Today on CNN Newsroom

January 27th, 2011

BIG I: Smart Appliances

Appliances that talk to you, talk to the repair center and give you suggestions on saving energy!

They're called smart appliances.  For today's Big I, we focused on Kenmore's brand new technology called Kenmore Connect.

Click here to check out Kenmore Connect.

Click here to link up to Kenmore's Facebook page.

Filed under: Ali Velshi • Anchors • The Big I
  1. Art N

The industry should use the already available "Power-line carrier" technology to automatically communicate trouble issues without human intervention. The user/owner will then receive information through text, email or instant messaging regarding the situation. This communication link can be setup when registering the product.

This power line carrier technology has been around over 30 years.

January 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm |
  2. Steve Cavitt

I'd remove my kid from that school. I teach my kids that sex and color don't make you the person nor should one be singled out because of how they were born. Are they going to separate a child born with a disability from those who weren't born with one?

January 27, 2011 at 2:04 pm |
  3. Terry Black

I have a trip planned with my three young granddaughters, I am not young, either, in March is this situation critical in Egypt?

January 28, 2011 at 3:27 pm |
  4. ROZEN

If Mobarok regime has nothing to hide than why the foreign journalists are under attack? Foreign journalists are facing what Egyptians have faced for 30 years. Welcome to Mobarok regime.

February 2, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
  5. Madeline

Ali. I usually love your show but today you are asking a question that can and should be answered by the person involved. Gabby Giffords' husband is not an elected politician (though his wife is, but can't speak for herself) , so you or anyone else, especially the general public

February 3, 2011 at 1:13 pm |
  6. Madeline

IT IS NOBODY'S BUSINESS but that of Gabby and her husband what decision they make about space or anything else. YOU DISAPPOINT ME ALI, for even asking such a question. Would you want the general public pressuring you with their usually inane comments about a decision that is your's only to make? I know I certainly wouldn't. Your question is intrusive, inappropriate and just plain DUMB!! I usually love your show but again, you disappoint me in this.
    Madeline Banfield.

February 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm |
  7. Abu

Induction is a type of cooktop that works on elretco-magnetics. As a result you need a steel/magnetic pan.Are these suitable for the oven?Depends upon how hot the (silicone) handles can go and how hot you want to turn on the oven. The website does not mention a temperature limit on the handles so you'll have to look at your paperwork for the pans.

November 1, 2012 at 2:57 am |