Today on CNN Newsroom

July 6th, 2012

William Lynch acquitted of assaulting priest

William Lynch discusses his acquittal after punching an elderly priest that he claims sexually molested him as a child. Lynch admitted to attacking the priest but was found not guilty of felony assault and elder abuse charges.

Post by:
Filed under: Anchors • Brooke Baldwin
  1. Melissa Billups

So proud of you Will!

July 7, 2012 at 11:09 pm |
  2. M'Lisa Cunningham

Nice job...very well spoken Will! And I say YES...charge Lindner criminally!

July 8, 2012 at 4:03 pm |
  3. J long

The Will Lynch case is disturbing on so many different levels. In my opinion, Will Lynch will always be a hero. There is no doubt, beyond reason, that this so-called priest, Father Jerry, has gotten away with what I believe to be much worse than murder. And his monstrous acts on numerous, terrified, victims (too young to comprehend at the time) absolutely proves that the law of statute of limitations for sexual abuse victims is completely WRONG and INHUMANE. A father in Texas walked in on his little girl being raped in a barn and killed the rapist with his bare hands, right there on the spot. The outcome: case was thrown out. He had EVERY right in the world to take action and defend himself and his daughter. Why does a mere few punches to this rapist deserve felony charges? I'm curious to know if Father Jerry will continue to live up at the so called, "rapists retreat" in Los Gatos, if not put away? I have a 3 yr old son and we live on the border of San Jose/Los Gatos. How am I to feel safe knowing that around the corner a handful of non-convicted, church-bought rapists live with freedom to come and go as they please? Why can't Legislature open there eyes to this statute of limitations on sexual assault victims?? Especially when there are multiple victims/witnesses involved? I'm at a loss for words. Will's strength, bravery and all around persona will always stand out as a true hero in my mind. He's done nothing wrong in this case. Nothing that merits a minute of jail time. Father Jerry better run... and fast.

July 9, 2012 at 11:41 am |
  4. jeannieguzman1

In Texas, there is a "Make My Day Law!" It's too bad this case in CA ever had to go to trial. There should be a similar law in CA. Even though I abhor the idea of vigilante justice, in this particular case, had I been on the jury, I couldn't have found Will guilty!

July 9, 2012 at 10:40 pm |
  5. Cathy (Mullarkey) Lawrence

You go boy! I was there on the camp trip and for the first day of trial and have followed through my siblings for the resolution which I know will never be for you but we are all here for you and just wish we could have been there for you that day. He needs to be in jail!

July 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm |
  6. Kendra

I truly doubt there is any fact contained in this rumor. Every copanmy in the country is having serious discussion about surviving the economy, so conversations about how to operate and ways to conserve are certainly being considered. I have heard crazy rumors about a lot of companies. But WEEK is not number one by accident. Habits die slowly, but with 100 channels to choose from no station remains that strong for that long if people do not like what they see. Their weather people have to be under contract. No regional weather guy will replace Lee Ranson.

July 26, 2012 at 2:45 am |