Today on CNN Newsroom

June 23rd, 2012

Remembering CNN Colleague Daniel Funk

Daniel Lee Funk was just 29 years old. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones. Daniel, we miss you already.

Filed under: Anchors • CNN Newsroom • Don Lemon
  1. Steve'o'

I have known Daniel for 2 years. He was one of the nicest people I have ever known. I will miss watching any of my Pittsburgh teams play his Atlanta teams. He was a good sport and never had a bad word to say about anything. He will be missed.

June 24, 2012 at 1:47 am |
  2. Joanthan

Daniel, I and many of us in the CNN Family are all going to miss you greatly. You will never go unknown in some of our hearts for what you have done, and how you touched our hearts and lives. I'll miss you bro_mance ;)
    Much Love to you
    see you in the next.
    Jona~

June 24, 2012 at 2:45 am |
  3. Joshua

nice, kind, faithful, funny, honest are one of the many words that i can describe Daniels way of being. I will miss him greatly. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this time.
    God Bless
    Josh

June 24, 2012 at 2:53 am |
  4. Tommy

Daniel was my best friend. I am so thankful for all the good times we shared. I still can't believe my homeboy is gone. It's a travesty. However, his good natured soul and ever present positive attitude earned him many, many more friends than enemies...and left lasting impressions on so many individuals. Truly a great guy, which is not something you can say about many these days. Funk – we all miss you already, bro.

June 24, 2012 at 3:32 am |
  5. Paul Vaughan

You left your mark in the short time we had you, Daniel.
    I seriously doubt anyone could find a discouraging word about you.
    We will certainly miss Daniel, his genuine character, work ethic, unique laugh, and fedora hats.

Thanks for showing that life is promised to no one, and that we all need to be prepared.
    Rest in Peace.

June 24, 2012 at 9:25 am |
  6. Hollywood2222

we'll l miss you brother from another mother Dan Funk, thanks for the little time you shared your heart,AND SPIRIT WITH US..I know you will be here with us in spirit always, thats the way of the "Lord"..we are just here for a litt' while and what we do here to help others and show honesty ,love, and kindness will grant you into the pearly gates of heaven and you will be in the comforting hand of our father god.....you are now and always be in eternity in heaven with our "GOOD LORD"

June 24, 2012 at 11:11 pm |
  7. Sas

Daniel was so lovely all the time, I never saw him angry or cranky. He was truly great at his job, and a great person to be around. His absence will be noticed every day, may he rest in peace.

June 25, 2012 at 12:20 am |
  8. Cameron E

Daniel...I'm really gonna miss you...you always were smiling, were friendly, and easy to talk to. I'm gonna miss your laugh when I would call you "Timberlake"...our little inside joke when I would see you..I called you that because I thought you were always a stylish dresser and had a cool vibe about you man....Now anytime I call about getting my PC fixed or getting my flash updated I'll always think about the guy who was so good at his job and took the time out of his busy day to make sure others were taken care of...R.I.P.

June 25, 2012 at 3:29 am |
  9. heather

I met his mom a year ago she's a sweet woman what happend to Daniel?

June 26, 2012 at 1:45 pm |
  10. KaRon

Daniel,

You'll be missed. My heart and prayers go out to his family, friends, and love ones. REST IN PEACE MY BROTHER........You're in a better place.

KaRon

June 26, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  11. Bert Telman Jr

I met Daniel back in 2005 when he first started at Turner in the Data Center and saw him grow with the company to his present role on the CNN side. We'd see each other from time to time in the building and would always stop and chat. I'll miss those chats,his smile and easy going manner. In all the time I've known him I've never seen him disgruntled or having a bad word about anyone. Gone but not forgotten my brother. See you on the other side. Peace & Light.

June 29, 2012 at 8:40 am |