Today on CNN Newsroom

November 25th, 2010

30 Second Pitch

Kolaco Acqui would be thankful to land a fulltime job! Kolaco, has been out of work for nearly two years. She has experience in finance (analytical) and the fashion industry (Retail/Wholesale). However, she doesn’t want to be bound by a job title, therefore any position that requires her analytical and technical skills balanced by negotiation and people skills will be desirable. If you are interested in hiring Kolaco Acqui email her at mskolaco@hotmail.com Also check out her website: seabythewaterside.com

Filed under: :30 Second Pitch • Anchors • Kyra Phillips
  1. Norma Adams

I had the opportunity to catch Kolaco's 30-sec pitch for employment! I've NEVER interacted to leave comments on CNN's site however I want to share my comments about the amazing, inclusive and thorough presentation Kolaco performed! I think she'd be a wonderful and new asset as an employee for CNN! Has anyone there ever thought of hiring Kolaco!

Thank you for the opportunity to share my feedback!

November 27, 2010 at 8:24 am |
  2. Jo Richards

Ms. Acqui's pitch and story was very interesting and inspiring. I hope CNN follows up with her. I would love to know how the pitch has impacted her professional life and business endeavour (whether Collin Powell like the pepper sauce). I've seen other pitches before that did not covey as much as she did in such a short period. Good luck in all your endeavors Ms. Acqui.

November 29, 2010 at 10:02 am |
  3. Sonya

Hire Kolaco for a permanent spot on CNN! What a poised and professional woman. Her smile made my day!

November 29, 2010 at 10:09 am |
  4. david isaac

"EXCELLENT"

November 29, 2010 at 10:13 am |
  5. Owen J.

I also was very impressed with Kolaco's interview. I have seen so many of the these where people are not prepared to explain what they do and what they are looking for. Her presentation was excellent, very professional.
    I agree with Sonya, Kolaco can definetly work for CNN.

November 29, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  6. Lori G

I have had the pleasure of working with Kolaco in the Retail/Wholesale industry for over 5 years, and her 30sec. pitch did not do her justice. If you all were impressed with her in 30 seconds wait until you get a full sample.

Kolaco is a management dynamo who shaped my career today. She has excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills, and superior communication skills with senior executives.

I emplore you to strongly consider Kolaco for a position with CNN because I can not think of anyone else who would bring such professionalism, honesty, and the ability to engage as Kolaco Acqui.

November 29, 2010 at 11:28 am |
  7. Samuel L. Williams, Jr.

Ms. Acqui comes highly recommended for a position with CNN. She's energetic and holds a MBA degree. I know her as being analytical, goal-oriented with strong management and administrative skills. She's excellent at evaluating others, exceeding goals, initiating actions and setting standards. Would make a positive contribution to any entity.

November 29, 2010 at 2:22 pm |
  8. Jack Mitchell

Ms. Acqui has an extremely positive spirit and a very strong determination to focus and excel in all that she does. She demonstrates these characteristics not only in her efforts but she has often provided the same level of inspiration and motivation to help others to stay positive and to pursue their goals. Her ability to "listen" to others and to recommend innovative solutions to issues is a valued skill-set that can enhance any organization. Ms. Acqui is a proactive thinker and team player who will make contributions in any type of setting.

November 29, 2010 at 8:10 pm |
  9. SabrinaH

Wow!! Amazing!! Clear, concise and interesting!! If I was an employer I would definitely bring her in to interview! Not only obviously educated, talented, engaging and well spoken, but looks good on camera too!!

November 29, 2010 at 8:52 pm |
  10. W.O.Fernandez

A well flowing pitch. I thought Kolaco Acqui did a fantastic job delivering her experiences and qualifications, with confidence.

The fact that she has taken the initiative to start a small business, while actively searching for a employment, speaks volumes of her take charge attitude, leadership skills and business acumen. The right employer would benefit from her business skills and professionalism.

November 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm |
  11. Stacy

This woman has left a positive and lasting impression! I imagine that would be a big plus in the retail/wholesale industry. Hopefully, some very smart hiring executives were watching.

November 30, 2010 at 6:52 am |
  12. Martu R.

CNN, kudos for your selection of Ms. Kolaco Acqui on Thanksgiving Day to do the 30-second pitch; very appropriate. Considering this young black lady has been out of work for over a year, it was very evident she is a go-getter and determined to make the best of her situation.

She is articulate, intelligent and incredibly inspirational. It is always great and encouraging to see a young black follow her dreams.

Thank you to Frederika for taking the time to share her story beyond the 30-second pitch. That was a wonderful jammed packed interview. I wish the young lady much success in landing a job ASAP and great success kicking her business of the ground.

Awesome 30-pitch especially on a day for giving thanks. I certainly give thanks for this young woman's incredible determination and spirit. Thank you.

November 30, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
  13. George Siaway, PhD

She articulated her pitch extremely well, given the limited time allowed. I wish her the best in exploring employment opportunities.

November 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm |
  14. D Harrison

Awesome Job! I look forward to following her progress at CNN.

November 30, 2010 at 6:59 pm |
  15. jada

I think this young lady has the makings of a future mogul. She's educated, talented and skilled. I think this is just the beginning of her television sightings...take note CNN. Many celebrities started with a cameo. I'll be curious to follow this go-getter in a reality-type series to see how this woman lands her job or finds a new opportunity, after an elongated search.
    CNN–let's follow up with her!

November 30, 2010 at 8:59 pm |
  16. David S

Your selection of Kolaco's pitch for Thanksgsiving morning was very refreshing. She is an impressive young executive and truely represents the wealth of talent in this country. She also had the poise of CNN on-air contributor. Fredricka and Koloco would make a great team - I would like to hear more from Kolaco on CNN!

December 1, 2010 at 11:17 am |
  17. N. Tatum

I was impressed by Kolaco Acqui's pitch! She appears driven, and has demonstrated her ability to come through adversity by surviving this job market crisis. I look forward to seeing her progress.

December 1, 2010 at 8:37 pm |
  18. Harold Coleman

Kolaco has impressive credentials and I believe that she has the experience and the expertise that you can trust to get the job done!

December 1, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  19. Beyan G. kesselly

This young lady was very impressive in 30 seconds; she knows what she wants and will be a great addition to any employer – Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump and CNN. To other investors and entertainers, take heed, you have a great talent here. She seems like a well rounded individual that will fit in any role and organization based on her skill set.
    I am praying for you and all the best, Ms. Acqui.

December 2, 2010 at 11:21 am |
  20. Vince Jackson

CNN, I applaud your network for your ":30 second pitch" platform allowing insight to some of the brightest minds who unfortunately have been affected by the economic crisis. Ms. Acqui has outstanding credentials and whether its a Fortune 500 executive or a young start-up company founder/investor who's reading this. . . This woman is dynamic and it won't be long before she's OFF the market! Make the call!

Well done Kolaco. . . It HAS to be only a matter of time!

December 2, 2010 at 3:39 pm |
  21. Michael Smith

Kolaco's presence, skill set, and personal conviction show through eloquently, despite her having only 30 seconds on this segment. She is a leader in every way, and has the "it" factor.
    Her best work, and the mark she will leave on people are still ahead of her. . That DOES come thru on this short interview.

December 2, 2010 at 3:39 pm |
  22. Adonnica

Kolaco Acqui could be the exemplar for all professionals.

Pure intelligence, sophistication, confidence and savvy, all rolled into one!

December 2, 2010 at 7:03 pm |
  23. Pat

Great job, Kolaco!
    Kolaco would make a great addition to any company. The courage, determination and strength that she has demonstrated through these challenging times is impressive. These strengths are key attributes that are so valuable especially to an organization within a competitive environment. I hope that her 30 second pitch will land her a job very soon.

All the best and good luck.

December 5, 2010 at 8:52 pm |