Today on CNN Newsroom

April 12th, 2012

Hope and optimism evident in Liberia

CNN's Brenda Bush visits her war-torn homeland and finds an unexpected upbeat spirit.

Post by:
Filed under: Suzanne Malveaux
  1. Diane Stelling

This is true. My husband just returned from a one month mission trip to Liberia. Things are improving both in the city and up country. PTL. We lived there in the 70's.

April 12, 2012 at 11:12 am |
  2. Annette de la Haye Cooper

I am dancing in my living room with these children!!! My heart is so thrilled to see the joy of children being children again. Thank you for this wonderful report. My family moved to Liberia in 1954 to the radio Station ELWA. This is my HOME!!! I was blessed to return HOME 2 years ago also. I spent a lot of time with the childsoldiers from the war. I believe God is rebuilding our land and people. If you would like to see my journal of that trip, visit cultivatingbeauty.blogspot.com I hope to return again to my people and land very soon. I love my people plenty o'!!!

April 12, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  3. Charmain Kromah-Patel

This is truly a wonderful piece. I am a Liberian woman living in the US. I found this very uplifting. It brought so much joy to my day! You must be very proud of your daughter- She is beautiful and an inspiration to all of us- Thank you.

April 12, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  4. Patrick Lancaster

Love, LOVE this piece! I've been to Liberia 3 times and just cannot wait to return, it's my second home. Such a beautiful country and people, I hope we continue to see stories like this about how things are progressing.

April 12, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
  5. Barbara Brown

It was really great to see the hope in the faces of the people of Liberia. Thanks for the great story. God is truly blessing our country.

April 12, 2012 at 7:10 pm |
  6. Lillian Farrah

My heart is glad...after being away for 22yrs I am even more excited about going home.

April 12, 2012 at 11:48 pm |
  7. Stephine

This is wonderfull news for all Liberians around the world. Thanks to Brenda Bush for giving us hope again.

April 14, 2012 at 3:16 pm |
  8. Vivian Sayon

So impressed and overwhelm with tears of joy after being away for the past 22yrs. May God Almighty help Liberia to recovery

April 14, 2012 at 6:19 pm |
  9. Borlebo Karpeh

Many thanks for the opportunity given me as the Program Officer of the Liberia Albino Society-LAS to sahare with you the plights of the Liberia Albinos. The Liberia Albinos are the most marginalized, discriminated and disdian group in the country to the extent that we are called names such as Jahtos, Liberia white people, witchcraft, devils etc. These and other identification caps the the discrimination we live with. Therefore, calling on the international body to see the need for inhtervention especially the present plight of cancer as a common killer disease among the Liberia albinos.

Many thanks
    Borlebo Karpeh
    Program Officer

April 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm |
  10. Robert Foley

The US Government put Charles Taylor in power. Why did they wait so long to get him out? He still is a wanted person in the US. For Escape???

April 26, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
  11. Kelley Cronenberg

It write generally seems to have a large number of company. Can you advertise it? The program provides pleasing unusual distort concerning ideas. I suppose enjoying a specific thing absolute or possibly massive to buy facts about is an essential aspect.

May 16, 2012 at 2:33 pm |