Today on CNN Newsroom

March 5th, 2012

Evanescence is back!

After a five-year break, Evanescence kicks off a new tour with an album debuting at number one on the Billboard charts. Singer Amy Lee tells Brooke on this week's Music Monday that she is "falling back in love with Evanescence and just coming back home to it after a long time away".

Post by:
Filed under: #MusicMonday • Brooke Baldwin
  1. Danielle

LOVE Evanescence, so glad they are back. Amy RULES !

March 5, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
  2. LW

I Love that Evanescence is back in action. I ❤ Amy and her lyrics! They need more shows in the US though. : )

March 5, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
  3. Evanescent

Evanescence is the best band in the whole world!!!!

March 5, 2012 at 5:36 pm |
  4. Freedom Yok

Thailand want you Evanescence come live in BKK Evanescence is the best Rock!!!!!

March 6, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
  5. iLoveAmy

Im pretty sure the long break was because members of the band kept leaving/: The only original members of the band are Amy and the dude with the dreads.

March 6, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
  6. eliud

i love amy and hers band, i hope they still in gothic style..

March 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
  7. zildogs

LOL, no wonder they weren't producing anything for 5 years. You could literally SEE, HEAR and FEEL the tension between them as a group. She was shaking her head when saying that the decision to come back together wasn't about money.... so sad...

Sure I'm happy they are coming back but boy am I glad I'm not one of them...

March 6, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
  8. mano

it's soo great to watch my first band coming back and soo hard i looooooooooooove evanescence to death fooor reaal
    i love you amy lee and your band and i will steal loove you for the rest of my life..i loooooooooooooooooooooooooove youuuu more than any thing really ^^

March 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm |
  9. Hammersmith Angel

Come back to the UK soon. We love the positive energy you bring and your new drummer is amazing.

March 6, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  10. Hammersmith Angel

Looking forward to Sonisphere, too!

March 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm |
  11. Luca

I love evanescence! the best! Brazil miss you guys!

March 6, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  12. Cindy

I was reading the above comments and these guys are tight... and they aren't bored they're exhausted... zipping around the world with the time changes isn't easy... until you've done it you just have no idea! I LOVE this band! Fan for LIFE!

March 6, 2012 at 6:40 pm |
  13. Michael K

No better band, no better written songs, no better lyrics, no better singer. Amy voice soars with grace and power. Catch them live in Concert... you'll be a believer. Evanescence Rules!

March 6, 2012 at 8:42 pm |
  14. ancaycoy

my favorite band....

March 6, 2012 at 11:11 pm |
  15. Mark Evans

They really should do the sound track for the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series...it matches so well with the Lisbeth Salander character

March 6, 2012 at 11:50 pm |
  16. alireza

believe it or not Amy you`ve got millions of fans in iran... this band is popular here among young generation of us.
    we all hope to see your performance at least in one of middle east countries!!! Evanescence rocks!!! you are the best.

March 7, 2012 at 4:19 am |
  17. DAVY W

I luv Evanescence.u are rock,so glad u are back!
    i'm from Hong Kong, and Hong Kong LOVE EVANESCENCE!!!
    HOPE TO SEE U GUYS SOON!

March 7, 2012 at 7:54 am |
  18. Milad

Everyone in Iran love Evanescence..and Me too....a lot...and a lot....
    Thanks CNN for this news...

March 7, 2012 at 10:28 am |
  19. vipul jain

U will be always the gothic queen! ur pretty,ur charming,talented and what not!
    ur strongs gives me strength and courage to move on in life and i wish to see u for once so that i could die peacefully.
    be like this forever girl, god bless you.
    love you

March 7, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  20. bahar

they were better before this new album, i adore "open door"... since Amy is married her songs don't sounds sad and dark as they were before, no matter how hard they try.

March 7, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  21. Reem

Evanescence is the best sound to my ears!
    Please don't stop making music guys, it means the world to me.

Much love and respect from Morocco. ❤

March 7, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
  22. TJ

The best band on the world finally comes back!!! Evanescence for life!!! 🙂

March 7, 2012 at 5:17 pm |
  23. Jay

Amy is not the Goth Queen. She is definately the high princess but not Queen. For that honor still belongs to Jinx of the '70's band Coven.

March 7, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
  24. Hassaan

Great to have them back. The new album is a treat for all evanescence lovers couldn't have asked for more just love evanescence.

March 8, 2012 at 2:24 am |
  25. Emma

Is it just me...or do everyone in the band look sad or something, besides Amy Lee?

March 8, 2012 at 6:57 pm |
  26. Mark Lazarus

Amy Lee – You are the best music artist IN THE WORLD. Please come to San Antonio, Texas – Majestic Theatre.

March 9, 2012 at 9:05 am |
  27. shane

Nomater what anybody sais amy u keep rocken and we will keep rollen i lissen to ur beautiful voice every day ur tha best

March 9, 2012 at 5:12 pm |
  28. Rachael

Can't WAIT to see them in Brisbane!!!

March 10, 2012 at 4:41 am |
  29. Mauro

Would love to see you in South Africa.Im obsessed listen yo your music every day, old and new.

March 11, 2012 at 4:41 am |
  30. Ashley

I love this band! They will forever and always be my most favorite band in the world! ❤

March 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm |
  31. Nancy

Amy, is a wonderfully talented writer n singer, along with being greatly drawn to be part of this world's savIng. Amy, you give inspiration, hope, and strength to the ones lucky enough to have found your incredible music. Much love and respect Amy:) I love you forever:)

March 14, 2012 at 12:38 am |
  32. Brittanie

Evanescence has been a huge part of my life I have never seen them live I'd love to but I dont have the money anyway If it wasn't for the fallen, open door and even the origin and all the demo ep stuff they did I don't know how I would have made it though what I have Amy lee your an amazing strong and talented woman id give anything just to meet you once and say "thank you"

March 15, 2012 at 2:53 am |
  33. Sean

She's a talented singer but the music just reeks of overdone, pointless teenage angst. It reminds of those kids in mid/high school that always had that cop out, whiny "no one understands me and I'm all alone" attitude.

March 15, 2012 at 7:57 pm |
  34. rtinfow

Funny, Sean. I'm a 59 year old whose only angst is "how soon can I retire." I can still relate to and appreciate Evanescence. The music is emotional and evocative. I'd love to see them live.

Maybe not as complex as Mahler or as cerebral as Bach, but powerful, nonetheless.

March 19, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  35. Steven

Love Evanescence

March 20, 2012 at 10:18 am |
  36. genesis

the worlds best band i luv amy and the band awesome live

March 23, 2012 at 5:45 am |
  37. Anna

Evanescence is the best band of rock!! i love Amy Lee, Terry Balsamo, Troy Mclawhorn, Tim McCord, Wiil Hunt.. BRAZIL WAIT FOR YOU!!

March 28, 2012 at 8:04 am |
  38. Kenderd

evanescence is a my band's favorite in all world, I love the voice amy lee, is that have a amazing voice, I love evanescence.when they go to Venezuela?

March 29, 2012 at 3:37 pm |