Today on CNN Newsroom

July 12th, 2010

Tony's Weekend in Omaha

Hey Everybody, I’m just back from a wonderful weekend at the Omaha Riverfront Jazz and Blues Festival right there on the Missouri River just off the patio of Rick’s Boat House restaurant. The people of Omaha were terrific and it got me to thinking about what a great summer I was having. How about you? Are you having a great summer with family and friends? Share some of your great summer pics with us. Tell us where you are and who’s with you in the pic and we’ll post them right here on my blog page and on my Facebook page. In the meantime, enjoy some of my pics from Nebraska!

Filed under: CNN Newsroom • Tony Harris
  1. Michael Armstrong Sr.

Im glad you had a good time Tony I love Jazz and Blues music and being the twinkle toes dancer you are I bet you want to stay another week .

July 12, 2010 at 9:25 am |
  2. Rachel Radmanesh

Tony,

Good times in Omaha. Your presence was a plus!
    Much love,

Rachel

July 12, 2010 at 9:59 am |
  3. shawn

I have been out of work for over a year, I need my unemployment to pay the basic bills. I have paid into the system for almost 40 years now. What about taking care of our own befor we take care of the worlds problems. Again washington leaders seem to don't care about the little guy and then they wonder why people are not interested in goverment. Its makes me sick what would our fore fathers think.

July 12, 2010 at 10:42 am |
  4. Tom

Unemployment benefits, should be TOP Prioity on lawmakers list... Millions cant even afford to keep the lights on, and still NO jobs available. HELP me and HELP us, the American people....

July 12, 2010 at 10:45 am |
  5. Robert E. King

Since congress has just returned from break,their first business should be to extend UI Benefits and second is to work on a massive jobs bill to pit unemployed workers back to work!

July 12, 2010 at 10:46 am |
  6. James Rogers

I am a musician and have played Omaha a few times over the years with BB King former bassist Russell Jackson, I have also been spending my summer playing blues festivals up here in Canada. Good times and good food.

Cheers!
    james

July 12, 2010 at 11:32 am |
  7. Farnell Newton

Tony, I had a blast hanging out with you this weekend!

~farnell

July 12, 2010 at 11:41 am |
  8. Eric Parker

Hey Tony,

It was great hanging out with you this weekend. I told you I'm a huge fan...I'm actually watching you now...lol...We have to do this again real soon...the Mike Philly crew loved your energy....so we are making you an honorary member of the band...bring your keyboard next time...lol

July 12, 2010 at 11:43 am |
  9. Marquay Seamster

Tony,

it was a pleasure hanging and talking with you.I look forward to talking with you again and meeting my family!!! Blessings to you my friend!!!!

July 12, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
  10. bonnie barclay

Omaha was off the chain, who knew!!!!

July 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm |
  11. Gregg

Hey Tony,

My Brother and Sister-in-Law (pictured above) said they had a great time hanging out with you this weekend!

July 12, 2010 at 7:38 pm |
  12. Hassan Kareem aka Brotha Love

Thank You Tony for a greak weekend we will get you back out with us on the Road. We really had a great time in The "Big O"
    Holla at you soon
    Hassan

July 13, 2010 at 7:14 am |
  13. Deborah Bunting

Tony, It was great having you in Omaha. See you next year for the 10th anniversary celebration of the Riverfront Blues & Jazz Festival!!

July 14, 2010 at 9:29 am |
  14. Joe Kaczorowski

Hey Tony,

It truly was a blast to be a part of the festival. The greatest part about playing at fantastic festivals, such as the Omaha Riverfront Blues & Jazz Festival, is the fact that I get to hear so many other amazing musicians. It really is inspirational, and I just wanted to confirm what you said about the people of Omaha – They were absolutely incredible to work with and spend time with. Everyone was so warm and welcoming that it made for one heck of a good time. I really to get to play there again soon!

July 15, 2010 at 10:07 am |
  15. Jamel McNair

Hey Tony,

It was an honor to not only meet and have you in Omaha, but to hang out with you and show you my city. You were one of the most down to earth people I ever met. Now if see someone judging Omaha before they get here, you can definitely tell them about my city lol. I had fun and look forward to coming through your stomping grounds in few a months.

July 15, 2010 at 10:41 am |