Today on CNN Newsroom

July 15th, 2010

Next Big Thing: Wearing Strength

This young man isn't waiting on a corporation to hire him. He's banking on his own innovation. As part of Tony's series: "The Next Big Thing", a special weighted shirt helps an engineering student heal after he was shot by robbers.

Filed under: Next Big Thing • Tony Harris
  1. Moby

I am glad to hear CNN dig to the bottom of this story. It is obvious that Andrew Briebart took the whole situation out of context and Fox ran with it without checking. More interestingly, are the resulting 1500+ comments on the Fox story page which prove that white racism is alive and well. I have not heard such naked vitriol since the George Wallace days.

July 20, 2010 at 10:32 am |
  2. Noah Brown

I was trying to talk to you. i dont know if i made it in time. i wanted her to say her piece and then let whatever happen happen.
    If CNN is going to talk to me, then talk to me i have a phone and will talk on the air. I'm not afraid to tell my half of the story.

July 20, 2010 at 10:32 am |
  3. nanci Wadsworth

Ms. Sherrod's honest and direct answers to her situation are refreshing, and the professional way she is dealing with this outrage is impressive!
    Tony's pointed questions were exactly to the point, and Ms. Sherrod, you deserve commendation, not condemnation!!!

~Nanci Wadsworth

July 20, 2010 at 10:32 am |
  4. Noah Brown

Very Objective wording on her part.

July 20, 2010 at 10:36 am |
  5. Virginia

The Shirley Sherrod interview was in depth and informative. The interview was not rushed and the interview with Louise (I hope I have her name correct) was excellent. This appears to be a situation where one cannot see the forest for the trees: Ms Sherrod was speaking about a time that is long passed in a very honest way. The results of her saving the farm tell the story. Can we not appreciate that? May we look at the result of her work rather than the thoughts that were formed during a very divisive time in our history? I felt this was an honest attempt by all parties to get to the truth of what happened a very long time ago. Tony conducted a thoughtful, sensitive interview.

July 20, 2010 at 10:40 am |
  6. Denorah

Even if someone has incorrect information, like what i just heard late husband! It happens we not always have the time to fight back or defend yourself, especially when a single parent has to continue searching for a new job to support a family, of course not with the same degree . Employer always listens to a group of persons instead of also giving that person a chance to gather a group of witnesses the way cnn is doing to Shirley Sherrod! Good job,cnn

July 20, 2010 at 11:30 am |
  7. sdharris

Great invention! I sure hate you had to endure such an event as being shot, but the invention and determination you have are truly a blessing.
    You didn't let the tragedy take you out, but you took your tragic event and turned it into a positive way to rebuild your physical and now a business and a blessing to many athletes. Thank God!

July 22, 2010 at 11:29 pm |