Today on CNN Newsroom

June 3rd, 2012

Tim McGraw to give free homes to vets

CNN's Fredricka Whitfield speaks with country singer Tim McGraw about helping veterans get mortgage-free homes.

Filed under: Fredricka Whitfield
  1. KAREN MAE MYERS

THIS POST IS FOR Tim Mcgraw, and I wish to commend you on your generosity for our soliders, even if you can,t help Kristopher you will help others I thank you for that, God Bless you and yous

June 4, 2012 at 8:15 am |
  2. Berge Georges Zobayan

Hi,
    My name is Berge Georges Zobayan Iraqi disabled vet I got a cando in San Diego, CA and I watched the special about the free homes for vets with Tim McGraw.
    My question is, is there anything or any programs to remodel old homes or condominium for disabled vets??

June 4, 2012 at 7:31 pm |
  3. John Bullock

I guess this do not for vietnam vets ?

June 4, 2012 at 10:17 pm |
  4. John Bullock

Sorry for last post.. I meant to say, this is not for vietnam vets? been trying to get a home since vietnam .. no luck .. credit is poor, because of medical bills. The V.A. have been slow about paying Medical Bills.. Bills attach to credit, no chance for Home ....

June 4, 2012 at 10:24 pm |
  5. Zooni

Another name for bank owned homes are foreclosed homes. Tim Mcgraw isn't giving them away, the banks can't sell them and the banks are giving them away. At least they are not burning down like they are in Detroit.

June 6, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
  6. JGallagher Average American

What a true blooded American !!! Lets see Mr. 250 million Mitt Romney do that. Oh that right hes to greedy & you want him for president good luck America....... America thanks you mr Mcgraw for bringing light to a dark subject our disabled Vets. Purple hearts for the strong at heart. Take back america !!! Stand up & help our Vets.

June 7, 2012 at 6:48 am |
  7. Chief Joe

Mr. Bullock, I am in the Hampton Roads area of Virgnina. the Habitat orginization has kicked off a new program "Habitat for Heros" a program specifically focused on Veterans. What ever region you are in, I suggest reaching out to them. I have been a volunteer for seven years now and believe in the program.

June 8, 2012 at 6:17 am |
  8. HD0205

Re: Berge Georges Zobayan
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that The Home Depot has a program to help people especially vets. Go to your local Home Depot, talk to a manager and ask about Team Depot. Associates from the store will go out and help out in any way they can.

June 11, 2012 at 6:44 pm |
  9. Joe L.

I'm a disabled vet with two mortgages...please pay them off for me!

June 12, 2012 at 10:01 am |
  10. juan arroyo usa ret

Good afternoon and good morning have just retired; went through a disgusting divorce and still going back and forth in court with the ex. I have retired from Fort Benning, GA and i am struggling with various medical and psychological issues. I have a family and have the most loving wife that should be awarded for her service as a military wife. can you send me an email on how could i apply for a more deserving home than living in a trailer of wear and tare.

June 22, 2012 at 10:24 am |
  11. Bill Niemeier

VERY proud of you doing this for our Veterans, Tim. It show just what a class act you are.

June 23, 2012 at 11:37 am |
  12. April Brown

Thank you so much Tim, chase bank and operation homefront! You gave a home to my best friend Brandi and her husband RJ and their 3 wonderful children. You have really changed their lives and im so grateful that they were chosen!! They have been through a lot as a family and this was there light at a very dark tunnel!!

July 19, 2012 at 12:38 pm |