Today on CNN Newsroom

June 20th, 2013

Baby falls from the sky

CNN's Ashleigh Banfield talks with the woman who made the catch of a lifetime.

Filed under: Ashleigh Banfield
  1. Name*sharon LeMaster

Only one Big Problem.. Instead of Seperating Parents & Children..& Destroying a family Unit, I think, A Bit of help repairing the Broken window should be done.

June 20, 2013 at 4:01 pm |
  2. Social Advertising

The soaring issue of our society which has direct or indirect impact on our nation's future. As the future depends on the kids getting quality education and family unity...

July 1, 2013 at 4:14 am |
  3. Terry Simpson

The city/state is happy to remove the children from their parents, but the city/state was not willing to fix the broken window. Easier to spend thousands of dollars raising the kids than hundreds of dollars fixing the window. If the parents couldn't afford to fix it, what were they supposed to do? What would the city/state HAVE them do? Nothing. No help. Lots of 'sorry's. And take the kids away when one gets through the only thing the parents could afford. Cardboard. No praise for the parents for covering up the hole, just take their kids away and be done with it. Sheesh.

July 14, 2013 at 5:59 am |
  4. Cynthia Googe

The human proximity was not random. I feel sure Joe Torre's Eary Childhood Educator Daughter has caught more than a
    few fly balls in her day. Keep your eye on the baby. Wishing a Glorious Sunday Morning to one & all.

July 14, 2013 at 9:45 am |
  5. John Giroux

Why does the hyperbole CNN headline state that the baby "Falls from the sky" when he fell from a fire escape? I mean the sky is ABOVE the fire escape, not level with it.

July 15, 2013 at 2:51 pm |
  6. TrustKnow1

So is this what's meant by throwing out the baby with the bath water?

July 18, 2013 at 11:02 pm |
  7. Gully Foyle

Being Joe Torre's daughter, did she yell "I got it" and wave the other on-lookers off?

July 19, 2013 at 2:31 am |
  8. personal training Long Island

Wow that is amazing! Good thing I wasn’t in her position, I can barley catch a football. Talk about a guardian angel. Thank goodness it all worked out for the best and the other children were removed from the home.

January 13, 2014 at 3:15 pm |
  9. HKempler

This morning on LEGAL VIEW a very distorted view of VA employees rights was broadcast by Ashleigh Banfield. Federal employees have rights, they can not be summarily fired. Ms, Banfield displayed a phenominal lack of knowledge by only talking about one side of this personnel issue.

November 10, 2014 at 1:01 pm |
  10. Bishop Donald Woody Sr.

I just wanted to say thank you for your coverage of the of the Mickeny, TX. pool party incident. I find your coverage of this incident very fair no non bias, we'll all your stories for the most part I haven't sensed otherwise. However I will say I am an African American clergyman and I do not think that I incident was initianally racist, however it did turn what you might call racist during the course of the incident because of the the way they they handled it. I feel they handled it ignorantly maybe because of a lack of training or whatever. I do not believe based on our history as well as recent events that if that had been a young white girl she would have been treated in such an abusisive deplorable way! This embarrasses me as an American, Father & Clergy man. As many are I am completely outraged! Shame, shame, shame on that officer for such treatment to that little, scared & horrified child who was obviously abused by a supposedly "justice of the peace" to bring order and protect all ( I do believe he initially went to do that) who proved in the case to be a territorist with a badge. I will say I have one precious and beloved daughter and God only knows though a clergyman if this happen to her I can say what I would do, but certainly beyond anything legal action & legistration changed pursued in some meaningful way. Sad just sad. Thank you and keep those "Real & fair" news and coverage coming we need it to be as you deliver it without bias. God bless.

June 9, 2015 at 1:38 pm |