Today on CNN Newsroom

June 14th, 2013

Michaela Pereira on what to expect on CNN’s New Day

CNN New Day news anchor Michaela Pereira talks to Brooke about the new morning show and her exclusive interview with Chelsea Clinton.

Post by:
Filed under: Anchors • Brooke Baldwin • CNN Newsroom
  1. Pat Lewis

We Miss our Machaela, here in So. Cal, Give her back to us

June 17, 2013 at 10:59 am |
  2. Lisa

The show was a hot mess. Too many contributors. Kate is nice, but boring. It should be Michaela and Chris with one other person. Michaela should sit sitting forward, like the people on the Today show. Michaela should be given better stories, not stupid stuff, like riding on camels. Kate was not professional with Michaela. Chris was great.

June 17, 2013 at 1:13 pm |
  3. Joyce

You have one of L.A.'s finest, Michaela, and we were sorry to see her go. Hope CNN is good to her because she will be dedicated and loyal to you. I had to wake up at 3:00 a.m. to see her.

June 17, 2013 at 3:40 pm |
  4. Charles

Why do they have Michaela off to the side? It is a three person show, but you.only see the two anchors a majority of the time. I think Michaela can bringl personality to the show. Kate shouldn't make catty comments toward her.

June 25, 2013 at 7:32 am |
  5. Christian

I'm trying to figure out why Michaela is off to the side. Just from a visual vantage point, having her off to the side almost makes her seem like the side show instead of a credible personality on the show. She is much more pleasing to the eye than the other two (no disrespect) and she also has a natural vibrant facade that communicates openness, and a general positive personality. To me, her disposition immediately says "GOOD MORNING!" Her personality is much more engaging and suited to be front and center instead of off to the side. And another thing, even though she is reading news and top stories, she should be included in camera shots with the whole morning team. The flow gets

June 25, 2013 at 10:21 am |
  6. irma

I have to say that I have been so disappointed with "New Day". I have always liked Michaela and I feel that CNN, knowing she has fans, used her as bait for the show. I have liked having a news anchor that looks like the women in my family so I have to admit that I feel she was used to attract a certain audience. I feel that having her sit off to the side, not introducing herself like that obviously dominating Kate or hunky, liberal, Cuomo, makes it appear like she's just a "minority" quota. I mean, seriously can't CNN splurge for a larger, more inclusive desk where all three HOSTS (as advertised) can be front and center? Can't Michaela introduce herself at the beginning just like the other two? BTW, thanks for making the typical blonde anchor STOP from STEPPING on MICHAELA'S every word or story like she did the first week. Much better this week so far. What's the deal, is the blonde anchor in charge or something? It's just kind of WEIRD.

June 25, 2013 at 3:06 pm |
  7. irma

I would like to add that it's insulting that ND presents Michaela as the News Anchor as the "excuse" for having her "separate" from the other hosts. They all give the news and discuss, I mean sure Michaela has Home Video news while the other two have the big stories. Man, what's the deal? It's not a necessary set up. Get the right desk, place the screens where they can be seen by any camera and let Michaela introduce herself like the CO HOST and professional that she is.

June 27, 2013 at 12:03 pm |
  8. Chris

I've given the show some time to grow on me...and it just hasn't. I watch CNN every morning and I used to look forward to "Early Start." New Day has been a serious disappointment. Not only are the host not funny...it seems as though they are trying too hard to be. Some times it better just to read the news! It seems like CNN has moved away from promoting quality newscasters (Soledad & Roland) and moved towards trying to put a pretty face on TV. It is sad that I actually find mysellf flipping between CNN and FOX just to get some real news (if you can belive that) and a break from what at times seems like a late night talk show aired at the wrong time. You guys have some work to do.

July 5, 2013 at 6:59 am |
  9. personal training Long Island

There are so many options for morning news shows in the morning and this is one I choose to watch from time to time. Maybe if it has some time to grow and improve I will choose to watch it every morning.

January 13, 2014 at 3:20 pm |
  10. LILA GARDNER

THE 'MICHELA' GAL IS UNPLEASANT TO ME.... SHE'S FILMED 'OFF TO THE SIDE' BECAUSE SHE'S OBNOXIOUS LOOKING... SORRY...
    LIKE THE OTHER TWO...
    LILA.

August 20, 2014 at 4:43 pm |
  11. Beverley

Good Morning New Day, I miss Micheala. Why is she always sitting to the side and not with Chris and Katty. Micheala is funny and brightens the morning show. CNN please bring back Micheala front and center. Thank you. Have a new day!

October 20, 2014 at 6:14 am |
  12. penny Reily

I don't understand why they tape some segments with Michaela trying to interview while leaning on a Hugh chair because her size makes it impossible for her to sit on it. It's distracting and insulting to her. What's the point of these embarrassing segments. Why not just use a couch?

August 4, 2015 at 7:55 am |