Today on CNN Newsroom

January 31st, 2012

Three things we learned from Charlie Crist

VIDEO
No one knows Florida politics quite like Charlie Crist. The former governor– and the former republican– talks to Kyra Phillips about all things Florida 2012.

Here are the takeaways:
1. Crist says he'd consider voting for president Obama in November.
2. He says the GOP race isn't over after Florida, even if Romney wins.
3. Crist laughs off a Gingrich campaign tactic, comparing the former governor to Mitt Romney

Check it out.

Filed under: CNN Newsroom • Kyra Phillips
  1. David Rubenstein

Kudos to you Kyra Phillips for your interview with Franklin Graham. His admission that his shins would be bloody had his
    mother been sitting next to him was something I never dreamed he'd ever say. Kyra you're incredible!

February 22, 2012 at 10:48 am |
  2. Bill Long

Well, you gave Michelle Bachmann 3 opportunities this morning to clearly reject Rush Limbaugh's crudity. And, she did would not do it. This sends a very clear message about the thinking of GOP leadership and influentials. I guess Limbaugh is running the GOP and they are afraid to put him out. That's entertainment!

March 6, 2012 at 10:30 am |
  3. DeVoid Mc

The Oklahomian's that were on the program this morning with Kyra should have been on lost. I do'nt think they have a clue what's going on in this polictical world. If that was the best he talked with in smalltown U.S.A. we are in deep deep troulble.
    And why are we so agressive around the world. We as a nation worry about other countries and it seems they should be worried about us. Im afraid that the countries who we think support us are sitting in a back room (Americans not invited) plotting what do about us and our agressiveness. M.J. said look in the mirror

March 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm |
  4. flodiggs

Your guests missed a very important point on why Santorum lost the Catholic votes in Ohio and that is the fact that unlike at the beginning of his campaign he has gone off the Catholic teaching on Immigration and other socil justice issues. He even went as far as saying recently that the Bible does not require those who have to give to those who don't, when this is very clear in the Acts of the Apostles, when Jesus asks those who have two coats to gi8ve up one to a person without, and the writings of the Church Fathers of the early centuries show that the early Christian did exactly that. He joined the bandwagon of those who calll christian charity socilaism and class warfare and have divorced Christianity from its greatest force motif: sympathy and unconditional charity. This is a great pity!

March 7, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
  5. Tracy Flaherty

How dare you make a villain out of someone trying to give others a new beginning. I am not sure whether all of the pardons handed out by Hailey Barber were appropriate. But I am sure that taking a personal interest in helping two men,that have long worked in your home, prepare for their new life outside of prison is called kindness and should not be suspect. How is it that the world can love the family that helped Michael Oher and you can make us feel like the Barbers broke the law. I am all for generosity..the barbers get my vote on this one. And CNN gets one step closer to losing a once loyal viewer.

March 15, 2012 at 9:30 am |
  6. Jo Anne Greene-Fields

Please stop saying Obama when referring to OUR President, I noticed this during the interview about the pipeline glaringly
    address the man by his title please. Thank You

March 22, 2012 at 11:27 am |
  7. Sharad

Cherry each one of these books has been a treasure but Kyra and Reyes story is still the one that I loved the haedrst and the best of the series so far. I just finished "Skin Dive" yesterday and now Gillie and Taye are my second couple favorites.

June 17, 2012 at 9:36 pm |
  8. Bob

Mrs. Phillips, I watched your interview today, with Cain, with disgust. How/why did you give him a center of attention...I hope it wasn't because he was, once, a presidential candidate, because we all know the result of that silly effort. You seemed so enthralled with having him on your show. Why?
    Is it because CNN felt it would attract viewers, and therefore a higher rating for the day, or what? I'm having a hard time getting my head around any plausible reason.
    He may now have his own show, but it isn't one that I will watch and I believe most of America thinks the same. That show will be for his ego as he is one of the most ego centric individuals I have ever heard. And, from what I have heard and read, his character is in question. I'll say one thing, he is glib.
    I ask that you and others at CNN reconsider his presence on your station.

July 5, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
  9. Cindy Forman

Romney is getting a bad rap and so much publicity about this blunder regarding the 47%, but why is CNN not emphasizing the worst things about Obama – the fact that he caused the national debt to grow hugely worse due to his stimulus packages, the fact that his mentors were men who were communists, socialists and criminals, then what about how they can't produce a real birth certificate, how he doesn't put his hand over his heart for the Pledge of Allegience nor has respect for the Constitution and would rather change it, how he is not patriotic, how he is actually a muslim and doesn't want to support Israel, how he is more like a dictator changing laws without Congress or the American people's approval, how he does what and when he wants, how he uses tax dollars to take more trips than any other President, and the list goes on and on. Why doesn't CNN focus on those things about Obama. And how he bows to a muslim leader and supports his Muslim friends in office and makes sure that we continue to buy oil from them and refuses to allow drilling here in America or to use our own reserve to help reduce the cost of gas for the American people. He is a deceiver, a socialist/communist, a muslim, a dictator, a liar, etc. Are the American that ignorant that they would vote for him again?

They talk about the unemployed percent being low – well I can tell you that in my part time job, I am hearing so many customers who are losing their jobs and can't pay for their utilities – and getting their electriticy and water shut off. And there's so many people like me who aren't able to get full-time jobs due to being older and so many companies that are hiring only part timers because they don't want to pay benefits or health care. Do a speal on that subject for a change. I am certain that the percent that they are quoting is a lie just to make Obama look good. He's full of lies.

I am going to give ROmney a chance as maybe a businessman will do better than a lawyer for President!

October 6, 2012 at 10:45 am |
  10. Mike Lane

Im a student at a Washington state university and i thought you would like to know were studying gun control and the interview by John Zerella and sheriff Ken Jenney. My entire class was surprised on how badly the band firarms were misrepresented. We were glad a correction was made but still at the end with Rep. Carol McCarthy saying AK-47s will be allowed back on the streets after the ban. AK-47s never left and none of the millions sold before the ban were never turned in, post ban AK-47s were still sold. John gave CNN a black eye with that report and again at the end of the correction. The laws i will push for will be to support truth in the news and hold people accountable for fraud like that.

December 7, 2012 at 12:40 am |