Today on CNN Newsroom

April 18th, 2010

Airline Fees: Your thoughts

Spirit Airlines' $45 fee for carry-on bags is the latest move in airline surcharges. There are already fees for blankets, pillows, extra leg room, bags that are too heavy, too large, sandwiches, headsets and wi-fi. A lot of passengers are saying enough is enough.

Mergers, bankruptcies, reorganizations, layoffs... The airline industry is hurting. And they have to find some way to offset rising costs without raising ticket prices. What do you suggest?

Leave your comments below. We may use some of them later this morning.

Post by:
Filed under: CNN Newsroom
  1. cyril

That's what d new economy needs.cut cost to survive!!!!

April 17, 2010 at 5:04 am |
  2. Oussama

As much as I hate fees especially bag fees,Spirit recognized what I and others have been saying all along. The traveling public moved their bags from the belly of an aircraft to the overhead bin and bag into belly cargo at the time of actual boarding of the aircraft. This has caused disruption during boarding and led to some delays.

Do I support a bag fee, NOOOO., just put it in the price of the ticket where it always have bee. Airlines did not reduce ticket prices when they introduced the fees, they double charged.

If the airlines want extra revenue then work efficiently and productively. Do what SWA does, be good to your customers. If all that creativity that has gone into inventing new fares has gone into improving processes and customer care, the airlines would have been better of in the long term.

April 17, 2010 at 6:59 am |
  3. Karsten Jonsen

Karsten Jonsen wonders if the black ash story from the Icelandic vulcano isn't just hot air? Has anybody actually seen it? How do we know it's there? Is it a lie like the weapons of mass destruction? Or could it be the Vatican church trying to select a new Pope but they could not agree on finally choosing a woman?

April 17, 2010 at 7:09 am |
  4. crab fisherman from washington state

Good interview with Spirit Airlines.You showed more restraint than I would have.The airlines,and their pricing policies have gotten way out of control.Wish you would have chewed this guy and his industry up and spit him out.Try flying to Dutch Harbor, AK if you want to see ridiculous and the insane.

April 17, 2010 at 8:12 am |
  5. Rick

I agree with Spirit Airlines. The intent stated on the program is that it takes less time to load the plane when smaller bags are brought onboard. I hate it when somepeople drag a huge "carry-on" onto the plane, and can't even lift it up to the overhead bin. If you can't "lift" you shouldn't "carry." In any case, all large items should be checked. If it can't fit under the seat, they should not let it onboard. Forget about charging extra for it! Next time I fly I will try Spirit.

April 17, 2010 at 8:15 am |
  6. Tim Kuhn

With two wars going on and the economy in the dumper, I can't believe some representatives are spending time regulating how much airlines charge us for carry on bags. this is a perfect example of Government stickign their noses where they don't need to. A free market economy will take care of fees like this, by allowing frequent fliers, like myself, to choose what airline we will fly.

Washington needs to get their priorities in line and realize we don't expect them to sovle ever little issue in our lives.

April 17, 2010 at 8:17 am |
  7. Terry Shewchuk

TJ ...Do you really need all that stuff on board?
    Are you so afraid of flying that you may need that second or third set of underwear?

Oh, and sure it is about making money.
    Should airline be run by donations?

April 17, 2010 at 8:17 am |
  8. Celia Oblinger

I cannot believe that you had the perfect chance to ask the perfect question! The CEO of Spirit said that it was all about giving the customer the choice of a less expensive (by $40.00) ticket or agreeing to help them reduce the carry-ons. Well, why don't NOT raise the price of their tickets – and then give the customer a $40.00 discount for NOT taking on an oversized carry-on. Now, that is REAL customer choice – not the "smoke and mirrors" that Spirit's CEO was talking about...

April 17, 2010 at 8:18 am |
  9. Karen

TJ, You are wrong, I would fly Spirit if it eliminates some of these people with carry ons. It takes so much time to board and deplane because of all these people with bags that don't fit and are stuffed in the overheads. Even if I have one bag I check it just to eliminate that nonsense. I say great idea. It doesn't take much time to get your luggage after the flight. By the time you get off and to the luggage area most times it is there. Yippe an airline with some sense.

April 17, 2010 at 8:18 am |
  10. chuck (atlanta)

as a frequent flyer, I enjoy the exempt status of fees, if I ever get a job that doesn't require travel I will miss that luxury, I think enough is enough and just don't nickel and dime the public to death

April 17, 2010 at 8:18 am |
  11. Al Sergio

Why don't you ask the question of Sprit Airline the reason for keeping their tricket price low is to complete with internet online business. It's not about customer satisfication.

April 17, 2010 at 8:19 am |
  12. Pam

I think it s a great move by Spirit Airlines to charge for carry on baggage!! I hope other airlines will do the same. I check my bags due to the convenience of not having to worry about liquids etc. It takes a LONG TIME to board the plane now because we have to wait for everyone to cram all their carry on's into the overheads!! We wait, and wait, and often the plane is delayed because people are bringing everything on board now!! When we leave the plane its the same thing. Waiting and waiting for everyone to get their carry on's out of the bends. It is out of control since their is a charge for check in bags.
    Consumers want discounts and "cheap " tickets but they don't understand that in the long run it always comes back to us with fee.
    Thanks Spirit for taking the lead to CHARGE for carry on baggage. Now maybe the planes can get out on time and people will stop the overhead craming bags situation.

April 17, 2010 at 8:19 am |
  13. cynthia cutcliff

In the Sat. AM interview with the Spirit President, you did not reference the fact that they charge for seats! $12 for an aisle, $10 for window and $8 for the middle seat. The Spirit president indicated that would not charge passengers for essentials on a flight, well isn't a seat pretty essential?

April 17, 2010 at 8:20 am |
  14. Ana

I want to know how much Baldanza has to pay for checked bags...being the fact that he is now the industries largest douche-bag for charging carry on bags. This is going to drive everyone with large families or on a budget to fly other commercial flights. If this catches on, the American population will either drive to their national destinations or stop traveling all together; therefore, the economy will be greatly impacted as well! Thank you once again "money-grubber" Baldanza.

April 17, 2010 at 8:21 am |
  15. Eva Marie

This is robbery!!!!!! Everyone who travels needs to bring baggage with them. They have forced us to bring our bags on the Plane because they charge if you check your bags. Now they want to force us to pay for that.. I know I will not support this and fellow travelers need to take a stand and not accept this!!!!!!

Enough is enough!!!!!!!!!

April 17, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  16. WCS

I recently flew on a small commuter plan, checked my bag for $23 and had to sit next to a person's whose carry-on encroached on my leg space. So because folks are being so inconsiderate of others, I think they should charge the fee to force people to think twice before they carry-on large totes to avoid fee of checking large bags!

April 17, 2010 at 8:24 am |
  17. Donna

TJ,

I'm with you all the way. I have been a photographer for over 35 years. What am I supposed to do with my camera bag and computer ?????? I can not got to work without them.
    They will not fit under the seat and I most certainly CANNOT check them.
    So basically. I'm screwed. I have to pay more. And I am certain that there are many other professional people that must carry items of great importance and fragility on board.
    Everywhere we turn we are being squeezed. Where will it end?

April 17, 2010 at 8:25 am |
  18. Vicki Conway-Karedes

I just listened to CNN Saturday and the attempt of the Spirit spokesman to justify a $45 charge for use of an overhead compartment. The justifications were ludicrous. Spirit is not cheaper and will not be cheaper than other airlines. I know because I frequently bypass them for Airtran and JetBlue. In addition, $45 is an excessive amount for a small space when checking bags is a less costly option. Doesn't it take longer to unload checked bags than to remove one's own overhead luggage. Apparently, this is just another big company that believes American consumers are idiots. I fly Spirit routes regularly, and this is one consumer that won't be fleeced by Spirit.

April 17, 2010 at 8:26 am |
  19. michael armstrong sr.

I would suggest that you pay if you want your stuff to go with you .

April 17, 2010 at 8:27 am |
  20. Mary Kay

Good discussion re carry on bags. I'm not a frequent flyer, but I like the "menu" idea: choose the plan that works best for you and pay only for that. The last time I flew, I carried on only my purse; everything else went into the checked bag (the agent was very grateful!). I know it's time consuming to wait for your bag to arrive (if it does) in the claim area, but we're all in too much of a rush anyway. Take along a good book, take a deep breath, and relax!

Question: Is a briefcase treated the same way as a purse? My purse is big enough to hold my laptop, a book, and my usual junk!

Now that I'm old, I'm also concerned with being squeezed into a sardine-can seat! Oh, well, I can't afford to travel that mch anyway! Thanks for the great discussion.

April 17, 2010 at 8:27 am |
  21. drnjbmd

I have three words for the airlines who want to charge for checked bags or for carryon, "I'm flying Southwest".

April 17, 2010 at 8:28 am |
  22. Delape

Instead of charging us extra for bags, How about just having a set ticket price and it includes a checked bag and a carry on. Then, if you don't check a bag or bring a carry on you get a credit back!

April 17, 2010 at 8:30 am |
  23. jean andrews

Good for them..I am sick of the people with all of those huge carry ons.....Huge bags that they put their purses in and carry on as a purse then another huge bag that they consider a carry on....People brought this on themselves!!!

April 17, 2010 at 8:31 am |
  24. JoeBloggs

It was probably fair enough to say that passenger luggage (both checked and carry on) needed to be rationalized from where it was before the crisis. However, when airlines charged for checked luggage they created a problem – they policed the size of carry on very poorly and had no policy for ensuring fairness for the usage of overhead space between passengers. I think Spirit have a good instinct but are off with their implementation. Consider the value and confidentiality of materials that must accompany bsiness travellers: laptops, confidential documents. They will fit the seat/overhead but where would clothes fit? It seem reasonable to me to allow one appropriately sized pilot case for free (checked or carry on) plus one smaller carry on sized for the seat. If the overheads fill then allow gate checks for some of the larger pieces but allow that surplus to be quickly returned at the gate (some anit-theft logistics needed there).
    Airlines need to think this through better and offer a better service.

April 17, 2010 at 8:33 am |
  25. Susan in St. Paul

TJ,

Great reporting. I am not a big viewer of CNN on the weekends but happened to be watching this morning and appreciate the questions you asked Ben (of Spirit Airlines). You asked what all your viewers wanted to know.

Candy Crowley is my favorite journalist but I'm a new fan of yours. Keep up the great work.

Best,
    Susan

April 17, 2010 at 8:36 am |
  26. Dale Freundlich

I'm looking for the links to the airline search engines that find the cheapest flights. Can't find it. Help please.

April 17, 2010 at 8:45 am |
  27. Judi Cohen

Not only do I agree with the carry-on charges, but I think the charges should be based on weight. I've seen people, who wanted to dash at the airport and avoid checked luggage, bring enormous or incredibly heavy bags and hog an entire overhead compartment, with the bags, their coats, etc.

Maybe folks with tightly connected flights should get some priority in bag handling, but no one ever weighs the carry-ons, do they?

April 17, 2010 at 8:52 am |
  28. BrianL

Something needs to be done and I don't believe a $45 fee, $30 in advance, is enough to make people think twice. Overheads now quickly are filled by large barely, if legal seem-busting carry-ons from one third of the passengers, often leaving others no room for their smaller items. I would prefer to see the fee raised to $100....in advance.

April 17, 2010 at 8:52 am |
  29. Anniemare

Pay to check a bag or pay to carry and store your "carry on" bag on the aircraft??? That's a catch 22.

I will never again fly Spirit airlines. There are many other airlines to choose from that are not trying to gouge their customers. Sad commentary on Spirit who made this decision in this terrible economy.

April 17, 2010 at 8:53 am |
  30. Michele

I am absolutely 100% in favor of the carry-on fee that Spirit Airlines is implementing. It is ridiculous what passengers drag on board. It takes forever to board the plane and disembark.

I fly Spirit all the time and have gotten fares as low as 29 cents each way. You will never hear me complain about ANYTHING they do.

On my last Spirit flight, some Bozo jammed his oversize bag into the overheard and broke my Kindle, as it was in my little bag that was next to his. When my husband asked him to take it easy, this idiot cursed and continued to shove his bag ( he and his wife had several bags ) into the compartment.

On another flight, people were so anxious to grab all their crap out of the overheads that I was literally pushed out of the way and ended up with a torn ACL.

I'm sorry, but if you need to carry more stuff with you than will fit into a 16"x14"x12" bag ( FREE ), then you do not know how to travel. And if you need more stuff than for an overnight stay, you SHOULD be checking your bag. Why should the rest of us be inconvenienced for YOU?

And BTW, diaper bags are FREE and can be brought on board, as can any other neccessary stuff. So get your facts straight before you bash Spirit for a very practical ( and welcome ) decision.

April 17, 2010 at 8:56 am |
  31. Chris

Frankly, Spirit Airlines and it's CEO Ben Baldanza disgust me. I've never heard such a load of crap in all my life. (and I'm a Crisis PR expert). I wouldn't eat in a restaurant that charged me for a fork to eat my food and certainly won't fly Spirit Airlines. This idiotic CEO and his ridiculous fees have crossed the line with my carry-on luggage. Prediction; Spirit Airlines will be the next SkyBus, ATA and Braniff Airlines! Bankrupt!

Signed,
    Satisfied Continental Airlines,
    Platinum Elite Flyer

April 17, 2010 at 9:11 am |
  32. bt

How would regional high speed rail affect the airline industry in the US?

April 17, 2010 at 9:17 am |
  33. chris

a big reason I tune into CNN on saturday morning is TJ Holmes. however, today i'm disturbed that a cnn anchor is creating news rather than reporting it. holmes is clearly upset at the carry-on fee–his language and demeanor do not seem appropriate for a professional journalist objectively reporting news.

April 17, 2010 at 9:19 am |
  34. Patrick

Solution is simple....do not fly this airline or any airline that implements this fee . Let Spirit be the first to suffer and fail if needed......I won't miss them

April 17, 2010 at 9:31 am |
  35. Terry Shewchuk

Michele framed it quite well ....

"I’m sorry, but if you need to carry more stuff with you than will fit into a 16″x14″x12″ bag ( FREE ), then you do not know how to travel. And if you need more stuff than for an overnight stay, you SHOULD be checking your bag. Why should the rest of us be inconvenienced for YOU?"

April 17, 2010 at 9:32 am |
  36. Sam

Can't wait to see hi-speed rail in the U.S. like in Europe and Japan.

April 17, 2010 at 9:38 am |
  37. Leslie Weinberg

Why don't we take the approach our Government is taking these days? Let's charge more per ticket for those in higher income brackets, and then sock it to them by charging additional for their luggage. That will help subsidize the tickets for everyone else, and if there is any money left over, it can go into the pockets of Congress.

April 17, 2010 at 9:39 am |
  38. Ed Cruey

Mr. Holmes is wrong about the fees for carry on bags. On a recent flight on Delta Airlines. I paid to have two bags checked. Myself and my wife carried two small hand bags on board and place them in the overhead bins. I was asked to remove my bags from the bins and place my bags under my seat so passengers could place their free oversized bags in the overhead bins. I complained to delta airlines and I received a message from delta stating that I don't have to remove my bags from the overhead bins regardless of size. Passengers with large bags will take advantage of you so they can carry their bags free. I will never again remove my small bags from the overhead bins.

April 17, 2010 at 10:38 am |
  39. joyce

I think it is ridiculous to pay the $45 dollars. We pay enough for baggage and for tickets.. by doing this, it takes the enthusiam out out flying and the convience and enjoyment

April 17, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  40. vinnett

Spirit is the only airline that for so many years have offered 1 cent flight..,.,,.I didn't see that on TV....

April 17, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  41. Flecia Martin

Boycott the airlines. Companies need to recognize that we do not want to pay more because your sales are low.

April 17, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  42. Richard Griffin

I just viewed the interview with the CEO of Spirit Airlines regarding the additional fees for carry on baggage. I have to say, this guy is not doing himself any favors by appearing on CNN. The guy smug attitude reminds me of a used car salesman, full of deceit and contempt for his customers. I won't ever fly on this airline.

April 17, 2010 at 10:56 am |
  43. Lee

Spirit airlines has the right idea. Ever since the airlines started charging for checked luggage, most people are trying to drag as much of their luggage onboard to stuff in the overhead bins and under the seats so they don't have to pay the fees for checked luggage. Most flights are full these days so there isn't room for all of the carryons. Then some of it has to be dragged back to the front of the plane so it can be checked below. Consequently, the boarding process gets delayed. The whole process is very cumbersome and annoying. Plus ontime departures and arrivals become compromised. Why not charge a little less for checked luggage and more for carryons and speed up the process. The airlines also need to enforce their rules regarding the size and number of carryons.

At best, flying these days has become something less than enjoyable. What ever became of service and satisfied customers?

As for the politicians, let them fly economy class for a while so they understand the problem before they start interfering with free enterprise.

April 17, 2010 at 10:56 am |
  44. Mr.Eister

Hooray. Let Spirit charge themselves right out of a job. I'd rather rent a car and drive and see the country than pay an extra $300 in taxes and non sense fees.

April 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm |
  45. Carl

Have absolutely stopped using air travel as a direct result of this greed and inconvenience. Have also copied my employees not to use air travel at all. Many of my seasoned employees carry medication on board with them. This is an afront to them and a loaded cost I don't plan to pay for.

April 17, 2010 at 3:48 pm |
  46. Mike

The CEO's rationale was ludicrously self-serving on the carry-on bag issue. That being said, we need to find a way to force people to check any bag over the 16X14X12 limit. i recently traveled internationally and my small computer bag (the only bag I carried on) was almost crushed by a man jamming his wife's and his bag in next to mine. It's simple make everyone abide by the stow one (of regulation size) overhead and one purse or computer bag at your feet. Enforce this and most of the problems will go away with carry on luggage.

On another note: Josh said there were links to search engines on this site. I cannot locate them.

April 17, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  47. FlyCRJ

It won't last.

The major airlines, I believe, can not and will not implement it because it is too costly. It would drastically hurt their on-time departures and require more agents than they currently have.

So you are safe, for now.

Spirit may be able to get away with it because they are a smaller airline but I don't think that you will see the majors use such a tactic.

I also think that Spirit will learn that it is a point a diminishing returns. When you implement something like this then other things have to and you have to be able to offset the cost of implementing such a thing.

Don't worry. I don't think it will last and I don't think that you will see it at the major airlines.

Jeffrey

April 17, 2010 at 7:56 pm |
  48. barbara bishop

It seems to me if you offer the best price and do not charge for just everything possible, thats where people will look and book flights. I always try to fly Southwest,–no luggage fee.

April 17, 2010 at 9:48 pm |
  49. Troy Frymier

TJ, While it may be irritating it is no different that paying tolls on a toll road. If you don't use it you don't pay for it.

April 18, 2010 at 5:56 am |
  50. ECP

TJ, you need to cut your hair back to the way it was, classic and "
    cutting" edge...

April 18, 2010 at 5:57 am |
  51. carib909

My solution is simple, I will not fly Spirit!!!! I exclude any itinerary that includes Spirit!

April 18, 2010 at 5:59 am |
  52. Archie T Buddy

I support this policy. You give Americans an inch and they take a mile. Travelers need luggage, but they need to learn to scale back on the amount they bring onto a plane. Now they have a choice, small fee for checked baggage or big fee for carry-on.

April 18, 2010 at 6:01 am |
  53. Nilesh Mehta

This is an absolute rip off. What are these guys thinking? People travel on plane when they are going far distances. They need to carry luggage for the duration. The flight fares are so high and then to charge us for carrying luggage is horrible. Do you expect people to go away on vacations with any luggage? And what about people travelling with kids? When you have kids, there is a lot you need to carry that is checked-in and even on the flight. All that money and what you get on the plane is a coffee and a packet of cookies if you are lucky.

We need help getting these airlines back to providing better facilities and costs. They are getting out of control.

April 18, 2010 at 6:03 am |
  54. Miles

I have just spent 2 weeks in Europe where I made 7 individual flights. Having lived in the US for the past 2 years where I travel most weeks, I was reminded how pleasant travel can actually be whether it be courteous airline staff, on time arrival, pleasant airport surroundings, no over-booking, room for your bags in the overhead locker etc.

Airline executives in the US should spend a couple of weeks travelling in Europe and understand how travel should be.

April 18, 2010 at 6:09 am |
  55. Scott Law

Absolutely absurd. I have traveled spirit air about 8 times in the last 2 years and I will never use them again. They nickel and dime you to death, and when their done, ie: when you get finished paying $5 for a can of coke, $20 for the actual seat itself it adds up to the other airlines. People also started using carry-ons because they were tired of having their luggage lost, damaged & searched by baggage handlers. How about enforcing the carry on rules already in place? Maybe this will be the final straw that sends spirit-air under and send a message to the entire industry. Not to mention, your interview with the President -CEO was disgusting. This executive was completely unprofessional and looked like a "snake-oil salesman". Bye Bye Spirit!!!!!

April 18, 2010 at 6:10 am |
  56. Barbara Traver

Unfortunately, my last several flights have been inconvenienced greatly by people with larger carryons. I pay for checking and then I have to wait inordinately long times while passengers and flight attendants jam and slam those bags in the overhead bins.
    On one flight the attendant had to put my cane in the rear of the plane because there was no space available for it overhead.
    On another flight the attendant had me keep my coat on until we were well underway when she finally managed to find a small cranny to tuck it into, well away from my seat.
    Planeside checking is another problem. Passengers with larger carryons get away with baggage service without having to pay anything, probably even adding to the overall delays.
    HOWEVER, I THINK THE AIRLINES SHOULD JUST INCREASE TICKET PRICES OVERALL IN ORDER TO EXPEDITE THINGS. AS IT IS NOW, THE ADVERTISED PRICES ARE JUST A JOKE!

April 18, 2010 at 6:17 am |
  57. Blane Yelton

Carry on luggage serves two purposes. The first is a business purpose to bring paperwork, laptop, etc. This could probably handled by placing the item under the seat, assuming you have very short legs and don't sit in the front row of coach. The second purpose is to bring along of few items of clothing to last until the airline finds your lost luggage. If we are going to be effectively precuded from the latter purpose, then the airlines should be much more heavily penalized for losing our luggage (e.g. $200 a day/bag until it is returned with a $2000/bag maximum)

April 18, 2010 at 6:20 am |
  58. michael armstrong sr.

I suspect this act of desperation by the C.E.O. will effect the media people most of all while chasing around the world to cover new's event's .

April 18, 2010 at 7:33 am |
  59. mike sey

And how is carry on luggage now being defined – purses, shoulder bags,? whats next ?

April 18, 2010 at 8:02 am |
  60. TonyInLargo

It is said that: "The pessimist sees a difficulty at every opportunity, while the optimist sees an opportunity in every difficulty"

Airline fees present an opportunity. People who frequent certain destinations can have clothes at home, with their kin-folk, friends or their second homes and they won't have to use as much luggage. This should produce a small boom for clothing stores and manufacturers. If they don't eat on airlines, it might be a boom for fast foods, or maybe it'll begin to resolve our overdone love for food. Less bag check-ins might help improve on-time arrivals and departures.

We live in a free enterprise society, and companies can charge what they deem competitive and necessary. Will the airlines survive? Time will tell, but less weight on their airplanes has the potential for savings for them as well in the form of less spending on fuel.....and life will go-on.

April 18, 2010 at 10:45 am |
  61. Greg

I fly spirit at least once a month, I will be changing airlines as of today due to this carry on fee. They must be crazy.

April 18, 2010 at 2:16 pm |
  62. lynneeeepooh

When we used to fly, some guy asked my husband if he could put one of his carry-ons under my husband's seat. When my husband told him "no, put it under your own seat" the guy said he already had his other bag under the seat. My husband again said "no" and was rewarded with a dirty look! I don't like the carry-on fees, but people bring on monster bags so they don't have to pay the checked-bag fees. The airlines never enforced the "if it's bigger than this it must be checked" rule. They should go back to including everything in the ticket fee and enforce the rule about carry-ons and stop all this nonsense. Who are they fooling by low-balling the ticket price and then adding multiple fees for food, blankets & pillows, baggage and carry-ons? When you figure it all out, it's no longer a discount fare. It"s getting to be that only people with money will be able to fly...like it was way back when.

April 19, 2010 at 9:01 am |
  63. christa

Being an air traveler sometimes and seeing, what people put in the overhead bins, makes me mad, because its not fair to their fellow travelers. They should put most of their bags and carryons, like the rest of us into the belly of the plane. Just because they want to save time, its not good enough for me. One handbag and a small carryon are enough and if more they should pay, because it is an inconvenience for the other passengers. Also it is dangerous if the bin opens up and it falls on a passenger. Maybe it would help, if CNN would show us, how much an airplane cost to fly for the airlines. People need to understand, that when the fuel goes up in prices, it also goes up in price for the airlines. Thats why the flights are so expensive, not because of the airline.

April 19, 2010 at 9:12 am |