Today on CNN Newsroom

June 6th, 2013

Kendrick Johnson body to be exhumed

CNN's Brooke Baldwin and Victor Blackwell bring us new developments in the case of a student athlete's bizarre death.

Post by:
Filed under: Brooke Baldwin
  1. Kay

I'm truly sorry for their loss. I can't imagine what it feels like to lose a child to such a freak accident. However, I feel that's all that it was, an accident. Not everything is a conspiracy against black people, or a cover up. I guess the thought of money from a wrongful death suit is just too much to ignore. Sad, but I really feel like that's the case here. I could be wrong, obviously, but I doubt that I am.

June 6, 2013 at 6:19 pm |
  2. Robert Howard

There will be justice and I am waiting for it to just come out! Don't be afraid to stand up for what you believe in. I believe that KJ was murdered if you do too don't sit on the couch eating chips stand up for what you believe in!!

June 6, 2013 at 6:24 pm |
  3. Tashayla

To "Just Me" & "Kay"...

Do any of you have kids? If not, then shut up. If so, then you would believe your child was murdered.

1) why did Sheriff Prine tampered the scene before the coroner got there???

2) Why they said Kendrick "K.J." Johnson was upside down? EMT's say he was halfway out???

3) Why were there missing clothes .. even worse BLOOD on the wall???

I could go on & on with a list of QUESTIONS that need to be ANSWERED. With an "accident", there should be NO UNANSWERED questions.

Watch what you ignorant guys say. Your kids could suffer even worse.

#RIPkj

June 6, 2013 at 6:49 pm |
  4. forallyoudo

I pray that the truth will come out if it isn't already.

June 6, 2013 at 7:06 pm |
  5. ValdostaPerson

From what I heard in town and as news stated there was a conflict between KJ and some others all I'm saying is this county has been known for cover ups in the past and dirty cops. That’s the truth. So yes I would doubt what the police report also. Look at all the mistakes they made in the case. Moving the body not calling the right people by the right time. If it’s not a cover up then Lowndes County does a very bad job of doing what is supposed to be done.

June 7, 2013 at 8:49 am |
  6. jerryhadley

I feel like some of these same people that's calling this and accident, wouldn't say this if it were their child; however they don't see the real picture. You would have all the support of your school systems and most likely the backing of the GBI and yours Truly going to jail Prine for all the cover-up that he's done; and not to mention Mr. Coroner who wants this to go away because you have perjured yourself with the News statements. Furthermore when it's all said and done someone little brats are going to be somebody cellmate, so get yourself prepared and dressed for that day,because its surely comeing to that point. I don't understand that people of all races think this is an accident only because they're being Hoodwinked AKA Blindfolded to belive the ones that's not serving the interest of all Lowndes Co.; but catering to the elite society ones thats making their beds in the prison system for you. I've always said that God said everything that's done under the sun will truly be revealed after the sun rises at high noon. The high tides will surely come ashore at the settling of the storm. I'm not racist by no means, because i wasn't raised that way, howver when people only see one color then it's time for Justice too prevail. The saddest part about this comment block is that people hide behind their true color and make all kinds of neagtive statements; but they want say in the kids parents face if they were face to face with them, and i heard that they call them cowards and bigot and idiots. I love everybody and I feel for the family knowing that i have kids and grands, and oneday they might get caught-up with a bunch of cowards and do the samething too them as-well. People all that I'm saying is that just know that you have kids and grands as well and it might be them that may lose their lives also; so don't always think that something is always an accident when you weren't there to see it. Also noted the kids that withdrew from the school days after this happen you will surely be find in Pinellas Fla or Valwood you can't hide from the State attorney, no matter where you go. The truth will prevail because God said in Psalms 27 The lord is my light and my salvation whom shall the family fear noone but God, and in Isaiah 54:17 God said that he would fight your battles for you; and Johnson Family you don't have to fight with these critics in the papers or in the streets, just wait and be patient on the Lord because this battle is his and not the Sheriff or GBI, Coroner it's his it's gods season now just hold out until the round-up come soon. I would have rather have voted for J.D YEAGER than Prine now knowing that he was corrupted before he got in office. He' going to be like that Sheriff in Wilcox Co in lock down soon. Prayers to the family and peace makers

June 7, 2013 at 9:26 am |
  7. ValdostaPerson

well said JerryHadley

June 7, 2013 at 10:02 am |
  8. valdostaperson

So sad, that child was killed I cry everyday for this family!

June 10, 2013 at 4:22 pm |
  9. Monique

@Kay, Just because the family happens to be black is not the point. They are parents that want answers! Black, white, red, yellow, wrong is wrong. There are many people from all ethnicities that fight for truth. Just because they are black doesnt mean they shouldn't get justice for their child. Its sad people still see color when injustices are colorblind.

June 18, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  10. farawayfromhere

Kay ..you must not have kids! The body was moved clearly something besides an accident happened!! Those parents know theyre baby was murdered and police are covering this up ! Its not a race thing please stop!

June 21, 2013 at 1:37 pm |
  11. Houston832281713

This incident is very chilling. I am interested in knowing the results, especially after viewing the photo of him upside down and his shoes behind him. My condolences are sent out to loved ones.

June 22, 2013 at 12:59 am |
  12. Leon Childs

There comes a time in life when you just have reached a climax of bereavement. I do not know all the details and information of this case but I will tell you what I do know. A body was moved, a crime scene was tampered with and a medical examiner was not called to the scene for 6 hours after the body was found. I am a man of God and a man of faith but just like Trayvon, the Child killed at the gas station, Sean Bell, the young man killed with his hands behind his back at the subway station, and now Kendrick Johnson were all murdered by a system of under ground and undercover racism. I am tired of being sick and tired, I am speechless because the constant murders of our race has left me silent. IT IS TIME TO TAKE A STAND

June 23, 2013 at 8:22 pm |
  13. Lette

I saw the photos of kendricks pictures and his face was BEATEN until it was unrecognizeable.....There is a wrongful death involved in this case and I am praying for the family. I have seen the face of a person who died o asphyxia and there is NO trauma to the face.... this child was beaten until his death the photos are on his FB page.... go look for your self at this gruesome image and imagine how his family feels... no way this is anything but a murder.

June 27, 2013 at 10:28 am |
  14. Mike

Why was he even buried w/ all this evidence pointing to a crime and no on going investigation? Is the south really like this?
    This wouldn't happened in Cali. Time to move!

July 1, 2013 at 5:45 pm |
  15. beth

there is something drastically wrong here I think Kendrick was murdered so glad they are reopening the case.My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Never give up seeking justice for your son

July 1, 2013 at 7:45 pm |
  16. Binner

My condolences to the family. I hope you find the real answers. Anyone can see that something is Not right with this investigation. A face DOES NOT end up looking like that from falling into a rolled mat. Who ever is responsible, and whom ever helped cover it up (nomatter how many or highly placed) should get extra jail time.

July 3, 2013 at 6:51 pm |
  17. Family Man

Only God knows what happened. I live in Valdosta & have heard all about this story. My heart goes out to the family. I don't know what happened whether it was an accident or if he was murdered. Ultimately I think the family just wants to find out what really happened to their son so they can find peace. All these people pulling the race card are blowing this into something that it's not & making it even harder on the family.

September 4, 2013 at 12:30 am |
  18. In home personal training Long Island

This story is so tough to deal with! What happened? Police have really messed this up.I don't believe that this was an accident. What a horrible ordeal. I wish the family the best.

January 10, 2014 at 8:56 pm |