Today on CNN Newsroom

April 12th, 2013

Newtown families slam "Glee" shooting

CNN's Carol Costello talks with a Newtown parent about "Glee's" controversial episode regarding a school shooting.

Post by:
Filed under: Carol Costello
  1. Steve

Having watched the Glee episode last night I felt it was done tastefully, revealing the raw emotions of students and teachers alike showing how it could be for them when faced with the unknown. We all feel for CT and hate the horrors that continue, but instead of "slamming" the show, praise the creators for their bravery to keep school violence in the forefront.

April 12, 2013 at 10:43 am |
  2. t.rod

there is a lot of tv shows on if you don't like it don't Watch it ..you can always watch honey Boo Boo and Mama jane

April 12, 2013 at 1:15 pm |
  3. Andres Schadt

I don't often get to watch Glee. I was very pleased with last night's show for showing what should be done in a school in such an event. After teaching for 38 years and serving on the Crisis Intervention teams in three different schools, I thought this was handled very well. The families in Connecticut have my deepest sympathies. However, I think they should be pleased that the problem is being addressed instead of being ignored.

April 12, 2013 at 4:22 pm |
  4. ronvan

Didn't see it so I don't know, BUT, I do agree with the fact that to let these tragedies just go away is NOT the answer!

April 14, 2013 at 8:26 am |
  5. Bryant

If you're offended, don't watch the programming. I see no reason why Fox should have had to "reach out" to Newtown.

How can anyone think that any form of "gun control" will ever prohibit mass shootings? I highly doubt the legality of a weapon matters to someone who plans to murder innocents.

April 24, 2013 at 6:56 pm |
  6. Camillo Sganga

All about gun control: If our founding Fathers knew that todays guns fire at a rapid pace empteeing a 30 round magazzine in 3to4 seconds I'am sure that thay would have changed the writing. When the article was written guns were loaded one bullet at the time with a rod, fire, reload again it takes a lot of time to reload a gun. Not like today's guns firing at will without re-loading. I would give a gun to all people if they wnted one like 200 hundred years ago. Thaere would not be mass shooting as Columbine, Newtown etc...

May 6, 2013 at 10:55 am |