Today on CNN Newsroom

October 22nd, 2010

Miracle or Revival

23 years! That is how long it has been since a drunk driver took Delia Roman Knox’s ability to walk, until now. Delia for the first time in 23 years was able to walk up to the front door of her mother’s home in Buffalo, where she was greeted by family and friends. Delia went to a Christian revival and was miraculously healed a few weeks ago and has become a YouTube sensation. Was this blind luck or an actual miracle?

We want to hear from you! What do you think about Delia’s miraculous healing? Do you have any miracle stories you want to share with us?

Share your comments and Kyra Phillips will read some of your responses in the 10 o’clock hour.

Filed under: Kyra Phillips
  1. Dan

Let's see. Jesus raised Lazurus from the dead, amongst raising himself from the dead.
    So, healing this young lady was not impossible with him.
    He is the greatest and ultimate physician.

October 22, 2010 at 7:06 am |
  2. Norman

Amazing. Not only can she walk but in high heels !

October 22, 2010 at 8:19 am |
  3. Andrew

Interesting how she can walk so well in high heels after not walking for 23 years!

October 22, 2010 at 8:19 am |
  4. Johnny H

Fraud. I would love to believe it, but she is wearing HIGH HEELS after not walking for 20+ years. Come on. Its just silly.

October 22, 2010 at 8:19 am |
  5. Jesse

this is an amazing show of faith. God is still alive and Jesus still does the same things that he did when he walked the earth its amazing to Him be the glory.

October 22, 2010 at 8:19 am |
  6. T Clark

I would say blind luck. If I saw an instance where the power of a god caused a severed limb to grow back, then I would say it was a miracle.

October 22, 2010 at 8:19 am |
  7. Daniel

Some times i have seen it with my self the body can heal the damage what i think is she could walk but bearly

October 22, 2010 at 8:20 am |
  8. Chuck

Is anybody going to be surprised when her gospel singing career also has a revival and walks again... with the same faith healing road show that set this one up?

October 22, 2010 at 8:20 am |
  9. Mac

i think she didn't have the proper rehab after the accident, and was mis-diagnosed as being paralyzed. I think she had the ability to walk all along, but had the thought that she was paralyzed in her mind the whole time, thus didn't even attempt to walk until she had a reason to try. I don't think this is faith or fraud. I think it's just a case of a mis-diagnosis and improper rehab for this woman. I'm glad she's now able to walk again, and hope she's happy for the rest of her life.

October 22, 2010 at 8:20 am |
  10. m wood

The obvious – walking in heels? FRAUD!!!

October 22, 2010 at 8:20 am |
  11. John

Amen Dan! I can't even believe this is being asked. A hoax? Really? Yeah lets put our daughter in a wheelchair for 23 years and tell her not to move and to pretend she got hit by a drunk driver!

lol.

God is awesome! :)

October 22, 2010 at 8:20 am |
  12. Denora

If the women, her family, and community say she was healed let us rejoice. Whether medical science or a miracle could allow this to happen it is a wonderful message of HOPE!... If it is not the truth then lies always have a way of being reveled. Leave it there!

October 22, 2010 at 8:21 am |
  13. Jay Hubelbank

My wife has a legitimate nerve disorder and walks everyday, albeit with difficulty. But she hasn't worn heels since injury. Taking that into account, I find it more than curious that after 22 years of immobility, she immediately shod high heels.

October 22, 2010 at 8:21 am |
  14. mirrell

I guess if she hadn't been wearing the stilletos I'd have thought twice..she probably was able to walk for some time and took advantage of the wheelchair. ...now she'll be famous, stroll across the stage ( in her 4 inchers) and do her own dog and pony show and become a zillionaire..........what a life...

October 22, 2010 at 8:21 am |
  15. vanda

I have been walking for 66 yrs and I can't walk in 4 inch heels-what a miracle!

October 22, 2010 at 8:22 am |
  16. Matthew

I hate to be a skeptic, I don't buy it though...can we even verify she was crippled to begin with?

October 22, 2010 at 8:22 am |
  17. Amanda Wilson

Come on!!!!!! I certainly couldn't walk in those high-heeled shoes and I haven't been paralyzed.. Complete hoax or she wasn't really paralyzed.

October 22, 2010 at 8:22 am |
  18. Sandy

I have a picture of an angel in the sky taken in 1972 during a flood in my town. Some people see it right away – some people don't. It's almost 3 dimensional. I am not really religious.

October 22, 2010 at 8:22 am |
  19. Matthew

If I were Delia I would have lost hope that I ever could walk again. After years of being aided since she couldn't walk, I'm sure there was some point in which she didn't even attempt to walk anymore. That isn't to say she couldn't. It was at this faith healing that she felt internally she indeed could walk again. This doesn't mean that it was faith in the typical sense, it could have been her faith in herself that could do it.

October 22, 2010 at 8:22 am |
  20. Rcd

Does god just heal people at random? If so, why do they all seem to be borderline radical christians? You'd think if he wanted to increase his popularity he might try healing a skeptic.

October 22, 2010 at 8:22 am |
  21. Karen Palmer

Why are we such "doubting Thomas'" – Miracles are just that – an
    acknowledgment that God exists. Just as the rescue of 33 miners
    was another miracle, so is it that this woman walks again.
    We are all give choices – a choice to believe or not believe. For me,
    I choose to believe that there is so much more than life here.
    Praise God for the hope He alone can give.

Karen

October 22, 2010 at 8:22 am |
  22. Kevin Dennis

I believe in the healing power of Jesus but this seems to be a fraud and a way to become a huge you tube sensation.

October 22, 2010 at 8:22 am |
  23. Keith Newsome

Look at the the size of her legs, after 25 years of no movement they would look like twigs – It's a medical fact that no one could even stand after 25 years in a wheel chair without years of rehab. Give me a break!

October 22, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  24. Steve

Transparency is something that immediately gets in the way of this being a true "healing" story. The lady would be best off revealing her doctor's medical opinion (along with that of her PT). I do not doubt that he physical therapy – after 25 years – has finally started to work. And being in that atmosphere with the revival was probably very motivational to her. Put the two together and mix in a ton of adrenaline and you have a logical explanation for her walking that includes the power of science, healing, and faith. What is wrong with recognizing all three (working together)?

October 22, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  25. Ian King

Do you really think that someone sitting in a wheelchair for 23 years would have any leg muscle mass left? It would require years of physio to regain enough muscle to support the body.

Are we to think that such a person would wear high heels and choose to walk up a series of front steps while wearing them?

I think not.

October 22, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  26. Peter, ATL

A miracle is when you start off working in loafers, or barefeet after being paralized for 23 years. It is a FRAUD when you start off in 3-in high heels.

Even old time miracles were most probably more subtle, until they were retold a couple centuries later.

October 22, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  27. Donna

I am a believer. In short, my husband and I tried for 3 years of treatments to have a child. I was 38 with only one tube left and the fertility doctors told me to give up. We had one more shot for in vitro to be covered by our insurance and the doctors said our chances were only 10% success due to my age and medical condition. After a trip to Africa where we experienced a fertility ritual that included prayer by an entire village, we returned to the US, did the in vitro and had twins. Note – the village where we had the ritual is known for producing twins with a 100% success rate. My fertility doctor called my home and asked me for the information about the village so he could share it with other patients.

October 22, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  28. Tina Tschudy

If our family had not personally experienced a miracle, I would probably doubt, too. But Praise God! My daughter was blind from rod & cone dystrophy and glaucoma. I sent her to Reverend Nasir Iqbal in Redlands, CA. and in the name of Jesus, my daughter can now see clearly. God is good, God is great! Never give up or doubt. Healings and miracles do happen!

October 22, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  29. Michael Armstrong Sr.

This screwed up wold needs some miracles and some insurance of god so im going to go with the power of god .

October 22, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  30. Coleen C

The lady that couldn't walk for 25years. I find it really hard to believe and wonder why she chose 3inch spike heels to take her first steps to see her parents. The muscles in her legs / ankles would be to weak and atrophied to allow her to walk in those shoes. No way this was a miracle!!!

October 22, 2010 at 8:24 am |
  31. Chris

For someone that hasn't walked in 23 years her legs sure look healthy. I would like to see her a couple of hours before she walked and see if they were atrophied and then blew up like balloons. I think it's a real insult to people that really suffer with terrible injuries. But you know what I'm sure that some people will eat it up. You have to love that poo-poo ca-ca on a Jesus face chip.

October 22, 2010 at 8:24 am |
  32. Ginger Short

Christ can do what he wants to do. Is Delia's healing real? Only she and Christ know that answer. We should never question Christ and what he can do. It takes faith and belief. Many times even doctors are amazed by a healing they see with no answer as to how. I question why she would wear heels more than if she was healed and can now walk! Must be a girl thing.

October 22, 2010 at 8:24 am |
  33. Kelley Matton

In 2005 I had a large fibroid tumor that caused bleeding between periods. After praying for 7 nights and commanding that tumor to leave my body, it did. I was cooking dinner and felt something happening and the tumor came out! Gross, I know but a miracle too!

October 22, 2010 at 8:25 am |
  34. Mr. Ary Muller

Dear Kyra, I know that everything is possible when you really believe in GOD. I saw a 7 years old girl walk from a wheelchair right in front of me and my daughter 8 years ago in an evangelical church overseas. That girl was born paralyzed. If you have faith everything is possible.

October 22, 2010 at 8:25 am |
  35. Maggie

Amazing! Poking fun at faith healing (which may work for some people even if science hasn't been able to demonstrate it yet), poking fun at religion, asking the general public to "weigh in" about someone's life when all we know about it is your 60-second coverage ... masquerading as news coverage! Walter Cronkite would be ashamed of you.

I guess it's a good thing Delia was already a public figure ... though your story mentions her lifelong career as a gospel singer as an afterthought. At the start of this segment I thought you were making this intrusive, judgmental broadcast about an ordinary human being in the midst of a difficult situation. But I guess public figures don't have a right to privacy.

Of course, regardless of which religion it is, I could wish CNN would cover religious topics respectfully, without the 'nudge-nudge, wink-wink, we think this is a hoax' subtext, never mind Kyra's statement that your scientific experts think Delia's sudden walking is a hoax.

October 22, 2010 at 8:26 am |
  36. Arine Ward

Praise Be To The Most High GOD!

For all those that are speaking Fraud! LOL! Totally funny...this miracle didn't happen last night and she is walking today on heels...

This happened months ago...months ago...months ago...LOL...Read, Research, Reply...this is one of the main reasons America is in the shape its in...People will not read and research...Just because its not available readily on CNN take a moment and research...she didn't get healed on OCT 20 or 21 but months ago...

Finally I know plenty of women who have been able to walk since that age of 10mos to 1yr who "Still" can't "Walk" in "Heels"

Let God Be God and Stop Trying To Fraud Everything...but I'm sure its going to be Obama's fault...lol

October 22, 2010 at 8:27 am |
  37. Eduardo M

This is so fake. First, the woman could barely walk getting out off the wheelchair, which would be normal, if she couldn't walk for 23 years. But then, the woman is shown walking normally on high heel shoes. Come on! Who are they kidding? Is she going to be dancing next?

October 22, 2010 at 8:27 am |
  38. Dale Baird

I live in Virginia and have known Delia for over 15 years. I can assure you that this is a true miracle. Do you think she would voluntarily choose to stay in a wheelchair for 23 years? Her legs were like limp noodles and would not support her weight at all. I understand that the frauds of the religious world generate this skepticism but I can attest to the fact that this is a true healing!

October 22, 2010 at 8:28 am |
  39. Annette

My son was diagnosed with infantile spasms at 16mos with a grave outlook. He was given painful steroid injections for years. With family and friends around the world praying for him, we were able to find an outstanding neurologist, Michael Chez and neurosurgeon, John Ruge. Between prayer and the gift of those doctors, my son has been cured and we are forever grateful! Prayer does play a part but you cannot do it without the doctors.

October 22, 2010 at 8:29 am |
  40. Miracle is real through the power of Jesus Christ our Creator

Kyra believe me, there is a miracle (it is real) through the power of Jesus Christ. I have seen and have experienced different ones that could not be explained by medical doctors. I've being at a program in which lame worked and even recently a woman was healed of Asthma after 20 years and she's no more using her inhaler. You can experience one if you have faith in him that is our creator.

October 22, 2010 at 8:29 am |
  41. John

Amen Arine Ward.

October 22, 2010 at 8:29 am |
  42. Phyllis G

Kyra, I was born with an open heart and heard the doctor say "Do not send her to school or anything, for she won't be here long". My mother told me later his name was Dr. Riddell. The German Preacher Westphal
    told us "Believe the Bible, you can live". I said "Lord, if you let me live
    I am going to serve you". I am still here at 84 years of age.

October 22, 2010 at 8:30 am |
  43. Evelyn Torres

kyra, God bless you. It is not a wonder someone will choose to not to believe what it is written. But what you have seen it is not impossible because i am a witness. My mother was also in a wheelchair for many years, but i SAW when she decided to put her faith in the word of God and she also got up and started walking again. That is what he came for, to heal the sick, to make people free from any bondage. This happened 25 years ago, my mom is now 75 years old she goes church 4 times a week and she is still kicking. Thank God.

October 22, 2010 at 8:31 am |
  44. William Thomas

Yes its true God heals everyday to them that believe his Word I was healed of Clinical Depression 11 Yrs ago. I went to the Altar when I kneeled It was like fire hit me in the face and went all thru me I began to mend that night. I take no more Drugs anymore GOD is Real.

October 22, 2010 at 8:32 am |
  45. Kurt

I'm a disabled person from a spinal cord injury (motorcycle accident) and I'm discusted with something like this! She has obviously never been paralyzed and knowing what I know about the spinal cord something like this would be impossible to walk instantly! She would have been suffering atrophy and would have to learn how to walk again. It's medicaly impossible to repair a spinal cord! People like this make me sick, it gives some people false hope. She won't show medical proof or speak to her Drs because her hoax would be found out!

October 22, 2010 at 8:32 am |
  46. Dwayne Holland - Canada

Faith can't be explained by medical science, that's why it's called faith. Those who believe in Jesus know his power; sometimes its as simple as having the courage to face the challenges of life, other times its evident in the miracle of physical healing. Unfortunately when it's unexplainable from a medical perspective the world wants to discount it as hoax. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding".

October 22, 2010 at 8:33 am |
  47. Rick / North Carolina

My wife suffering with severe depression this past April, had felt so bad as to attempt suicide. I have a 9 shot 22 Caliber revolver for home protection and she had sat down in the shower stall and placed the gun to her chest. She squeezed the trigger 9 plus times and the gun did not fire. My son found her frantically searching for my box of extra bullets and after she confessed what she was up to , he called for police help. After arriving and getting professional phychological helpp present, the investigating officer questioned me as I was gone at the time. He said she attempted 9 shots and nothing happened, I told him the gun was loaded with 8 bullets I was sure. He went to his car and after opening the gun, found 8 unfired bullets with firing pin indentions on all 8. There's a miricle.
    Even if the bullets were old, for 8 to misfire, that was one possibility of a miricle. My son and I took the gun out of city limits and fired 7 of the 8 bullets that were in the gun used. Thank God for this one.

October 22, 2010 at 8:34 am |
  48. Michelle

Come on!!!! I am very strong in my faith, but am 35 years old and have trouble walking in heels! Your telling me that after 23 years of paralysis, she can walk fine in heels?....lol

October 22, 2010 at 8:34 am |
  49. Phyllis G

told us "Believe the Bible, you can live". I said "Lord, if you let me live
    I am going to serve you". I am still here at 84 years of age, serving HIM.

October 22, 2010 at 8:35 am |
  50. Rick

Hi Kyra, I was watching you this morning and I am affended by what I saw. I have ruptured disc but I am not in a wheelchair. I hope this woman is not lieing because she can cast a greater shadow of dis-blief than real miracles can bring faith. Her legs do not look like someone that been in a wheelchair for twenty years. If it is a hoax shame on her.

October 22, 2010 at 8:36 am |
  51. April K

I've known Delia personally since I was a child. She has always worn high heals because she's a lady of style! :) This truly is a miracle. I've seen other people paralyzed and after a touch from the ALMIGHTY, able to walk again. I've seen people deaf, able to hear again! I know what MY God can do and NOTHING is impossible for Him. I've seem him do miracles in my own life and I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that He did miracles 2,000 years ago and he's still doing them today!!!! People have no problem believing in Santa Claus, but have a tremendously hard time believing in a God that created them and breathed life into their bodies! Thank you Lord for your healing in my friend Delia!

October 22, 2010 at 8:37 am |
  52. Arine Ward

I applaud her and totally agree there is "Nothing" a Doctor or Medical Community can say to her...but attempt to inject her with dye and try and figure out what has happened!

Good For You Delia! Their services aren't needed...When a miracle of healing takes place...it comes with "Total and Complete Restoration" so whatever was lost was returned 100 fold...Read Read Read people just will not Read...

But because of the 1st Amendment they feel they have the right to speak...and thus again the Reason America is in the Shape its IN!

October 22, 2010 at 8:39 am |
  53. Dan

All the neigh-sayers above obiviously don't understand the power of God. After all he is the one who made us.
    He made the blind man see completely, raised Lazurus from the dead.
    When God performs a miracle, he doesn't do it PARTIALLY, he does it COMPLETELY. He is God.

October 22, 2010 at 8:39 am |
  54. Anne Therrien

Hi Kyra...When my son was 10 yrs. old he developed (mnay) warts on his fingers and, for some unknown reason, they were spreading to his wrist, knees, etc. We took him to a very reputable dermatologist in our area and the Dr, told us he would remove a few every week. Well, it was summmer and this trip to a very hot Drs. office with time away from having fun in the pool with his brothers was a very discouraging thought for him and all of us. That evening at dinner saying Grace, as we did every night, we held hands and asked the Lord to heal Jeffs warts. The following day when we awoke ALL the warts on Jeffs body were gone!!!...Not a week or a month but the NEXT day!!!...God is GOOD!

October 22, 2010 at 8:40 am |
  55. Melissa

Our God is an Awesome God! I've seen time and time again of people being healed all over the world for their Faith in Jesus Christ. Wake up people, JESUS is the way!

One of my cousins was healed of cancer a few years ago, she refused radiation treatment and Believed that God was Greater than cancer and believed that by Jesus's stripes she was healed and she was!! She is cancer free today. To God be the Glory!

October 22, 2010 at 8:41 am |
  56. Vince

Is there anything to hard for God? For those who believe in God the answer is no. I think because we live in a society that has so many unbelievers, it's hard to see this as anything but a hoax. Faith is believing that something can happen, even when it hasn't happened. If their faith in God caused them to produce a miracle, let them enjoy their time. What if it is real? 23 years is a long time to be faking, and for what just to say God healed her. Where is the News?

October 22, 2010 at 8:42 am |
  57. Sara

Yes! miracles are happening everyday for those who believe all things are possible in God. Delia's miraculous healing is only a surprise for those who do not know God (Jesus) as a miracle worker. Why should we pray or believe in miracles if we do not believe our request(s) would be answered. There is no doubt on my behalf.

October 22, 2010 at 8:45 am |
  58. Lauren Nance

We don't question near-hits on highways, miners trapped for months who live, resuscitiations or the like. But as soon as someonne publicly credits their God for their miracle the skeptics come-a-clamoring. Give me a break!

I do have a question for Delia, though...why the high heels??

October 22, 2010 at 8:52 am |
  59. Dave T

I, like this woman did not like revivals either cause I had been prayed over and pleaded with God too and gone home as sick as before. She admits being "flopped and dropped" over the years by faith healers. Some have said her legs should be withered, but with loving family care that need not happen. Some look at her heals and yell fraud! You don't know Class when you see it. She is a dignified woman and if she can walk home for the first time with healed legs...she's gonna do it in style. If Jesus made her legs new....WHY NOT SOME STYLIN" HEELS! Let the world know the healing is complete. In the Bible they leaped for joy! (not a shuffle in theraputic foot wear)

October 22, 2010 at 8:53 am |
  60. Mary

Certainly a miracle. Most of us know that God works in mysterious ways. I have witnessed real miracles take place during Healing services. I witnessed a miracle take place at a FR. DiOrio healing mass and also at a DR. Nemeh healing service. Of course we know that GOD is the healer and he chooses who will channel the healing to us. God Bless the people who are chosen.

October 22, 2010 at 8:53 am |
  61. Sam from Florida

I will never question God or His power. I am a miracle baby. Doctors before birth said that I would not make it and that my mom would risk her life if she go through with the birth. Here I am. Also, I have been in several major auto accidents, where several vehicles were completely destroyed. Here I am. I was voted in as the first black american student body president at a university in a state where the ex-governor of that state said no blacks would ever enter his state schools. Here I am. He (God) has helped me over come a serious drug addiction... Oct. 24th of this year will be one full year clean. Here I am. A few months prior, I was laid up in ICU for three days with tubes in all parts of my body, with a high fever and was released from the hospital four days later. Here I am. I will never give up in my faith in God.

October 22, 2010 at 8:55 am |
  62. Arine Ward

Yes Yes Yes Yes...Yes Yes.. Yes...If I were You I would Say Yes! Speak Lord, Speak To Me!

I absolutely LOVE it! Keep Pressing Delia!

The enemy comes to Rob, Kill and Destroy! But the "word" is and was with God and still remains Alive today!

Sometimes, you have to stand on what you believe and just because its not instant...doesn't mean its not going to happen...but are you crazy (radical) infused enough to still believe even when it doesn't happen for you!

Sometimes, we get so bogged down with what we see and forget about what is hidden in the heart...some will disagree and some will say its not true...same as they did to Jesus Delia they will do to you...

Keep on Pressing...Next Miracle!!!

October 22, 2010 at 8:55 am |
  63. Mr. Ary Muller

Dear kyra, when my wife was pregnant of my daughter we were told our baby girl was going to born paralyzed from neck to toe due to a brain tumor. We prayed for 6 weeks and she was healed. The doctors were speechless. Then she born with an obstruction in the channel which takes the urine from the right kidney to the bladder and the doctors told us she would die in few weeks. We prayed for 2 weeks and she was healed. What is impossible for humans is possible for GOD!

October 22, 2010 at 8:57 am |
  64. Mary

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
    I met Delia more than 15 years ago and she was in many church events as the invited singer. She would sing and praise God with this beautiful smile on her face, all while in her wheelchair. She had the ability to make people feel at ease and she never waivered in her faith. She never showed in her face any sadness, re:her disability. Although, she may have felt it internally because she was human, but one would never know this, because she was always happy. Her faith in the Lord is what has her standing today.

October 22, 2010 at 9:02 am |
  65. Doug Pruden

A believer yes indeed I have been to protestant faith healing religious crusades in the United states and have seen people rise out of wheelchairs myself. Miracles are happening all over the place! We are a miracle, life is a miracle. Healing are occurring all the time. God even hears seemingly odd prayer requests too. I once dared to pray that I would "find money on the ground" and believe this found a $100 dollar bill a few weeks ago! People always seem to drop or lose cash someplace. I wanted to BE the person that found it! I always seem to have that prayer answered its weird but true. God does answer prayer. He can get you jobs, health, protection and even cash if you need it!!

October 22, 2010 at 9:03 am |
  66. Magginkat

Amazing that one person compares this to the 33 miners rescue which was entirley a man made rescue. Others make excuses for the high heels. But one person nails it when he asked, Does god just heal people at random? If so, why do they all seem to be borderline radical christians?

October 22, 2010 at 9:04 am |
  67. Janet Carlson

What stood out immediately for me was that she was wearing high heels. No one that has not walked in 23 years is steady enough on their feet to walk in those. There is something very fishy about this miracle

October 22, 2010 at 9:08 am |
  68. Phil Adams

Are we so cynical that we have lost any faith about God's ability to do the impossible. I know there are lots of charlatans who give God a bad name but I rejoice in this lady's ability to walk again.......God or her time or what?

October 22, 2010 at 9:09 am |
  69. Arine Ward

God reigns on the Just and well as the Unjust...HE doesn't just say I AM going to heal this one or that one today....

The healing comes in the Belief...with no doubting...the healing comes forth when you decide I believe doctors have been given wisdom to bring what I need but God is bigger than the doctors, that they don't function without HIM

Healing is unique when you see someone for 23 yrs who didn't stop doing good because of the circumstances, but yet went on to help someone else...

Many times people with sickness get so out of sorts...hurt, depression, and anger come out on others...and sadly many never find the joy to live in the midst of anymore...thus a healing can't get through to a hardened heart!

Delia, never stopped trying to help others, just because she was in a wheelchair...she dressed and acted the part of a healed person, speaking those things that are not as though they were...acting like she received, when she hadn't and finally she received when she wasn't even expecting! That is the Blessing!

October 22, 2010 at 9:11 am |
  70. Kath Smyth

This is a miracle! Why all the hype about HER though?

October 22, 2010 at 9:12 am |
  71. Andrew Kennedy

Greetings,

Cannot be a hoax! Her husband is a preacher that believes in Faith healing. So why did they not "profit" of from this if it is a hoax a couple of years ago? Why sit in a wheel chair for 23 years? No this is an act of God! Something to really think about.

October 22, 2010 at 9:34 am |
  72. Andrew Kennedy

I see everybody asking about her high heels. Well, go and look at the last 23 years while she was stuck in a wheel chair. She has always worn high heels! Here is a challenge for everybody! Ask her to walk with out those high heels! Her body has been use to being paralyzed for 23 years, and her feet got use to high heels for 23 years! She cannot walk without them now! This is as authentic as we have ever seen!

October 22, 2010 at 9:40 am |
  73. Kim

There is always hope. Doctors are not always right. I believe the look in that woman's eyes was completely genuine. Things happen all the time without explanation. The reason we are here today is based entirely on your faith..And without faith, what do you have to look forward to in life? The man who says he knows about spinal cord injuries is not a doctor..and I believe he is a little bitter because he isn't the one walking and enjoying life now. Just be happy for someone. Let them recover if its possible. We all could use being witness to a true miracle.

October 22, 2010 at 9:45 am |
  74. Carlos G.

God’s power has no boundaries or limits. I have witness several miracles.

October 22, 2010 at 9:46 am |
  75. Alan Milner

If everyone who prayed to Jesus were cured, that would substantiate the power of prayer. Of the millions of people praying for such miracles, we see a very few who profess to have been cured in this manner, which means that Jesus is either very ineffectual or really, really lazy. There are conditions that faith can heal....a severed spinal column isn't one of them. I must point out, however, that someone who has been confined to a wheelchair for 23 years suffers such muscle atrophy that her legs would have been like sticks. Her's weren't The woman is a liar.

October 22, 2010 at 9:46 am |
  76. Jim Davis

Miracles, like beauty, are in the eye of the beholder.

October 22, 2010 at 9:48 am |
  77. Dude

I think the high heels she was wearing was about a week after she took her first steps. Who cares if she wants to wear heals then let her wear heels. The heels have nothing to do with her not being about to walk for 23 years and then being able to walk. One paralyzed poster on here said she wasn't even paralyzed. How do you know? Kyra read his post on TV. Of course she was. And now she walks. No one can even explain it so don't try to.

October 22, 2010 at 9:48 am |
  78. Laura

When Jesus healed a paralyzed man who had not walked from birth, the Bible says that man "picked up his cot and walked". He was healed so completely that he did not need any help from anyone. Are those who believe in faith healing today suggesting that Jesus is not able to heal so well today? That would explain why Delia had to be helped down the aisle and why she still appears to be weak-legged.
    Maybe someone should get the whole story here.

October 22, 2010 at 9:50 am |
  79. J. Irons, Bx., NY

Hi Kyra,

Look, its plain and simple! The Bible (God's word) says "Ask boldly in my name for whatever you want and know that I will do it, and it will be done." The woman had FAITH! And FAITH is all you need for healing according to His will. Thanks!

October 22, 2010 at 9:50 am |
  80. Brenda

A a young christian, I was saddened by the first two comments that were shared with the world this morning concerning the gospel single that God delivered after 23 years! I think that part of the reason that the world is seeing so much destruction and chaos now is because we have forgotten that God is always with us! We have forgotten who He is and so we rely on our own knowledge and ability to handle the mishaps that we encounter in our lives. I believe with my whole heart that the miraculous God that I serve is able to do anything and I am shocked at the doubt and the anguish in the comments that were aired this morning. Now is not the time for us to doubt God. So many more people could be healed from their ailments if only they believed! We have forgotten God, America but I'm so glad that he has never forgotten us!

October 22, 2010 at 9:51 am |
  81. Daniel

Miracles absolutely still happen and when they do they aren't able to be medically explained. It is no secret to the medical community that prayer definitely aids in recovery. I remember reading an article a few years back about a study that compared recovery results from those who had people praying for them and those who did not.

Healings happen suddenly and sometimes dramatically. Many don't realize that the Catholic church has some of the most documented and well researched healings in the world.

October 22, 2010 at 9:52 am |
  82. Matt

Look, just because medical science doesn't have an explanation doesn't mean there isn't one to be found. 200 years ago, nobody knew what a virus was, but they certainly existed.

A medical "miracle" is nothing more than a potential learning opportunity, to determine what is different about the person that allowed the body to heal itself when others didn't have that ability.

October 22, 2010 at 9:53 am |
  83. pam

i am a living witness of what God can do. I 've had 5 back surgeries and most of the time i would have to use a cane and moved like i had a crippling disorder. i walked in church on a cane and in such pain and was prayed over and ran out of the church. You have to have complete faith in God and patience, trusting in him. Those that don't believe don't belive that there is a God, because they question him. Even those that don't believe i dare you to ask God to help you with whatever you need . He is the only one that do what we cannot do.

October 22, 2010 at 9:54 am |
  84. Peter Wassill

Hello Kyra,
    Miracles happen all the time, from a baby born to people walking again, soldiers being blasted at yet no injury, doctors healing patients and God healing people by faith alone.
    If we believe in God existing then the miracles are there as well for us to see .
    Regards,
    Peter Wassill
    St Catharines, Ontario
    Canada.

October 22, 2010 at 9:57 am |
  85. Arine Ward

America, America, America...

If it doesn't cause harm, belittle someone, cause pain to the pocketbook, help a person of multi-racial backgrounds...

If it hasn't happened in our homes, in our sight its a hoax, a false, a hoax...

And then America wonders why 'she" is seeing the massive destruction on her land...because of her doubt and unbelief!

Heels..YES! She has worn heels all her life...the miracle didn't take place last night and she is walking today in heels...it happened months ago...America America America

October 22, 2010 at 9:59 am |
  86. Nory1970

I was healed from cervix cancer cells, my husband prayed to Jesus and the rest of my family prayed as well. If Jesus can heal tiny abnormal cells I'm sure that HE can heal mayor diseases, MARANATHA!!!

October 22, 2010 at 9:59 am |
  87. Peter L. Mickels

Kyra, in 1994 I was diagnosed as having bladder cancer. I was scheduled for surgery on a Tuesday, but the prior Sunday after church I said: "Not my will Jesus, but your will be done!" The morning of my surgery my wife was crying. I said to her, don't cry, I wouldn't be surprised if the Doctor says: "I don't know what happened, there is no sign of cancer." I was prepped for surgery, and some kind of test was done. My wife said the Doctor came out of the O.R. at the time surgery should have been starting, She asked what happened; He said my exact words: "I don't know what happened, there is no sign of cancer."
    I haven't had bladder problems since that day.
    Two years later my wife was miraculously healed. This is all documented.

October 22, 2010 at 10:02 am |
  88. 3 D Woman

This is a miracle! for those of you who don't believe- its understandable when your faith is not strong enough to allow you to comprehend that GOD heals, he never stopped healing! He works miracles every day! So what if he wants to put an exclamation mark on this particular miracle by having her walk in 4 inch heels – He is the Great I AM!
    For those of you that can't seem to understand or don't believe it will not reduce the power of what has happened in her life and how it has affected thousands of people around the world, everytime you say I don't believe someone else will become curisous and check out the video and next thing you know their lives have been change by the power of GOD- thank you for helping other come to the LORD
    Delia Knox a 3D Woman – Determination, Distinction & Destiny

October 22, 2010 at 10:04 am |
  89. Marie Dent

Anyone with any common sense at all would realize that unexplained things happen all the time. People now believe in germs in the air but in the last century doctors were laughed out of the profession for stating that harmful germs exist. God does heal and it doesn't matter whether the muscles are atrophied or the spine cant be healed by medical doctors. If he heals, it will be total and complete. Why would he do something any other way. This incident could or could not be a fake but don't under estimate the power of God

October 22, 2010 at 10:04 am |
  90. C.R.F.

Arguments like this about whether or not Delia's walking was fake or not make it hard for college students like myself to feel optimistic about the world we will soon be entering. Honestly why can't people just be happy for others? I mean come on, why do you have to take away something great and turn it into something bad? I just don't understand why anyone can't just be happy that she can walk again. Just the fact that she is still here on earth after being hit by a drunk driver is a maricle in itself. Also to say that it's bad that it gives people false hopes, what's wrong with that? No one person is exactly like the next, and maybe there is someone out there that just need is a little hope to get by.

October 22, 2010 at 10:08 am |
  91. JoNu

This is definitely God!! and as much as I hate egging on skeptics. . .I just have to say this.

YES! She's walking in heels. . .
    NO! this is not the first time she's been out of her wheelchair. the miracle happened almost 2+ months ago. This is obviously a progressive miracle, and I'm sure she's gaining more and more muscle every day!

Go YouTube "Delia Knox" and see the video from months ago. . .

man. . .God bless you whether you believe or not.

October 22, 2010 at 10:13 am |
  92. Kath

why is this about her heels when she wasnt walking and now is? God showed us a miracle

October 22, 2010 at 10:22 am |
  93. Jana Alcorn

Delia is a "WALKING MIRACLE"! For those of us who know Bishop Levy Knox and Delia Knox, we are WITNESSES and know that as we have seen her sit in her wheelchair, we now see her STAND healed by the power of our Lord Jesus Christ!!!!

October 22, 2010 at 10:51 am |
  94. kim

you know what, instead of putting your liberal spin on this, why don't you actually do some research and you will find out that this is an actual miracle. This woman has doctor reports. Look up the accident information from all those years ago. Aren't you supposed to be reporters?

October 22, 2010 at 10:52 am |
  95. Ed

I have witnessed this and hundreds of similar miracles (or works of God) throughout the world for the past 30 years...God is in the miracle working business...whether the critics believe it or not. Praise God for His Goodness and Power!

October 22, 2010 at 10:56 am |
  96. Neil

I have personally known Delia for over 10 years. Each time she sang at my church the deacons would have to assist her onto the stage in her wheelchair or she would just sing from the floor in her chair. Until now, I have NEVER seen her move a muscle, during that time. God is a healer.

October 22, 2010 at 10:59 am |
  97. Dan

Jesus performed MANY miracles, and he performed them completely, not just partially.
    I have a question for those who don't beleive in Jesus, the miracles he performed (which were ALL witnessed, as recorded in the bible), or that God exists.
    How can you beleive George Washington was the first president of the United States? There is NO ONE alive today when we say he was president.

October 22, 2010 at 11:00 am |
  98. Sandra

God is a healer. I have full faith in the healing power of God. This woman is walking praise God for this miracle. Just a small story, My daughter was 3 months old when I took took her to the Docters office because she was breathing weird. The Docter said she had pnemonia and prescribed her a strong antibiotic, my daughter was very sick. I tried to fill the perscription and had trouble getting the insurance to cover the cost and I couldn't afford to pay for it. I called my pastor, and at a church service they prayed for her and claimed healing over her. Two days later when I went back to the docters because I couldn't get the perscription the Docter listened to her and said she sounded great, no pnemonia at all. With her not having the medicine I was shocked that she was well. Praise God for my little miracle and praise God for this woman being able to walk.

October 22, 2010 at 11:01 am |
  99. David M

I believe it and rejoice in her freedom. I've seen God heal people in a lot of ways. As a person who's dedicated his life to Jesus, I bear a responsibility to see the hope, love and power of God's Kingdom at work not just in my life, but in the lives of others as well. Healing is one of the most tangible ways for God to show His love and power so people know He is good, and willing and able to help.

October 22, 2010 at 11:02 am |
  100. Dan

I am a devout, born-again Christian. Jesus Christ is the almighty, the ultimate physician.
    I am amazed at some of the doubts of those above who say they have a faith in Jesus Christ, but "doubt" this lady's healing.
    My question to you would be: are you truly saved? If you say you are a beleiver in Jesus Christ, why do you doubt what he can do?
    Do you remember Lazarus? He was dead, and not just a couple minutes, but for days. Jesus SPOKE and Lazarus came out. So, where is your faith?

October 22, 2010 at 11:17 am |
  101. Lori

A lot of people are afraid to believe. It makes one vulnerable to believe. So we harden our hearts and won't let anything touch us. Not even the truth. I challenge all who doubt this, whether you believe in Jesus Christ, are an atheist, or all that falls between these beliefs. I challenge you to pray and ask God to show you the truth about about miracles and specifically this miracle of Delia walking.

Go ahead and ask him to show you the real deal. It will require you to put your guards down, and be sincere in your request. His answers will amaze you.

October 22, 2010 at 11:18 am |
  102. Cherhonda

This is nothing but a miracle. As mentioned in earlier post there are doctor reports which confirm that she was in fact paralyzed. It's not about being a radical Christian, it's about being a faithful believer in the healing power of Jesus Christ and knowing that if he can cause dead bones to rise and live again, give sight to to the blind, turn water into wine, and die on the cross and rise on the third day, The he is more than capable of restoring feeling in the legs of Ms. Knox, AND if she is wearing high heels so what! God doesn't do a partial job. He loves completely, he forgives completely, and he heals completely. So her walking, and in heels is just an awesome display of the power of God. If a man had helped her to recover than yes, walking in heels right away would be improbable, but you can not judge God based on the rules of man. Because MY GOD CALLS THINGS THAT ARE NOT AS THOUGH THEY WERE...

October 22, 2010 at 11:20 am |
  103. Heidi

To those commenting on Delia walking in heels:
    She was healed August 27 - that was six weeks ago... and has been gaining strength.
    First critics were saying if it were really a healing, she wouldn't have to have any help walking & should be walking strong immediately.
    Now that she has regained strength, and continues to - you cry "fraud!"...
    There is medical proof - she did/does have a doctor & records. But, I daresay - to those critics –you would even be skeptical of the records and call them hoaxes and counterfeit.
    How sad for you that you cannot believe & celebrate.

October 22, 2010 at 11:21 am |
  104. Melissa

What happened to investigative journalism? If you would like to know if this is a hoax or not–research it a little. While I watched your story-I was wondering why I was seeing this story before you had researched it.

I personally have a spinal cord injury and have worked toward mobility for six years. Miracles do happen but this story shows sparse information about this woman and her recovery.

October 22, 2010 at 11:52 am |
  105. Joyce

I understand the skepticism – I have it too even though I believe in healing. I think one of the things I would ask those who say she wasn't paralyzed in the first place. I don't know. I would guess that she saw a doctor and has had treatment. Whether she didn't have a paralysis in some medical sense is almost irrelevant. For her, she couldn't walk. Everyone around her believed she couldn't walk – so she was paralyzed in some sense. Now she can walk.
    I used to think that all healing could be what we loosely call psychosomatic – then I realized that even if it is, it doesn't matter because someone couldn't do something and now they can - for that person it is a miracle.
    The other question I would ask is what motive does she have to lie about this? What motive for a hoax? Now if she goes on the circuit trying to get money for this – then maybe it's a hoax but I haven't heard that is what she is doing -
    For her it is a miracle -

October 22, 2010 at 11:54 am |
  106. Deb

Do you think she has been living in a bubble for all these years and everyday people in her town would not have know she could walk, stand, skip, stand on her head. You know the quote you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time. If it was a hoax you people who have never laid eyes on her would not have to declare this. There would be plenty of people that know her or have seen her out and about in Mobile screaming hoax. I think the medical community if they knew should could walk before this would also be chiming in. If this was a scam I assure you by now somebody would have already spoken up to get their 15 minutes. So hate it for you it is the truth, but you do not have to believe but it will not change the truth. Why don't you investigate, I bet somebody would tell y ou the truth and who knows it might change your life.

October 22, 2010 at 11:54 am |
  107. Andyman

For all of those who mention high heals. And how that couldn't happen. She actually had atrophy in her legs when the miracle first happened which does indeed happen when someone has been paralized for 23yrs. And its not just radical christians that get heal. But those are the ones who openly give God praise after they do get healed. That's why it seems more common that they get healed. As some say. God heals everyone all the time because he's a good God. You hear everyday that someone gets (miracilously) healed of cancer and what not and that's not just by chance! I believe God is still alive and is still in the healing buisness!!

October 22, 2010 at 12:01 pm |
  108. C.Joiner

God is a healer. I have witnessed his healing power personally.
    I don't get the issue about high heels. All I know is she was unable to walk for 23 years, now she can walk. WOW!
    I do understand why some people just don't believe, but trust me it's true.
    I encourage all believers & skeptics to due your due diligence and find out for yourself. It will amaze you...I think it is great that something like this is getting so much attention, because more people need to know that God is real, and he can change your situation.

October 22, 2010 at 12:44 pm |
  109. Bekka

I understand questioning Delia's miracle. The unknown can make us all a little crazy. This is something you can have confidence in. I have known Delia for almost 20 years. I know her, I know the situation, and I know the God that is our healer. It's no hoax. Her healing is not for her, it's for God's glory. And God's healing touch is for all of us. Reach out, take hold, and be set free.

October 22, 2010 at 1:27 pm |
  110. Elizabeth Goode

The Heavens are open ~ the waters of Heaven and the rivers of God are pouring out and Yes God is here!!!!!!! My God reigns He is alive and He loves his people. I am so glad the news is spreading it's an opportunity for people to know and reach out and be healed. People need help and God is here to touch.

October 22, 2010 at 1:39 pm |
  111. Penny

GOD is a healer and can do ALL things!! I know this as my mother was recently healed from lung cancer!! He has performed many miracles in the past and will continue to perform miracles!! If she wants to wear heals than more power to her, she hasn't been able to walk in them for 23 years, so why not, now she can!! I am so amazed at all the doubts I am reading. Now is not the time for us to doubt God. So many more people could be healed from their ailments if only they believed! We have forgotten God, America but I'm so glad that he has never forgotten us! I He is there for you, all you have to do is call on the name, JESUS!

October 22, 2010 at 2:41 pm |
  112. Ann Meadows

Okay so some of us can believe that the miracle can happen to heal her and allow her to walk but we cant believe that our God can show off a little and fix those atrophic muscles and put her in some high heels.
    Come on now, God can do anything!!!! Our skeptical world, of course has to nit pick the inevitable....I saw Delia in a wheelchair and heard her testimony many years ago. I'm sorry but her God and my God, Jehovah Rapha, is the great physician and healer! Praise God!

October 22, 2010 at 4:07 pm |
  113. Anne

Of course it's a miracle. God is showing all the agnostics, skeptics, unbelievers and atheists out there that he's alive and real. Obviously those who think it's a fraud don't know her. How can you fake being paralyzed for 22 years? Come on give us a break ! One thing for sure Delia couldn't walk for 22 years now she is walking. All praise and glory and honor to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

October 22, 2010 at 4:30 pm |
  114. Dave

Think this out logically folks. If a person has been paralyzed for 23 years, their legs would become extremely weak simply from the lack of movement. Muscle is lost, deteriorated.

No one is simply going to get out of a chair and walk after not doing so for 23 years. Period. There is no 'miracle' here at all. End of story.

October 22, 2010 at 4:34 pm |
  115. Diane

I have known Delia for over 20 yrs. Attended church with her at The Tabernacle in Orchard Park until she got married. Delia always believed that God would heal her and He did!. For all those who are having trouble with Delia wearing high heels .... well watch her progress on You Tube. Her first steps, on August 27, were not in heels and were very awkward. But she believed God and kept on walking. Heels ... praise God!

October 22, 2010 at 4:44 pm |
  116. Tarek (lebanon)

It is amazing how we rationalize stuff that we doubt everything these days. Come on, people are honest. Some are Fraud, yes, but we can't dismiss anything we can't understand or analyse by stating that it is a Fraud.

October 22, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  117. Denise

It's for real!! I've known her 18 years. I spent a week with her in Mobile and the reason for the heels is it is more comfortable due to position of her feet hanging arched for 22 years in a wheelchair. It's a God thing!

October 22, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  118. Sheryl Baird

My husband & I have known Delia for about 15 years. She has visited in our home a number of times. We even had a ramp built to facilitate her getting in and out. We have been on 2 cruises together and Delia's positive attitude has been an inspiration to all that she met because she embraced life, even from her wheelchair. I can say without any reservation that Delia's being able to walk is indeed a miracle of supernatural power. On a couple of occasions, we all posed for a picture with Delia "standing", her arms around my neck and the neck of a friend and we held her up. Her legs and feet dangled like carrots on a string with absolutely no movement, strength or muscle tone in them. You know, it really doesn't matter whether people "believe" or not, the fact remains. She was wheelchair bound for 23 years and now she is able to walk and getting stronger every day. So many of you have griped about her wearing heels. Come on now, if you hadn't been able to put your feet on the ground and stand for that long, wouldn't you just love to wear a beautiful pair of shoes?!? I also want to say I was very dismayed that the medical facility in Atlanta would actually go on record and make a judgment about whether this could be true or not without even examining the patient. Says a lot about the integrity of that institution. I'm celebrating with Delia and her family!! This is GOOD news–for a change!

October 22, 2010 at 9:14 pm |
  119. Debb

I know a person who was at this revival and witnessed this miracle...Why are people so quick to believe the devil's lies? This is not a hoax! This is another example of GOD'S healing power !...HE is forever faithful !

October 22, 2010 at 9:29 pm |
  120. Don

Wow, what is really unbelievable, is all these people on here saying it is a fraud because she walked in high heels, or her legs are too strong, all her doctors where stupid for 23 years and misdiagnosed her....blah, blah....etc. God is so much bigger then your "simple minded" explanations of what a miracle is. I would say that it proves it is a miracle because her legs are strong,and she is walking in high heels...Do you really think God isn't going to do it in a big way?

October 22, 2010 at 9:41 pm |
  121. Doris Finney

I was there, at the revival in Mobile!!! Very powerful move of God....That's what He has always promised us, that he would show us His glory, and pour out the former and latter rain!!!!!!!!!! Go God

October 22, 2010 at 10:08 pm |
  122. Felicia

Folks, you are looking at a healing from the one and only God himself. Quit fighting the fact that miracles do happen. We take so much for granted and we have so much stuff in our society that we miss so many of the miracles, big and small that are right in front of our faces!

October 23, 2010 at 5:42 am |
  123. Antoinette Holmes

Nothing is impossible with GOD he heals the sick, he raises the dead, and he is AWESOME
    Thank You JESUS for what you have done!

October 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm |
  124. rich spry

even if sceptics are right and that it was all in her head, it was still faith that healed her

October 23, 2010 at 8:35 pm |
  125. fremontgirl

Seen many comments about Delia wearing "heels". I met Delias sister about 2 wks after Delias miracle and believe me, her healing is real. I know personally that Delia was healed back in August and has been working on walking for about 2 months. She didn't just come up out of the chair walking in her high heels. It has been a daily progression for 2 months now. I know many ministers that know her personally and can say without a doubt that she has been unable to walk for 23yrs. Her sister was so estatic she could hardly contain herself while I was speaking with her. It truly is a miracle and I am so glad to be alive in this day and season....you haven't seen nothing yet!!! God is on the move and healing many throughout the land. Delias testimony has spread like wildfire and I know of many churches now that are experiencing the miraculous hand of God in their services....you can see her first video when she started getting feeling back in her legs on youtube and their has been a progression from that day forward. Why is it so difficult to believe that we serve a healing God? If he can do it for Joshua, Moses, David and others, than why not us???? Lord, whatever your doing in this season, don't do it without me............

October 24, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  126. Amy G

I have known her PERSONALLY for a long time-she WAS not misdiagnosed--would you not want a healing for something like this for someone you loved???? Someday all of you mocking will see just what happens with Jesus..... Praying for all of you doubters.........she was unable to walk for 23 yrs--and God has healed her-it is just the beginning!!

October 24, 2010 at 5:42 pm |
  127. Scott Gibbs

I've know Delia for over 8 years and a close acquaintance of her husband. I am astounded at the human ignorance that is posted on this blog. I guess the question to ask is, "Do you believe there is a supernatural God who can heal?" For those who doubt God is able, I pity your soul. FACT: Delia could not walk and now she can.

October 25, 2010 at 8:37 am |
  128. Deborah R.

The secular media in the USA always causes Americans to bicker and feud over all issues deemed newsworthy. How can we ensure peace among teens in schools when the first ones fanning the flame of discord is the media? It's no wonder our American streets are filled with violence and hatred. The greatest example of discord is the American media!!! Truly this is a miracle!!!! I've known Lady Delia for more than 38 years and still vividly remember when my father told us she had been in an accident and paralyzed on Christmas 1987.

October 25, 2010 at 6:07 pm |
  129. Deborah R.

Why can't we as good Americans just cry with those that cry and laugh with those who laugh. Only when we feel true compassion and empathy for others can we experience true joy in our own lives. Let go of the bashing and angry accusations and accept that something good has happened in Lady Delia's life. If you want to believe otherwise, feel free to do so, however, please do not belittle the miraculous healing Delia has had in her life! The important thing here is that SHE has had a supernatural visitation from the ALL MIGHTY! Delia, her family and her extended church families, both in Buffalo and Mobile and around the world who knew her before and after her healing have experienced a miraculous physical transformation unexplained by medical science. Let us as reasonable men and women agree to disagree and respect each other for the experience and knowledge of this miraculous event. Use the power of your words to express hope and acceptance and do not let self limiting beliefs rob you of the great joy and triumphs that can be attained when you open yourself up to the thought that maybe, just maybe there is a greater power at work that can truly help us to overcome the stress and hardships we all face just because we're human. Maybe by becoming more accepting of others testimony of their experiences we can begin to set the stage for change in the violence and hatred that is affecting every American city today.

October 25, 2010 at 6:34 pm |
  130. Sarah L

If you don't believe that God can heal you should watch the revival with someone who has health problems,maybe you can see a miracle with your own eyes.I was watching when she had her miracle.And we don't have to help God out he is big enough to take care of himself.He is awesome!

October 25, 2010 at 8:18 pm |
  131. Keith

I find that some of the comments that are posted are pretty funny. Most people are attempting to make sense of this incident logically. Of course in a normal situation, if a person is learning to walk, they would not do it in heels. However a miracle is defined as an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause (per dictionary.com). Therefore you cannot use rational thinking to make sense of miracles. It should surpass what is natural or what can be explained. What will it take for people to believe? I believe in a God who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, and above all we can ask of even think. Just open your hearts people.

October 25, 2010 at 11:07 pm |
  132. MD

Many of the previous comments have come from die hard skeptics... and many of them are asking why God doesn't heal skeptics. The truth is, he does, because I was one. I graduated as valedictorian of a well-known University and honored my intellectual capacities highly... but I struggled with chronic Lyme Disease for almost 3 years. I didn't really believe God healed anymore, but he healed me in a moment of repentance at church. My long time shoulder injury and lyme disease was healed instantaneously and I have been symptom free for 6 months now. Take it for what it's worth, but I too was a skeptic and have seen so many miracles since my healing that I find it nearly impossible to remain skeptical anymore.

October 26, 2010 at 10:25 am |
  133. Believer

Well, the truth can surely be sour and not so nice, but in the end, so be it, I stand by my faith in a living God who is the Healer of all nations and all things, He was and is still very much present and alive and if it were not for Him, I would not be here, my miracle is pretty much being alive, but He has done other things medically speaking as well... In the end men have been given free will, so one can choose to believe or not believe but in the end, those that take heed to His Word, shall be able to take to heart what the gospel is really about. Even scientist have doubts amongst themselves and their theories, man will continue to search for the answer of life, the beginning and end of things but in the end not even the most highest intelectual being will ever know the answer to life itself. Everyone wants to be right in what they say and no one has ever been willing to truly listen to what is true.
    What was done with this woman is more than a miracle, and I firmly believe it was and always will be.

October 27, 2010 at 8:46 am |
  134. Ruth A Jacobs

To those of you Testifying of the Lord's miracles. Be blessed! To those who acquired a Medical Degree by osmosis I ask you?...Do you know ..Delia?..Were you or are you now one of her Doctors or Therapist.I suppose you know she was crippled because.....Her spinal cord was severed. Drs. Diagnosis: NO HOPE! Remarks were also made, "that a person in her condition should not be so Overjoyed " believers understand this. This is not up for debate. The heels, the heels her friends said she Always wore them, before and after! When GOD heals being a creator.....He fixes what is broken and makes the person complete. Shoes or no shoes. And here I stop. enough said but for 23 years her mother prayed, her family, church, friends prayed without weakening, even when nothing was happening. That night was her night!She has been an inspiration and a hope since she came to Zion Bible Institute many years ago.

October 27, 2010 at 11:36 am |
  135. Julia T

I'm not sure how someone who was paralyzed for 23 years could get healed at a Christian revival meeting by blind luck. How does blind luck heal anyone? What is blind luck?
    It appears that blind luck has healed some other people at that revival, too. They have posted medically documented healings and miracles from a brain tumor in a child, and now a woman who was deaf her entire life.
    I'd say that revival meeting is one lucky place for a sick person to be!
    Julia :)

October 27, 2010 at 4:22 pm |
  136. Laurie Idahosa

I met this lady 5 years ago at a church in Atlanta. This is indeed a genuine miracle. When I met her, she was in a wheelchair and was paralyzed from the waist down. Even in her disabled condition, her faith and commitment to God was strong. She has remained an inspiration to people around the globe as someone who can stay strong and have a positive outlook in the midst of personal tragedy. Now that she is healed, it is a testimony to the world of the faithfulness and mercy of God! This is a medically confirmed miracle and the medical reports are available for all of the skeptics to see. We give all the glory to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the healer of our bodies and our souls. I pray that CNN takes more time to report the goodness of our God in future broadcasts.

October 27, 2010 at 5:08 pm |
  137. Tyler Bowie

Logic and God don't always go hand in hand. In fact they rarely go together.

This is either a miracle of God that after 23 years of paralysis and muscular dystrophy she is able to walk (and in heels no less! But if this was the first time i could walk in more than two decades i would test the limits too! I'm a man and I would dawn heels! I would probably tryout stilts too.)

OR it is a very elaborate hoax!

I'm sure everyone can think of every possible way she could be faking this, some theories may make sense, others will be beyond logic and reason (much like God...except for the being human part.)

I for one am very happy for this woman and her ability to walk again. If not for the first time in 23 years then at least for the first time in public in 23 years.

Now if you excuse me I need to find some stilts and learn how to walk.

October 27, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  138. Kelsei

I have been in a service where she was and let me tell you it is no fake freak show, or it was not planned. The glory of God is all of this woman if you cant see that you might want to open your eyes. to God be the glory!

October 27, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  139. bambolam12

The reason she is in high heels is that she was wearing them when she was healed therefore being the only thing she knows how to walk in. They make her feel safe and help support the arch's in her feet. Praise God for healing for Mrs. Delia

October 28, 2010 at 1:44 pm |

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 20,296 other followers