Today on CNN Newsroom

August 13th, 2010

Q & A: Quest and Ali

We've kicked off our new Q&A segment that gives you a chance to ask questions of Ali Velshi and Richard Quest each Thursday.

The first topic they tackled during our worldwide debut: the surging price of wheat and why it should matter to you.

Filed under: Ali Velshi • Q&A
  1. barb

I love this! I love the accent on Rich but I'm an Ali fan. Good luck Ali!

August 16, 2010 at 12:27 pm |
  2. Terry T

Ali, You asked what we were interested in hearing about Pakistan. Since Pakistan is a Muslim country, I would be interested to know how much aid is coming from other Muslim countries.

August 17, 2010 at 12:53 pm |
  3. Gray James

RE: Pakistan
    Without a somewhat stable Pakistan, the situation in neighboring Afghanistan becomes extremely tenuous. Please keep up your focus on the region.
    Thanks,
    Gray James

August 17, 2010 at 1:01 pm |
  4. Alan Cochrum

Just wondering if the Taliban and other associated groups in Pakistan are providing aid and gaining influence?

August 17, 2010 at 1:10 pm |
  5. Bob Mohler

Ali;
    I have enjoyed your work and comments for some time. Today, I watched the end of your show and your announcement of your birth and religion. I'm happy to say it never occurred to me, but now it only adds to my interest in your opinion.
    You are absolutely right – we are all raised with prejudices. The key is whether we allow these to influence our biases or we explore the facts, develop our knowledge and grow as caring human beings. Problem is too many people have decided to decend into the ptifalls of emotion and have lost their humanity in the process.
    Keep it up.

August 19, 2010 at 2:13 pm |
  6. Edward D. Villanueva

Combination of Ali & Richard make for a talented duo...lot's of luck.

Question: I believe it was your August 13th kick-off that was suggested by Mr. Quest for reading/reviewing a HSBC growth portfolio report: BRIC or Brazil, Russia, India & China. Where can I get a hold of a copy...sounds and looks very interesting??

Thank for all you do, I truly enjoy the Q & A show...very informative.

Ed Villanueva

August 23, 2010 at 11:49 am |
  7. Ali Dowlatdad, M.D.

Mr. Velshi, in your A to Z segment on September 2, you characterized the Israeli-Palestinian enigma as a religious conflict. I submit that this depends on which side one stands. From Israeli viewpoint this is certainly about maintaining, and expanding a Jewish homeland, and thus a religious quest. As for the Palestinians (which I am not), and many of them Christians, it is all about water and land, and fundamentally not religion.

September 2, 2010 at 2:10 pm |
  8. Ron Hall

Doesn't the recent Fed move of printing additional money also result in a defacto cut in the short term value of fixed Social Security payments and thus a savings to the government.?

November 10, 2010 at 2:15 pm |