Today on CNN Newsroom

June 11th, 2012

Mary Neal knew about her son's death, before he died from an accident.

Mary Neal spoke to Randi Kaye about her book "To Heaven and back." She discusses her near-death experience and conversations with God.

Post by:
Filed under: Anchors • Faces of Faith • Randi Kaye
  1. Delusional

yep,, The need to feel absolute purpose will cause the mind to concoct nonsense. Ever have crazy dreams of success, when you are in the most difficult times? This is no different. Claiming she knew about he sons death is even more proof of how far a person as this will reach. If the delusion makes her feeel better, fine, it harms no one.

June 11, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
  2. Mrs C

Completely credible. I think we need to sort mysterious events in our logic-boxes marked "doctrine" or "science" or "psychology, " etc. But Mary's story doesn't fit any of them neatly, and that can set off all kinds of firestorms. I have known her and her family for decades and can affirm that her story, while really uncomfortable to wrap ones mind around, is unadorned, precise and not "spun." She experienced what she experienced and has something amazing, beautiful and encouraging to say.

June 12, 2012 at 11:04 am |
  3. JGallagher Average American

Wow... Delusional NO.... Every human must face death thats the only fate everyone must share. No matter what you belive is waiting for you when you die. Mary has opened up to the world. Even when people such as the 1st comment will try to discredit her every word. America this is nothing short of a blessing !! Im sorry that you lost your son Mary. Keep up the good work & cont. to change the world with the gift GOD has givin you !

June 12, 2012 at 8:32 pm |
  4. jimdevo

Really facisinating and very believable. Reminds me of the recent stroy of a little boy who had died and came back and told of how he had met all these family members in heaven who had died before he was born, that his parents had never told him about. Can't wait to read her book.

June 13, 2012 at 5:42 pm |
  5. Ituri

The moment she says "then I left my body" is where we can shake our heads and hope this woman can come to terms with her losses HONESTLY some day. Many people who experience near dea th moments "meet" spirits (conveniently from the religious affiliation the person is already a part of), are told their loved ones are going to "pass," or are told what they are doing "wrong." These are not grand new things nobody has ever experienced, its COMMON in NDE's. We can even recreate NDE in training centrifuges, like the type NASA trains astronauts with.

In the end, yes, it really is just your brain reacting to whats going on. Death is not some magical thing, and these people who worship death and use religion as a security blanket really inspire my pity. That she goes as far as to assume her son was "greeted" by these spirits is tremendously sad as well, what a massive lie she's told herself for her own good.

And her comments on fear are also common for a drowning. There is no pain, its described often as "peaceful."

But hey, lie to yourself if thats the only way you can handle your losses. I prefer the truth no matter what it looks like, but if you prefer idealistic lies and made up afterlives, who am I to say otherwise.

June 13, 2012 at 6:40 pm |
  6. Paula D.

The one thing the naysayers never seem to discuss is WHY the brain would bother to evolve in a way that provides us with any comforts when we are near death. Honestly, what's the point? The fact is, there is no point. Nature doesn't take shortcuts. It doesn't need to. There is no evolutionary purpose for having our mind provide us with a smooth transition into death. It would be much easier and sensible for our minds to simply have us slip into darkness, no questions asked. Even so, the naysayers would have you believe that they are the perveyors of truth ... even though they have no experience with near death (or post death) themselves. Their arguments are moot because they are in no position to pass judgement on what has happened to people with NDE.They are, of course, entitled to their opinions but their science is faulty because they lack the ability to link science with spirituality. We only exist in a dimension in which all that is real is tangible and can either be seen or touched. To them, the concept of a soul is a figment of our imagination. Imagination? Did I just say that? Wait a minute...you can't see or feel an imagination. Obviously it's not real. Sorry about that.

June 13, 2012 at 11:35 pm |
  7. rh

And that's exactly what religion is – "magical thinking" – "if delusions make one feel better".

The problem is when YOUR magical thinking infringes on my rights. Too many Xians think that their child has a right to put their religion on other kids in public school, by singing "God Bless the USA" and other songs with religious (almost always Christian) references.

June 14, 2012 at 10:15 am |
  8. Little Jeffy

Bah. Belief is Belief. It can't be wrong, only at worst possibly mislead. Science works within the physical realm. Spirituality doesn't.

How can you even scientifically prove that something doesn't exist? If it doesn't exist then you can't logically define it....if you can't define it, how can you prove it doesn't universally exist? Easy; you start making assumptions about it's definition and then come to flawed conclusions. Which is somehow different then what you claim religion does???? Odd.

June 14, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  9. Little Jeffy

Also @rh,
    Why is it wrong to force religion on kids in public schools, but alright to force religious-aversion to kids in public schools?
    In a public setting it's a diverse population, I can understand and support any parents right to decide the religious implications to their children, but it crosses a line when you go from being forced STRAIGHT to not being allowed. Where the !%^& is the freedom in that?

June 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  10. atheist but open minded

I live in the same town as Dr. Neal and saw her speak to a small group locally. While I personally don't believe in God, I can tell you that her words and message were of great comfort to many in the group who had lost loved ones, those who do share her beliefs. She was self-effacing and soft spoken and I certainly don't feel that she imposed her beliefs on me. In fact, she was far more civil and tolerant than most people are when they get into political "discussions".

June 14, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
  11. HZ

When I was a kid I had a dream about a neighbor dying. I told my mom in the morning. That same day we first learned that the neighbor had already died some days previous but we didn't know about it. Another time one of my aunts fell sick. *instantly* our entire family felt she had died. We lived about 60 miles away and were told only to come to the hospital. She was dead. Stuff happens. Some refuse to believe it.

June 14, 2012 at 10:42 pm |
  12. glacierkaren

Funny how we know radio waves exist, but can't see them. There is an energy field that surrounds the Earth, you can't see that, either, but it's there. The fact that so many people worldwide, from diverse cultures and religions, have the same experience proves it cannot just be a coping mechanism. Is amazing how many people say they don't believe in God, as if His existence depends on man. What a joke- now that's delusion.

We have succeeded in raising a godless generation in this country and what has that gotten us? The breakdown of family, destruction of our financial system from unbridled greed, increasing violence and disrespect for law and life- a whole generation of people who feel they answer to no one but themselves. What a sad situation for our country and future generations will pay the price for our stupidity. Our grandkids are paying the price already.

June 15, 2012 at 10:28 am |
  13. Mel

I absolutely love how God works in the lives of people especially those that allow him to do so. It is such an amazing thing to watch his will unfold and to see the perfect plan he has for us. If one chooses not to believe in God that is ok. I was born with a desire to know God and I don't believe this is by accident.

June 15, 2012 at 12:53 pm |
  14. indefense

Poor woman, I'm glad she has the coping skills she needs. My neighbor drowned in a frigid river and I truly hope that her passing was peaceful and not terrifying. Response to glacierkaren, as a law-abiding, compassionate atheist, I won't tolerate being blamed for the downfall of our society, nor am I stupid, thank you. Blame someone else, maybe the people all over the worldof various religions who have been killing each other for millenea over whose god is right.
    Thank you, Mel, for your open-heartedness (sincerely).

June 15, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
  15. Chris

What's she selling? Don't drink the kool-aid.

June 15, 2012 at 5:39 pm |
  16. Amanda

I've never had a near-death experience, but I have had things happen to me that are beyond scientific explanation. My mother died almost five years ago. I had a normal conversation on the phone with her the day before she died. On the day of her car accident, I woke up for work like normal, but with an ugly anxious feeling in my stomach. At work, I was anxious and nervous, but couldn't figure out why I felt the way I did. I even remarked to my co-worker that I felt uneasy.

I took my lunch break as normal, and when I returned back to work, I received the worst phone call of my life. She was in a car accident at 11:45 am. My body knew about her impending death before I did.

I think there are just some things that are unseen and unexplainable.

June 16, 2012 at 12:45 am |
  17. Vicky

I just bought Mary's book. I know her story is real. My husband also experienced life after death, having traveled through the sun and back, experiencing God's world. He, too, did not want to come back even though he has greatly loved his life here on earth. Upon returning here, he has never felt so heavy and slow.

This book will be a gift for my husband. Many thanks to Mary for her time and courage to share her story with all of us. I know her son is in the best of all worlds now .... and most likely loving it.

June 16, 2012 at 3:33 am |
  18. Rob

I can already foresee the spirit of Ituri (above poster) after he/she dies, floating around in space with no place to go. Such an empty spiritual existence. Pity.

June 16, 2012 at 3:41 am |
  19. peter

Let people believe what ever they want. as long as they harm no one. It is none of your concern what this woman believes, period. We should all be so fortunate to find some kind of peace in our lives. If you don't agree with it, ignore it, don't read it but don't put her down or say that she is wrong. It is you who are sad and delusional. Maybe you should find your own center of soul and work your way out of your cynicism, doesn't have to be religion, try it

June 16, 2012 at 6:48 am |
  20. DaveR

Most if not all of the features of near death experiences can be explained, or at least compared to similar experiences in non-death situations. In other words, there is strong evidence for a biological basis for this phenomenon. Further, consistencies in NDEs is likely a cultural phenomenon not unlike the commonality in sightings of flying saucers and little green men as stories like this became more publicized. The simpler explanation is usually the correct one (Occam's razor), and a biological model that has demonstrable analogs in non-death circumstances is far simpler than being greeted by spirits, etc. If you chose to believe otherwise, that is of course your prerogative. I know some attempts have been made to scientifically document NDE features such as out-of-body experiences by placing objects around the room at various heights the dying person would not know about. I'm not aware of any credible study that has demonstrated that post NDE, anyone could describe any of those objects.

As Stephen Hawkings says, life after death is likely just wishful thinking.

June 16, 2012 at 9:51 am |
  21. Debbie

So sad that these people have no idea what the Bible says about death and what happens after death. We don't speak wiht anyone and we don't communicate with the dead. Just exactly the kind of thing that Satan the enemy of Jehovah God wants people to believe. The more that believe that the farther away they are from God and that is what the fallen angel Satan want's. He is out to destroy people and he does it in my subtle ways and false religious teachings are one way. Wish people would just open their own Bibles and see what God has to say to us about things like death, meaning of life and where we go when we die. Very misguided people out there. the is only one God so there can only be one way he wants us to worship and glorify him. There is only one road Jesus his son spoke of. One leading off into destruction and that is wide and spacious and many on it. The other leading off into life and eternal blessings is narrow and cramped and very few on it.

June 16, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  22. Katja

For those of you that think this is Delusion you are wrong! If you have never experienced it how can you say that?? I know for a fact that this is real and yes I'm sorry for those of you who don't believe...then again, it is hard to believe something like that if you have never been through it...There is life after death and it is very real!

June 17, 2012 at 12:01 am |
  23. jade

i sure would like to know what Ituri's "truth" is!

there is absolutely an afterlife and it has nothing to do with religion

June 17, 2012 at 2:13 pm |
  24. Tom

Lol, what a pile of B.S. Why does not God just pick us all up and takes as up to wherever we belong, and finish with this joke down here. No, that would be too simple. That would not fit the plan. Instead he sends a confused women on CNN to tell us her stories. No body knows yet how a brain starved of oxygen behaves. Maybe it projects life expectations of death on the subject, to make the experience less traumatic ? I do not know. But I do not think she does either. She is trying to find sense in her own accident, and that of her son., too feed her hopes that she will meet him one day.

June 17, 2012 at 7:09 pm |
  25. R Burns

Anyone who has brought information about the future back from a vision and expressed it to others or written it down, then had the information come to be true later (often a couple of years later) knows that this is not the working of a delusional mind! Prophecy and prediction are mysteries, but very real. If you haven't had this experience, even for just your own life, and want it – ask in prayer. Not for a sign of God's existence, but for the help only He can give. You will know when it happens, and then you'll be on the other side of this conversation!

June 17, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
  26. mahdeealoo

I knew about my fiancee's death before it happened but I didn't have to have a near death experience to find out about it. Just intuition. Loud and clear. And not a thing I could do about it.

This woman's experience is really beautiful. I'm glad she came back to tell her story and how truly wonderful it is to have a human body to experience life with.

June 18, 2012 at 1:21 am |
  27. U First

Your brain goes over the top trying to keep you alive.

Your brain does not want you to die. And being out of air, you can hallucinate. I don't knock her story at all, it's just that as you start to fade out, you are really at peace. You are calm. But your brain is trying to protect you from harm.

June 18, 2012 at 9:42 pm |
  28. RadiantDarkBlaze

@ Paula D.
    So, what about your thoughts then? The ones you think when you watch a TV show? The ones you were thinking as you watched the video? (If you end up reading this) The ones you're thinking as you read this post by me? Can you see them? Probably not. Can you feel them? Definitely not. So, those definitely aren't real then, are they? They might be what help you decide what to do in any given situation, 'cause things might get slightly ugly if you never, ever let any words go through your mind, and just always acted on instinct. They might be part of what make your emotions possible. (But oh wait, you can't really physically feel emotions, those must also not exist). Your thoughts, just like your imagination, definitely do not exist, because you cannot see them nor physically feel them.

Okay, now that I've got your attention... know what? I don't claim to know if there's an afterlife or not. If there's any way to foresee (or otherwise sense (the imminence of)) events before they unfold. If anyone ever talked to spirits or whatever before. If anyone ever foresaw or otherwise sensed (the imminence of) any events before they unfolded before. I don't claim to know if everything in the future is already set in stone, leaving only the illusion of choices, or if we really can sort of control what happens next, leaving us to try our best to get what we want (though I know either way I wanna make good choices, choices that benefit those around me and hopefully me as well, even if those 'choices' are only illusions). Humans have a tendency to think they know (almost) everything there is to know (referring to the entire population, not any particular group within the whole population). They don't. I sure don't know everything. There is not a single person out there who knows everything there is to know. That's why there's plenty of people out there, so that information can be exchanged between us all, so that beliefs and ways of thinking can be exchanged so that we can each choose what to think, what to believe (in). I personally think that while I don't know for sure whether there's any life after death or not, it's better to believe or at least hope there is, then never discover otherwise before fading, than to go through life thinking there won't be anything more once you're through, then discover "Wait- what?! There is more? Was I being negative in the previous mode of life?", since it's pretty much a choice of either going through life with the hope that there will be more once you're through, or with the constant fear of death (whether that fear is extreme or barely noticeable, or anywhere in between). I personally don't think there's any heaven or hell per say, just the higher the ratio of things you did in the interests of the majority/those around you than the things you did for yourself and yourself only the warmer the welcome you'll get when you go to the next life (whether the next life happens as a different form of energy here on this planet or in a separate plane of existence), but if you mainly acted in your own interest (nearly) all your life, the well, either you're not getting a very warm welcome, or possibly no welcome, just all the other spirits (or whatever) ignoring the hell out of you (depending on whether you caused any sort of emotional pain (often a part of physical pain) to other people when you were still in this life or not while being only interested in yourself). But whether or not there's more after this life, or if the only thing awaiting those who meet their end in this life (whether their life gets cut short or they simply die of age) is oblivion, I think it's best to enjoy this life to the fullest, while making it easier for others to do the same. Anyway, just my opinion. I can't expect nor force you to believe the same as me.

June 19, 2012 at 4:11 am |
  29. Sam I am

Seems to me that if this is the way one chooses to cope with heart rendering things that have happened and she believes it to be truth then who are we to say any different. We have not been walking in her shoes, we have not travelled the path in life that she is on. Therefore we should be grateful of the added knowledge that she has so kindly shared with us that in turn may give us a little more insight on the journey that lies ahead of each one of us. So her thoughts are different, the way she interprets things that she has experienced is different from our personal experiences doesn't make it wrong makes it personal and her need to share her experience with others is a gift so just be nice and say thank you, take it with a grain of salt if you wish but grow up and quit being rude to those around us that wish to share their experiences with others. Maybe, just maybe one day we will have something to share that will make a difference in the life of another.

June 19, 2012 at 10:30 am |
  30. Chris Coldby

I fell sorry for her loss and traumatic experience, but this is simply yet another in a long string of evidence-less claims–all of which are just as convinced in their own validity and many of which prove directly contradictory with others or at the least-self-confirming of previously held or experienced beliefs. It may make her feel good, it may make others with shared hopes for their dead loved ones feel good, but it is unsupported, after-the-fact testimony that varies from culture to culture, religion to religion, and all of which can be both explained AND duplicated through naturalistic means.

June 19, 2012 at 2:49 pm |
  31. Jacy Crawford

I died a few years back, but everyone was disappointed that I didn't remember anything when I came back – even the people in the hospital who were sent to question me. When I was checking out, I stopped mid-conversation to see my two dogs' faces = they passed already – but the actual death experience brought nothing. I didn't want to wake up when they were reviving me, and I didn't know anything from before – total amnesia about myself, how to write, talk, walk, etc. But no spirits at the time. Plenty since then, though, and a whole new outlook I never had before – complete physical changes including what doctors and people who knew me before refer to as a time reversal effect – I look twenty to twenty five years younger – skin, size, coloring, but did very little to make that happen. Still, I don't know anything about these things, but I do think we should keep an open mind. I mean, doctors never could find out what killed me during a routine angiogram, or what made my blood pressure 245 over 136 mostly for five years...I'd like to read her book.

June 19, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
  32. Frances

I was in a river rafting accident that held me under until I was nearly unconscious and I did know I was dying. I very calmly watched as it got darker and things started to slow down as my brain was denied oxygen. It was peasceful and I did not panic. However, I was in an eddy and as I swirled around a another person was able to grab my clothing and pull me out. My son did drown in that same accident and I have the comfort of knowing that he most likely felt the same peace as I did but it all just got darker and slower until he passed away. This experience was as close to what Mary describes as possible – but I do not see it as God pulling me back because I have more to do in this life and I guess my beautiful son was just done – I see it as I got rescued and unfortunatley and horrificly – my son did not.

I think Mary is a little looney and I will not be buying her book

June 19, 2012 at 6:32 pm |
  33. JGallagher Average American

Anyone heard of Edgar Cayce foundation . I state his name for the nay sayers & those who degrade Mary. Edgar Cayce goes against everything SCIENCE teaches yet he was real & the gift he was givin was real. Mary your far from what most think of you. The Bad will always find fault in you. Dont take what others say here to heart. Keep up the good work !! !

June 21, 2012 at 9:22 am |
  34. Rainbow Dash

Seems Legit.

June 21, 2012 at 1:08 pm |
  35. Carmen

No one can say for sure until THEY pass on.
    I see no reason for anyone to judge because they can only hold opinion, (their own) and not fact. The only Facts to be found in something like this is our OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.
    Each can decide what to believe but it doesn't change what is real.
    Personally – I have to believe in life after death and logically reincarnation makes sense TO ME.
    I expect no-one else to believe just like me nor do I invite their opinions on the matter.
    The Universe (or God if you will) is infinite – our understanding infinitesimal.

June 21, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
  36. melissa

I have read her book! Fascinating and so reassuring that God loves us all!

June 21, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
  37. barney

the fool has said in his heart "there is no God"

June 21, 2012 at 9:37 pm |
  38. Bible Clown©

What fund-raising BS! Be sure and send your money. Then God can send YOU a miracle too.

June 22, 2012 at 4:26 pm |
  39. Bible Clown©

"I think Mary is a little looney and I will not be buying her book" This goes triple for me. Sorry for her loss, but wow, crazy time.

June 22, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
  40. Beenthere

Ever heard of Deja vu? This type of event could be along the same line. Also, how many actually remember all their dreams? Only those who answer affirmatively these questions can positively state they know what this world, or realm, is all about. My daughter was killed in an accident and only a couple of days before she died I was extremely distraught and did not know why. Shortly afterwards I had a "dream" where we met in an ethereal place and she told me she was okay. And no, I am not a devout religious believer. However, this event was so far from what I would expect that I do believe it was not a part of my imagination or desire to hold onto my daughter. I believe we are all here in this world for a reason and will remain until our purpose has been fulfilled. Could be to learn something or maybe we are the teacher...

June 23, 2012 at 9:55 am |
  41. Nancee

Some peoplel are blessed, and/or cursed, to know things that others don't or can't. Not just a few, but I think probably more than will say. We all have a certain amount of intuition. Or, call it perception. Most people's cone of perception covers a certain area. People who see/know more just have wider cones of percetion. It's not a very woo-woo thing or "mysterious". It's just part of all of us.

June 23, 2012 at 11:45 am |
  42. Observer

Bless her heart. If people need these kinds of fantasies to help them get through a painful and sometimes tragic life, I see no harm in it. I only object when they feel it is their duty to try to "force" me or my children to take part in their faith. I do believe in an afterlife. My body will decompose and nourish other living things and I take great comfort in that. The compounds and energy in me will continue on, just as I borrowed them from something else, so, in effect, I will continue on. I don't have to fool myself to understand that.

June 23, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
  43. Steve

I'm glad that her experience led her to value living more. However your brain is who you are. Any thing you experience while you breathe and before eternal darkness closes in is a result of your brain function. If you were truly dead then you would not be talking about your experience. There are many things that we do understand and some that the tools of science may never be able to unravel, but it is a safe bet that people who are really dead do not come back to talk about it. Even if your heart is not pumping blood and an EEG shows no function if you come out of it you were not dead! As for the religous twist that always seems to be a part of these stories, as an atheist, I put no creedence in them, although I support your right to believe what you want to as long as you understand that your belief is a personal issue and you do not try to force others to believe as you do, which all too often is the case in the voting booth or supporting NGOs that see things the same way that you do.

June 23, 2012 at 7:08 pm |
  44. Matt

I wonder how many people would be supporting her if she said that in meeting with God, she found out that Allah is the one true good and Islam is the right religion. I'd be willing to bet that the same people supporting her in this thread would be denouncing her.

The only reason some people are eating this up is because she's appealing to their religious belief and providing comfort for their insecurities. It's not very hard for someone to use an emotional story to manipulate an audience. It's been done all throughout history. She's going to get rich off of it, so good for her. I'd love to see the demographics of who buys her book because that would probably help identify a greater problem...

June 23, 2012 at 9:33 pm |
  45. GerryD

To all the good people (I mean die-hard skeptics) who are casting doubts on Dr Neal's recollection and experience, I would only say: Get yourself some education because there is a lot going on in conciousness research particularly in the field of NDE. Il would gladly recommend the book written by Dr Pim Van Lommel, a Dutch cardiologist who has been studying this phenomenon for over twenty years and the one recently published by Dr Mario Beauregard, from the Neuroscience Research Center at the University of Montreal. They could also take time to check with Dr Dean Radin, from the Institute of Noetic Science whose research on precognition seem to imply that not only consciousness is not secreted by the brain, but also is not limited to space and time. Good reading folks and keep on open mind on what you don't know, appears disturbing or plainly disconcerting!

June 24, 2012 at 1:53 am |
  46. Joe Pell

The mental wards are full of people claiming the same thing, yet CNN and a publisher decide this one is ok? WHATEVER !!!

June 25, 2012 at 9:21 am |
  47. Monique

Paula D. - Well said! Brava!

June 25, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
  48. MyBrianLivesOn

I always find it interesting how atheists and naysayers seem to respond in droves to such posts. If you do not believe, why do you continue to click on the links? Searching for something perhaps? Looking for someone to believe in?
    If you want to know if God is real, try asking Him to show you. Perusing the internet will only leave you frustrated.

Mary tell your story. It is up to each individual to accept or reject. But if you reject it, please try not to degrade a brave person for telling it. It's rude.

June 26, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  49. Ed earl

The naysayers have no more scientific proof for their position than this lady has for her position. She is not demanding that they accept her experience she is just telling people about it.
    Some of these pseudo-intellectuals and ersatz scientists, will likley claim the burden of proof is on the believer, SO WHAT? unless and until there is definitive proof one way or the other, the truth remains open leaving both agreement and disagreement as faith based positions.
    In fact, science itself will not function at all absent certain faith based assumptions.

June 26, 2012 at 5:54 pm |
  50. Keith

I refuse to enter into the argument of who's right or who's wrong because it seems entirely irrelevant as it's unlikely anyone will change their mind on this topic. We all make the decision for ourselves about what we believe. But, I will say this: James Randi offered a very powerful incentive, $1M, to ANYone who could prove paranormal activity or ability. So, while we are all welcome to believe what we want, I am personally going with the cash and saying that, since hundreds of people tried and no one, not a single person, passed the muster, for me, paranormal activity/ability will remain something I choose not to believe in. At least until someone can actually prove it, vice wax poetic about it (and that's a not a slam of those who do!).

June 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm |
  51. RichG

Same thing happened to me. I was told the world was going to end tomorrow. Sorry

June 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
  52. Emma

Everyone alive has the privilege of choosing what they will believe. Why do people get so upset when they hear about someone who has experienced, or believes they have, something different from their own dearly held beliefs? It is interesting that nearly all of the riduculing, vitriolic comments come from those who do not believe in God and hate anything smacking of religion; could it be they are secretly afraid? What difference does it make if someone has beliefs different from theirs? At least, people who believe in a loving, caring God can have a feeling of security and peace while on this earth. Why do the non-believers have such a problem with that?

June 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
  53. Rachel

Gawd, what a bunch of pathetic, narrow-minded individuals posting here. Wake up folks. There IS life after death, at least for those of us who believe!

The rest of you will be floating around as an empty spirit with no place to go. And, for all eternity.

June 27, 2012 at 9:07 pm |
  54. Bryce

You guys do realize that "near death" experiences are a well studied subject in science already, right? Fighter pilots testing high mach speeds also experience the same things. It's not because the pearly gates of heaven and st peter are waiting for you with all your loved ones and you can talk to them. What a completely silly thing to believe. We can speak because our bodies have evolved our vocal chords and it took thousands of years to develop language. Your brain sends certain impulses when it speaks. When you die your brain deteriorates and your body rots. Your vocal chords no longer function. Have any of you actually thought about how this process works in the "afterlife"? Do you see your grandfather just the same age he was when he died? (on his last legs) or does he appear in his 20's, all dapper and youthful? Does an amputee suddenly magically get their legs back just so we can all be happy and run around in the heavenly clouds? Be real. Does everybody wear clothes in the afterlife? If they do, do they have a magical closet that they open up and there's just unlimited designer wardrobes they can pick from or do they wear the same clothes every day? Or can you just magically wish they are wearing something different? Are you literally in the clouds as the ancients thought before we found out what clouds were or does this take place in the 11th dimension? When a human dies they immediately release all their bodily functions because there's no muscle holding back anymore...so when you visit your dead friends in heaven do they smell like they pooped their pants? If these questions sound ridiculous, it's because they are if you believe in the afterlife. Who ever heard of speaking without vocal chords or such silliness as someone who is mangled in a car wreck going to the afterlife and being all better! Do fat people get to go back to being skinny again? Do we all get mansions? Read up on NDE's (near death experiences) and I don't mean the wacky spiritual nonsense websites...I mean what we actually know about these reported experiences. Education...it doesn't hurt. I swear.

June 27, 2012 at 9:39 pm |
  55. Bryce

Rachel, nice post " There IS life after death, at least for those of us who believe!

The rest of you will be floating around as an empty spirit with no place to go. And, for all eternity"

You realize your believing it makes it real is the plot to the children's movie Kung-Fu Panda right? Wow.

As far as the rest of us "floating around" (whatever that even means) as an "empty spirit" (again, that makes no sense) with no place to go for eternity...what does that even mean? What is a spirit and where is it located in a person? Because there are religious people that pray every day and one day they get mangled in a car accident and their brains are damaged. The part of their brain that used to have "religious" experiences and could read the bible is no longer functional...did they lose their spirit? Does someone who grew up on an island secluded from the rest of civilization who has never heard of your "spirit" theory also "float around with no where to go" because they don't believe your nonsense? Humans have been evolving for at least 2 million years. At what point do you believe we got a "spirit"? Does a spirit look like a person did when they were alive so you can have conversations with that spirit? I mean do you guys actually pay attention to what your saying or ever question what it is you believe? Good Grief Charlie Brown.

June 27, 2012 at 9:45 pm |
  56. JC

Jesus, Leprachauns, and Trolls...OH MY!

June 28, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
  57. beaker2

Respectfully,

God inspired the Bible and his word says she is wrong. She is delusional or dealing with the demons. I'm not saying she is a liar but certainly mislead. No where in the scriptures does one find such an experience. In the few accounts of a resurrection no one ever came back with such tales. Read the account of Jesus resurrecting Lazarus at John 11:1-44

(Galatians 1:8) However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed.

(1 John 4:12) . . .At no time has anyone beheld God. If we continue loving one another, God remains in us and his love is made perfect in us.

(Exodus 33:20) . . .And he added: “You are not able to see my face, because no man may see me and yet live.. . .

(Psalm 146:4) 4 His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; In that day his thoughts do perish.

(2 Corinthians 11:13, 14) 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. . .

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) . . .For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.

(2 Thessalonians 2:9) But the lawless one’s presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents

" New Light on “Out-of-Body” Experiences

Swiss neurologists, using electrodes to pinpoint the origin of a woman’s epileptic seizures, accidentally triggered so-called out-of-body experiences in the patient, states the German science news service Bild der Wissenschaft-Online. Each time the angular gyrus of the right cortex of the brain was stimulated, the woman reported the sensation of leaving her body and watching it from above. That area of the brain seems to match visual awareness of the body with sensory information on where the body is located. “The stimulation by electrodes disrupted this interaction in the patient, for which reason her sense of perception seemingly detached itself from her body,” says Bild der Wissenschaft. Out-of-body experiences “have time and again nurtured speculations about a soul that is independent of the body.”

June 29, 2012 at 7:47 pm |
  58. it is what it is

every knee shall bow every tongue confess... Bryce ....Bryce..... Bryce...... ummmm .....I really.... really feel sorry for you.... that you have absolutely no idea what faith is....When you don't know what faith is, you cant push your brain past anything else. That's the only thing that deserves pity here people. I hope for each one of you who don't know God, to someday be able to say that you do to be able to say you have faith... and dont bother with the retorts that make you think you feel smarter than me because you can dish out a few 27 letter words and place them ever so eloquently... I can do that too, if I wanted to... but,,,,, any how,,,,,,, I sincerely hope that each one of you finds God, finds faith...Until then, May god bless you and watch over you.

June 29, 2012 at 7:53 pm |
  59. sugar

I died once. It was colder than I expected. The angel that came to collect me told me I could go back if I wanted. A broken heart was no reason to give up. I had not od'd or anything. Just lost my will. On many, many occasions I have had dreams that "came true". Outside of being accused of delusions or lying there are plenty of folks who believe me. It happens to them too. It happens to anyone open enough to digest what they're shown. Nasa has a theory for how and why dream prophecy works. Seems time, as it flows forward, creates ripples backwards. Since everything dream related is energy transference, simple energy transference, it's not impossible that we see things "before they happen". As for "near death" experiences, what I had was more powerful than any dream. It was more stark even than some of my reality over the years. If it was my faith coming through, so be it. But I suggest we never discount the mechanism of the universe. Things happen the way they happen for reasons beyond frequently beyond our control and more than that beyond our understanding.

June 29, 2012 at 8:09 pm |
  60. Bernie Mooney

While I believe in NDEs and she seems credible, I need more. The interviewer just took her experience for granted and asked no questions. While I believe she had some kind of profound experience, I need more information. Then I heard from a friend that she was on Dr. OZ and that made me even more skeptical.

June 29, 2012 at 9:52 pm |
  61. themindisinteresting

once i saw something before it happened, and it creeped me out honestly. i had a professor that i was not particularly fond of (nice lady, but class lectures were difficult to understand). one night i had a dream that i was in a cemetary with a friend of mine from that class and we were mourning the death of our professor. that very morning we went to class only to be told by the department that our professor had cancer and would not be returning for the remainder of the semester. as far as i know, she hasn't passed yet – but that is too freaky.

June 30, 2012 at 11:13 am |
  62. barkway

Bio-chemical and neurological response to lack of oxygen to brain (near death experience). People only think they saw the light, the tunnel, spoke to God or dead relatives. All completely explainable by science. Ask a neurosurgeon.

June 30, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
  63. OnlyOne

"I wonder how many people would be supporting her if she said that in meeting with God, she found out that Allah is the one true good and Islam is the right religion."

Divest yourself from your average atheist talking points for a second, and think. Is it not likely that her belief system would guide her perceptions? And why is that a big deal? Other than the fact that it takes some of the steam out of that talking point. So the christian perceives a Christian God, and the muslim Allah, and the new age fan the Spirit of the Universe or something similar, and the atheist.. well, nothing. There's your explanation.

July 1, 2012 at 11:29 pm |
  64. OnlyOne

Bryce, assuming you're actually interested in answers – here you go:

"As far as the rest of us "floating around" (whatever that even means) as an "empty spirit" (again, that makes no sense) with no place to go for eternity...what does that even mean? What is a spirit and where is it located in a person?"

The spirit is the essence of the person. It's what you refer to when you use personal pronouns like 'I', 'We' or 'Us'. The body is the vehicle it inhabits over a lifetime. That's the theory anyway, and it seems reasonable to me.

"Because there are religious people that pray every day and one day they get mangled in a car accident and their brains are damaged. The part of their brain that used to have "religious" experiences and could read the bible is no longer functional...did they lose their spirit?"

Sorry, false premise. The premise that a religious "experience" is merely a function of a brain location and nothing more is yours – YOU explain it. As far as I'm concerned, the religious experience parallels one's physical existence.. it is independent of physical brain function, although the latter may be the means by which it gets recorded and communicated to the external world.

"Does someone who grew up on an island secluded from the rest of civilization who has never heard of your "spirit" theory also "float around with no where to go" because they don't believe your nonsense?"

No, of course not. I think the original poster is referring to the act of closing oneself off from reality by pre-conceived notions. Therein lies the difference between the atheist and the agnostic – the latter is open to possibilities given sufficient and convincing evidence, the atheist is already convinced that none exist and chooses to see nothing. Don't complain about being unable to see if you refuse to open your eyes first.

"Humans have been evolving for at least 2 million years. At what point do you believe we got a "spirit"?"

I almost didn't respond because of that statement, because it's either intellectually dishonest or extremely uninformed. The species might be evolving, the being does not – surely you know that. If we go with the theory that the spirit is eternal and the physical being temporal, then a reasonable answer would be that the two are connected in life – and detach at death.

"Does a spirit look like a person did when they were alive so you can have conversations with that spirit?"
    Does it matter? Is sight the only one of your 5 senses that you use to perceive a loved one? Is it possible that they're perceived differently depending on the person doing the perceiving? Lay off the pointless rhetoric.

"I mean do you guys actually pay attention to what your saying or ever question what it is you believe?"

I have. I do, regularly. It never pays to be anything but completely honest with oneself. I suspect you're honest with yourself too – if a tad closed-minded. Seek the truth with an open heart, and it will come to you. Actually, it will come to you anyway – but it won't hurt to be a little more proactive in that arena, eh?

July 2, 2012 at 12:00 am |
  65. SophieCat

I used to feel a premonition every once in awhile about something, but then one time my premonition was accompanied by a terrible vision of people trapped in a tall, tall building, taller than any building I had ever seen, the people were trapped by fire and explosions and they couldn't get out. They were crying and they were so frightened. Some were praying, some were cursing. I wanted to help them, but I couldn't, I couldn't go in the building. So I stood on the sidewalk, and I looked up at the very very tall building, and some people were jumping from the building. I stood on the sidewalk, shaking and crying. A loud, terrible rumbling, and the ground shook, and I looked up as the building came crashing down, falling in on itself. I ran, I ran as hard and as fast as I could, to escape a big billowing cloud of dust and smoke, and then I could not breathe. I was covered in dust, dust as fine as silt.

That vision came to me in 1998.

I told God, "No more. Don't show me anything, anymore. I don't want this gift."

So He took the gift from me.

Now I don't have premonitions or visions anymore. I asked Him to take the gift away. And He did.

July 3, 2012 at 11:03 am |
  66. pockets

Science has already proven the so called "near death experiences". If you want more "woo woo" read Deepak Chopra, a con man's con man....its just nonsense.

July 3, 2012 at 6:45 pm |
  67. Yeah

The "experts" I read here are really entertaining, offering a whole lot of man-made, farcical suppositions, wholly subjective, to try to explain the unexplainable. You can't refute someone's extra-sensory experience, because YOU'RE NOT THEM! You don't know what they experienced.l

July 4, 2012 at 2:06 am |
  68. Eric of Reseda, CA

I've had an out of body experience, and it was even witnessed. (The person described what they saw when I came back, said it was if life my body as I stood there like a shell). I lived in an area near Trinidad, Northern California, where ghost sightings amongst the locals was common. I know what they were talking about...(Most attribute these apparitions to the spirits of the dead from the Hupa tribe and/or other tribes that were slaughtered by the early logging industry). I believe she experienced something profound.

July 4, 2012 at 2:32 am |
  69. Mom of Three

I died two years ago last October, and there was nothing. When they brought me back, it wasn't like waking up. It was like coming up through a blue layer, then BOOM, crash cart, medical team, from zero noise to too much noise. But that was it. I ain't gonna lie.

July 4, 2012 at 4:46 am |
  70. Tante Waileka

Absolutely delusional and narcissistic. I do not believe for a second that se had the 'vision' she claims to have had, particularly about her son's death. In fact I think she is owned by the devil... life after death? She has no proof of that and what she just stated in this video is not believeable and just plain lies. I won't be reading her 'book'.

July 5, 2012 at 6:26 am |
  71. Wow

Come on. If you are drowning there is a lack of oxygen in your brain which can trigger hallucinations... Come on, get real. "heaven" is just an imaginary thing. Her son is dead. He is GONE. Simple as that.

July 5, 2012 at 5:12 pm |
  72. sugar

SophieCat: I saw it too. It happened when I was awake that time, a month before. But I know I love my vision. I love my insight and intuition. The human instinct, the human soul, the all. You can have it back if you want. It sounds like you would be strong. And pure. If you could serve as a beacon of white light with your strength you stand to make more difference than you may realize.

We all do.

July 6, 2012 at 4:41 am |
  73. Hugh Myron

Mary Neal, are u a wizard?

July 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm |
  74. George

Only she knows what she saw and heard...no one can tell her any different. I love the way people try to tell a person thats been through something what really happend and the kicker is that these people weren't there at all.

July 7, 2012 at 9:16 am |
  75. who are you to say she's lying?

I believe her, and all the other near death experiencers, including my dad, who relate their memory. I haven't been there. I hope they are right. But I can tell you that they have more experience than I do. It befuddles me sometimes how narrow people can be when it comes to topics that science cannot YET explain. Go sail off the edge of the Earth, and leave us and our Magical thinking alone. :-)

July 7, 2012 at 7:39 pm |
  76. Chris

Being Buddhist we belive in rebirth. I belive in many things. I have actually talked to people who have had NDE. It is amazing to hear stories about NDE or children who talk about previous lives. I belive all this is real. I do however also beleive this woman has issues and is in short full of crap. There are too many holes in her story. I think she has some serious work to do with herself. I think she simply went public after writing a book and is trying to deal with the loss of her Son. I don't fault her for feeling the pain and guilt. I do however belive she does not speak the truth. A women in her position would have had emotional trauma from the accident and even more trauma knowing that her child was going to die. Maybe there are a lot of parts missing I don't know, but as a parent, even as an Athiest parent, if you had this experience, and your mind was totally devoted to Science would you not at least be worried? Would you not loose sleep over this. If in fact it was 'that" real then wouldn't that change someone? Why SO many years later does this come out. Listening to her talk sounds as if she not all together or on some pretty heavy medication to start with. Again I believe what she says is possible , does happen and has happened, just not to her. Sorry. Not buying it.

July 9, 2012 at 4:50 pm |
  77. letsgomets2012(and beyond!)

"Ripple effect" she said?

Wait just a second here....isn't that also what Betty Eadie said - she also wrote a book about a NDE, way back in 1995.

Wasn't Ms. Eadie's book more or less disproved? At least that's what I heard.

I believe in NDEs - an uncle of mine had one; he was burned in a fire at a bakery.

July 10, 2012 at 7:37 pm |
  78. John

The comments regarding Mary's story have been enjoyable to read. I was an atheist for most of my adult life. Atheists, in general, are very deep thinkers. They need a great deal of convincing before they are willing to budge in their views regarding the existence of other dimensions and faith. Most importantly, they need to be shown genuine love by those who believe in addition to a great deal of prayer (intercession) for them. "No one comes to the Son, unless the Father is drawing them." God is drawing each person who responded to this story. Some of us play hard to get, but His love for each of us is just so amazing, and in time, can even wear down those who resisted the most. Life in this dimension is so short. Following Jesus (Yeshua) is an investment whose returns are eternal. Thanks for responding. I could certainly relate to the comments on both sides.

July 21, 2012 at 3:21 am |
  79. maggie

I don't see how this has anything to do with religion or science, the lady is clearly being honest, this is her experience and she is sharing it, good for her it takes guts to share.

November 1, 2012 at 9:50 am |
  80. Larry

Yes, a person can grow by comforts one does not always have to be miserable to grow-when one is happy and healthy one can help others better than if your ill and depressed. Although their is strong evidence Jesus Christ lived-simply if God wants to give information to a person He should be able to do this without putting someone through a painfull near death experiance.Jesus Christ fought against suffering He healed,forgave,fed food to people and gave people hope, then their are some Christians who enjoy telling people God gave them some type of illness,disease or terriable accident which to a thinking person scares them away from a God who does such awfull things!!!.

November 5, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
  81. Larry

A loving and mercifull God would not put people through a painfull and scary near death experiance-Jesus Christ already suffered much for people, more suffering is not needed, in fact throughout human history theirs been too much human suffering!. I've recently checked three books on near death experiance:1-Proof of Heaven, 2-My Journey To Heaven and 3-To Heaven And Back. The first book the author got a near deadly infection, the second book the author got a tumor and a hernia, the third book the author nearly drown, this does not seem the Biblical Jesus Christ would do such awful things to people. I'm 54 years of age now and since the age of 9 i've suffered from much anxiety and depression am dignosed with OCD associated with depression and when i hear or read some Christian informing how wonderfull suffering is that turns me off due to the fact i've already suffered too much!.

November 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm |
  82. Larry

My third and final post here. Regarding my comment on the second author/book above-My Journey To Heaven i did not read the whole book i don't know if this author said God gave him the tumor but he did say God gave him a hernia perhaps later God healed his hernia-i hope so. The point is it's scary to believe God would inflick some type of illness,disease or painfull accident on people to prove He is real and loving seemingly a loving and merciful God such as Jesus Christ would not do such terrible things to people. Recently i heard a Christian minister say during his sermon on the radio say their is not a single hair that falls out that is not willed by God perhaps he did not realize what he really said but he said in a round about way baldness is caused by God. Now the Bible does say God knows the number of hairs a person has but this does not mean God causes baldness or hair to fall out. When informing about God publicly Christians should think what their saying. Their is one Christian broadcast i like that is-lutheranhour.org / Bad things happen in this life do to ones sins and other people sins plus do to the fall of man in the garden of edin.

November 5, 2012 at 9:57 pm |
  83. Larry

Fourth post here, this will be the last one here.- People pray to God asking God through Jesus Christ to heal people give people good health and happiness instead of people getting illnesses,diseases and terrible painfull accidents!!!.

November 5, 2012 at 10:09 pm |
  84. Larry

Regarding my four above comments here, their basicly sum up by these Scripture verses- Luke 4:16-21 and John 10:10.

November 8, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
  85. jack

yes life after death is real i my self have experianced it. when i was just 3 years old i came out of my body during a seuzer i could see everything going on around me. so the story that mary neal tells us is true

November 24, 2012 at 8:41 am |
  86. rose macaskie

The religious people I have met use such a story to try to manipulate people in totally inexcuasable ways. The nuns i was taught by liked stories of the supernatural, ghost and such, later in life I was to see why they like to introduce us to these stories the supernatural gives them leverage over people and levarage that efects people to make choices they disagree with morally like to vote for the right somthing the churches seem to most of them support the religious i knew surreptitiously put a lot of energy into changing my politicala idaeas however a belief in social reform is stronger in me than any religious ideas so they totally lost me there.
    They are in fact always using anything they can to create apparently miraculous situations which rather make people take leave of their wits and trust to what the religious say. It is for them, you have heard this ladies story, well dont you think that that is a good reason to think that you should obey us, as if buddhists and protestants protestants less, the supernatural being prohibited in the church of england as a force that can be used against people, the jews with their cabala and such, did not also have pretty magic stories which in their case in no way meant the Pope was right, which is what catholics would have such stories mean.
    I consider the religious so abusively manipulative that no story should be told that they can use to ill treat the population with, as a lot of them are no better than your old fashioned hell fire teacher ignorant and cruel in their manipulation of people.
    There is a good depiction of a totally abusive way of confessing someone in the film of Joan of Arc by Luc Besson, in which a priest tries to convince joan that she is worse by far than any known depiction of history shows her to be and this blackening of her to herself, according to Luc Besson, seemed to him a good thing, I suspect him of hating her for sexist reasons and destroying her on celuloid because he is sexist, The confession in the film is what I would call, an attempt to destroy a person, by which used to be meant, to cause them to have a mental break down or to take leave of their senses, to totally lose confidence in themselves and bend to the wil of others. It was also a way of twisting reality and reality is important it is the ground beneath our feet and it is walking on the ground that stops us going mad. reality was twiste d by the confessor so that the recieiver would have to believe she was mad if things were as her mentor said, so different from anything her own perception had proved them to be. the religious get so over confident they start so to beieve that how they see things is how god does rather than maybe how a human doe snad so possibly wrong that they trust in their own senses to much and religion also makes them cruel anythign goes if it is to save a soul or protect the workd from those who are treasonous to their beloved christ.
    If telepathy is a true capacity and I believe it is, the religious can twist an awful lot of situations in which they are merely using telepathy, that is transfering the thoughts of the religsu person not of god, to make the situations look as if they are supernatural without the magic having anything to do with God though they pretend it comes from God and they are certainly immoral enough to fake any situation so as to pretend such a thing if by so doing they can impose their will on another person against the other persons idea of what is right.
    The film, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, illustrates how mad they can be, and so how little one should allow them to talk this sort of clap trap that influences the week minded too much, very well. rose macaskie madrid.

December 2, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
  87. American zombie

This IDIOT is trying to make a quick buck with a book.NO ONE can see the future,or read ppls minds,etc... We all have organic brains,so this is not possible.WAKE UP IDIOT AMERICANS!

December 6, 2012 at 6:38 pm |
  88. Same Experience 38 years ago

I had a very similar experience at age 16 having wisdom tooth extraction, under anesthesia (nitrous oxide) plus probably high doses of valium. I must have stopped breathing because before I heard the dental surgeon say give her oxygen-nitrous overdose! I had already seen blackness then a very bright white light, utter inner peace and great love and do also remember the presence of unconditionally loving beings as well as in that moment, understood everything in my troubled life with complete compassion for all my family... I remember when surgeon said give her oxygen thinking NO, do not give it to me, I don't want to come back, the peace and love was so wonderful, something I had never experienced before. But I did come back. It was years before I told anyone about the experience partly because I was only sixteen at the time and didn't want to get in trouble for it, or I guess, get the Dr. in trouble, as I would never have given up the experience and partly because I thought no one would believe it, it was so powerful. Interestingly, I am an agnostic or possibly even an atheist. I do not follow any religion although I do remember one of the "people' or " beings' who were there to greet me seemed to be an angel or a Jesus-like figure. At 54 I am still not a religious person. Anyway, for what it's worth, I am also a scientist with a doctorate in Biology. I will read her book with interest to see if it reminds me of my own near-death experience.

December 9, 2012 at 7:10 pm |
  89. Keep an Open Mind

The science that the naysayers use as the cornerstone for denying that conciousness can exist beyond a living physical body is not as foolproof as they think. Most scientific 'truths' and accepted 'theories' in the last 100 years when examined by today's knowledge have been shown to be either completely wrong or flawed. 100 years from now, the cornerstones of today's naysayers scientific 'proof' will statistically suffer the same fate as those of the past 100 years. So much for the 'absolutes' of science proving there is no existence beyond death. For what its worth, I have a very strong 'formal' education in both physical and medical sciences.

January 2, 2013 at 3:40 am |
  90. firefliesrule

There is a lot of interest in Quantum Physics - possible 'other' dimensions, etc. PBS has had shows on it.

Several yrs. ago I enjoyed watching "Psychic Detectives". The FBI, & several different states hire these people who provide Good clues / pieces to the puzzle of murders / kidnappings, etc., that those agencies are investigating. They Know they'll get some good info to help them solve the case. Another show is "Psychic Kids". The one I really liked had a young girl from Minnesota & a young boy from ____ (can't remember). I also have a good friend who has some abilities. She's been living abroad for over 10 yrs. now, so I don't see her in person. She used to occasionally ask me a question that she couldn't Possibly know to even ask – personal stuff. I asked her why she would ask that & if she had abilities & she said 'some'. This occurred when I didn't know her that well. It was 'unsettling' / even Shocking that she Knew to ask these questions! - I had quite a few out of body experiences - most within a year - about 20 yrs. ago. It was when I first would go to asleep – I Think! I didn't like it, & just told myself I wasn't going to have one when I was trying to go to sleep. Creeped me out. I would leave the house, etc. I didn't exactly Broadcast these events to co-workers, etc. I did tell one great friend – didn't phase him. I already knew about his 'deja vu' / 'premenition' which was Really interesting. He had a dream about working in a large Fortune 50 company, & doing work in a lab. That's where we met! He had seen the whole lab with unique equipment/ lay-out, etc., Before an interview! He May have had an interview set up, but had not been at the property. It's not like you could be someone's 'visitor' for a tour, etc.! He said the experience was pretty mind boggling! We were both around 25 at the time. I love people with open minds!

January 6, 2013 at 6:10 am |
  91. Anonymous

Many years ago I was in an extremely painful auto accident, and for a few moments I was airborne. While I was being ejected upwards I felt no pain. No fear. No anxiety. It was instant calm and joy. And I felt like I could go on forever. I was above the scene of the accident and saw the cars below. When I came back down it was like my spirit fell back into my body, filling me up with the extreme pain of my injuries. I was connected to earth and this world again. I have no concern this was manufactured by my mind. It was as real as life. But that other dimension was completely without fear, pain or turmoil of any kind.

December 3, 2013 at 1:37 am |
  92. Anonymous

I wanted to add this to my previous comment. When I fell back into my body and the pain I did not want to come back to this world. I wanted to stay so badly. I felt so sad to return. I could "feel" the stress of the world come back as that peace faded away. As much as my injuries, I felt the stress happening in the world. The war, the anguish of people. That other world did not have tears, war, people crying out in the "air" like I sensed in this one. I didn't talk about this for years because I didn't think anyone would believe me. But it is real. I don't want the pain of dying in a bad way, but I am not afraid of what happens after death.

December 3, 2013 at 1:47 am |
  93. personal training Long Island

These type of stories fascinate me. It comforts me in a way and a lot of people who have near death experiences have similar stories to tell… truly amazing!

January 14, 2014 at 6:13 pm |
  94. successful diets

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am
    quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here!

Best of luck for the next!

April 11, 2014 at 4:37 pm |
  95. lesta koer

i knew 9 months before that my husband of 13 years was going to die, it wasn't a near death experience but something came to me and told me i really think it was god, he was preparing me but i thought ok but not now or right away and then he passed when it was 9 months. i should have paid more attention, but now i know he s been gone for 16 months now but its weird i can also remember when i was a child about 14 my mom and i were talking about death, and i told her when my dad died he would die in a hospital, and in 1992 my dad passed away in the hospital. wow now thats crazy,

July 7, 2014 at 12:41 pm |