Today on CNN Newsroom

December 22nd, 2010

Your Fresh Start for 2011

As the end of the year approaches, many of you may be sitting by the lava lamp and writing down your resolutions for the new year:

Do you plan to get back into your "skinny jeans"?

Be more plugged in to social media... or less?

Quit smoking once and for all?

Manage stress better?

Drink less alcohol?

Make more time for your family, friends, loved ones?

Finally go after that master's degree you've been putting off?

Make a barbeque recipe to rival Uncle Jack's secret sauce?

Hone on your DIY skills to become a "Mister or Miss Fix-it"?

As you reflect on the days that have passed in 2010, and set the bar high for yourself, share your plans with us.

We want to hear not only what your goals are, but what your game plan is for achieving them.

How do you plan to keep the goal in mind, and not have it dissolve at the first whiff of a hot Krispy Kreme donut?
We'd like to help.

Your project could become the focus of a CNN Newsroom segment, complete with expert advice, and planning tips to help you and those inspired by you... to succeed.

So rather than spend the next 12 months ruminating about what you didn't achieve last year...  plug-in and prepare for a fresh start and share your plan with CNN Newsroom.

1. sunsetbeachry

Tony thank You and MerryChristmass; Remember all of us who did come home sometimes whole sometimes not from 'nam and where never given a just reward, upon coming back after a "war"
    chuck'65

December 24, 2010 at 12:36 pm |
  2. William Cane

My New` Year's resolution is to spend less time watching television and surfing the Internet and more time doing charity work in New York City. I plan to keep these goals in mind with signs posted on both floors of my duplex penthouse apartment, including in each of the three bathrooms (including the guest bathroom) on the mirrors. My image consulting firm will also help since at manhattanmakeovers.com a number of our clients have agreed to help me by reminding me with phone calls.

December 27, 2010 at 1:05 pm |
  3. Robert

Give me a break. I live in Winnipeg and this snow is normal. We know how to live with it and continue on. Our airport can deal with 2 feet of snow and not blink. If your airports cannot deal with this, tough. The passengers complaining? Suck it up/

December 28, 2010 at 11:09 am |
  4. BP

Mr. Harris, I have to let you know that I love how you allow your real personality to come through while on TV. With you there is none of that acting like a mold straight out of broadcasting school. Keep up the good work and thanks for staying real to yourself and keeping it real with us viewers...

December 28, 2010 at 12:51 pm |
  5. Terry Dolph

I directed television news in California for 12 years and have worked with some awesome anchor people. Tony Harris is my current favorite anchorman. Fun, informative, down to Earth, great sense of timing and humor. You bring a refreshing human style to the business Tony and I felt like I had to tell you how much I appreciate your talents. Keep doing what you are doing Tony. Thank you.

December 28, 2010 at 12:52 pm |
  6. Gene Lucas

Even though I'm 81, I will be attending college in the spring. For my goal, I have vowed to research the viability of growing sweet sorghum in California.The way I will stay with it is with a special project with the AG department at CSU-Chico. If I fail, I get an F!

December 30, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  7. David Lituma

My new years resolution consists of a few things that i feel need to be adjusted. One i find a top priority is to be more sociable and be connected to the media more, nice

January 2, 2011 at 6:15 pm |

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 19,081 other followers