional. The first rule of journalism is keep your personal opinions to yourself and she clearly was showing hers and almost encouraging fans to boo the athlete that has contributed tremendously to the game of golf. He has increased the number of fans,contributed to the competition of the sport, the number of people who watch the game and ultimately made it a more profitable sport for all those who play the game. Whatever his personal problems you cannot take that and his talent for the game away from him.

It was a distateful comment and unprofessional in that it almost suggested that fans behave inappropriately.

April 5, 2010 at 10:27 am |
  35. T.C. Ralph

Frank Gifford, Michael Kennedy,Mike Bowers,Thomas Jefferson,Warren Harding,Franklin D. Roosevelt,Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy,Lyndon B. Johnson, Bill Clinton. my sisters former husband, at least four people I know (2 women, 2 men), The couple that lives down the street from me. Where do you think you rank in this list or does it really matter.

April 5, 2010 at 10:41 am |
  36. Barry Faulkner

Has he ever been on steroids or HGH and why did he see a Canadian doctor connected with illegal performance enhancing drugs? All professional sports are covering up the truth about this runaway problem. Congress should appoint an independent group to do all the testing.

April 5, 2010 at 10:43 am |
  37. Laura

Why didn't you use condoms? Do you consider your wife (and partners) to be only "objects" to the point that you don't even care if you gave them a deadly disease?

April 5, 2010 at 10:50 am |
  38. michael armstrong sr.

I would ask Tiger Woods which person he would rather be interviewed by Tony Harris or Nancy Grace .

April 5, 2010 at 10:52 am |
  39. Gary Mason

Have you been tested for drugs by the PGA? why the canadian doctor?

April 5, 2010 at 10:52 am |
  40. Denise

Nothing. I want to see more on the White House Easter Egg Hunt/ Fitness Party. Show at least 30 minutes.

April 5, 2010 at 10:52 am |
  41. Roger

Who cares about Tiger Woods?
    CNN is living in a fantasy Islands disconnected with reality.
    People are struggling to make the day end and CNN is asking stupid questions about this african guy.

April 5, 2010 at 10:52 am |
  42. Mark M

To Tiger:

You accepted literally: "Hundreds of Millions of Dollars" based on a legal contract that you would adhere to an ethics clause.

Since you violated the contract, will you return the money, or do you think you can re-neg AND act as though your issues are indeed private when you accepted hundreds of millions of dollars under the condition that you would remain ethical?

You should just kick the ball out of the rough from now on because while that is a violation of the rules, it is not a legal matter whether your sponsors go after you or not for your contractual violations.

April 5, 2010 at 10:53 am |
  43. Victoria

I would ask him to please not pay attention to any of the idiots judging and harassing him, They should all just leave him alone. These women, his wife included, got what they asked for. There is no way you are married to someone and have a close relationship and not know that something is going on. For those women he cheated with, too bad, don't date married men, you all got what you deserved. I have no sympathy for any of them. Tiger made a mistake, he should just ignore it all and move on. Can't wait to see him play golf, hope he does great.

April 5, 2010 at 10:53 am |
  44. Art in West Virginia

I would ask Tiger, honestly, if he thinks his private life and personal foibles are any of our business.

If the news media didn't make such a big deal out of it, we wouldn't have to be concerned about the message his private life sends to today's youth.

April 5, 2010 at 10:53 am |
  45. Don

It isn/t what question i would ask Tiger, it would be what i would tell him.

I would tell him to advise all the reporters that he has answered all the questions he is going to answer, and his private life is his and only his.

Ity's about time the media moves on to something different, and let Tiger and his wife and family work things out.

April 5, 2010 at 10:54 am |
  46. TheParableofSecrets

I would first Ask Tiger Woods the following: Tiger how are you feeling? Then I would ask, "How does it feel to play golf again?" I would leave his private and personal life, private. When we as people make mistakes, especially private mistakes that are huge. We learn so much about life, and people, the people we open up and share our hearts with in error. We learn not to cast our pearls before swine ( Matthew 7:6).

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

April 5, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  47. LaToya (Alabama)

I don't really watch golf but I do pay attention when Tiger is playing. I have never tried to put an athelete, celebrity or any man up on a throne. I want to be that roll model for my kids, just as my parents were for me. I would have to ask Tiger what will he tell his kids about this as they get older? Eventhough his kids are young now as they get older and he stays in the spotlight the media will still use this when others do the same thing...i.e Kobe was brought up when this came out. How do you explain it to your kids what daddy did was so wrong because they are going to try and look up to him because he is daddy.

April 5, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  48. joe

i would ask tiger what part of his game is going to suffer because of his layoff..i could careless about his private life

April 5, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  49. Dan

I would ask him if he was TRULY sorry for his ADULTERY, or if he was just sorry he got caught.
    You can call it sex addiction, a craving, whatever. Let's stop being politically correct and call it for what it is worth: ADULTERY.

April 5, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  50. Joe Joe scott

oh and does he has a sex addiction?

April 5, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  51. L Adams

Ask Mr.Gray when is the last time he sinned. Why do you people insist Tiger should tell us his business. How many times have any of you saints told the world what you have done. Do unto others as you would have others do to you.

April 5, 2010 at 10:56 am |
  52. Tina (Indiana)

I do not agree that it was Tiger's fault that he was portrayed as a "perfect role model" by accepting endorsements and encouraging the youth of the this world to golf. I believe that once the media train starts rolling, its hard to find yourself in all of the chaos. And Tiger lost himself..

My question would be: Can you for give the media for some of the distasteful coverage of your private life, become your own man, flawed but still a sports hero to most, and learn to be friends with "media' again?

April 5, 2010 at 10:56 am |
  53. Dennis Arkenberg

Tiger, Can you explain to an average person, how you could have that extreme champion focus on golf with all the side activity?

April 5, 2010 at 10:56 am |
  54. Lisa

My question to Tiger...
    How many other PGA golfers have and or are 'betraying' their wives while on tour?

April 5, 2010 at 10:57 am |
  55. Mike Ruiz

Any words to the women that were involved in your relationship.

April 5, 2010 at 10:57 am |
  56. June Jacobs

Only one qyestion needs to be asked. If he answers truthfully, everyone can figure out the rest. Ask Tiger where he was going (in such a hurry at 2:30 in the morning) the night of the accident.

April 5, 2010 at 10:59 am |
  57. Gwen

I don't have a question for Tiger Woods, but I do for you in the media:

Why don't you just drop the subject of Woods' personal life? Nobody cares except celebrity junkies and self-serving wankers like Jim Gray who think it will bolster their own sad little careers.

Pro tip – Try practicing journalism for a change.

April 5, 2010 at 11:00 am |
  58. Bob Davis

Tony,
    I wouldn't ask any thing about his personal problems. I would ask
    what he thinks his chances are to win the Masters. Tony,
    I don't subscribe to this "Sexual Addiction BS". It is only applied to the
    Rich and Famous. I knew some sailors when I was in the U. S.
    Navy that made Tiger Pale in comparison.

Bob Davis

April 5, 2010 at 11:01 am |
  59. Ronald Oates

I would like to ask Tiger .How do I get out of the sand .I cant get out of the sand.

April 5, 2010 at 11:01 am |
  60. joe

I will not ask him nothing.Rather i want to ask those guys who want to interview him to raise thier hand if they have no cheated on their spouse before. Leave the guy alone.

April 5, 2010 at 11:03 am |
  61. barbara rogenski

I'd ask Tiger Woods why doesn't he remind the world that he is a human being, and that he never asked anyone to look to him as a role model. As to the kids whose parents may have thought of him as a "perfect role model", those parents should have looked at themselves first – they should be their kids' role model.
    I'd also ask him why doesn't he remind everyone whatever he decides to tell his children in the future is nobody else's business.
    You've had Presidents screwing up, many other "celebreties" doing all sorts of things. There too many issues Americans and the rest of the world ought to be focused on. Instead, people are throwing needless energy into someone else's marital problems.

April 5, 2010 at 11:04 am |
  62. Mike

Why should anyone care about your personal life decisions?

April 5, 2010 at 11:06 am |
  63. Dorothy

I could care less about Tiger Wood's personal situation. News reporters and others claim to be asking these questions on behalf of the public. I'm counted in that "public" and I could care less. The only person Tiger Owes an apology and explanation to is his wife and mother. These women whom some feel is also owed an apology are due absolutely nothing. It is they who should be apologizing to his wife for deliberately going after HER for their own selfish personal gain. Why any of you would give them a platform to discuss these shameless hookups is beyound my comprehension. The lates of which is their Vanity Fair expose. The public should reject all of these attempts to capitalize upon these sordid affairs and stop buying these tabloid-style magazines and tune out all broadcast media dealing with this and other similar events.

April 5, 2010 at 11:06 am |
  64. c. teasdale

I would ask Woods, "When will you go away?"
    Then I would add, "Please, please go away, we're sick of hearing about you, and seeing you."

April 5, 2010 at 11:07 am |
  65. TheParableofSecrets

Are you willing to "Go Forward" and be faithful to your wife, and to your family? Tiger's answer will be yes, and I know his answer will come fro his heart. He had to grow, and his maturity came with a price concerning women. People will be kind to you that have secret agenda's and hidden motives, no matter how pretty, beautiful or truly ugly and unattractive. When you name is great, and your fame is great YOU ARE A TARGET FOR A GREAT FALL!

Let them pass you by, and stand away from them at at distance. Tiger must guard his inner private circle and journal. He need to keep a private journal. What is too hot for others to know...write it (journal) and burn it quickly. Everyone wants to live out a desire that can be deadly, if you vent it by writing it down, you will see the cost and the future cost. You can see your life on paper, before you engage in the act. I promise you. Once you write it down in private you will see how foolish and risky, and how terrible the people. Journaling helps you think more clearly before you perform the deed or act.

If you have any sagacity, you will catch the big picture, and save the reputation of your personal and private life.

April 5, 2010 at 11:07 am |
  66. Chris Carey

Tiger,

You say you are sorry.
    What are you more sorry about:
    -Hurting your wife
    -Hurting your mother
    -Hurting your image and losing some money in endorsements
    -Getting Caught so you have to stop it, at least for awhile?

You see, I once cheated on a GF. And the guilt I felt immediately afterwards was so much I felt so bad, that I never came close to doing it again. For a man to NOT feel that way, and to keep going on and on and on, with a diferent one, this one, that one... that tells me you have no conscience, and as a Buddist, you think you are your own God.

April 5, 2010 at 11:08 am |
  67. George

Between you infidelity, negative attitude toward photographers, media, and audience, how do you life with yourself?

April 5, 2010 at 11:08 am |
  68. Olivia Gordon

I don't have a question just words of encouragement. My belief is that we are born sinners and we must accept the love and grace of a God who sent His Son to die for us. To not accept this free gift woild be life altering. I encourage you, Tiger, to hold fast to your family. Love your wife with all your being. You made a commitment to her for life, now see it through. She can believe in you again. I believe this with all my heart. You are a good, decent person who made a mistake. To Elin, I would do not listen to the media, to what people say. I believe the media is evil. They are out to make money and they will do whatever it takes to get a story. Hold fast to Tiger. You have been betrayed and hurt deeper than you could have imagined. Fight back and save your marriage. Take one step, one day at the time. Trust can be found again. I am praying for each of you, for your relationship, your children and for healing but most of all for forgiveness. That is why we just celebtated the Easter Season. Never forget that.

April 5, 2010 at 11:08 am |
  69. SolonVet53

Tiger Woods' private life is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS – – he owes no explanation to the public – – at all!!

April 5, 2010 at 11:10 am |
  70. June Jacobs

Only one question needs to be asked. If he answers truthfully, everyone can figure out the rest. Ask Tiger where he was going (in such a hurry at 2:30 in the morning) the night of the accident.

April 5, 2010 at 11:10 am |
  71. bethena

I would ask Tiger to stop trying to please you the media, stop answering question and get on about the business of golf it is none of our business. Those women new he was married but still choose to sleep with him.

April 5, 2010 at 11:11 am |
  72. Dean Andrew Kantis

I would ask Tiger Woods, "why haven't you come clean about your problems with LASIK...Don't you feel you have a responsibility to tell the public the truth about LASIK...now's a good time to come clean Tiger!"

April 5, 2010 at 11:13 am |
  73. Lori

Everyone!!! Hear this,,,Leave Tiger alone right now,,do you want to mess up his game,,,that is why we are all here is to see the game,,right,,,nothing to do with his,hers,anyones (personal life) come on y'all let him play he owes no one but himself and that I say is punishment enough. LETS PLAY GOLF!!!!!!

April 5, 2010 at 11:13 am |
  74. Chris Carey

Eldrick,

Since you make tens of millions on your image to the fans, is it fair to say that you owe the fans a refund, or an apology?

April 5, 2010 at 11:14 am |
  75. Terry Morrow

I have no question for Tiger Woods.
    My question is for CNN: Why do you waist air time on this man? Boring. People with a life would rather hear about anything else already.
    This guy plays golf (boring) cheats on his wife (loser) is simply put, embarrassing and common.
    Leave this story for ESPN. We want news CNN.

April 5, 2010 at 11:16 am |
  76. TONY WHITESIDE

Tiger, How Would You Feel If We Spent 100 Thousand Dollars Checking On The Lives Of These Media People To Find All The Dirt On Them?
    The Time Has Reach For These Tiger Woods Mistress To Pay For Their 15 Minutes Of Fame.
    The People Who Are Frustrating Tiger, From Earning A Living For His Family.
    Tiger Has Admitted And Apologized His Transgressions To His Wife And That Is Enough. He Owes Nothing To Anyone Else.

The People Connected To The Golf Business Who Lost Their Jobs, Golf Clubs Who Had To Closed, Pro Golfers Who Suffer From Prizes In Tournaments, Playing In A Major Championship With The Distractions Of Having To Comment On Woods, Sponsors, Local Advertisers At Sites Of Golf Matches, Sellers Of Memorabilia’s, All The People In The Golfing Business Who Have Been Hurt By These Women
    People Who Lost Money Join With Me And Others In A Class Action Law Suit For One ($ 1,000,000,000.00) Billion Dollars Against Vanity Fair & Others, The Sponsors Who Paid For These Shows Broadcast To The Public And All Of The Mistress.

April 5, 2010 at 11:17 am |
  77. L Adams

I don't recall Tiger ever telling us he was perfect, i never thought him perfect. Least we forget we are all sinners, God bless you Tiger, you have done more good in this world, than any of your critics or the media that hound you!

April 5, 2010 at 11:18 am |
  78. Carol

Frankly, I am sick of hearing about Tiger Woods. There are far more important issues to cover.

April 5, 2010 at 11:20 am |
  79. Warren S

All golf related matters aside. What is one of your biggest fears going into Master's competition?

April 5, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  80. Linda49er

I guess if people didn't talk about people we wouldnt need the newspapers, magazines, nor the media. I feel Tiger made a mistake but does it really affect our lives? If you raise your children right then they should understand there are bumps in roads you travel. NO ONE is perfect. Many act like this will hurt our children who made Tiger their idol. What about Tiger's children when they grow up and read all this about their father? I know news is important but dragging these stories out only adds salt to the wounds.

I have noticed one thing the women these men (Woods, James, Sen Ewards, etc) pick aren't as pretty as their wifes, and happens to rich people. Money doesn't buy happiness it creates problems. We see what it does in our society....cheating, alcohol and drug addiction, overdoses.

Tiger made a mistake and he is paying for it....let them move on.

April 5, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  81. Axtionjaxon

Tony, This is not a press conference being given by Tiger. It is a Masters event being given by the tournement to talk about GOLF. So put aside all of your tawdry questions please. Living in Atlanta.

April 5, 2010 at 11:46 am |
  82. Jason

I wouldn't ask him anything – who cares?!?
    He cheated, he apologized, went to therapy, and he and his wife are PRIVATELY working through their issues; Period, end of story.

The better question is why is there a Bomb Threat in Kansas City, MO at a Federal Building that sent everybody home for the day. And I’ve not heard anything about it on CNN. I think this is a much more important story than Tiger Woods.

Let Tiger Woods play, work, and move on to more important things. PLEASE!

April 5, 2010 at 11:51 am |
  83. Sheila

Talk about beating a dead horse... It is beyond me why the media - all branches: news, entertainment, gossip - continue to sensationalize this unfortunate event in a young couple's lives. There is nothing more for Tiger to say; he owe's the media no more information; he owe's no one else an apology; he's going 'back to work,' let him.

I'd ask a golf question - just like the ones asked when he was off for several months with his knee.

April 5, 2010 at 11:59 am |
  84. bethena

I would like to say to Tiger stop answering question about his personal life to please you the media and get on about the business of golf. Those women knew he was married when they slept with him they are worst than he is. Tiger need to focus on his wife children and mother at this time. "Beth" Alabama

April 5, 2010 at 12:00 pm |
  85. Shelby from Orlando

Do you think that this scandal has affected your physical ability to play golf? GO TIGER

April 5, 2010 at 12:01 pm |
  86. Alan - Belleville IL

What were you thinking? Your fatther would be very disappointed. Well, you made your mark on both ends of the spectrum!

April 5, 2010 at 12:01 pm |
  87. Richard Green

I would not ask him anything. It's done and over...I don't recall us dragging Governor Sanford or Senator Stevens through the mud for months like this. Is there anything else to report on...how many people died today due to wartime hostilities, healthcare reform, etc.
    When Tiger returns, he's going to pick up where he left off...as a superior professional golfer.

April 5, 2010 at 12:02 pm |
  88. Denis Shelston

Who's bright idea was it to have this so-called public apology a month or so ago? It was bad, real bad. Let's hope this one is genuine...

April 5, 2010 at 12:02 pm |
  89. Liz Ryan, NYC

Why did you get married???

April 5, 2010 at 12:03 pm |
  90. Don Wilson

I think you should ask Tiger Woods if he would answer all of the news questions in one sit down if everyone left him alone past that point. But we are talking NONE of the 'that's private' answers .. bear it all, answer all the questions no matter how painful they may be.. get it over with and move back to being a legend in the golf world.

Tiger needs to remember he can not turn on and off being in front of the public. You can't just have the audience when everything is going well. You have to take the fame with the good and the bad.

Don

April 5, 2010 at 12:03 pm |
  91. Maureen - New Mexico

I would not ask Tiger , a question. I don't know him, I enjoy watching
    Him when he golfs, I don't believe it's right to judge Him unless you are close to him. I believe anyone who doesn't know Tiger personally , should mind their own business.. I am looking forward
    watching him play this week....

April 5, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
  92. Denis Shelston

Tiger! – time to move on – you only need to apologize to your wife and friends. No one else. Now, let's get back to golf.

April 5, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
  93. Lynn W..

If you are free of Sin cast the first stone.....if you are not leave him alone..

Report news not personal lives the only one really hurt here is his wife he must mend this with her not you or me he does not sleep with us..........

April 5, 2010 at 12:05 pm |
  94. Brian

Unfortunately the focus will be on the "spectacle" Tiger Woods and
    not the "Golfer".
    In time, the focus will be shifted to another "wayward" celeb.
    and we will put Tiger's indiscretions behind us.

April 5, 2010 at 12:05 pm |
  95. M. Hughes

With infidelity almost being a national past time, I am tired of this news story. It really sounds like you all want to break up his family or perhaps want details that are none of your business. Leave Tiger and his family alone. He apologized. already and that is enough.

April 5, 2010 at 12:07 pm |
  96. Jim

I don't want to ask Tiger anything, I just want it to STOP.
    Is there nothing you think might be more impotant to report on?
    I used to have huge respect for CNN, but now you even have poor Wolf Blitzer reporting this stuff. I would think the real reporters would be gagging on this junk news.

April 5, 2010 at 12:09 pm |
  97. Judith Kaiser

Leave him alone. Let him do what he does best {play golf}.
    There has been many before him, from the presidency, govenors and clergy. Including all of the ones we don't know of.

April 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm |
  98. karon simpson

I would ask Tiger Why is it so important for people to know your personal facts, When we had a President who was allowed to remain in office, and continue to lie about it. LOVE TIGER yes he made mistakes but we live here on earth, not in heaven.

April 5, 2010 at 12:16 pm |
  99. Lana Barnes

I don't have a question for Tiger Woods. My question is for CNN regarding TW............is today a slow news day or what? WHO cares about every move in this guy's life? He is a professional golfer, period. He's not a hero, certainly not a role model, or anything else of merit. He's just an excellent golfer who seems to have an excess of money, an over abundance of leisure time, and bankrupt family relationships.
    Enough, already!

April 5, 2010 at 12:21 pm |
  100. joey

I don't have a question to ask tiger today. But I would like to know why the women envolved in all aren't catching some of the heat. they all knew he was a married man and he was a golf pro. he isn't the only person in the world that likes sex. that is part of life, everybody makes mistakes.

April 5, 2010 at 1:02 pm |
  101. Rick

I would ask Tiger Woods why a world news leader like CNN is using about 37% of their air time to talk about something that really doesn't matter to most of us!!! there's Iraq,Afganastan,Iran,The Vatican,money ,lack of jobs,suicide,earthquakes,mine disasters,bad weather and who knows what else? but no CNN GIVE US MORE TIGER! GET REAL He's a sleaze

April 5, 2010 at 1:07 pm |
  102. Ginger Snap

Tiger,
    1. Are you so brain-washed that you find white women
    that attractive?
    2. Do you realie that the general public has lost respect
    for you and find anything you've said since your marital
    beatdown lacks sincerity and credibility?
    Truly,
    Ginger

April 5, 2010 at 1:09 pm |
  103. Sandra Thorpe

Tiger you are human, your personal life is No One's business.. if the media would stay out of yur personal business you would be fne.
    Your still thee best golfer ever, please don't let this get you down.
    Everyone makes mistakes, stay on track with your Family and you will be fine. 🙂

April 5, 2010 at 1:20 pm |
  104. penney wedbetter

If you don't win the masters......which i suspect will happen........then will you actually finish your rehab and work on your marriage? Frankly i am very tired of hearing how all you rich and famous men just cant keep your parts in your pants. Leave golf and finish rehab. this is your only option.

my name is penney

April 5, 2010 at 1:28 pm |
  105. L Adams

Roland has it right, you people in the media don't want it to be over, that's how you get paid commenting on others peoples misery. Go to work and find some other fallen person you can exploit, you parasites. Mans sins should not be news, when you visit the gutter you have to reside there to get your story, what does that make you but gutter rats wallowing in the filths, and sin of mankind. Poor You!

April 5, 2010 at 2:04 pm |
  106. Claudia, Houston, Tx

I have sinned in more ways than one. Why is your sin considered bigger than mine outside of being a celebrity.

April 5, 2010 at 2:05 pm |
  107. L Adams

I'm getting so sick of the 24/7 media, biased, hypocritical, self righteous, holier than thou so called reporting of the news, how do you people look at your selves in the mirror, how about lets take a look at your lives, oh what would we find. What we need is an expose of the people in the media to see what we can dig up, i can only guess,

April 5, 2010 at 2:19 pm |
  108. Richard Green

Thank you Maureen from New Mexico and a few others...it's his business. We can enjoy watching him play golf...or not. By the way, I meant to say Senator John Edwards vice Stevens.

April 5, 2010 at 2:23 pm |
  109. Scott

Tiger answers the accident question the way that his high priced lawyers have told him to respond. Come on folks he has a right to remain silent, he could still be charged if he gets on TV and admits something. People should learn from that and exercise that right more often.

April 5, 2010 at 2:23 pm |
  110. Oil Man

I think Roland Martin is absolutely right!!! Tiger Woods winning will help put him back in the heart, soul and minds of all Americans... I for one who have been a fan of golf since my great grandfather years and years ago! My kids and and grandkids have "Never" watched "GOLF" until "Tiger" Started playing... Until then, it was only us older guys watching golf... So, the ultimate question for the media who has a problem with him is this: Can You Live with the Idea of Tiger" Not Playing Golf..???????”: Let me be Proactive and answer that one: NO! NONE OF CAN...! It's a part of American History to stand behind the Great One's even during their most out of the ordinary times!! Now, I would also like to add that a bulk of the stock holders within my oil company would tell you that: All, Tiger did was show that he's human, but at the end of the day, they're Still a Fan of This Young Man!!! We would like to summarize this in our dirty oil man's hands if you will: Did he kill anyone...? 2. Did he use cocaine...?? 3.) Did he go against our country...??? Now, if you answered "NO" TO ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS...! Then, you should still be a fan of this incredible golfer!! BECAUSE WE SURE ARE!!! WE HOPE HE WINS THE MASTERS AND BEYOND IN LIFE AS WELL...!!!! GOOD LUCK YOUNG TIGER!!!
    Signed: Oil Man...(GO TEXAS)*

April 5, 2010 at 2:26 pm |
  111. Louise

I don't have a question for Tiger but I have one for the media. Why do you feel he has to answer to you? humble? lWhy are you continuing to beat a dead horse? The media IS NOT entitled to know what happen in his home between him and his wife. The police department was content with what happen based on their investigation.

April 5, 2010 at 3:22 pm |
  112. Louise

My question is for the media. Why do you feel Tiger needs to be humble? Should I read between the line?

April 5, 2010 at 3:23 pm |
  113. George Ruecktenwald

To Jane Velez-Mitchell, I am sorry to hear your response to Tiger Woods’ press conference today. You were very critical of journalists because they didn’t ask questions about extra-marital sex details.

What are you searching for? His mistakes are already known information. Are you looking for the “dirt” details? That is not “Headline News”. That is scum.

You appear to have a lack of understanding for someone who has made mistakes. You seem to want to dig up more dirt. I feel bad about Headline News and society if that is your job.

You mentioned the fact that you’ve had problems in the past. Because of your problems do you have the right to probe way beyond the “news” facts.

Today on TV you behaved like a “nut case”.

I believe Tiger Woods made tragic mistakes. I don’t know if he can ever have the public’s trust again, but it shouldn’t be your job to crucify him. He has already admitted to mistakes.

I am sorry to hear that you’ve had problems, my thoughts are with you in a positive way.

April 5, 2010 at 3:29 pm |
  114. Chuck Lentine

I'd ask him, You have a very sexy wife and young children, what made you want to risk all that?

April 5, 2010 at 4:37 pm |
  115. Judith

Being a master of the game of sports competition, at what time did you realize (if at all) , that your beautiful wife Elin was the perfect person to bear your children and raise them well with great moral standards,and had been presented to you by a real friend, in your circle ,not picked up on a barstool ,or a noisy lounge in Vegas,also known here as "meat factories" .

Without ever speaking to Elin I see that she has the quiet bearing of a European woman and a playful clean outlook on life. To top it off, I would ask, when a woman carries and delivers to you a son that you can mentor in golf someday and a little princess who looks like you both , does she need to be a dominatrix in bed as well!!

No matter what you achieve in future, I think ,as a man, you have failed miserably in judgement of women.

Judith ( former real fan) Las Vegas Nevada

April 5, 2010 at 4:43 pm |
  116. Hannah

I would say.... Do you have any regrets.. any hard feelings about you cheeting on your wife?? He didn't just cheet on his wife.. he cheeted on his kids.. and his whole family!

April 5, 2010 at 8:29 pm |
  117. RINA from Florida

Lets face it! We wish that incident never happen! However Once a WINNER ALWAYS A WINNER!!! GOOD LUCK At the Masters TIGER!!!

April 5, 2010 at 9:44 pm |
  118. Ann Wright

Tiger Woods,
    Please, that's enough! If they wanted to know so much about your sex life, they should have followed you. Don't answer another question, let it be.

Your or your wife don't need to be reminded of your sex life. This is the first time, I have ever heard of anything like this. No one I know have ever had to go on TV and talk about how much ass they have had. Don't feel bad, you are not the first one, just more publicized.

THEY DOING IT BECAUSE YOU ARE BLACK!

Maybe you should have celebrated Black History Month. No, I am not white, just a little lighter than you.

April 5, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  119. Karen

We really have so much more to be concerned about than what happened with Tiger Woods every day....LET IT GO!

April 6, 2010 at 5:48 am |
  120. sal signorelli

i don;t care about tiger woods he;s just a liar,liar ,liar the guy is messed up in he;s head , i feel for he;s family that;s it just tell the truth tiger

April 6, 2010 at 7:01 am |
  121. OZ

Tiger, will you please just apologize to your fans, especially the little ones, and then move on? The USA is the biggest, smartest but dumbest country on the planet when it comes to common sense. So many just want to see blood and guts and hear about salacious affairs. Whether they knew about your up stroke or your down stroke it will add nothing to justify the public's or media's gossip frenzy about you, next questions would be, how long, how short, etc? Even if Tiger never did anything wrong he would not be my hero, or any other celebrity that does not know me. If you want a hero America, first look in family, friends and then our wonderful military (do not have to know them personally) who are keeping our freedom for the USA to worry about bull^%$. Military personnel dying, losing families and possessions, economy in a rut people losing their life savings and all we can worry about is Tiger Woods, Sandra Bullock, etc, who cares. SAD SAD SAD. As Faldo said on TV, “Tiger should just get on Privacy with his family and sail off to a private island and then see who the public would have to talk about. He doesn’t need the dough and he can live without professional golf. “ Proud to be an American and my Black heritage with a life, and NO, there is not one celebrity in it, no room, it is filled with happiness. Also proud to have served this great nation for 45 yrs and 10 months in federal service (26 military)

April 6, 2010 at 8:29 am |
  122. Elmer S.

I think that the media should leave Tiger woods alone and stay out of his personal life, Golf doesn't have anything to do with his sex life.

April 6, 2010 at 10:09 am |
  123. Ziggy

I'd like to ask him if he didn't get into an accident and caught in the act of infidelity would he still be unfaithful? (My guess is, yes he would until he was caught.)

April 6, 2010 at 10:32 am |
  124. Jim

Is Tiger Woods not the best golfer on the face of this planet?

Do I need to know anything about Tiger's personal life?

Let this man be! Why are we obsessed with knowing about his personal life! If I was the best anything on the face of this planet there would still be things in my closet that I would not want the world to know about–and it's no one's business.

I am saddened, nay disgusted, by the media's quest for dirt...

April 6, 2010 at 10:43 am |
  125. Alex Lotoski

What would I like to ask Tiger Woods? Hmmmmm. Actually nothing. I do not have the thirst for learning about his personal life such as the media has. I really can't believe that CNN has taken it this far. As I have said before, "Find something else to do." Oh, by the way, I recently learned that Ms. Cho had an illicit affair with John King. Now folks, lets put that one up in lights.

April 7, 2010 at 9:48 am |
  126. Dean Parpart

Why did you corrupt so many women? Were you trying for a record?
    You'll never surpass the basketball player...

April 7, 2010 at 1:20 pm |
  127. Lois McDade

I think that the making of this commercial may have been the hardest thing Tiger has ever had to do.ot something I envy, my Father was the final word on everything in the first 25 years of the lives of all 7 children. When you consider that Dad died when I was just 19, it puts a lot of perspective on my fathers word. It can be no less for Tiger. My heart breaks for Tiger and for his family.

April 8, 2010 at 9:01 am |
  128. vicky

I've never done this before but I felt lead to comment about the question of the comercial on Tiger Wood and his father talk to him about what going on in his life. I must admit it brought me to tear because if his father could talk to him that would be what he would ask and the fact that a lot of people fill if his father was here he would have kept him grounded. I wish him and his family the best.

April 8, 2010 at 9:08 am |
  129. reanetta

love tiger, love golf, tiger makes golf, don't care what he does, its his business, nike needs to be cool,their commerical was very disgusting and strange, let the dead rest in peace,nike will lose my money on golf shoes(any other goods) if they're not careful, let it rest, tiger i'll be watching the masters only because of you because golf is nothing without you, keep your head, and play a good game today, many people love you more than you realize!!!

April 8, 2010 at 9:10 am |
  130. P. James

My question for Tiger would be, why did you allow Nike to use the memory of your late father to make a commercial? What were you trying to accomplish by bringing your late father into the controversy that surrounds you?

April 8, 2010 at 9:15 am |
  131. bob graham/highlands ranch, co

Tony, You do realize that nothing is something only if you make it so. Constant hashing and rehashing is not good for viewers as many rise to anger so easily now...Personally? I am real tired of the facial expressions of joy by those who may or may not lead better lives, as they try to be the ONE who knocks someone clear out of contention...Media bullying???I think so..

April 8, 2010 at 10:49 am |
  132. Joan Bailey

Not a question but a thought, there is a historical answer to the Tiger situation "let he who is with out sin cast the first stone" the author of this quote is the ultimate authority and it was concerning sexual misconduct.

April 9, 2010 at 9:35 am |
  133. Gina

It really makes me sick how much the Media covers the lives of " Hollywood and Athletes " it is not anyone's business what they do or what goes on in their marriage!! With everything going on in America it amazes me this is what people are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 15, 2010 at 7:05 am |