Today on CNN Newsroom

April 12th, 2012

Anything Goes in the "Racism Free Zone"

CNN's Don Lemon has a frank talk about race with Diversity Expert Buck Davis, Culture Critic Goldie Taylor and Comedian Dean Obeidallah.

(Note: some viewers my find language offensive)

Tune in every Saturday night at 10pm Eastern for a different kind of news show.

Filed under: Anchors • Don Lemon
  1. Bizz, Quarryville Pennsylvania

I am against racial bigotry in any form and no matter who is doing it. That is why I would like to see everyone who marched in Florida and around the country because of Treyvon come together and protest a white man being knocked on conscience on a Baltimore Street robbed and stripped of his clothes. If we are going to attack bigrtry we need to do it on all fronts no matter who is doing it. I think our problem is we do not seem to come together and not until we do will we be able to solve this problem. We have bigots with many different skin colors.

April 14, 2012 at 6:23 pm |
  2. Joe Sorge

With the use of the "N" word. I don't say the full word because I was taught better. Even to use the letter in that contacts makes me feel bad and angry and I'm white.

April 14, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
  3. Joe Sorge

Sorry I meant to say "context."

April 14, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
  4. Bribarian

anything goes....Ya I'll bet, let's have a talk about the disproportionate power of the Israeli lobby in America...

April 18, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
  5. Eldon

Ever since the Zimmerman/Martin incident occurred, I am continually appaulled at Don's rederick regarding race. He makes it seem like the only people who can not be racist are African-Americans. Believe it or not, Don, every race has some people in it that have something against another race. Being African-American myself, I have found that the special programs put in place saying that we should be able to get into certain universities with lower grades, etc, etc has just become an out of control politically correct nightmare for me. I feel at times that the only reason I'm being asked to participate in my work environment on certain projects, etc is because I am African-American. Most of them I'm not qualified to be involved in as my credentials fall short of others that are involved. So let's call it as it is. There will always be racism in our society regardless of race or creed and all you're doing is inflaming the situation.

April 25, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  6. Eny

I hate it when people do that. I'm not sure evroybedy pays attention to that stuff, but I do usually clean things out now and then and dump people who have dumped me, heh. Though I do follow some accounts that don't follow back, just because the information is good.

May 10, 2012 at 11:38 am |
  7. Idania

Buck Davis is a perfect IDIOT. How come he did not mention the crimes black perpetrator commit everyday. Recently in Georgia a white baby, in his stroller was killed by a black individual just because the baby was white. Why the black community don't mention these crimes. Are they exempt from being accused of racism? I found more racism in the black community than among whites.

July 14, 2013 at 6:32 pm |