Today on CNN Newsroom

January 25th, 2011

BIG I: Keyboard-Free PC, Remote-Free TV

You've probably ALL seen Microsoft Kinect – the biggest baddest gaming device out there – allowing your on screen character to do whatever you do – without a controller or wires or handheld anything.   What if you could control your PC or TV the same way?  PrimeSense has done it.

Click here to check out PrimeSense.

Filed under: Ali Velshi • Anchors • The Big I
  1. Christina Ginn, CNN Producer

It's been done by hackers, but not brought to market as a product.

January 25, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
  2. Lionheart

President Obama is doing very well in all categories with the exception of Immigration he urgently needs to fix this major area because remember this country was built by immigrants if this area of concern is not fix our country will have a major breakdown

January 25, 2011 at 2:26 pm |
  3. Ollie

It’s a shame that integrated seating at the S/N speech is being trivialized by the media and bloggers. It is not a prom and nobody's dating. It is intended to be the beginning of a return to civility.

January 25, 2011 at 3:45 pm |
  4. Satish

Christina, I saw your story with Ali Velshi yesterday. I thought the Kinect was a creation of MS. But you opened up my eyes to the fact that this technology was brought to the market by Prime Sense. I would like to see other applications for this tech. Can you provide me a pointer to how to contact their VP of sales? This may have a great app in the medical imaging area!

January 26, 2011 at 11:57 am |
  5. onlinehealthmedicine

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.

January 30, 2011 at 3:25 pm |
  6. murad Velshi

Mubarak is not the problem. It is the policies of the western governments supporting tyrants in return for their wealth and suppot of the west's policies.

The US and Western Governments need to look at what the people want; whether they are Egyptians, Jordanians, Palestinians or Afghans.

By supporting the Shah of Iran we helped create an anti-west radical religious group. nothing and this will continue to happen throughout the Middle East.

The sooner we figure it out the better it is.

February 1, 2011 at 1:17 pm |
  7. charles mcphate

I think it is great that the most powerful country in the world is also the policeman of the world. where would the world be without you. I am so proud to be your nabour. keep up the great work.

February 1, 2011 at 1:39 pm |