Today on CNN Newsroom

May 13th, 2012

Ryan Kennedy's Wish

Nine year old Ryan Kennedy is dying from a rare form of brain cancer, living out his final days at home. After years of surgeries and painful treatments, the fourth grader told his mom he'd had enough and decided to stop.
His story has touched so many people, a group of local students decided to make his name trend on twitter by tweeting #RyanKennedy.
Ryan's mom Kimberly Morris-Karp spoke to Randi Kaye from Detroit on her last Mother's Day with Ryan.

Post by:
Filed under: Anchors • Randi Kaye
  1. Greg Bennett

I hope the family has not overlooked the book "Outsmart Your Cancer" by Tanya Harter Pierce. If they were not impossible to contact I would send them the book myself. Too bad alternative cures are forced out of the newscircle by the FDA

May 13, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  2. em

Beautiful boy, I wish you strength and peace on your journey.

God Bless

May 13, 2012 at 11:19 pm |
  3. junjun

will keep praying for your journey to the Father and pray for us likewise.

May 14, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
  4. Guido Pisa

PLEASE, Take care of the child with CANNABIS OIl !!!!
    Another child in the U.S. is HEALED with this 'OIL

May 14, 2012 at 4:11 pm |
  5. Paul

Dear Boy,

Have calm now. Don't not be afraid of the unknown. Die knowing peace in your heart. You have been brave to this fight. Now rest well and feel the warmth of your family's love.

May 14, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
  6. cezar kwasiborski

there is a doctor that treats brain cancer watch this movie on utube Dr. Burzynski Movie he has cured a lot of patients

May 14, 2012 at 6:32 pm |
  7. ck

Dr. Burzynski Movie watch it on utube, if it is not too late

May 14, 2012 at 6:34 pm |
  8. ADR

Ryan, I don't know if I will ever be as brave as you.

May 15, 2012 at 7:06 am |
  9. Kathleen

Ryan and family~ Please know that you and yours are being lifted in prayer. I admire your strength and faith in the midst of this battle. I will be sharing this video on Facebook in the hope that the information will be shared and that the post will bring more prayers to you. May you continue to find peace in our Lord Jesus.
    Kathleen (Church of the Holy Child, OB, FL)

May 16, 2012 at 6:46 pm |
  10. Chapal

You will be with my daughter in heaven and god will take care of you

May 16, 2012 at 10:10 pm |
  11. Monique

I'm praying for you Ryan & your family too. May God bless you & yours...I said a prayer for you today. I hope your days are spent full of love and family and friends around you. I will ALWAYS remember your story and fight and carry it with me. I hope the word spreads on this terrible disease and maybe someday they will have a cure...until then little angel, rest!!

May 17, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
  12. Grace

Ryan,
    My name is Grace Olechowski and I go to Sashabaw Middle School, right across from your school, North Sashabaw. Everyday I smile when I see that they've put up on the North Sash. billboard, "Tweet #RyanKennedy. We love you." I know I have never met you personally, but I feel like I've known you forever. You've shown me what being strong really is all about. My family and I are praying for you everyday. My brother, at the junior high, and I are proudly wearing your bracelets. Clarkston cares, and you are my inspiration. Please find comfort in your family and know that God is upholding you and strengthening you. You will never fear a thing with His grace and power. We love you Ryan, and keep your smile on.
    Love,
    Grace

May 17, 2012 at 8:02 pm |
  13. Sarah

Dear Ryan,
    You are such a brave boy. Rest and feel the deep love of your family and friends. They will NEVER forget you; they will love you forever. They will cry when you leave, but God will bring them peace and comfort and although they will always miss you, with time they will be able to smile and laugh about the great memories with you. And though they will miss you greatly, it will make them happy to think about you, and they will feel so blessed to have you in their lives.

Don't be afraid, Ryan. God and the angels will take care of you. Heaven is a wonderful place and you will be happy and healthy. I am praying that my Mother and Daddy will meet you there. Their names are Charles and Virginia. My Mother is very, very kind and my Daddy tells great stories and is lots of fun to be around! Kids like them; I'm sure you will too. I'm praying for God to bless you and your family.

May 17, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
  14. Mahesh

Pl don't take his death for granted. Why not all of us pray to GOD to give all those a chance who wish to treat Ryan. Cosmic Healing will help for sure.

May 25, 2012 at 5:46 pm |