Today on CNN Newsroom

June 28th, 2012

Supreme Court ruling a stinging loss for Republicans

Today the Supreme Court upheld President Obama's 'Affordable Health Care Act' in a ruling that has upset the GOP. Brooke speaks with Sen. Olympia Snowe who says that the bill will have 'huge financial implications for individuals, families, and businesses across the country.'

Post by:
Filed under: Anchors • Brooke Baldwin • CNN Newsroom
  1. Jade

As with everything that govornment inforces, this will be overly taxed eventually. Govornment never does things well and should NOT impose themselves in this way. If it passes, it will fail as Govornment always over taxes EVERYTHING. I HATE this ruling.

June 28, 2012 at 6:30 pm |
  2. Mark Cleotelis

The Supreme Court ruling said teh individual mandate only passes constitutinal mustar if it is a tax, not a penalty. The law specifically states it is a penalty. A Superme Court ruling does not change the wording of a law, only Congress can do that. For Obamacare to remain a law, it must be ammended so that the penalty for not participating is changed to a tax. Am I wrong, or until it has been ammended Obamacare has been overturned?

June 29, 2012 at 11:54 am |
  3. JoeBobLee

huh? Yesterday you all said the Mandate is Dead.

June 29, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  4. John

This is not a loss for Republicans it is a loss for America. I`m a business owner. I have an employee for the first time in his life has a car in his name, first time in 15 years he even has a car, has a job with a regular paycheck, and I was going to give him a raise and his own route next year. I informed him today that with all the new taxes coming my way I might have to backtrack. I explained to him the lie the left has perpetuated about new taxes and how exactly it will effect my business. Having all the facts I told him to watch the liberal stations and how they will try to make me as the employer look evil just like the President does daily. The biggest tax on the middle class in history and all the Democrats are celebrating. Wait til November.

June 30, 2012 at 4:55 am |
  5. concerned citizen

Has somebody seen this to confirm this guy really said what I heard. I will be sending e-mailas to othr legislators as well. I'm just trying to get this out there and I do not do twitter and facebook (I have my reasons)

I have sent the following e-mail to Eric Cantor. Can you please help me get an answer on this issue.

Dear Sir,

This the e-mail I sent to McCarthy from California. His e-mail seems to be full. I would appreciate it greatly if you could clarify the official Republican position on this issue.

You made the statement on Fox News (June 29th) – Greta Van Sustern – that "Romney will make the trains run on time." What did you mean by this? As you well know, this is a euphemism (sorry if I mispelled that) for Mussolini having created ORDER in Italy. It is also used in the Czech republic to say Hitler may have been a bad guy, but at least "he made the trains run on time" and we appreciated that. Again, the meaning is a New Order came to the land. My grandma used to say this about Hitler, for example. There is another meaning. Hitler made the trains run on time to the East (the extermination camps) even during the tough years 1943-5 when Germany was under constant assault by the Allied powers. If this was a bad joke sir, an apology will suffice. My family was caught up in the New Order, and fortunately most of them survived. My Czech grandpa, who was a soldier and had to retreat after the betrayal of Munich – go Hitler – survived, and my Ukranian Grandpa conquered Berlin with the Red Army – boo...go Hitler – but there were others who died. An uncle who was a tank driver died a glorious death at the battle of Kursk. An Aunt who worked for the resistance was hung by the Nazis. You get the point.

If this was not a joke and you were announcing some sort of Fourth Reich that is coming...do you really think that will fly in America? We have the 2nd Amenment. Let me be the first to say Not in America! The Land of the Free, the Home of the Brave.

June 30, 2012 at 11:19 pm |
  6. Terrry Turner

The Democrates keep saying "only those who can aford to buy health insurance but choose not to" will pay a penality. My question is, who will make the decision whether or not I can aford to buy insurance?

July 2, 2012 at 6:29 pm |
  7. John

I wonder how many folks understand Obamacare is not free. A family making $30,000 will have to pay upfront between 5%-8% or approximately $2000. 00 before they can get assistance. For senoirs a 500 billion cut to medicare. When have you ever seen the goverment do more with less. This is not going to be all lillys and roses like the media and the Democrats are telling you. My wife had breast cancer and a bilateral masectomy and she is glad it happened now before Obama care is implemented.

July 3, 2012 at 2:30 am |