Today on CNN Newsroom

July 6th, 2012

Pets Burned, Left To Die

Marc Peralta of the Pennsylvania SPCA tells CNN's Asleigh Banfield that a disturbing trend of burning pets and leaving them for dead is being investigated around the Philadelphia area.

Post by:
Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. Argle Bargle

Philadelphia. Shame on you, allowing people amongst you to perpetrate such heinous crimes and get away with it. And people wonder why Philadelphia is such a cesspool of evil. Disgusting.

July 6, 2012 at 8:06 pm |
  2. tom s.

It seems that every year philly shows just how little class they have there !
    Whoe ever knows who did this and doesn't say anything is just as disgusting !

July 7, 2012 at 7:07 pm |
  3. who are you to say she's lying?

Mutilating animals is a classic precursor to serial killing humans. If you know who it is, better tell now.

July 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm |
  4. Badly-Bent

I'm all for creating a new category of animal abuse with significantly higher penalties!

July 12, 2012 at 11:10 am |
  5. Ed Tee

Perhaps when caught they should be set on fire and left for dead. No one human would do something like that. It's just plain disgusting...

July 14, 2012 at 11:22 am |
  6. Ed Tee

I suppose my previous comment was just as bad as the morons doing this heinous act but when I hear or read about cowards such as these, my blood boils and well, I say before I really think. My apologies. This person or person needs to be locked up and the key thrown away.

July 14, 2012 at 11:29 am |
  7. pooflingingmonkey

Understandable, Ed.

July 20, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
  8. Suzy

i agree with Ed. These loving animals do not deserve this. They did nothing wrong. I believe there should be a public list of animal abusers on line like the sex offenders list. This might help with animals falling into the wrong hands.

July 25, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
  9. rad666

It is as if society is moving backwards instead of evolving. I mean I hate kill shelters but really if you no longer want your pet have the decency to have it put down, what kind of barbarian would light ANY animal on fire. I firmly believe that people who abuse and torture small children and animals should have the same done to them and then THEY should be put down, only in an incredibly painful way.

July 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
  10. Geraldine Drewlo

There is so much evil and sickness in our world. We need to pray and try to help all people that come our way. My heart goes out to the abused children and animals. They are helpless. When we hear or see something not right please get involved. You will never regret helping someone. May God be with the entire world. Geraldine.

July 28, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  11. LucyRicardo

You are so right, Geraldine. It's time to step up the charges and increase the penalties. Misdemeanors do not deter evil people. At least let's move these kinds of crimes up to felony charges with extreme cruelty with a minimum penalty of life in prison.

July 31, 2012 at 1:31 pm |