MIT Media Lab turns 25 this year. Over the last 25 years, they have inspired products like Guitar Hero, e-ink used in e-books, air bag systems and much more. To check out the research being done at MIT Media Lab, click here.
TOP 25 IDEAS & PRODUCTS SPUN OUT OF MEDIA LAB RESEARCH
1. Amazon Kindle, Sony e-Reader, Barnes & Noble Nook
2. Guitar Hero developed by spin-off Harmonix
3. LEGO Mindstorms
4. Scratch (programming language for kids)
5. XO Laptop developed by spin-off One Laptop Per Child
6. SeatSEntry Smart Air Bag Systems developed by NEC
7. MPEG-4 Structured Audio
8. Karaoke-on-Demand developed by Taito Corp.
9. Wireless MEs Networks, originally developed by Nortel
10. Photomosaics developed by spin-off Runaway Technologies
11. LEGO WeDo
12. Computer Clubhouse Network sponsored by Intel
13. Zebra 3D Digital Holographic Printing developed by spin-off Zebra Imaging
14. ReQall Memory Prosthesis developed by spin-off ReQall
15. Audio Spotlight developed by spin-off Holosonics
16. Hyperscore music composition software by spin-off Hyperscore.com
17. Symphony Painter developed by Fisher-Price
18. G-Speak developed by spin-off Oblong Industries
19. Ambient Orbs developed by spin-off Ambient Devices
20. Clocky developed by spin-off Nanda Home
21. Tangible IP Network Designer & the Tangible Business Process Analyzer developed by NTT Comware
22. Mercury RFID Readers developed by spin-off ThingMagic
23. IBM WebFountain
24. Q-Sensor developed by spin-off Affectiva
25. Echo Nest Music Platform
Comments are closed.
Click here to access transcripts from recent shows.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 21,350 other followers