Today on CNN Newsroom

May 20th, 2011

What to do on Doomsday?

With the prediction that the End of Days is upon us, we were curious. What would you do with your last hours on Earth? Send us your comments, and we'll read some of them on the air. Tune in to CNN Saturday Morning with TJ Holmes, starting at 6am Eastern.

Post by:
Filed under: CNN Newsroom
  1. Heather

If it were truly my last hours, I guess I'd hula hoop in the backyard, have cocktails with my husband and family, and maybe finally let my cats roam outside.

May 20, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  2. Jana Brodowski Kamal

On Thursday, I was watching a segment about a preacher who said 'doomsday' would be on June 21, 2011 ['rapture']. There was a panel of 3 people who passed comments on what this man was claiming – 2 men were Christian and one man was Jewish. The Jewish man said "that since Jews & Muslims did not believe in Jesus, we would not be part of the 'rapture' ". IT IS MANDATORY FOR MUSLIMS TO BELIEVE IN JESUS. The Jewish man spoke INCORRECT information. Please have people on your panels who know what they are talking about.

I was a Christian, now I am a Muslim. Muslims believe in Moses, David, Jesus, and Mohammad. Your 'doomsday' segment should have people 3 people – one Jewish, one Christian, & one Muslim to pass comments on your 'doomsday' segment.

Based on my Islamic research, in Islam, 'that day' – no one knows when it will happen. There are some verses in the Quran that tell that there are certain things that have to happen before 'that day' will come. Some things have happened, and some things have not happened. I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

May 20, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
  3. Chi Tran

I still keep on what I am doing, ex. If I ride the bike and I keep on ride the bike!
    Esailor

May 20, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
  4. Michelle Kumar

I don't believe anything is going to happen. This Guy Campings predicted the same thing would happen in 1994. Nothing happened! He's making everyone crazy, and scared! Now, it says in the christian Bible the world will come to an end. I think that only God knows when that will happen.

May 20, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
  5. Madinah

You are in "Dooms Day" now and the people have been since 1973, its a matter of not knowing if their number is going to be called within this period. Some people will live and some will die, and some will climb up and prosper and some will fall down to suffer, in the start of the new life. December 21, 2012 "Winter Stostice" (New beginnings). In with the new and out with the old, in with the good and out with the evil. Change is here, with the Devil's End.

May 20, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  6. Madinah

Beginning and End.

May 20, 2011 at 5:45 pm |
  7. Madinah

The change "Winter Solstice," is the start of a new life for a short time, afterwards there will be the final judgement the real "Dooms Day will" be here and no man knows what day that will be. If it will be 1 year, 100 years, 500 years or 1000 years or more only Allah, knows. Life started with good and it will end with it. Just wanted to be clear, I have waited all my life for things to change we are here for a reason and this is one of my reasons for being here. Chosen.

May 20, 2011 at 7:57 pm |
  8. Chi Tran

We are only human beings. I only depend on The Lord Jesus, an only Ones is The Messiah! We have to watch out for the involuntary actions, it always try to kill all of us. We must keep our faith and pray as our fathers! I never recommend to read the Doomsday as it click that buttons allow more people to read! 450 people who has read before! No ones know the end of the world! I still believe the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, The Messiah! And The Lamb of God is The only King of the earth!
    Esailor

May 20, 2011 at 9:13 pm |
  9. Tyler White

I would probably eat McDonalds, and watch CNN.

May 21, 2011 at 6:27 am |
  10. Kendal

I would spend the day with my wonderful family outside since today is going to be nice! My family means everything to to me, but only God knows when the last day is, and this guy that is predicting it also predicted it in 1994 and we are still here! so can he explain it if today really doesn't end?

May 21, 2011 at 6:27 am |
  11. Rebecca

Call for a family picnic and share that time with my family and close friends.

May 21, 2011 at 6:27 am |
  12. Craig Richburg

Pray, pray,pray!!!

May 21, 2011 at 6:27 am |
  13. Devin of Pensacola FL

I don't have to think about what I'll be doing, I already know for a fact, that I'll be doing all that I can to catch some Z's. I'm just getting off my graveyard shift. So with any luck I'll just sleep right on through it.

May 21, 2011 at 6:28 am |
  14. Nick Baldwin

I would go and carry on just like any other day. Why should I believe some old guy who is losing his mind that he is so old. If anything put the guy in an old folks home or something. Dooms day won't come for another 10000 years. Believe in reality not Christianity.

May 21, 2011 at 6:28 am |
  15. David

I would be still sitting at home drinking some tea relaxing with my family and looking forward to the next news cast on May the 22nd

May 21, 2011 at 6:28 am |
  16. Sean

If today was the last day of the world.........I'd go to a Lamborghini or a Bugatti Dealership, and would steal either a Diablo SV or a Bugatti veyron......
    and would drive that thing like there was no tomorrow!! :o)

May 21, 2011 at 6:28 am |
  17. Mike Hernandez

I would go buy a pallet of sunblock. You know just in case.

May 21, 2011 at 6:28 am |
  18. Mousy

Stock up on Brains!!!!!!!!!!! We all know zombies love brains.
    maybe if u throw enough at em they will leave you alone.

May 21, 2011 at 6:29 am |
  19. Earle Waine

I would roll the biggest joint,as a mater of fact thats what I am doing right now. Big fan T J CU on the other side.

May 21, 2011 at 6:29 am |
  20. mike sanchez

If the world would end in few hours and I was aware of it. I would first ask for forgiveness to god. And second spend it with my family have a big dinner along with hugs and kisses god bless all of us

May 21, 2011 at 6:29 am |
  21. Margaritah

if this were my last day? oh you bet i would have sex with every single man i find attractive. ANYWHERE. Seriously.

May 21, 2011 at 6:29 am |
  22. Tom Lundgren

I would spend my last day listening to old Newt Gingrich campaign speeches.

May 21, 2011 at 6:29 am |
  23. Bryan "Goggles"

My friends and I made this plan a few weeks ago. Before we found out it could be the end of the world. To go on a road trip over to Seattle from Vancouver. And might as well go for it. If it happens to be the end of the world. So be it. As long as I'm with the people I keep close, then its fine by me.

May 21, 2011 at 6:29 am |
  24. Roque Caston

If it were truly my last hours, I would probably invite all of my friends over, have a little house party, and tell each of them how I'm blessed to be surrounded by group of people who truly loves and care for you. ❀

25. richard myers

Come on, CNN. Show some common sense and responsibility. Your purpose ought to be to inform, yet you're pandering to superstition.

26. Ty Jr

I would do what I've been doing for the 20 years I've been alive, I would live through the time left. I wouldn't sell all of my possessions or do something crazy as a last hurrah. I live for Christ and whenever He decides to call us home, I wont argue or fight for more time.

27. David

I would call all my friends family make a bond fire sit around it get some bud have a good time an enjoy my last moments of life laughing with all my friends and family

28. shellysells

My husband & I would have maxed out our credit cards (now $0 balance) and over $100k available and flown our daughters to meet us for a First Class Trip to Vegas Baby!

29. Carpe Diem 2903

I had planned on it being the end of the world today so I blew my whole paycheck on lobster tails and crab legs yesterday intead of paying bills, I sure hope this Harold Camping is right!

30. Rajesh J Shah

This is a great experiment on mind over matter. I will keep thinking positive thoughts that the earth will be around tomorrow. If we are all around tomorrow, then I will write a book on my experiment results and make millions of dollars.

31. World's not going to end today

If it were my last hours, I would listen to music from WaveLength all day. Their music has so much energy and life and there are going to be the next U2!! Listen to them too

32. Dave

If it truly is the rapture and people are going to be whisked off, there are going to be a lot of us left behind to enjoy their stuff. I plan on checking out my neighbors hot tub and watching the Yankees/Mets game on their 55" flat screen.

33. Mark (in Maryland)

I'd do what the British did during the Bubonic plague.
    I'd "eat, drink, and be merry."
    However, I'd add some good alcohol and marijuana.

34. Alex

First, I would tell all of my loved ones how much they meant to me, and goodbye.

Then I would drive to the beach (and park wherever I felt like), put on some headphones, listen to my favorite tracks and wait for the End of Days.

35. James

Let me see,
    I live across from a graveyard,
    I kinda don't care for over emotional / over religiousness.
    If anything happens I guess I'll grab the katana over the fireplace and bow and arrows in my house.
    BTW: White guy living in suberbia NJ.

But I guess I do th same thing I do every day.
    Look at my internet, (I enjoy the various 'art')
    talk to myself about politics.
    *Pinky and the brain moment* And plan to take over the world!
    Though that last one will never happen...

36. Victor Obi

If today was really the end, I would first fulfill my fantasy of sleeping with two women at same time..Eat some spicy Hawaiian Pizza and sip Pina Colada while singling Alleluyah and then seriously praying..

37. susan moore

Make things right with God and ask forgiveness of my sins and let my family know I love them.

May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am |
  38. Jennie

Sleep. I would sleep all day. These people have way too much time on their hands, can't even imagine what they'll come up with tomorrow. They should get some sleep too, tomorrow will suck for them.

May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am |
  39. Deyjon Washington

If this was really so, I would spend every second with my family and love ones and after it was all over, pray that I get to see my unborn daughter

May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am |
  40. Name*Joe Madden

Just reflect on your life, you will know if Jesus will invite you to join him.

May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am |
  41. big dee teaneck new jersey

no lie tj sex sex sex lol have a great day

May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am |
  42. blk

144

May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am |
  43. Angie

Pray first of all, we are going to try to have a good time and enjoy the weather. Playing with waterballoons, squirt guns , and slipnslide. And planning on a cookout.

May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am |
  44. Miguel Serrano

I would catch it all as it happens onCNN

May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am |
  45. Anthony L

If it were to be the end of the world I would be mad it was an earthquake and not something much more epic. (lol)  probably have a massive party at my house.

May 21, 2011 at 6:32 am |
  46. Mike

If it were my last hour, I would tell my wife I love her and then place my head near her stomach and let my soon to be child know I love him/her too. Then I would pull out my oldest bottle of scotch, light a fine cigar and sit on the deck with my wife and wait for our time.

May 21, 2011 at 6:32 am |
  47. andres zapata

If the world ended today I would like to spend my last hours with my family and friends. Also make sweet sweet love to my girlfriend.

May 21, 2011 at 6:33 am |
  48. andy leach

judge a tree by the fruit it produces.The end of the world is personal everyone dies in there own time.the end of the world for me is when i die untill then ill live and live good.

May 21, 2011 at 6:33 am |
  49. casey shanahan

me and my roomate henry are going to go road warrior status, grab our guns, run our van into the liqor store, go to the dog pound, and get gnarly looking hell-hounds, and proceed to have the most raging party this side of mount rushmore! everyone that doesnt get raptured is invited, bring liqor, and mixers and we will provide the beer. meet us at the plaid panty in lake oswego, oregon at 4 pm if rapture occurs.

May 21, 2011 at 6:33 am |
  50. Rafael Saldana

I would like to pass it along with family and friend together. This will be a get together listening to music and looking at old pics of ourselves and drinking alchohol just to ease the pain if any. I also be in a state of alertness – having access to a fire arm and having a full tank of gas just like you would be prepared for a Hurricane.

May 21, 2011 at 6:33 am |
  51. Bahi

If it was doomsday I would play my xbox 360, watch a movie, then pray when im done.Im sure the lord had other plans today.

May 21, 2011 at 6:33 am |
  52. Dominick Troutman

If these are our last hours on earth, i would make peace with my family, and confess my sins to the lord. I would then get on my hands and knees till they are bloody red and prey that god lets me into the gates of heaven.

May 21, 2011 at 6:35 am |
  53. Jeremy

I would spend my last hours if this is true i would spend it with my family and friends waiting until my lord to come and take me to heaven . But i think it will not happen because like it says in th bible
    "No man will no when the end of days will be . Thank you TJ for listening.

May 21, 2011 at 6:35 am |
  54. Jim

TJ,

Thanks for sharing this information. I never knew but now I do my plans have changed for the day. Obviously, this will be my last email ever to you. Now that I know it all ends today I think I'll go back to sleep and get some much needed rest.

May 21, 2011 at 6:35 am |
  55. laquanda linwood

if today was the was the start of the end of the world..would live every day as it was my last , just as i do right now..

May 21, 2011 at 6:35 am |
  56. Sean Carlin

I this Harold Camping man said, "there will be massive earthquakes on May 21, 2011 around 6 p.m." Well if that is so true than China would have experienced these earthquakes. So I'm living my regular life!

May 21, 2011 at 6:35 am |
  57. Eduart

The "Unseen" is unpredictable, but if today was my "Last Day" I'll be doing the same thing I do everyday; "Be smiling and always be positive and never regret a second of my Life"

May 21, 2011 at 6:35 am |
  58. bill grubb

I would go to wal-mart sit in a lounge chair and watch people go crazy shopping for end of days supplies, followed by going the gas station to see everyone try to stock with gas only to relize that they cannot afford to do it, so anyway we go we are screwed!

May 21, 2011 at 6:36 am |
  59. Sandro of Montreal Ca.

I would gather the people who mean the most to me in my life, share one great last meal and ask them to come clean with whatever they need to make peace with and then hold hands and pray till ...

May 21, 2011 at 6:36 am |
  60. David

Also i would smoke all of the marijuana I could get an have a blast by the fire with the family and friends

May 21, 2011 at 6:37 am |
  61. Sara E

If it was truly the end of my days here on earth, I would spend it with all my family and play, play, play with my great nephews and great neice.I would definitely tell everyone how much I love them and of course let my inside cat out of the house to roam for a change. Some people would probably partyyyyyyyyyyy but you better pray that this day comes and goes and live your life like there is no tomorrow. You never know when the last day on earth will be, because in a blink of eye, your life can be ended.

May 21, 2011 at 6:37 am |
  62. rick

i would be a little scared, but i would hold my Family tight & ask JESUS/GOD to forgive everyone in the world, including my Family,
    i dont want to see anybody suffer, i know you wont put this on the tv, because i said "JESUS/GOD's names, that is whats wrong with the world now, most ppl are ashamed of "JESUS/GOD ....

I LOVE GOD & JESUS.
    thanks tj

May 21, 2011 at 6:37 am |
  63. Alex

I do not believe that this is it, but I think everyone should do the same as those in the Bible. Get on your knees and ask God to forgive you from your sins and know that Jesus Christ's sacrifice is all that will save you from hell. Most people still don't understand what sin is. The Ten Commandments tells us and Jesus Christ fine tuned them in the New Testament as in "if you look with lust, you are guilty of adultery in your heart". So we as Christians consider this an opportunity to spread the Gospel, but each of us as Christians must study to show ourselves approved of God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of God.

May 21, 2011 at 6:38 am |
  64. HEATHER

IF GOD WANTED US TO KNOW WHEN THE WORLD WAS GOING TO END THEN HE WOULD LET US KNOW HIMSELF, NOT SOME MAN FROM CALIFORNIA THAT OWNS A RADIO STATION.IN THE BIBLE IN MATTHEW CHAPTER 24 VERSE 36 STRICTLY STATES "HOWEVER NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR WHEN THESE THINGS WILL HAPPEN, NOT EVEN THE ANGELS IN HEAVEN OR THE SON HIMSELF,ONLY THE FATHER KNOWS." SO WHAT WILL I BE DOING TODAY I WILL WATCHING TELEVISION OR LISTENING TO THE RADIO WAITING ON MR CAMPING TO STATE THAT HE WAS WRONG. I WILL BE WITH MY FAMILY AND MY FRIENDS AND HOPE AND PRAY TO GOD THAT EVERYBODY IS SAFE. GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!!!!!!

May 21, 2011 at 6:38 am |
  65. sheryl/toronto canada

i will be doing my chores as usual,what is to is must is! ,why should anyone put their lives on hold for such nonsense.we would not even know when it hits us. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE,AFTER ALL IT COULD BE YOUR LAST.

May 21, 2011 at 6:39 am |
  66. cynthia fuentes

If it truly was the end of days i would spend it with my Kids and husband. Honestly i dont believe god is going to tell us when the world will end. He would want us to be prepared for his comming with faith. He wont give a date and/or way it will happen all we can do is worship him and live day by day like if it was ur last day.

May 21, 2011 at 6:40 am |
  67. Craig Collins

If I only had a few hours left on earth, I would fulfill my lifelong dream of skydiving! If I had time after that, then bungee jumping from the highest point possible!

May 21, 2011 at 6:40 am |
  68. Marybeth

If that day was to approach. I would bend down on my knees with my son and say our final prayer. But if it doesnt then i will continue on living life to the fullest and continue believing that only God knows the day and hour. If it doesnt say the day and hour in the bible then it isnt it. If it doesnt happen it should be a wake up call to us all to repent and be prepared. But if i wasnt a christian and the day was later this evening then i would drink an awful amount of alcohol and steal a dispatch car and drive till i die. God be with us all and God bless us all. Love to all Hate to none

May 21, 2011 at 6:41 am |
  69. Pastor Phil Van Dam

Martin Luther said that if the world were ending tomorrow, he would plant a tree today. I am in a meeting today, and then on the road. I would not change my plans. How is preparing for Christ's return different from preparing to die. If we are ready for death, then we are ready for Christ's return. Jesus said that no one knew when he would return, not even him, only the Father. Predicting when Christ will return is calling Jesus a liar.

May 21, 2011 at 6:41 am |
  70. Stacy Ryburn

I think that Jesus was a great story teller...He wouldn't want us to know how it ends. That would kind of defeat the point, right? The Bible said God had no pre-determined end? I think we will all be okay.

May 21, 2011 at 6:41 am |
  71. Reverennd Carlos Hollingsworth

Being that I am "Saved", I would expect to be "lifted up" but in the last hours I would ask God to allow me to stay here on Earth to help Others learn who He is so they will be able to be "lifted up" the second time He comes back for (his), the "Saved"

Reverend Carlos
    The Word Of God Is Free Ministry
    We accept No Tithes because The Word Of God Is Free
    Hebrews Chapters 7 and 8 emphasis on verse 8:8

May 21, 2011 at 6:42 am |
  72. Grady

Last hours? If possible, I would spend them with my family. Regardless, I would spend time in prayer with God thanking Him for my life, my family members, and good friends. I would be thanking Him for the wonders of nature and the beauty of the earth, and for the opportunities I enjoyed in life. I would ask Him again for forgiveness of my sinful nature. And finally, I would hope that I could be the encouragement for maybe one person to accept Christ before time ended.

May 21, 2011 at 6:42 am |
  73. rick

OH, ANOTHER THING, I AM 41 yrs old,,
    I WISH THEY WOULD HUSH ABOUT THIS TOPIC, IT IS SCARING LITTLE CHILDREN, WE DID NOT HAVE TO GROW UP HEARING THIS EVERYDAY, WHY DOES OUR CHILDREN HAVE TO.
    SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ON TV.

ONLY GOD KNOWS THE DAY,,, not mankind.

May 21, 2011 at 6:42 am |
  74. Ola

The man shoulb be watched for potential suicides to save his face and create insurance payouts for his radio as he is almost 90 years old

May 21, 2011 at 6:42 am |
  75. lj mcgary

TJ–if the world ends today I couldn't ask for a better scenario. I am in my modest home surrounded by wonderful neighbors and am extremely blessed with the company of my 12 year old rescue lhasa apso Barney who I adopted 9 years ago. I will charcoal grill a steak today in honor of "the end of days."

May 21, 2011 at 6:42 am |
  76. Z Anderson FL

If today were my last day, I would continue trying to live my life pleasing in Gods eye. Just to be honest I would ignore this whole thing for two reason, one this man has been wrong before and two the bible states that "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. found in Matthew 24:36; so if his such a bible wiz he would know that you can do all the math you want, you still won’t know the day.

May 21, 2011 at 6:42 am |
  77. REIGN LOVE

My last day on earth, of course that's quite simple. I'd sit around quietly, listening for a harp, a whistle. Sit around a table, surrounded by love. Knowing by faith, which road I must run. I'm not an elder so I wont go first, I can wait on water, only after battle will I thirst. My time is now that's why I'm on Earth. To fight what I'm facing, to prove I am strong, To show I'm a leader, soon on a throne. Many have been called; only a few have been chosen. So I wait and I wait which aint nuttin new.. For a "Higher" Being to appear unto you.....#WHENGODCOMESGIVEPRAISE... IAM!!!

May 21, 2011 at 6:42 am |
  78. Stephanie S

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history Nothing On the History Calender Says Anything About the End of the World.

May 21, 2011 at 6:43 am |
  79. Bill

Just more jewish fairy tales...but my last hour, lobster, Johnnie Walker Black and mucho sex πŸ™‚

May 21, 2011 at 6:44 am |
  80. Chris

TJ,
    If it was "Doomsday" as its called and I'm not quite sure why, as a Christian that would mean to me Jesus is returning. "IF" I knew about it (However, Mathew 24:36 clearly states that I won't), I would kiss my wife, grab her hand, eagerly look to the heavens and tell her to prepare for the best ride of her life! "In the twinkling of an eye" is how long the Bible says it will take to be raptured into heaven. What a ride that's gonna be!!! I seriously doubt it will happen today as Mr. Camping has predicted though. But, who knows for sure, right???
    Chris,
    Alma, AR

May 21, 2011 at 6:47 am |
  81. jeff

tj, in the holy bible the one and only true word of God says in matt. 24 verce 36 says No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor does the son, but only the Father. thank you TJ from jeff in missouri

May 21, 2011 at 6:49 am |
  82. Sandro of Montreal Ca.

If Harold Camping spent 100 million to advertise the end of the world,
    would it not have been better to feed the hungry and help the needy. Would God not then believe we were worthy of more time on this great earth.

May 21, 2011 at 7:07 am |
  83. brenda

well after turning into a zombie i would have to g o and hire someone to take care of my furries.. but not before i was able to tell this camping guy he is a nut case . if he is going to make a prediction like this atleast consult a psychic first to be sure he is correct πŸ˜›

May 21, 2011 at 7:09 am |
  84. Melvin Dietz III

I think I would watch the Planet Earth series because we truly live on a beautiful and magnificent planet and I would like to devote my final day to marvel at this great planet we have inhabited, exploited, and forgotten.

May 21, 2011 at 7:33 am |
  85. Wanda

if I truly knew it was today, which it isn't ..but if it were i would spend it
    winning souls for HIM..for that is what we are to do..build His kingdom here..it is not about " us " or our agenda's in reality..it is about the Lord's heart & His original plan...
    but i would like to add..

T.J. I like that you guys showed Gregory Dickow, the Pastor outside of Chicago give a very respectful answer as well as a correct one. The Bible states that when the disciples asked "Jesus" when would His return be, He answered, " I do not know, only my Father in heaven knows the day & hour"..but there are signs..He gave them the ex. that as a fig trees blooms, we know that summer is nigh..& so it is that as we see all the troubles (wars. etc) catastrophes & such we are to look up and know that our redemption draws nigh!!! Many folks will be laughing..as if all is well..but we as Christians were told most of all to be aware of what is going on period likewise with Israel..as we are instructed to pray for the peace of His beloved Israel..so with all that is now going on I truly feel we are much closer than we have ever been..the word says that the generation which sees Israel become a nation..which was in 48..will be the generation that sees the return of Christ..there will not however be a "end of the world" in the final stage..there will be a cleansing after the final battle.. & our earth will be as it was, in the beginning.. the way God meant it to be..
    Sincerely, Kingdom_child2

May 21, 2011 at 7:59 am |
  86. Ronnie

I would cry.

May 21, 2011 at 8:08 am |
  87. Kamila T

It it were my last hours I would have sex with T.J. Holmes πŸ˜‰

May 21, 2011 at 8:09 am |
  88. Tracy From Norfolk

I would get out my trusty zombie survivial guide and then heat up some jalepeno poppers and zeasty caso dip and wait it out! πŸ™‚

May 21, 2011 at 8:10 am |
  89. Danielle

If it were doomsday, I would smoke as much weed as I could get my hands on. I'd throw on my shades, grabs some munchies and watch the end unfold πŸ™‚

May 21, 2011 at 8:10 am |
  90. Jeanne

If it is the End of the Earth, what happens to the folks at the Space Station?

May 21, 2011 at 8:11 am |
  91. Matt B.

Hookers and blow. That is all my good sir. Either that or my 12 – 8 shift at work. Both seem good.

May 21, 2011 at 8:11 am |
  92. Mariam cobretti

I would say wooohooo, and say goodbye to my shoes!

May 21, 2011 at 8:11 am |
  93. Rusk

Nothing! The only person that is going to survive is the guy that built his island in Mississippi.

May 21, 2011 at 8:12 am |
  94. Brian - Ontario Canada

If I knew with 100% certainty that this was the end I'd max out my credit cards

May 21, 2011 at 8:12 am |
  95. Mark

I would receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist along with my family. What else could be more important at a time like that?

May 21, 2011 at 8:12 am |
  96. tam Paliotti

TJ,,,

good morning well i guess the only thing you can say is make sure your soul is right with God,you know he is coming diddent our parents warn us not to play with fire,no pun intended because the end says fire and brimstone.... just make sure your on the right side we all should pray for mercy

May 21, 2011 at 8:13 am |
  97. Brenda Tannehill

As a born again believer I would carry on with my day as normal and meet my Jesus in the air. I feel really sad for these people who have given up everything they own to listen to a false prophet. The bible tells us we will not know the day or the hour that He comes

May 21, 2011 at 8:13 am |
  98. benny brooklyn

TJ what i do in my last day? well im gone take a nice shower and watch cnn and have fun with it.

May 21, 2011 at 8:13 am |
  99. ORENCIA IN ANTIGUA

I WOULD DEFINITELY FIND MY WAY TO BUCKINGHAM PALACE AND LAY IN THE QUEENS BED TO MY FIRST AND LAST ROYAL REST.

May 21, 2011 at 8:13 am |
  100. Nile in San Diego

I would sky-dive naked from an airplane!

May 21, 2011 at 8:14 am |
  101. Norman Simon

Hi, TJ. Enjoy your show. I would live it exactly as I do every day. I really don't want to know when my last day on Earth will be. If anything, this silly thing is only bringing more credibility to atheism. Now, as to whether there is a god with control over us or not, is not for me to say as I don't have the information necessary to state the truth. No one can know the truth!
    Have a great weekend!

Norman, Montreal

May 21, 2011 at 8:15 am |
  102. Jeff

no longer on diet, have a whole paparoni pizza, finish with ice cream, and call the anchor at station tomorrow morning.

May 21, 2011 at 8:16 am |
  103. Lewis

The only things i would be doing is some serious praying and reading!

May 21, 2011 at 8:17 am |
  104. Chuck Puchakjian

I would be at home right now, I just would want to be with my family, and spend time together with them. The Lord is coming. It could be today. Be with your family and loved ones is the most important for anyone, I believe. Chuck, Waterford, NJ

May 21, 2011 at 8:19 am |
  105. vincent

where can i go for front row seats want good view beer in hand steak on the grill smoking a cig not excerising ignore doc s recommendations doing everything bad for you just want to have fun last day haha.

May 21, 2011 at 8:20 am |
  106. jazmyne

when i went to school yesterday, people were telling me that the WORLD is going to end! i did not belive them at all. every one was talking about it. i don't think that the world is going to end at all. i think the world is going to end, but not today or tomorrow or anytime soon. me and my parents were talking about and they were talking about it too. i really hope that the world is not going to end anytime soon.
    god bless all of you!!

May 21, 2011 at 8:22 am |
  107. william walsh

Hello TJ iam a former canadian armed forces member who gave his life to Christ over 40 years ago, after living a life of drunkedness and anger, as Billy Graham says God filled the vacuum that was in my heart, and though not a Bible scholar by any means, the Bible says let the peace of God be the umpire that helps guide our decisions, some how i feel that this pastor who is making this declaration of Christs return has missed the mark , there are many other indicators that seem to point to Christs return, ie the nation of israel being gathered in 1948 after being scattered for thousands of years. when i see the condition of the world, child and wife abuse etc, i really hope he comes back soon, when i am not sure, by His grace and mercy i am ready, God bless

May 21, 2011 at 8:22 am |
  108. David Patrick

I would be watching Howard the Duck & Major league, eating a couple gallons of Blubell ice-cream, yeahhh that's a good way to go out lol

May 21, 2011 at 8:22 am |
  109. Ces

What would I do if Doomsday was here? First, I would say, WOW! That church group was right! Second, beg God for forgiveness. Third, probably go back to doing something that is a sin, with or without forgiveness, since I can't even site the ten commandments. I think a lot of us would be in deep trouble if that was the one question asked at the Pearley gates.

May 21, 2011 at 8:23 am |
  110. Mike

TJ; It's been the begging of the end "Since the begging!" Ever heard the phrase as soon as your born you begin dying? If this is the begging of the end when is the end of the end? 12/21/2012?

May 21, 2011 at 8:24 am |
  111. Gonway B

I plan on spending my last moments watching T.J. Holmes read my comment on CNN.
    If today is really doomsday, and as predicted will begin with a cataclysmic earthquake, then I believe today should be the beginning of the "Rupture" not the rapture.
    If this prediction should come to pass I believe the only good thing that could come as a result of such an event, is that there will be no more nut cases predicting the end of the world.

May 21, 2011 at 8:24 am |
  112. Greg K

I participate in historical fencing and sword fighting and I would want to be out competing all day long with my friends. I would want a day full of camaraderie and friendship.

May 21, 2011 at 8:29 am |
  113. marchelle-Dominica

if this was really our last day-id first let ppl dear to me kno how much i love and appreciate them and all they've done- forgive my enemies-and finally have the guts to tell this guy at work how i really feel about him....

May 21, 2011 at 8:30 am |
  114. Deb Chase van der Bol

Like every day, today I GIVE THANKS and appreciate the little joys of life: like our beautiful sunny day here in the Cayman Islands. "Sun is shining, weather is sweet"...

May 21, 2011 at 8:30 am |
  115. John in Philadelphia

I'll be at the Preakness enjoying the day and hopefully winning enough money to get a reprieve.

May 21, 2011 at 8:35 am |
  116. Alex Frazier

Hi! TJ!
    If I knew this was "D-Day", I'd admit to Don Lemon that he and I
    have something in common. Boy it's a good thing then this isn't the
    real Mc Coy! OOPS! For me maybe it is. (HA! HA!)

May 21, 2011 at 8:36 am |
  117. Conway Burns

I plan on spending my last moments watching T.J. Holmes read my comment on CNN.
    If today is really doomsday and as predicted will begin with a cataclysmic earthquake, then I believe today should be the beginning of the "Rupture" not the rapture.

May 21, 2011 at 8:38 am |
  118. Zenaida Wagner

I am a Christian. Jesus says that no one knows when the end of the world would be, not even him but only "the Father." Moreover, the Bible says that false prophets will come, but it will not be the time yet. It says that you can tell a false prophet if he/she makes a prediction and it fails to happen. That was the case for this gentleman. Therefore, I do not believe his prediction true. The Bible also sadys that Jesus will return like a thief in the night, in other words, when we least expect him. In fact, there is the story of the ten virgins, five of whom ran out of oil for their lamps because they did not make preparations to wait.

What I would do if I knew exactly when His return would be? I would be sure to pray, repent of my sins, and ask for forgiveness from God. I would also pray for my family, friends, and as others to be saved. I would talk to family and friends, and others that are not believers, and tell them about the love of Jesus and his desire to save them from the impending disasters resulting from our wickedness, the need to repent and accept him as their Lord. I would probably also want to explain to them the difference in outcome.

May God bless you for providing this opportunity to make a statement.

May 21, 2011 at 8:39 am |
  119. Kirsten Verdi

Haha, this is funny! i would experience the end of the world from the privacy of my own home. First I send my husband to the grocery store to get my favorite gourmet foods including strawberries, chocolate and champagne. I would soak in the tub and indulge....... πŸ˜‰

May 21, 2011 at 8:40 am |
  120. Eastsider

I wouldn't rush to do anything more. Cramming for a final never worked for me!

May 21, 2011 at 8:43 am |
  121. terri

if today wuz the end of time i would ask god for forgiveness tell my mom and kids i them then smoke the biggest joint and get drunk and tell my husband to go straight to u know where

May 21, 2011 at 8:44 am |
  122. Zenaida Wagner

I thank you for the opportunity to make this statement. We need to raise the public awareness on this subject.

May 21, 2011 at 8:50 am |
  123. Kathy

The word rapture is nowhere in the Bible.

May 21, 2011 at 8:51 am |
  124. Nadine Repasky

If all these people out there handing out pamphlets etc really believe today is the last day of there life; why aren't they home with their loved ones, family, babies, and everyone they care about, praying and showing how much they love them all.

May 21, 2011 at 8:51 am |
  125. Bill Carney

Oh! Well! ...... not today! Because of time zone differences, the 5/21/2011 6:00 PM rapture should have started at 1 :00 AM EST today at the International Dateline in Tonga (+17 Hour difference) according to these nuts' predictions but nary a earth shake or wiggle! Next prediction, December 21, 2012 – The end of the Mayan Calendar!

May 21, 2011 at 8:53 am |
  126. Rachel

This has been WAY too much coverage! Instead of thinking what you would do before you die, how about being in the moment and making each minute you have count!

May 21, 2011 at 8:53 am |
  127. Travis- San Antonio

Party like it's 1969: pot, sex and hippies!

May 21, 2011 at 8:53 am |
  128. Mary King

Wow. Listening to a preacher on CNN just say the guy who said today was the end of the earth was "just making it up." Isn't it all just made up?

May 21, 2011 at 8:53 am |
  129. Will

thank god that we don't have to worry about dooms day false alarms anymore

May 21, 2011 at 8:53 am |
  130. Bruce "Clownvict" Khoshaba

PLAY VIDEOGAMES TO KEEP MY MIND OFF THE STRESS OF Dieing!!

May 21, 2011 at 8:54 am |
  131. Jonathan McElroy

MATTHEW 25:36 "HOWEVER, NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR WHEN THESE THINGS WILL HAPPEN (THE END DAYS), NOT EVEN THE ANGELS IN HEAVEN OR THE SON HIMSELF. ONLY THE FATHER KNOWS." So who made Harold Camping so special if Jesus Christ doesn't even konw? LOL.

May 21, 2011 at 8:54 am |
  132. Dwayne Teague

My friends are planning to get together and spread the word by Rapture Caroling in our neighborhood.

May 21, 2011 at 8:54 am |
  133. Valerie Crise

I would call the airport to get me a flight ticket so I could meet Justin Bieber. If that wouldn't work I would sit on my computer and tweet him I tried to get a plane ticket.

May 21, 2011 at 8:54 am |
  134. Donna

I would be down on my knees praying that i will make it into heaven, no one knows 100% that they are going to make it into heaven.

May 21, 2011 at 8:55 am |
  135. sherry

first thing would be to find a non believer who could be trusted to care for my nine dachshunds!!! Love em lots but can't take em with me...then I would blow the whole diet and eat all day...try to get home to be with my family in West Virginia..maybe walk around naked all day just cause who cares now?

May 21, 2011 at 8:55 am |
  136. ben

Make final preparations for the zombie apocalypse.

Ben
    Captain – Middle Georgia Zombie Apocalypse Response Team

May 21, 2011 at 8:55 am |
  137. Christian

I will definitely do something that I always want it to do before I die, and I think... that would be... go to India I guess! But I have no money to spend on that kind of adventure right now so, I guess I'm screwed ^.^

May 21, 2011 at 8:55 am |
  138. Kristina M

Harold Camping is a FALSE PROPHET.
    "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father ONLY"- Matthew 24:36

May 21, 2011 at 8:55 am |
  139. Christina

β€Ž'No one knows the day or hour. The angels in heaven don't know, and the Son himself doesn't know. Only the Father knows.' Matthew 24:36 This is plain and clear: No one knows aside from God.

So any talk about the timing of a rapture is made up. Live your life to the fullest. The world is and has been in chaos but God still wants us to grow toward him. Live, laugh and Love people. Jesus Loves you! πŸ™‚

May 21, 2011 at 8:55 am |
  140. Steven Loy

Like normal day. Gathering all family have meal together. Eat and drink watching TV.

May 21, 2011 at 8:55 am |
  141. tonya gwathney

I would spend my last days with my daughter and my father holding them tightly and praying that God takes us home with him for my daughter and I pray to him every night

May 21, 2011 at 8:56 am |
  142. srafrank

I would continue to snatch people from the devourer. To try to get them To Know Christ Who Died For Our Sins. I want them to be where Jesus said: I must leave, and where I go , I go to prepare a place for you.

May 21, 2011 at 8:56 am |
  143. Freakin Rican

Prostitutes all the way baby!

May 21, 2011 at 8:56 am |
  144. Toni H.

Would spend my last hours with my baby boy and husband. Also would get a kick out of telling everyone that I knew how I really felt about them. Some might not might like it but we are all dead anyways.

May 21, 2011 at 8:56 am |
  145. Joel Hernandez

If it was doomsday I would go to church because I dont feel like getting burned 24/7 a day in hell.(the world isn't going to end

May 21, 2011 at 8:56 am |
  146. Rich Armstrong

HEY T.J.
    Just a comment to ease yours and everyones minds about "DOOMSDAY".Relax the world is not ending.....today.
    Why not today..yet..Well the Philadelphia Eagles still have not won a SUPER BOWL so till the Philadelphia Eagles win the SUPERBOWL..we are safe.so we still have at least 12 more months.
    FLY EAGLES FLY E..A..G..L..E..S...

Rich Armstrong
    Pocono Mountains,Pennsylvania

May 21, 2011 at 8:56 am |
  147. hassan

I would pray to God to not hold it against us that we let this day come without peace on earth. I agree with the pastor that only God knows the end day. However, in the Muslim Faith there are clues that tell us the end days are near.

May 21, 2011 at 8:56 am |
  148. Shaunah Cobb

I honestly don't want to know when he comes.. just like the pastor said he will come like a thief in the night ... but, for the sake of the question I will live my last days like I have been... ride this storm until the Lord comes... So, don't plan what you would do on your last day, plan what you should do to get your life right with the Lord and then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

May 21, 2011 at 8:57 am |
  149. Yesache

As a Pagan/Wiccan, I think all this rapture, bible stuff is just doing what is always did...trying to put fear in the hearts of people to make them believe in a vengeful god and bow down to him...then go to church and give all your money away!
    I do know that something big IS coming...I don't know when, but the Goddess and God are really angry with people for trying to destroy our Mother Earth...we should be getting prepared for a huge slap on the wrist!!!
    Maybe all the technology will crash, and we will go back to living like our ancestors did....harvesting and loving Mother Earth....
    Blessed Be to All....Much Love, T.J.!

May 21, 2011 at 8:57 am |
  150. Neilia A

These calculations are so fake...today is just an ordinary saturday. gonna enjoy it and go to church... spend time with God and my close family. The sun is shining and I will enjoy my saturday, Peace!!!

May 21, 2011 at 8:57 am |
  151. Evangelist

My last hour will find me watching, praying and waiting to be caught up with my SAVIOUR. The work I have done here will speak for me when he comes. Be ready T.J.

May 21, 2011 at 8:57 am |
  152. Nikou Janani

Well I am on vacation right now in Florida visiting my Airman , and later today I will be going parasailing for the first time. More then likely I will be back on base watching a movie or playing black ops. around 6:00pm, so I would end life in his arms, a pray in my heart, and on the phone with my mother. Sounds like a good ending, right. πŸ™‚

May 21, 2011 at 8:58 am |
  153. Marissa McConnell

My last hours on Earth would be spent the same way that I live everyday for the simpke fact that I dont know when my last hours on this Earth would be. I live one day at a time and take it step by step, something could happen any day to anyone expected or unexpected.

May 21, 2011 at 8:58 am |
  154. Nyla

WHY DON'T YOU ASK A MISSOURI SYNOD LUTHERAN ABOUT THE "RAPTURE"...NOT ALL CHRISTIANS BELIEVE IN THE 'RAPTURE" WHICH IS THE PROTESTANT 'PURGATORY'.
    WE BELIEVE THAT CHRIST WILL COME AGAIN...IN HIS TIME, NOT OURS, BUT WHEN HE COMES THAT WILL BE 'THE END'... THAT WILL BE THE JUDGEMENT DAY...THERE WILL NOT BE ANYONE LEFT BEHIND...WE WILL EITHER BE IN HEAVEN OR HELL...PERIOD...END OF STORY. THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES. THE OBSCURE VERSES THAT HAVE BEEN USED TO BUILD THE IDEA OF A 'RAPTURE' AROUND HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT CONFUSED PEOPLE...YOU CAN BET THE PROPHETS DIDN'T BELIEVE IN IT.

May 21, 2011 at 8:58 am |
  155. kamilah barrett

I'de go 2 Agape with my family, mom, dad, husband and open a bottle of wine, read from the scriptures and hold a circle prayer and ask god 2 take us home with him!!

May 21, 2011 at 8:58 am |
  156. Joseph

Will continue to do what I have been doing for the last 10 years of my life, sharing the Good News of Yeshua Ha Mashiach. This is a video I have done to share that as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfWlvMphKp8 May everyone who fears this false prediction come to know the LORD of LORDS. Repent and turn to G-d

May 21, 2011 at 8:58 am |
  157. Mattie

Get a cold diet Pepsi and prepare to meet the Bridegroom

May 21, 2011 at 8:58 am |
  158. Rose

Harold Camping is 89 years old. He is confusing the end of his world with the Rapture.

Have a great day TJ

May 21, 2011 at 8:58 am |
  159. J Codner

Enjoy a large steak and 1lb hamber with all the fixens and have a great last day. Why not go out on a high note.

May 21, 2011 at 8:59 am |
  160. Robert

If today was truly out last day I would spend time having fun with my children, I would act as silly as they wanted me too, to make sure their last day on earth was enjoyable.

May 21, 2011 at 8:59 am |
  161. Toni H.

Would spend the last hours I have with my son and husband. Have a whatever I want to eat and have some great wine as well. Also would skip the gym and not feel guilty about it.

May 21, 2011 at 8:59 am |
  162. Justin

I'm 16 and I'm catholic and i don't believe in this may 21 lol but if it was real i would lose my virginity first lol πŸ˜›

May 21, 2011 at 8:59 am |
  163. Chuck Vonderahe

So sad reading these comments. Most are just claims of "My superstitions are better than your superstitions."

The earth WILL end!! Sometime about 5 billion years from now as our sun runs out of fuel and expands to envelop the planet. Until then, stop giving your money to a bunch of guys teaching the "woo-woo" and spend it on your fellow man (start with your kids... and how 'bout that lady who's having trouble feeding hers?)

May 21, 2011 at 8:59 am |
  164. Renee

I love the discussion, however you guys need to have panel discussions with those who don't believe in the secret rapture such as seventh Day Adventist. We believe the end of the world is soon approaching and we need to truly know and understand the Mark of the Beast

May 21, 2011 at 8:59 am |
  165. D.Stranger

If the world was ending Sat, I would eat all the chicken Nuggets I wanted to from Mickey D's..without guilt.

May 21, 2011 at 9:00 am |
  166. Devan

TJ I generally don't pay attention to news but you happen to be talking when TV came on to some pastor anyway my friend is like two elementary putting down each other, wether world ends or not does that really helps your consciousness ? If chrstian or Muslim or any other people knew anything about god we won't have this humanity what we see world is going to be as it is full of stupids after me and you and lot others gone.

May 21, 2011 at 9:00 am |
  167. Roy

Why are some people so moronic in good old America? I understand people need to feel better about themselves so we all go if not those who go to church but every one of us is an hypocrite in the way we live our lives. Highest divorce rate and crime rate should be an indicator of our moral values and no God will not help you. It is pathetic when people are successful because they worked hard or accomplished something great, they give praise to god. Come on, are you kidding me, it is because of your hardwork. They go to church for what? People need to understand that God is man made and there is and never will be any scientific evidence that God existed. The world is not going to end and no one is coming back. So lets stop being so foolish people. Have you in your lifetime seen anything close to a miracle and how long you have been going to church? hmm that should be a clue. Thanks and love always.... oh god bless

May 21, 2011 at 9:00 am |
  168. R. Jose

TJ, they need to stop confusing people, the bible says"No one knows the hour nor the day the Lord will return not even the son of God (Jesus). Here's what they need to do since they're leaving today, they need to donate their assets away, I bet they didn't do that. One thing I can say we just need to be ready at all times.

May 21, 2011 at 9:00 am |
  169. Sam Vonumu

Dear TJ,

Good Morning. Good to see you almost every day.

If I really have just few more hours personally, I will tell the World, Live for others as you certainly cannot live for yourself. If you still have life, plan on helping a less fortunate child for education. That is what I and my wife do. We are ordinary people but founded this organization UpliftaChild.org to serve the less fortunate ones. We now have a 1000 children being prepared for a good future with positive thinking rather than a stupid deadline. Each day is a final day for everyone. Lets not waste our time in thinking of world ending. It is wiser to think of an extra day God gave you to live and see what you can do the best.

Thanks TJ
    Sam Vonumu
    8705 Kodiak Dri
    Silver Spring, MD-20903

May 21, 2011 at 9:01 am |
  170. Scott Shirley

I will take a road trip to Area 51 and steal myself a UFO and fly it to were ever its GPS says is home, lets be honest they would have way better video games. oh and while i was at area 51 i would also probably pick up some awesome government tech, i'm sure they have plasma battle rifles and cloaking devices....its gonna be awesome...

May 21, 2011 at 9:01 am |
  171. Howard

Since all the doomsday information comes from the Bible, I would seek out the Bible and ask its author, THE LORD GOD, for the correct understanding about it all.

May 21, 2011 at 9:02 am |
  172. Micael

1st I'd like people to read exe.13:20 old kjv see what God says about a rapture. ( I'm against those who teach my souls to fly) also if you are in the flesh and someone says they are Christ then they are wrong. When the Real Lord comes you won't be in the flesh no more. You'll be in a Spiritual body . At the Lord's day ( the Millenium) A day with the Lord is a 1000 yrs.
    What will I do on that day? Rejoicing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 21, 2011 at 9:02 am |
  173. andrew wojcik

bunch o' stupid stuff.Nobody knows.Besides, the cubs haven't won a world series yet.And any way if they were my last hours, i would stay with my fam.peace

May 21, 2011 at 9:03 am |
  174. John

In real Christianity no one knows the hour or day. Only God knows when the apocalypse will happen. Why would people listen to such stuff? I can answer that question, is because they have very little knowledge about what the "Word Of God" says.

May 21, 2011 at 9:03 am |
  175. Deborah Hunter

We are supposed to always be ready....watching ....waiting....that is what Jesus taught us....and he also has warned us about end of the world predictions....so like many of your other people have said ...I say also .....the bible says that "only God the Father knows"...which removes us from making predictions....we should heed that advice and always live like today is our last day!!!

May 21, 2011 at 9:03 am |
  176. sherry

so many things come to mind really. Like telling everyone what I really think of them! Maybe go on a huge shopping spree...or maybe just lock the doors and load the guns just in case I am not as right as I think I am with God!! Oh, would set the record straight that just because my maiden name is Bobbitt, that I am not related to Lorena Bobbitt....but on the other hand like my momma said when all that went down "it's not the Bobbitt men you have to look out for, it is the Bobbitt women...lol

May 21, 2011 at 9:04 am |
  177. Vanessa Brown

If it was the final hours (and we knew about it)...... I would skype or call family that is far away and let them know I love them. Then, play with my dogs. Finally, I would spend the rest of the time in the arms of my husband. On a bad note I would be upset......why? Because we are expecting our first child and both my husband and I have always wanted to be parents. Yet again we need to accept life for what it is and be great-full for the time we have.

May 21, 2011 at 9:04 am |
  178. Roy

By the way if it was the last day, I would spend time with family, help a person in need since that makes me feel good always and then a day of golf with my kids.

May 21, 2011 at 9:04 am |
  179. Melissa M.

I would go to a Phillies game!

May 21, 2011 at 9:05 am |
  180. Nettie Laster

I would get in touch with all my family and friends to suggest that we all get on our knees and pray for each other and ask for forgiveness.

May 21, 2011 at 9:05 am |
  181. Alyce Heidt

I would have my family and friends over and a nice dinner/lunch and have a conversation about Christ, His Love for them, His Work on the Cross and lead them to Him! After all, our time on earth is very short...and then there is Eternity! (which will be wonderful)...I can't bear the thought of anyone not being in Heaven! Actually, this guy Harold Camping has given Christians an opportunity to share the Good News and bring others into the Kingdom of God today!! Thank You Harold!!! God Bless You!!

May 21, 2011 at 9:06 am |
  182. Bill Utrup

Simply said the God is bigger than anything that the writers of the Bible could ever conceive. Incomprehensible, indescribable, and
    unfathomable. The collective mind of humanity is part of the mind of God. It is God manifasted. It determins what will happen and when. So, one needs to enjoy everyday fully for all the "right" reasons. Not
    out of fear.

May 21, 2011 at 9:06 am |
  183. TK

Since God would have to be operating on North American time and the only people he is coming to take is "Christian Americans" I guess I would have to move to South Korea because in a couple of hours, it would be the 22nd and they will be spared! I am a red-blooded American who believes in Christ and find that anyone entertaining this guy must be crazy and don't know the content of the bible very well! Well, I guess I better pop a bottle of "Grey Goose" even though I don't drink, but since I am on my way to heaven in a few minutes, "WHAT THE HELL"!

TK

May 21, 2011 at 9:06 am |
  184. Henok Ysieni

I will just keep living as a Biblical Christian and get not destructed by any heresy teachings. The Bible teaches us no one knows the hour or the time. No quick fix either!

May 21, 2011 at 9:07 am |
  185. justin adams

First off the guy that is predicting all this needs to stick with his every day life instead of trying to guess when the world will end. The man predicted this in 1994 and here it is over ten years later and here i am sitting on the couch watching tv and holding my 4 month old son. all im going to say is man really??? we don't know when the world will end god will come when the time is right and NO HUMAN will know, it will happen in the twinkle of an eye so with that said you just better be ready so when it does happen your not left behind!!!

May 21, 2011 at 9:07 am |
  186. Dick

Why are you spending so much time on this? I think that there are other things that would be more fun and informative. This much time is giving too much credibliity to this guy who is wasteing all this money and he has suckered CNN into this buy in.

May 21, 2011 at 9:07 am |
  187. Mildred Bush

TJ, The end is coming but only God knows when. The Bible says it is going to be sudden . we wont have time to think what to do.This world is going to burn up .We don't want to be filppant about it .Just be ready , it is comming.

May 21, 2011 at 9:08 am |
  188. Roxane

its a hard question to answer,im a cristen and it says in the bible no one will no when the end of the world will come,noone,but we r told we r in the end times,im not doing enything different but bielieveing in god and loveing people and helping people and forgiveing to others who do u wrong,im onley doing what god wants us to do,which we all would no if we go to church.our pasters explain what we all should be doing which alot of people r not doing because they do not go to church to learn and no.

May 21, 2011 at 9:08 am |
  189. James

Today, marks another shameless attempt by a Church to play with emotions of others through fear and deception. Shame on the media for giving these False Prophets a stage to act upon.

May 21, 2011 at 9:09 am |
  190. Lisa T

Whenever someone announces a "date" for the end of the world, I know for a fact that I'm sleeping good that night since no one knows the date except for God. Boy is Harold's face gonna be red tomorrow! πŸ™‚

May 21, 2011 at 9:11 am |
  191. Barbara Moultrie

If it happens today or sunday or days or months later is to be around family and friends an a lot of praying and just wondering why such good ppl god bless.

May 21, 2011 at 9:13 am |
  192. Kirsten Verdi

I think this conversation is great because it reminds people how important it is to keep a bucket list. We are always so busy doing what we have to and many of us don't get to do what we would like to do. Life is short, get off your butt and persue your dreams!!!! If there is a will there is a way. I look at life as being a journey and it may take 100 years to get to the finish line. The key is to keep striving for self actualization and ENJOY the journey.

May 21, 2011 at 9:14 am |
  193. Famoijan

TJ, if May 21, 2011 was truly my last day on earth, I would pray and fast for the entire day. As always I performed prayer five times daily in accordance with my Islam faith. TJ, we do not have to wait for the last day to invocate God into our lives, he is awake and presents everywhere, my only request will be to ask Allah, the almighty to please let me be asleep when he is ready to end the world, simply because I don't want to see my wife and four children vanishing away without been able to help them out. Sad! But the reality is that we are all strangers in this world according to the Holy Koran.

May 21, 2011 at 9:16 am |
  194. Tierra

I WOULD SPEND MY LAST HOURS WITH MY MIRACLE SON TJ WHICH I LOVE WITH ALL MY MIGHT AND GOD KNOWS WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN AND IF THIS IS TRUE, ILL LEAVE IT IN HIS HANDS AND THANK HIM FOR NO MORE PAIN AND SUFFERING...

May 21, 2011 at 9:23 am |
  195. Pooja

I would not study for my exams right now 😦

May 21, 2011 at 9:24 am |
  196. george grotheer

what i would do on the end of dooms day is read the bible and try to get as many people to come and know christ because if you dont know christ you have nothing because it says in the bible in matthew 24 vs 13 but he who endures to the end shall be saved so that is what i would do on the end of dooms day

May 21, 2011 at 9:26 am |
  197. Teshager Belay

I would spend the time with my loved ones, enjoy the time left with a lot of prayer. Enjoy each and every moment.

May 21, 2011 at 9:26 am |
  198. Bernie

It really dissapoints me that people are believing that the world is going to end.... Every person that has asked me that I come back to them with this question... DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?.... and everybody has told me yes, so I ask the this... SO WHO IS GOING TO KNOW MORE, THE PEOPLE FROM THE EARTH, OR GOD?, OBVIOUSLY GOD KNOWS MORE THAN ANYBODY, AND ONLY HE KNOWS WHEN THE EARTH WILL COME TO ITS END

May 21, 2011 at 9:27 am |
  199. Evie/Canada

There ought to be a lawsuit filed for at least the amount of 2 months bills for every person who cares to be included. I'm betting he'd never do this again! hehe

May 21, 2011 at 9:31 am |
  200. Adrian

Well, I believe that noone other than God knows when the world will truly end. If May 21 is true, I would spend all the remaining time with my family. I would pray and hope for the best. May God protect you all.

May 21, 2011 at 9:31 am |
  201. chris

Hello T.J
    If today is the last day of my life ! How would i spend it ?
    Woo ! well i have a lot to do today .
    cut the grass , get some house cleaning done ,
    I should have done that yesterday !
    So today i am going to spend time with my family at the park for my grand daughters 7th Birthday party .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUBREY !
    i would not spend my last hours any other way .

May 21, 2011 at 9:34 am |
  202. vanette wong

i would spend my time praying with my son reading my bible and ask the lord for forgiveness of my sins

May 21, 2011 at 9:43 am |
  203. mike

I would charter a plane; After all I would want the best view. P.s. Could you start you 5pm-6pm Time slots with "REMS" "It's the end of the world as we know it" and I'll be fine! πŸ™‚ Thanks Self proclaimed cnn junkie.

Sincearly,

Mike.

May 21, 2011 at 9:47 am |
  204. Bill Utrup

Consciousness follows intent. Since we live in a polarity conscousness world, we create our own heaven or hell. Individually and collectively.... Heaven is "better" When good will for the outcome of humanity is projected forward ... it will happen. The outcome is up to us. One needs to Live in the love and light of God and enjoy everyday fully.

May 21, 2011 at 9:52 am |
  205. God is Love, not Fear

Mark 13:6,
    For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 7: and when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of war, be ye not troubled; for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.

Mark 14:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. 32: But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the son, but the Father.

May 21, 2011 at 9:52 am |
  206. Terry Murphy

I know now why they were feed to the lions,why did we stop. We need more lions and less christians.

May 21, 2011 at 9:53 am |
  207. Beverli Carpenter

Hello T J...Here goes my opinion and some facts....I believe Mr. Camping is @ the age where he truly wants to witness the "Rapture"...It would surely be awesome for those who ascend and not so for those "LEFT BEHIND"...Mr. Camping has placed himself amoung "FALSE PROPHETS" by trying to perdict God's end....Just like a weatherman....they r Never truly 100%...as we are witnessing with our weather now.....I believe Mr. Camping ispartly correct though in that we are in the ballpark...many prophecies are being fullfilled like never before...it has even non-believes wondering...there are many sings and wonders unfolding rapidly....God must not be mocked...this prediction should be understood to be a wake-up call to be prepared as best u can....and for each one to reach one.....The WORD sez EVERY knee shall bow @ that time....so I caution not to feciciously ask what would U do......He comes like a thief in the night...no time to plan a party, do what u've never done....This question is so wrong for me.....There is no time for levity when it comes to Kingdom Business...........Respectfully....................On another note I hope the judge does not grant Mr. Strauss-kahn time to worship @ church..That may well be his plan for escape...wouldn't he have sanctuary.. just saying...if so pass it on...btw I enjoy ur reporting, best wishes to U

May 21, 2011 at 9:56 am |
  208. O' Brother!

Facts: The Bible says Christ will return (2nd Coming). The Bible says that prior to the 2nd Coming there will be people that will attempt to predict a specific day of Christ's return. The Bible says that people will scoff at the idea of Christ's return.

After those "facts", the clergy and students of the Bible etc. begin to put their own spin on who, what, when where and how!

FACTS:
    1. WHO: The Bible says Christ 2nd coming will affect ALL of us.
    2. WHAT: The Bible DOESN'T call it a "rapture" nor a 'secret rapture'!
    3. WHEN: The Bible says, no person knows when Christ will return!
    4. WHERE: The Bible says Christ will appear in the heavens.
    5. HOW: The Bible doesn't tell 'how', only who, what, when & where!

The very fact that a person is attempting to predict a 2nd Coming date is VERY prophetic. The international media attention given to this prediction should cause us ALL to open the Bible and study for ourselves. I, for one, hope Christ does return today! But as I understand it, ONE more event will occur just before He returns. Study for yourself. Be ready!

May 21, 2011 at 10:00 am |
  209. 988

ooga booga; yes. on this day, i would do ooga booga.

May 21, 2011 at 10:07 am |
  210. Bill Utrup

On my last day, I am not going to do anything different. I live every day fully. If Harold Camping doesn't and Jesus doens't know. Maybe, God doesn't know. Because God is always in the state of becoming. Waiting for the collective mind to man to give the divine direction.

May 21, 2011 at 10:12 am |
  211. giovon

i would pray for forgiveness and 72 female virgins

May 21, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  212. Alfred North

Turn off my TV and computer...take a walk with my lover and watch it happen. or not.

May 21, 2011 at 10:14 am |
  213. Krazy

I would make peace with my family that I have not spoken to in over a year and tell my son that he will be with his grandmother soon and then just hold him tight until its happened. Cause I know that I would never see him again, cause I would not make it to Heaven.

May 21, 2011 at 10:15 am |
  214. John Hudson

End of the world? I'd go buy some beer and pizza, climb up on the roof, wave a cowboy hat and ride 'till the end, hootin' and hollerin' the whole way.

May 21, 2011 at 10:17 am |
  215. James

I would want to spend the day with CNN Student News' Carl Azuz.

May 21, 2011 at 10:17 am |
  216. Emilia Lanier

Wow Don, you think the Rapture is a mainstream Christian idea?

I'm sorry, but it originated with one British pastor back in the late 1800s. The idea is only "mainstream" among English-speaking evangelicals.

The idea of the Rapture is relatively unknown among non-English speaking Christians.

Even in denominations with many English speakers, the Roman Catholics, the Orthodox, and most other Protestant denominations reject the idea of the Rapture as the interpretative mistake of one man that it is.

In case you were wondering, I'm not a Christian and I have no dog in this fight. But facts are facts and the history of this is so obvious one need go no further than a couple of Wikipedia pages to realize there is nothing "mainstream" in Christianity about the Rapture.

May 21, 2011 at 10:18 am |
  217. Steve D

I would round up all my veteran friends that I can find, get as many weapons as possible and fight off zombies. Perhaps save the rest of the world from the "rapture"

May 21, 2011 at 10:18 am |
  218. Rachel Williams

I would spend my day watching Tj Holmes and the rest of the "CNN Live" crew! That sounds like a good day too me.

May 21, 2011 at 10:18 am |
  219. Carol R

I don't know if the Rapture will happen today. It certainly could, as most, if not all of the prophesies have been fulfilled. If I hadn't already, and I saw the Rature happening today, I would ask Jesus to be my Lord. He won't turn anyone down no matter what they have done.

May 21, 2011 at 10:18 am |
  220. Ned

Since I live in Florida I would probably move to the state capitol, Tallahassee. They're about twenty years behind the times.

May 21, 2011 at 10:20 am |
  221. DeniseK

Bake a plate of cookies for Jesus.

May 21, 2011 at 10:21 am |
  222. Roland

If I really believed this stuff I would finally tell my wife how those jeans really make her butt look. Either way it would be the end of my days.

May 21, 2011 at 10:21 am |
  223. Rashaud

I would fly back to my native jamaica and reunite with my family and experience it with them....

May 21, 2011 at 10:21 am |
  224. JackieM

Hi T.J.

My May 21st doomsday plan is to look forward to May 22nd and beyond...HERE ON EARTH!

I am a Christian and have all faith that the rapture will happen, however God is not going to give the answer of his Son's return to an 89 year old man who claimed he had that information back in 1993!

May 21, 2011 at 10:28 am |
  225. Carlos

Hey TJ Its suppose tobe the last day question and a rev. Carlos which commented here is still trying to squeeze tythe outa people... If this was the last day for a fact , he can have it all ... LOL U d man TJ

May 21, 2011 at 10:29 am |
  226. Colby

I would just Play Halo: Reach until Jesus joins the game.

May 21, 2011 at 10:30 am |
  227. Marsha

Well, I had plans to clean the house, but I've been spending the past few hours watching you, Mr. TJ Holmes, and think you are hilarious! So, I will be spending my time laughing at your comments on our comments. haha lol.

May 21, 2011 at 10:34 am |
  228. Prince Emmanuel

Ask God to forgive me all my sins so that I would not be left behind. Can't afford to live in this wicked world without the mercies of God.

May 21, 2011 at 10:35 am |
  229. Sarah

I would gather my family and go to the beach, that would be a good everlasting memory...

May 21, 2011 at 10:36 am |
  230. Jarrod L

I'd drive up to the CNN news station, give TJ Holmes a high five cause I think he's the man then ask Suzanne Malveaux on an end of the world date! πŸ˜‰

May 21, 2011 at 10:36 am |
  231. Wesley Stearn

i would try to beat the Call of Duty: Black Ops campaign on veteran difficulty......I've been working on it for weeks and I'd be a one winged parrot if I don't finish it now!

May 21, 2011 at 10:40 am |
  232. maaw

Eat lots of chocolate! If we're still here on the 22nd I suggest CNN seek out comments from Jews and Muslims as to their views on the end times – moderate views – not extremist views.

May 21, 2011 at 10:44 am |
  233. Bill Utrup

Thinking about the rapture is a total waste of time. 2012 is more interesting. The Mayans were not the Mayans, but an exterresterial race that were the keepers of time. A 16 Billion year period of time. They murged with the Mayan race became the Mayan race, then left 200 years before the Spanish. They were also time travelers. They went into the probable future of mankind and saw the end of time as we know it. Where the meek will inherit the earth. Live in the love and light of God and live everyday fully.

May 21, 2011 at 10:46 am |
  234. Justin

I would go to the bar where my long time friend works and tell her about the feelings I've always had for her, and how I should have told her a long time ago.

May 21, 2011 at 10:49 am |
  235. Ted Harazda

I'd cruise out into open water in my sea kayak with a little lunch and an Irish stout and enjoy the day. But neither the world nor religious lunacy will ever end.

May 21, 2011 at 11:05 am |
  236. Nancy

It happens, I am attending a church tea today with my sister. I didn't know about this prediction when I made the reservations. I am a believer that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. What will be, will be.

May 21, 2011 at 11:13 am |
  237. Scott B

Hi;
    I realize these are troubling times and people are eager to believe just about anything these days. As to Mr. Camper that says the end of the world will happen today is false and if his followers know or read their bibles it clearly states that not even the Angels and Not even Jesus knows the day nor the hour that God will send Jesus back to earth so for Mr. camper to mislead all those people they should pick up their bibles and read Matthew, Mark, James, and Daniel and see and here for themselves.. beware of the false prophets.. God did not release the day nor will he because of obvious reasons.. I do not believe these things that Mr. Camper is saying because God will not disclose the day nor the hour until that day is upon us. Jesus and the Angels stand at the ready but they again do not even know.. read the bible folks before you believe in anyone man.. If you believe the bible then you should all be settled in your soul.

May 21, 2011 at 11:15 am |
  238. Beverli Carpenter

ooops I came from the NRSV...so sorry, and as O'brother posted there is no mention of the WORD rapture in any bible..however, i read 1Corinthians 15 entirely (the dead)..however, flesh and blood can't enter. and we will aascend.. God bless U

May 21, 2011 at 11:19 am |
  239. Adina

I would pray and sing than just wait.

May 21, 2011 at 11:30 am |
  240. Bill Utrup

Had to save the best until last. Edgar Cayse said the last incarnation
    of Christ was his 30 reincarnation. His next one will be in 2075 when
    believe it or not most of you will still be alive (if you wish).

May 21, 2011 at 11:32 am |
  241. signal-man

well, i am currently deployed to afghanistan. it seems like the end of days already happened here.

May 21, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
  242. Anie

I strongly believe that the world will NOT end today. The Bible says NO man will know the day or the hour that the world will end. If the world DID end as said, then many people would have already suffered from the apocalypse. It would have already started. The people on CNN are actually laughing and joking when they talk about this! If they thought the world would end, they would be serious about this situation! This is just an example of people using the fear of the end of time to get a worldwide response and to make people scared out of their minds! The world will not end today, nor will it end in 2012. The world will end when God wants it to. If you are of God, you do not have to worry.

May 21, 2011 at 12:48 pm |
  243. Madinah

What I would do on Dooms day is what I am doing right now, live life as everyday is the last day. You should not wait until life is over, Allah is merciful and is giving the people a last opportunity to change their lives. This coming period for change on earh will be short as peace was promised to the believers one more time before final judgement. The trumphet will be blown at anytime during this time, 1 year to 100 years or longer, then life on earth will cease to be no – more – ever again. People don't realize they will be brought together, against ones who have been following the laws of the creator all their lives (80, 90, 100) years and over. If they but knew the hell – fire that is waiting them the unbelievers would become believers right away, but it is through faith they must believe. Dooms day is here now, and the chance for change is right now. You don't wait untill you get cancer to quit what you are doing. Don't let time catch up with you get into the right religion now. You will know when your are in the right place, you will feel it in your heart. If you have a heart I have to go on now, to spend more of my time doing what I am suppose to, trying to be the best that I can be in my worship to my creator, Allah. Thank you, and all those who have an ear let him listen, may you have a bless day.

May 21, 2011 at 4:46 pm |
  244. justin

it is now six o clock and i have not heard any suspicious stuff, so i do not believe in this, if it was the last day, just like everyone else get on yor knees and start praying

May 21, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
  245. spike melon

It's past 6 pm on a Saturday Night....no rumblings, yet !!!
    I have one serious question, though. The priest you had on this morning stated that Jesus don't even know when the rapture is coming, that it's on HIS FATHER'S calendar...If that's the case, why is it that only Jesus' followers will be "raptured" up to their reward and everyone else will burn or what have you ???
    What about those who believe in the FATHER and not the SON ???

May 21, 2011 at 6:07 pm |