Today on CNN Newsroom

February 22nd, 2011

BIG I: The Big, The Bad, The Innovative

Click here to see the complete list.  Also check out their Top 10 By Industry section towards the bottom of the page.

Click here to check out Fast Company's website.  Trust me.  You'll love it.

Click here to check out Bob's latest Letter From the Editor.

Click here for Fast Company's Facebook page.

Click here for their Twitter page.

Filed under: Ali Velshi • Anchors • The Big I
  1. Kathryn VonGethicker

I think rather than destroy the middle class, and BTW unions are the only reason that there are remnants of a middle class, why aren't the politians offering to cut their huge salaries and benefits? They should be the first to lose benefits. When was the last time they were periodically tested to see if they can do their jobs?

February 22, 2011 at 2:23 pm |
  2. kaligt55

In the town I live one of my producers found over a million dollars hidden in the school budget. The guess who told us was the guy who was vice president of the school committee. He later was arrested for embezzling $35,000 from the company he worked at.
    The goings on on the inside that you people are sacrificing your kids for is horrible. There is no question the cuts begin on the inside first. Oh by the way,,,the town is Pawtucket RI the one in question that has been going broke since the 80s and has been talk talk talk about merging with central falls who began all this crap that was on national news. Start SOS groups and picket the schools. -We did it in nearby MA. and it worked when they were going to shut down my sons school....SOS Save our children

February 22, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
  3. Roger Beaton

Why has illegal immigrants become a four letter word, not to be uttered y ayone in the media? WalMart, in the Massachusetts cities of Brockton, Stoughton and Abington are all heavily populated with illegal immigrant "associates". In most classrooms, in Brockton, the illegal immigrant students are 50% or more of each class. Recently a young girl died waiting to be be seen for 5 hours by a doctor. One wonders as to the numbers of illegal immigrants in that emergency room that resulted in the 5 hour wait. Most cities in the budget shortfall can trace part of the problem to illegal immigrants. he examples are many. No one- not Congress, not Obama, not Ali (the media) have shown the courage to address the cancer of illlegal immigration.

February 22, 2011 at 2:32 pm |
  4. Diana

A sad note,
    Does it really take a Jimmy Hoffa for worker's rights to be recognized?
    you know, the guy who Bobby Kennedy was envious of because he was more popular and had more power than those making the rules?

February 22, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
  5. Ed Stein

The future of the United States, our chilrdren, is drowning with budget problems across the entire country. I agree that we must reduce our costs abd then claw our way back. However, the impact on our children and the future of the country is enormous. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet and Bill Clinton are raising enormous sums of money, for a number of excellent causes. Can we use the talents of these bright Americans to help raise money for our education system which affects the future of the entire country?

February 22, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
  6. Barbara Clay

Hello Alsi, I woulld like to comment on the union busting that is going on in union states. First the uonions is resonsible for creatinina the middle class in this country, They established a quide for wages for all workers.I have never been in aunion shop, but I would hate to think what my conditions for working would have been. I am a retirree of 71 years old. Second , I would like to point out that all federal workers have pensions and health insurance including the representives in D. C and all state elected officials are they going to eliminate their benefits ? Let everyone present a fair debate. I hope we do not go back to 1929 with only the very rich and the rest of us poor in this country.

February 23, 2011 at 12:31 pm |
  7. joey

sports aren't violent enough,if you ask me. it seems like every time someone gets hit in football, they throw a flag! wasn't it SUPPOSED to be a contact sport?

February 23, 2011 at 1:13 pm |