Today on CNN Newsroom

June 22nd, 2010

Keeping Michael Jackson's Mission Alive

Healing the world, it was the late Michael Jackson's mission and it has been taken up by his brother Randy Jackson and the rest of the Jackson siblings. In his first interview since the tragedy in almost a year ago, Randy joined Tony Harris in the newsroom.

Randy Jackson was recently hospitalized after his interview with Tony, and released this statement:

From The Office of Randy Jackson
June 21, 2010

Statement of Randy Jackson

I would like to thank everyone for their outpouring of love and support during my recent hospitalization, especially the exceptional physicians and staff at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, CA. I am feeling much better, invigorated and spiritually strong.

The recent court proceedings have been difficult for us as a family.
However, it is a necessary process that we are well prepared to endure in our fight for justice for Michael.

Although my family and I were disappointed with the court ruling, I want to thank Assistant Attorney General, Trina Saunders, for what I thought was a strong and compelling argument to recommend the suspension of Dr.
Murray’s medical license in the state of California. We had sincerely hoped the court would consider suspending Murray from practicing medicine, at the very least, as a precautionary measure.

Despite our strong feelings about the outcome, we have continued respect and faith in Judge Michael Pastor, the Deputy District Attorney David Walgren and our judicial system.

This 25th of June marks the first year anniversary of my brother’s passing. I would like to sincerely thank all of our friends and fans for their unwavering support and warm thoughts.

Filed under: CNN Newsroom • Tony Harris
  1. Susanne

RIP Michael...

June 10, 2010 at 4:03 pm |
  2. regina

Iagree with Mr.Randy Jackson that Conrad Murray charges should be upgraded .I belive that everybody that is envolved in the handling of Mr.Michael Jackson estate is envolve in his death.And it was planned from the start including AEG.Best WISHES TO ALL THE JACKSONS.

June 10, 2010 at 4:33 pm |
  3. Kim

I can't believe it's been almost a year, it breaks my heart, I agree with Randy he should never practice medicine again, and their should be a bigger charge. RIP Michael you will be remembered forever, King of Pop!!

June 10, 2010 at 4:47 pm |
  4. ultravioletrae

My heartfelt sympathy to Randy and the entire Jackson family. The more I know about Michael Jackson the more I grieve his death. He was not only a great genius but an extraordinary humanitarian, an angel walking the planet. God bless the Jackson family. As a society, we need to think long and hard about how and why Michael received such cruel treatment while he was here on earth. How could we have been so blind?

June 10, 2010 at 4:54 pm |
  5. MJ-DarkChild

Hats off to Randy for speaking up....the Jackson's need to stand up and be counted....the fans are with them and we are not fanatics; and trust us we are not stupid.

June 10, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  6. Naomi

God Bless Randy!

June 10, 2010 at 8:48 pm |
  7. sundayroberts

I agree with with michael,s brother there is much more to come out and he meaning Murry wasn,t working on his own. some one better pay for the death of Michael Jackson cause this should not of happened. my hrart aches for michael and i will not rest till jusyice is done for our sweet michael. I think Murry should of been charged with at least second degree murrder. The trueth will come out it always does. God bless you Michael for all time.

June 11, 2010 at 2:58 am |
  8. lorie silva

i so agree to everything randy is saying i said this along time ago their is way to much going on for their not to be more to it thank you to the Jackson family for not letting this go stay strong and keep fighting

June 11, 2010 at 6:48 am |
  9. darlene walker

I agree with randy, there was alot more going o. This should have never happened to michael. God bless randy and the family for staying with it to get justice for Michael, Conrad and whoever else involed should pay for what they did to Michael taking him away from his children, his family and fans that loved him and always will. To the Jackson family keep on fighting for Michael, as we all will to get justice so he can RIP. The truth will come out. bless you MICHAEL you will always be LOVED.

June 11, 2010 at 8:48 am |
  10. Froggy

My heart goes out to Randy and the entire Jackson family. Thank you for continuing to press on and question everything. I agree that there is much more to the story than the little sliver we are being told. I pray for justice for Michael, his children, his family and his world wide base of fans. We are watching, giving support where we can, doing whatever we're able and we're praying for justice. We're not going away until this is fully resolved – not just with C. Murray but with all the shadowy others as well. We're here for the long haul.

June 11, 2010 at 9:42 am |
  11. Gary ryan

Why hasn't anyone thought of the company that has a substance that eats the oil and cleans the water.they keep using that dispersant that
    is ruining the water in the gulf.and what about all of the people that are working for BP and had to sign a confidentiality agreement with BP in
    order to get the job.And instead of telling everyone about the oil they are saving what the heck are they doing to stop this darn leak NOW.This company has been screwing up since they started.Had they checked all of their equipment before they started the work and made darn sure that all of it worked right this wouldn't have happened in the first place.And President Obama.he has been getting paid off from the start and that's why he is so Lenient with this Company.They should be giving all of the fisherman's family's at least 10 million dollars for each family for ruining their way of life.

June 11, 2010 at 9:59 am |
  12. pitt03

Randy, we are standing strong with your family. May GOD bless
    you all.
    No entertainer, in history, had to endure what Michael had to endure.
    It was all because he was so powerful, so fierce and loved by so many.

June 11, 2010 at 10:06 am |
  13. Sheryl

May the media's coverage of this case (including CNN's) be ethical and respectful and unbiased. May CNN lead the way in holding its reporting to a higher standard while presenting this very important case. Let it not swirl deep into the depths of junk journalism so typical for today's coverage by mainstream media. Millions will be paying attention. We are supporting all those working for justice in the courts system and in journalism. As mentioned in comments given above, "we are not going away" and "we are not stupid".

June 11, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  14. breezy

Thank you randy, I believe also that there ismore to come. I believe there is a lot more people involved in michaels death. also why wasn't murrary not thrown in jail? he took a life a huge Icon,who was loved all around the world, and only paying $75,000 for bail thats ABSURD....something is not right..everything that has been done with murrary has been to easy for him, he shouldn't even be allowed to treat any patients.Michael wouldn't take his own life, he loved his children and family and fans to much....God I hope justice prevails..this is being dragged out to long........we love you michael and we the fans will always be with you forever..........

June 11, 2010 at 11:32 am |
  15. Mrs. Eileen G. Curras widow to Hernandez (WWII)

Healing this family will take a major step on the system.

June 11, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  16. CoCo Browne

We must continue the fight for justice for Michael Jackson and his family. Those who love Michael will never get over the tragic loss that has altered countless lives. This Love never dies. Thank you, Randy Jackson, for being a voice for Michael and us in these difficult times.

June 11, 2010 at 11:44 am |
  17. Pam J.

When Michael wa taken away from all of us. The first question i asked is WHY? Then the shady doctor changing his statement on what had happen is absurd, and ridiclous. Plus why wasn't this so called doctor screened before hired on for our Michael. Yes I agree with Randy thier is more to this nightmare of a situation then what is being told. I'm sorry but if I were to go out and kill someone i would be put ot death already. I know and understand this is a very high profile case. On the other hand Michael was a Human Being not just some some rich celeb on a joy ride. So why is Murray just walking around and detained in anyway? I been talking with Michael's fans all over the world and we all feel the same way. First and foremost the propoful should have not been in Michael's home. Thats the bottom line, and who started giving Michael the drug? Come we are not stupid we are suffering and hurting over our icon's death. Let's get going on justice for Michael if anyone really knows what the meaning to that word is. To the whole Jackson Family I want to say how your whole family are amazing, and you just keep doing what you are for Michael. I will keep you and Michael in my prayers that all will pay for what they done!
    LOVE YOU always MICHAEL
    Pam J.

June 11, 2010 at 12:01 pm |
  18. Nicole S. -- North Carolina

I really enjoyed this interview! I agree with Randy, the DA should have leveled a first-degree murder charge against Murray.

June 11, 2010 at 2:06 pm |
  19. deborah mcdermott

i do agree with randy jackson that conrad murray's charges should be upgraded and his medical license lost. for murray to say michael killed himself is appalling. this quack of a doctor will say anything to get his own ass out of trouble. it is a shame that michael had people around him that did not really care for him, but cared for their own interests. God bless all the jackson family, these people have been through alot, they are survivors. i hope they can find justice for their brother and son, michael and also find peace of mind.

June 11, 2010 at 2:20 pm |
  20. Julie

Proud of you Randy for speaking up.
    I think there is so much the public dont know.
    What worrys me is will they ever know.
    I put my trust in GOD.
    FOR AS LONG AS I LVE I SHALL FIGHT FOR JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL!!!

June 11, 2010 at 4:14 pm |
  21. Aline Joucaviel

Hello,

I am crazy about Michael Jackson,
    i think Michael Jackson is very good legend artiste and he see every body of the sky and my esprit is with him and his familly brothers, sisters and mother and fathers. I read a frensh book about who kild Michael Jackson?
    I don't forget his soon and dother, Prince I, Paris, Prince II alias Blanket
    I suppose Michael Jackson was very nervous personne, he took some much medecine Demerol.
    What a pitty because he was a very good artist.
    He didn't eat well

I learnt 25/06/10 one visit Faurest Lawnd
    I think very much at him
    Good lucky Jackson's familly
    Aline

June 11, 2010 at 4:47 pm |
  22. Barbara

Thank you Randy for speaking up for your brother. Like so many others, I believe that there is much more at play in your brother's death than one inept doctor. Please continue to press forward and force the truth out from the dark corners in which it is hiding. When I think of how Michael left us, and the shady people who were surrounding him, it absolutely breaks my heart.......even now, one year later. Randy, just know that I am praying for you to have strength to persevere and see this quest through to the end. You are your brother's voice now. I will continue to pray for truth and justice to prevail. I love Michael, and will until I leave this earth. My sincere desire is for those who did harm to Michael to be brought to justice. May God bless you, your siblings, Joseph and Katherine, and Prince, Paris, and Blanket. To Michael...you are always in my heart.

June 11, 2010 at 4:52 pm |
  23. chupa

Everyone who has done a little research knows Michael was MURDERED. The Jacksons should not be afraid to speak up. Michael talked about it in his lyrics, against the people who were against him.
    "It's all conspiracies", like he said in that 60 minutes interview, I think it was back in 2005.

Everytime he tried to make a comeback they did something bad to him. Last year was going to be a huge comeback. Michael needed to be stopped. Why did the FBI come with those files AFTER he died. Sick world. Anyway, Michael is it peace now, away from this sick world he tried to "fix" so badly.

June 11, 2010 at 5:33 pm |
  24. Rosa

1st degree is what he should have been charged with all along....It was no accident he was giving Michael propofol...a drug that isn't intended for sleep disorders....I hope he rots in hell, like a few other people who took advantage of Michael..and Joseph Jackson, you're one of them...

June 11, 2010 at 6:34 pm |
  25. adele

i agree with randy everything he said was true! people would,nt leave michael alone! we need justice for michael. i say they should lock the doctor up and throw away the key. he took a lovely gorgeous man away from us and his family! and my love i,ve got for michael will never go away. and thankyou randy for being your brothers voice michael will be looking down and saying i,m proud of him! it must,ve been hard for you with it coming up to the 25th of june! the day we all lost are legend mj, r.i.p michael i love you so much and always will do, i still have to watch ye everyday! and i love all the jackson too i,ve got to say there the best talented family ever love yeah,s all.;<3

June 11, 2010 at 7:15 pm |
  26. lisa

Randy, thank you so much for your thoughts. Just looking at you, I can see that you are still in pain. It brings me to tears to hear you talk about your brother. You and your whole family was and are amazing. I will never forget watching your family when I was little. Your family has always been in our families home. The reason why we want so much information is because your family was our family. We watch you all of the time. I will have to say that your mother made the most wonderful family that ever lived. I love you and you and your family will be thought of daily. The pain of Michaels death, I don't think< will ever go away. I miss him with all my heart. Love you, lisa

June 11, 2010 at 8:14 pm |
  27. luvmichael4ever

I am so glad that Randy Jackson has come forward. I have prayed for justice for Michael and peace for his family and other loved ones. I never believed any of the lies that have been told about Michael's circumstances surrounding his death and have been praying that justice will prevail. None of us can truly heal from this tragedy until justice is actually served - real justice - and the truth is told.

June 11, 2010 at 8:32 pm |
  28. Anna

Thank you Randy Jackson and the Jackson Family for your continued united, faithful, dedicated march towards justice on behalf of Michael and his children. The legion of those who l.o.v.e Michael's message support you! Thank you CNN for providing an honest and open platform for discussion, a seldom seen quality in the journalism media in the past 17 years. Push for justice, demand that questions left unasked and unanswered are finally addressed. Michael has gone from this world way too soon, and sadly he's only rightfully publicly honored way too late.

June 11, 2010 at 9:09 pm |
  29. Vanessa

Randy, I would like to say Thank You for using your voice for Michael. Thank You for trying to carry on his mission. We all no that what happen to Michael, was not his fault and it's more then 1 player in this. We all just pray that the STATE OF CALF. will finally do right by him. And that the media find another camp ground. We are here to stand strong and lift our voices HIGH................. MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON IS NOT ALONE........................

June 11, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  30. nikki

ok lets start out with this i think randy is right murray isnt the only one involved. but murray was the last man standing. the others were not there when he died murray was an he should of known better to give him that meds. he should of known better to do one hand cpr on the bed. murray should be in jail for life without any parol. just cuz u aint the only one in charge doesnt mean your innocent. i want all involved to go down they all should go for life. they took a angel an god dont take to kind to that. mj did nothing but love everyone he was kind no one really knew what a great man he was. i loved mj for who he was not just for what he has done. media is been at him forever an if u tell a story long enough people are brain washed to believe it but it was all false. i just think mj needed someone to love him an stop treating him like a machine. an if the justice system doesnt take care of this god will

June 11, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  31. nikki

p.s. im begging the jacksons not to give up til justice is served. i know if i was in charge murray would of went down a long time ago an i would keep fighting til that was done. now as far as the fans goin to his site where mj is laid to rest randy bad idea there are alot of sick people out there i wouldnt feel safe doing that.

June 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm |
  32. TyBaby

I just wanna say we noticed how Randy hasn't been seen in the media during all this controversy surrounding Michaels death and I appreciate him for stepping up and honestly speaking up against those who were involved with this I pray Justice will be served and that the Jackson Family can go on with life and have closure, I'm behind you all 110 percent

June 12, 2010 at 1:10 pm |
  33. yourtime2shine

"goes beyond murray , murray has a part in it, I don't think murray was acting alone. When you look at the environment around my brother leading up to his death there is a lot of strange coincidences. he was very afraid for his life. he was threatened that his children would be taken away from him, that his assets would be taken from him, he was threatened that they would take his home if he didn't do what was asked of him by the powers that be." Then the interviewer goes right straight back to murray like Randy just said nothing about Mike's life being in danger and the magnitude of the threats he was facing or the strange coincidences leading up to his death. What I find utterly amazing is the press in the years Mike was "alive" couldn't leave him alone, following him or reporting one false, ridiculous story after another until most couldn't even look at this man as a human being. Where has the press been over the past year, trying to make him look like a drugged up freak once again who deserved his fate. I don't see anybody trying to find the truth in Randy's statement that Mike's in danger in fact in the last year if it hasn't been negative press there hasn't been any. No one has been looking for the truth and no one has reported the truth about Mike; his life, the contributions he made to this world and now his death. I hope the sensationalism stops long enough for you to report on the trial and upcoming news events in relation to this story fairly and factually.
    To the Jackson family there is so much more goodness out there than has been shown to your family. My prayers are with you all during this difficult time.

June 12, 2010 at 6:02 pm |
  34. cheryl100

Thank You Randy Jackson for carrying on your brother's message and for wanting the truth to come out. We know there was more to Michael's death than Conrad Murray. We will never forget Michael and all he did for us while he was with us. He made the world a better place. He didn't deserve to be treated the way he was by the media and all those who took advantage of his kind heart. Long Live the King of Pop.

June 12, 2010 at 6:49 pm |
  35. Barbara

June 12, 2010 at 8:57 pm |
  36. crusindeb

Joe's relationship with his wife & son is irrelevant, the point of having to find out what happened & how much the Estate is making is to assure the rights of Michael's kids & Katherine. Nothing is being disclosed by the Executors and someone is protecting Murray!

Branca has a history of embezzling money from Michael, the Executors will rape & pillage Michael's music, image & name with no opportunity for the children to have a say in their Daddy's legacy. So how can the Jackson family know the children's rights are preserved when the Executors are not letting anyone know the amount made since Michael's death! There are many hands in this death.

Thank goodness Joe Jackson is speaking out about the greed, corruption & abuse of Michael's career, Katherine cannot contest or protest. There's valid reasons why Joe is pushing for justice & the Executors to expose how much Michael is worth dead and who benefits because of it....he is pushing to disclose TRUTH! Support Joe! GOD BLESS.
    ***FOREVER LOVEU MICHAEL***

June 13, 2010 at 11:19 am |
  37. stephan wyland

Tony; as to the need for more black male teachers, who cares, the point, we need more good teachers the idea of specifically looking for black ones cool but the whole thing is we need them all will black help a specific problem perhaps but there is no way that they will hurt the situation so lets go for them all.

i know that right now i am trying to figure what to do get my teaching cert. as a 60 year old who has been self employed and have now lost my busyness and loosing my home i want very much to find a way to help alleviate this from ever happening to others and feel that education of and for all as the only solution.

June 14, 2010 at 10:51 am |
  38. HANNAH

This conspiracy has been planned & going on for a long time before Michael's death. This organization that had run Michael during his last years had this all worked out for several years. Keeping Michael drugged was all part of the plan. Think about it, Michael had always keep on top of everything going on but while he was drugged he was unable to. More than one person has said that Michael "thought" he was only in contract to do 10 shows. Now someone got him to sign on the dotted line without him realizing what he was doing this being a result of the drug intake. Then you have AEG gaining so much exposure-PR, then you have Kenny Ortega my God just think of the benefits he's received since Micheal's death. Then there's Sonny... the endless income they are getting. Columbia picture have made a chunck of cash off Michael. John Branca had told Michael years ago that he felt it was time for him to get a percentage of Michael's money which John received his walking papers shortly after that. Just before Michael died "he rehired" John. John now receives a LARGE PERCENTAGE from Michael now doesn't he!!! And will till the day he dies! There are many more that has gained allot of money since Michael died. And there is one more person that I've thought might be involved (this I have prayed that I am wrong) and forgive me but Brother Jermaine has got a bunch of motives!! First of all he has had a real problem with Michael taking over as lead singer from way back in their younger years. If you really look at pictures of Jermaine you will see he had tried to even dress somewhat like Michael. And after Michael died Jermaine REALLY started dressing more like him. Jermaine has always been extremely jealous of Michael and Michael's success. I know your thinking I have lost my marbles but I'm just throwing it out there. Thank you Randy for speaking out!! I LOVE YOU MICHAEL!!

June 16, 2010 at 12:25 am |
  39. VICTOR HOWARD

Seems like lately, I feel so lonely. Strangest feeling. I don't know why. To love someone. He never knew me. Love won't leave no matter how I try.

Everywhere I go. You're always watching. Seems your eyes are everywhere. When they had you, they loved to hate you. They're talking now but they never cared.

If They Say Why?... Why? Tell them I'm JUST MISSING MICHAEL. Why? Why, is he feeling that way?

You gave such love. And to repay you. They hurt your heart a hundred times. You kept loving. You kept reaching. Can't believe how hard you tried.

If They say Why? Why? Tell them I'm JUST MISSING MICHAEL. Why? Why, is he feeling that way? If they say Why? Why? Tell them I'm JUST MISSING MICHAEL. WHY is he looking that way? Is he acting that way? Is he feeling that way? That way. That way. That way.

Beauty in motion.
    Melody of music.
    Harmony we'll never have again.
    That PERFECT LOVE. Michael did you find HIM?
    JESUS forever now your friend.

If They say Why? Why? Tell them I'm JUST MISSING MICHAEL.

June 16, 2010 at 3:31 am |
  40. Enough already

Collectively this family hasn't been able to perform without Michael. Michael and Janet were put here to be the the front liners, not the others. Michael never announced his charity projects so why do the rest of the brothers need to publicize it? Charity work should be something you do from the heart, not for spotlight. Before Michael died who was curious about the other brothers? They are clearly riding the coat tails of Michael's untimely death. Sad.

June 17, 2010 at 10:39 pm |
  41. Tangerine

Poor poor Michael, squeezed from that young age to his death by everyone surrounding him. his family first and show biz after. that man's life gives me pain and anguish. someone so talented and sensitive used and abused just for money. and he could bring loads of money. sometimes it seems to me he was like on this car going its fastesttowards a wall and he couldn't stop and go down. like if everything was written to be tragic, his childhood, his skin deseases, his accident with fire (this too to me looks soooo strange), his lack of self confidence, his incredibly difficult relationships, his surgeries, his escape in neverland, the allegations... how does all this go with the boy singing like an angel, with the teenager most desired, with the most incredible artist he turned to be?
    who was taking care of him while he was trying to satisfy the world?

June 20, 2010 at 4:04 pm |
  42. Zach

You know I am one of the biggest fans of Mj and his family, but you know what, some things are just what they appear. He was a drug addict and shopped for any doctor that was willing to give him it. If you think he should be charged with first degree murder then your just an idiot. First degree murder is the willing and deliberate act of taking someones life. Why would murray want him dead? That would mean he wouldn't be getting the $120,000 a month he would be receiving for a couple years. And while several people around MJ were shady and using him, you would be stupid to think there is some conspiracy to kill him. This is just an over reaction. And we have an amendment in this thing called the bill of rights that prevents excessive bail, so that is why murray is out and about. Like I said I am a HUGE MJ fan, but use some common sense, just because he was the most famous person in the world doesn't mean that there would have to be some huge conspiracy to his death. It was an accident, a negligent accident, but an accident that MJ was told countless times could happen, and did.

June 20, 2010 at 11:09 pm |

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 20,731 other followers